34,000 pieces of Wii U software were sold in the UK in January (incl. NintyLand)

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Gaf Link

Sorry about the format, cant seem to fix it

[quote=""]Unit market share in January:

Code:

<-------- 2013 ------------->        <-------- 2012 ---------> System     Share (%)   Share (units)            Share (%)   Share (units) Xbox 360     38.4%         810K   (-50K)          30.9%         860K PS3          25.8%         545K   (-28K)          20.6%         573K PC           10.8%         228K   (-84K)          11.2%         312K Wii           8.6%         182K  (-352K)          19.2%         534K NDS           6.6%         139K  (-170K)          11.1%         309K 3DS           5.3%         112K   (-44K)           5.7%         156K PSV           2.2%          46K   (----)          ----%         ---K WiiU 1.6% 34K (----) ----% ---K 
PSP 0.6% 13K (-18K) 1.1% 31K PS2 0.1% 2K (-1K) 0.1% 3K

Even the vita is beating it.

#2 Posted by LustForSoul (5843 posts) -
Yeah, not sure what Nintendo was thinking. Give it time...
#3 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

WiiU needs games desperately

#4 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27384 posts) -
Where are those figures from? I can only assume it doesn't include DD for the PC ...
#5 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -
Nothing a half dozen games with mario in the title can't fix.
#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

Guess it's back to EU's old ways of not being huge Nintendo fans, eh? Even the SNES sold awful over there (or should I say here as I'm in the UK, I just keep forgetting as I'm not born in UK or anywhere in EU :P).

But still, I should give it time and practice what I preach.

#7 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
34,000 copies of no games.
#8 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Worse than the Vita, and the Vita didnt have a retail release in January...

#9 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Where are those figures from? I can only assume it doesn't include DD for the PC ...blue_hazy_basic
No idea, sorry.
#10 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10575 posts) -
now imagine how the other consoles will do. Them being more expensive and what not.
#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
#12 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27384 posts) -
[QUOTE="campzor"] .

HAHAHAHA :lol:
#13 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
now imagine how the other consoles will do. Them being more expensive and what not.ShadowDeathX
Will they have games?
#14 Posted by sts106mat (19013 posts) -
hmm, xbox increased its share over the year, if anything i'd have thought the PS3 would have gained ground on the 360, what with all those barn bursting exclusives it had last year..oh wait. on topic, just wait.
#15 Posted by lamprey263 (23117 posts) -
Even the vita is beating it.campzor
#16 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10575 posts) -

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]now imagine how the other consoles will do. Them being more expensive and what not.SaltyMeatballs
Will they have games?

Gamers: It needs games in order for gamers to get interested.
Game makers: It needs an optimal level of systems sold, in order for game makers to get interested.

So the answer? I don't know?

It does have an advantage that publishers and developers can release the game on PC to subsidze the low console sales (if it is a true next-gen game).

#17 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]now imagine how the other consoles will do. Them being more expensive and what not.ShadowDeathX
Will they have games?

Gamers: It needs games in order for gamers to get interested. Game makers: It needs an optimal level of systems sold, in order for game makers to get interested. So the answer? I don't know?

Exactly. It's more complicated than we think. Gamers need games as much as companies need gamers. It's not all that one-sided.
#18 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11194 posts) -

Iwata is gonna go full rescue mode soon Im sure.

#19 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7342 posts) -

Guess it's back to EU's old ways of not being huge Nintendo fans, eh? Even the SNES sold awful over there (or should I say here as I'm in the UK, I just keep forgetting as I'm not born in UK or anywhere in EU :P).

nintendoboy16

Yup

#20 Posted by Neon_Noir (1503 posts) -
Will be patched.
#21 Posted by SecretPolice (21479 posts) -

.campzor
Holy cow :p is that freakin funny :lol:

OT, it's not over till it's over but it sure ain't lokin good.

#22 Posted by Timstuff (26823 posts) -

Iwata is gonna go full rescue mode soon Im sure.

Shirokishi_
Actually, he's talking about resigning if they miss their projections again.
#23 Posted by mariokart64fan (19377 posts) -

people need to give wiiu time, we gave vita a year and look where its at,, worldwide vita is not doing hot,nintendo knows how to turn things around they did sell more then 360 ps3 at launch world wide, and made more profit off it then wii at launch dispite it selling at a loss,

people don't realise that theres not many first party games out

wiiu has only  a few Exclusives 

1-nintendoland

2 nsmbu

3sing party

4 zombi u

when people buy nintendo systems they do so for its first party games wii is a good example dispite all those third party titles they still only bought for the most part first party titles , and guitar hero ./rockband just dance titles, 

they didnt want call of duty goldeneye etc 

#24 Posted by Fizzman (9869 posts) -

Nintendo consoles are only used to purchase Mario games.    

Should have just made a Gamecube 2 and i would have been happy.  Instaed, we got garage. (Wii/Wii U)

#25 Posted by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -

Not a Ninty-fan, but people are a bit quick to jump on the doomsday-wagon. Wii-U hasn't even started before Ninty start releasing their big franchises. So far it's just in an open beta. When Zelda, Mario etc hits the market the numbers will be different ;)

#26 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

lolWii U :lol:

Going the way of the dreamcast, all signs point to it. Even the GameCube did not fare so bad.

#27 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

lolWii U :lol:

Going the way of the dreamcast, all signs point to it. Even the GameCube did not fare so bad.

DrTrafalgarLaw
No, if it was going "the way of the Dreamcast", Nintendo would be in a lot more financial issues. Something SEGA was in after their actions when the SEGA CD, 32X, Saturn, and Dreamcast released.
#28 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

Not a Ninty-fan, but people are a bit early to jump on the doomsday-wagon. Wii-U hasn't even started before Ninty start releasing their big franchises. So far it's just in an open beta. When Zelda, Mario etc hits the market the numbers will be different ;)

Sushiglutton
How many people are really looking for a machine that does not have the multiplat/3rd party support in this generation? Zelda and Mario are not cutting it anymore. It better get multiplats like GTA5...youknow...blockbuster franchises... Like wtf, Nintendo could have waited and released a bit more powerful console that DID include those 3rd party titles.
#29 Posted by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]

Not a Ninty-fan, but people are a bit early to jump on the doomsday-wagon. Wii-U hasn't even started before Ninty start releasing their big franchises. So far it's just in an open beta. When Zelda, Mario etc hits the market the numbers will be different ;)

DrTrafalgarLaw

How many people are really looking for a machine that does not have the multiplat/3rd party support in this generation? Zelda and Mario are not cutting it anymore. It better get multiplats like GTA5...youknow...blockbuster franchises... Like wtf, Nintendo could have waited and released a bit more powerful console that DID include those 3rd party titles.

What makes you say that? They seem as popular as ever?

#30 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

When the Vita is beating you at anything, you know there's an issue.

#31 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="Sushiglutton"]

Sushiglutton

What is you proof for that?

Still no new Mario announced...they had boatloads of time to develop a SMG3 instead of Rehash Super Mario Bros U. Zelda only had this tech demo, that probably was just a tech demo. After Skyward Sword, the game went so far up its own ass as to either obligatory vertically or horizontally slash enemies and bosses to defeat them. They better have a new direction for Zelda this time around.

They went as far to apoligize for the lack of games. Even the ceo of Nintendo was dumbfounded in that unboxing video with an expression on his face like "the fuk is this plastic abomination? I didnt ask for this..."

#32 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] How many people are really looking for a machine that does not have the multiplat/3rd party support in this generation? Zelda and Mario are not cutting it anymore. It better get multiplats like GTA5...youknow...blockbuster franchises... Like wtf, Nintendo could have waited and released a bit more powerful console that DID include those 3rd party titles.DrTrafalgarLaw

Still no new Mario announced...they had boatloads of time to develop a SMG3 instead of Rehash Super Mario Bros U. Zelda only had this tech demo, that probably was just a tech demo. After Skyward Sword, the game went so far up its own ass as to either obligatory vertically or horizontally slash enemies and bosses to defeat them. They better have a new direction for Zelda this time around.

They went as far to apoligize for the lack of games. Even the ceo of Nintendo was dumbfounded in that unboxing video with an expression on his face like "the fuk is this plastic abomination? I didnt ask for this..."

Which they'll talk about at E3 2013. And why the heck would they develop an SMG3? That part of the Mario series needed to stop at 1 because, while SMG2 was a good game, it felt more like an expansion pack.

#33 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"]

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"] What is you proof for that? nintendoboy16

Which they'll talk about at E3 2013.

And release it in Q2 2014...by that time, everyone is lining up to get the next gen consoles.
#34 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

When the Vita is beating you at anything, you know there's an issue.

DarkLink77

Bingo.

#35 Posted by LadyBlue (3927 posts) -
Smells like death in here. That's what happens when you delay most of your games. They can't afford to let sony/ms get in the competition without building a healthy lead.
#36 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Still no new Mario announced...they had boatloads of time to develop a SMG3 instead of Rehash Super Mario Bros U. Zelda only had this tech demo, that probably was just a tech demo. After Skyward Sword, the game went so far up its own ass as to either obligatory vertically or horizontally slash enemies and bosses to defeat them. They better have a new direction for Zelda this time around.

DrTrafalgarLaw

And release it in Q2 2014...by that time, everyone is lining up to get the next gen consoles.

It'll release this year. There's been a 3D Mario game released within a year of every new Nintendo platform since the N64, and it's been about 3 years since SMG2. Bet on it.
#37 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
It includes pack in numbers? That is awesome, obviously everyone is just hating and doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. WiiU sales slow? Your Mama is slow!
#38 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22420 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sushiglutton"][QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] How many people are really looking for a machine that does not have the multiplat/3rd party support in this generation? Zelda and Mario are not cutting it anymore. It better get multiplats like GTA5...youknow...blockbuster franchises... Like wtf, Nintendo could have waited and released a bit more powerful console that DID include those 3rd party titles.DrTrafalgarLaw

NSMB and the galaxy games are developed by two separate teams :|

#39 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -
[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"] Still no new Mario announced...they had boatloads of time to develop a SMG3 instead of Rehash Super Mario Bros U. Zelda only had this tech demo, that probably was just a tech demo. After Skyward Sword, the game went so far up its own ass as to either obligatory vertically or horizontally slash enemies and bosses to defeat them. They better have a new direction for Zelda this time around.

DrTrafalgarLaw

You never know, Nintendo might announce it's release earlier. If I recall correctly, the year SM 3D Land was shown (which was GDC 2011), it released that same year.
#40 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
Dam. That's awful. Sub vita sales? Yikes.
#41 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
And? That's one month, after Xmas.
#42 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

More 360 domination!

#43 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -
now imagine how the other consoles will do. Them being more expensive and what not.ShadowDeathX
What a silly post. People aren't buying the Wii U because they already own PS3/360 so it doesn't offer them anything besides a gimmicky controller. PS4 and Nextbox will give them a reason to upgrade.
#44 Posted by Novotine (1199 posts) -
Good lord, the Wii U is dead.
#45 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -
Good lord, the Wii U is dead. Novotine
It's been three months and had better sales in North America and Japan. Give... it... time!
#46 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
[QUOTE="Novotine"]Good lord, the Wii U is dead. nintendoboy16
It's been three months and had better sales in North America and Japan. Give... it... time!

Nah. It's more fun this way :D
#47 Posted by L0mak (171 posts) -
[QUOTE="Novotine"]Good lord, the Wii U is dead. nintendoboy16

Pretty sure time is the last thing nintendo has on their side lol.
#48 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

These numbers are terrible:shock:  Not even Zelda can save it now.

Funny-sheep.jpg

#49 Posted by GreekGameManiac (6439 posts) -

Nothing a half dozen games with mario in the title can't fix. MFDOOM1983

#50 Posted by ShadowriverUB (5515 posts) -

nintendoboy16
Wii sections are nearly non existent in stores in Poland, i not sure what is tha fault, or its low sales or local nintendo laziness