343 Industries to work with "external partners" -HALO-

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

"343 Industries is in the market for a software development engineer to help "drive the future of Halo", a process that involves work with "external partners".

-

The right candidate will help 343 with "the challenging task of ensuring our external partners are able to turn world class games into industry movers". He or she "will be able to support external partners using a mature pipeline, drive new techniques and algorithms, take a lead on performance tuning issues and bringing passion and new ideas to the table. They will also be approachable and able to work with closely with artists and designers to understand requirements and solve problems."

-

Applicants should have "recently shipped a AAA Xbox One title", and will be expected to "get up to speed quickly on [an] existing codebase already in production". This suggests - and I'm stretching here, no doubt - that 343's mostly unrevealed Halo Xbox One will be the technological basis for any hypothetical parallel projects.

ALSO

Halo 2 Anniversary is now being rumored to be releasing along with Halo 5 in this article. not because 343 can handle developing 2 games at once. but because Halo 2 Anni is now being said to be under development of a 3rd party studio. it led the journalist, as well as me, to believe Halo 2 Anni will possibly have a 2014 release for the Xbox One. which would be pretty good for the Xbox One...definitely.

http://www.totalxbox.com/74030/343-industries-to-work-with-external-partners-on-the-future-of-halo/

"Halo Anniversary co-developers Saber Interactive and Certain Affinity are tipped to be working on Halo 2 Anniversary by a number of sources. Microsoft has stated that these and other reports are "based solely on speculation", which isn't quite the same thing as saying that they're false. "Other than confirming that your Halo journey on Xbox One begins in 2014, we have made no announcements related to specific titles," adds the statement in question."

two speculative pieces of news but still worth a discussion.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

Damn you make terrible threads.

Darth1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Darth1337
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

My guess is Halo 2 Anniversary either releases on Nov. 9th or Nov. 11th 2014 and will include multiplayer, as well as an invitation to the Xbox One beta of Halo 5, which will occur in Spring/Summer of 2015 for a full release in Fall 2015.

Hope it's true.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

tl:dr but knowing tc i'm going to go with it's a lot of bs

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tymeservesfate

@PinkieWinkie said:

well i do make terrible threads disappear ;} plus i caused the grand cow meltdown of 2014...so i have my little things that i do, do lol.

so on topic Pinkie...what do you think of this news. with Halo 2 being handled by a 3rd party studio leaving 343 to handle Halo 5 on its own make it a possibility for both IPs to be released THIS year...or no? and why?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Darth1337 said:

My guess is Halo 2 Anniversary either releases on Nov. 9th or Nov. 11th 2014 and will include multiplayer, as well as an invitation to the Xbox One beta of Halo 5, which will occur in Spring/Summer of 2015 for a full release in Fall 2015.

Hope it's true.

I wouldn't doubt that. If they are doing an anniversary for Halo, I hope its done like the first for 360. Really revamp everything, not just resolution. I can understand PS2/Xbox redo's.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tymeservesfate
@Krelian-co said:

you think i manufactured a fake article O_o? whoa boy....

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jimmarko21876
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts

I guess it didn't matter that the mods didn't let you finish the last thread, as this one is still fvcking terribad!

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

If you don't want a half finished thread to be locked then...finish it before posting it maybe? Anyway, on topic, I think that if they are going to release 2 Halo games this year they better hurry about and announce it and get one out because at this point, unless they plan on releasing them both in November and risk cannabalizing sales, then it's getting too late. I think it's going to be Halo 2 this year and Halo 5 next year.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Asking the mods to not lock your threads........ you are breaching on @me3x12 territory lol. Asking a mod not to lock your thread only convinces them that they should be locking your thread for what ever reason.

inb4: lock.

applefan1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By applefan1991  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 3397 Posts

Just noticed that @super600 already locked an identical thread to this. Please do not recreate locked threads.

***Unlocked because user made satisfactory changes as per Super600***

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By super600
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

The thread will now be unlocked since the suggested changes have been made. I won't unlock the original thread since this one is okay.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 misterpmedia

inb4:....unlock? woa what's happening.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PinkieWinkie

So where is it said that Halo 2 anniversary is rumored to release along side Halo 5 this year?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I think it wouldn't be smart to release 2 halo games in a year as it would split the MP crowd.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16  Edited By super600
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

inb4:....unlock? woa what's happening.

I unlocked it since it was okay to post now.Let's talk about this topic now.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tymeservesfate

a little miscommunication there on my part. thanks to the mods figuring things out n unlocking the thread.

with Halo 2 Anniversary maybe being worked on by another studio than 343 it frees them up to fully focus on Halo 5 for a possible release. which would be pretty big for the XB1...Halo 2 is one of the most loved editions to the franchise...and there is much anticipation for the next gen edition of the franchise as well. if they both end up releasing this year they'll probably sell major units.

it would be a great gameplan Microsoft put together making that happen as well.

@PinkieWinkie said:

So where is it rumored that Halo 2 anniversary is rumored to release along side Halo 5 this year?

you still upset Pinkie buddy, calm. i restructured the opening post. read it before whining buddy. geez louise...cows go straight the DC, no hesitation lol smh.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

*cough*

"drive the future of Halo"... right into the ground.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

*yawn*

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PinkieWinkie

@tymeservesfate: How am I upset? It says in your OP Halo 2 anniversary is rumored to release with Halo 5 this year. Where is that said in the article?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tymeservesfate

@jimmarko21876 said:

I guess it didn't matter that the mods didn't let you finish the last thread, as this one is still fvcking terribad!

lol, you don't even know the reason why it was initially locked friend. stop talking out of ignorance please lol smh. if you know the actual reason it was locked, why was it? :]

also don't you want to talk about the topic? there's two pieces of news to discuss here for you.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tymeservesfate

@PinkieWinkie said:

@tymeservesfate: How am I upset? It says in your OP Halo 2 anniversary is rumored to release with Halo 5 this year. Where is that said in the article?

from an article from another thread Pinkie...goodlord man. nowhere in the TOS does it say that people cannot mention other rumors they've heard while talking about another topic smh lol.

now do you have anything to add to the topic at all, or you just want to whine a little?

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PinkieWinkie

@tymeservesfate: where's the source?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10604 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

well i do make terrible threads disappear ;} plus i caused the grand cow meltdown of 2014...so i have my little things that i do, do lol.

so on topic Pinkie...what do you think of this news. with Halo 2 being handled by a 3rd party studio leaving 343 to handle Halo 5 on its own make it a possibility for both IPs to be released THIS year...or no? and why?

Because the "terrible" in your threads take the "terrible" out of the other thread. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Sorry bro, but you left open a grand opportunity that I just couldn't pass up.

On Topic:

I really hope that both Halos aren't dropping this year. This year have already been killer to my finances, and we're only in the 3rd month out of 12 of them.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Heil68 said:

I think it wouldn't be smart to release 2 halo games in a year as it would split the MP crowd.

My guess is they release Halo 2 or 3 Anniversary with Halo 5 beta/demo. That's a winning plan IMHO. All in all I'm sure Halo 5 will not debut this year and I want 343 to have all the time needed to make it epic. Fall 2015 would be 3 years dev time. That game will define the One and it has to be great.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tymeservesfate

@PinkieWinkie: i don't need the source for the opening post. now are you asking me to get it for you personally? would you like me to go get it for you?

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

Agree with those saying halo 2 anniversary with a beta invite to halo 5 would be a good idea for MS. Then release Halo 5 in the spring or if it needs more time, in the fall.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Halo 2 Anniversary to be made by Gearbox am confirmed?

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PinkieWinkie

@tymeservesfate: You are stating a rumor in your OP with no source.

Doesn't matter, thread sucks anyways

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

Halo 5 ain't coming this year, bank on it.

Also, tired of hearing about Halo with actually nothing to report or say. No screens, no gameplay, no new trailer. Maybe they should just do what Uncharted did and do a fly over of a paper map if this is all they are going to do.

Please 343 just make an awesome game. I might not think Destiny will be good but at least Bungie are actually showing something.

Move along nothing to see here.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tymeservesfate

@PinkieWinkie said:

@tymeservesfate: You are stating a rumor in your OP with no source.

Doesn't matter, thread sucks anyways

thanks for the input.

@ermacness said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Because the "terrible" in your threads take the "terrible" out of the other thread. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... Sorry bro, but you left open a grand opportunity that I just couldn't pass up.

On Topic:

I really hope that both Halos aren't dropping this year. This year have already been killer to my finances, and we're only in the 3rd month out of 12 of them.

LOL

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@Heil68 said:

My guess is they release Halo 2 or 3 Anniversary with Halo 5 beta/demo. That's a winning plan IMHO. All in all I'm sure Halo 5 will not debut this year and I want 343 to have all the time needed to make it epic. Fall 2015 would be 3 years dev time. That game will define the One and it has to be great.

That seems much more plausible since they've done that in the past, well what Bungie did with Crackdown and Halo3.

jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jimmarko21876
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@jimmarko21876 said:

lol, you don't even know the reason why it was initially locked friend. stop talking out of ignorance please lol smh. if you know the actual reason it was locked, why was it? :]

also don't you want to talk about the topic? there's two pieces of news to discuss here for you.

Let's see... was it because all the OP originally was in the other thread was a link only (that's all that was there when I entered) or was it the misleading title of Halo 5 and Halo 2 anniversary releasing in 2014 (which isn't mentioned in the link)? This one was locked due to quick trigger finger from Wade not knowing why Super locked the last one :) As far as the topic, sure let's discuss ALL that news about Xbox releasing 2 Halos (rumored) in the same year. It would be a poor decision to release both so close to each other. However, if they do, it would break the Gears/Forza/Halo cycle which would be nice. It would be Forza/Halo/Halo/Gears, way to switch it up MS :) Lastly, I would like to see 2 different studios making the games. Allowing 343 to focus solely on Halo 5.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

All you do is get shit locked with your constant rambling.

Ontopic, not really interested in 343 or halo, but if they can get some talent to move beyond the trite formula 4 followed good for them I guess.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

*yawn*

Seriously, if you have nothing to add to the thread why even post? You must like wasting your own time. Pathetic.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 misterpmedia

@kuu2 said:

Halo 5 ain't coming this year, bank on it.

Also, tired of hearing about Halo with actually nothing to report or say. No screens, no gameplay, no new trailer. Maybe they should just do what Uncharted did and do a fly over of a paper map if this is all they are going to do.

Please 343 just make an awesome game. I might not think Destiny will be good but at least Bungie are actually showing something.

Move along nothing to see here.

They did one better my lovely Kuu2 they made a lovely CGI video that apparently is totally unrelated to anything they're making lol.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50545 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

I LOl'd, hard.

Anyways, hope it turns out well. From my understanding, Halo community didn't really dig the last Halo. And now they have Destiny to deal with too.

DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

I'll be insanely bummed out if Halo 5 doesn't come out this year. It's the only reason I bought an Xbone and I don't want to have to wait almost 2 more years to play it.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

they have no idea how to make a proper halo game (looking at halo 4 its pretty much obvious) so they need help from others. Cool story bro.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Halo 5 delay confirmed?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

maybe some of the Respawn (makers of titanfall, COD 4) are helping 343 Industries with their gameplay-engine (lol) not sure but it will be great news for Halo series.

Titanfall is currently one of the most addictive online-multiplayer game . IF not the most.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@edwardecl said:

Halo 5 delay confirmed?

late 2015 seems fair i guess.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@edwardecl said:

Halo 5 delay confirmed?

delay box 720.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tymeservesfate

@jimmarko21876 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@jimmarko21876 said:

Let's see... was it because all the OP originally was in the other thread was a link only (that's all that was there when I entered) or was it the misleading title of Halo 5 and Halo 2 anniversary releasing in 2014 (which isn't mentioned in the link)? This one was locked due to quick trigger finger from Wade not knowing why Super locked the last one :) As far as the topic, sure let's discuss ALL that news about Xbox releasing 2 Halos (rumored) in the same year. It would be a poor decision to release both so close to each other. However, if they do, it would break the Gears/Forza/Halo cycle which would be nice. It would be Forza/Halo/Halo/Gears, way to switch it up MS :) Lastly, I would like to see 2 different studios making the games. Allowing 343 to focus solely on Halo 5.

ok, good job -cough-cheated-cough-

what's so bad about the thread? there's a link to an article that is mentioning two pieces of news that are good for some speculation at least. its not like the forum's front page is bursting with new exciting topics anyway. there's topics on there that are 1 or 2 pages long that have been there for a damn week lol. it's pretty dead on here lately. any thread that will generate a little discussion helps imo.

but please, continuing whining and trying to derail please...makes you one of the best posters on here, right? lol

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

All you do is get shit locked with your constant rambling.

Ontopic, not really interested in 343 or halo, but if they can get some talent to move beyond the trite formula 4 followed good for them I guess.

actually, you're wrong. my threads usually make it to 2 to 4 threads. i havent had very many threads locked, at all. other peoples threads though...i have been able to end all discussion in effectively to where they just die. cows are real easy to shut up, and if they don't, threads get locked.

my posts may be long, but they all have a purpose. obviously wouldnt you say.

thanks for getting back on topic.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tymeservesfate

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@edwardecl said:

Halo 5 delay confirmed?

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@edwardecl said:

Halo 5 delay confirmed?

delay box 720.

always wrong until he's right, aye? lol...the meltdowns will be glorious.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Opus_Rea-333

@tymeservesfate said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@edwardecl said:

Halo 5 delay confirmed?

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@edwardecl said:

Halo 5 delay confirmed?

delay box 720.

always wrong until he's right, aye? lol...the meltdowns will be glorious.

Meltdown about what, maybe a huge PS4 drones meltdown but thats about it?

it was my opinion, nothing against MS or Xbox One which will become the best console.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:
@Krelian-co said:

you think i manufactured a fake article O_o? whoa boy....

no, i mean it's bs as in you only post fanboy rumors with no real base or logic as many others have pointed, when there is NEWS you can post it, but you only post rumors that seem to be in some fanboy blog.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Much like every other Microsoft product, perhaps the next Halo will be outsourced to India.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

So they're admitting they suck at the marque franchise they were established to make and now they're looking for other devs to bail them out? Called it.