2K drops MLB franchise

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

Your only option is the Playstation now, that is if you enjoy baseball.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/option-baseball-games-playstation-4/

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22545 Posts

ZOMG!!! could Ea bring back MVP BASEBALL!!!!??? the best baseball games to date. Pllllease Peter Moore, do something awesome.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

@TheEroica: if it was the best baseball game it wouldn't have been canned

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEroica  Moderator

@BlessedChill: or 2k signed a third party exclusivity deal with MLB blocking the vastly superior MVP. you my friend are bathing in wrong.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

@BlessedChill said:

blame a knee jerk reaction to 2k loosing the NFL rights, they bought the 3rd party MLB rights and it was under agreement that no other 3rd party apart from Sony could release games under MLB licensing.

The license expired, their little plan didnt work out as planned as most people went with the show due to being well....a better game.

One must learn bout all these things and the fallout from the NFL2k5 situation it was a big big blow to the 2k sports at the time but they just seemed to refocus all that energy into making good basketball games.

I personally would like to see the NFL 2k series make a come back, but the NFL and their exclusive style buisness practice whether it be with merchandise,team wear,actual gear used on pitch i highly doubt it unless Take two stump up more cash than EA next time round.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheEroica  Moderator

@razgriz_101 said:

@BlessedChill said:

blame a knee jerk reaction to 2k loosing the NFL rights, they bought the 3rd party MLB rights and it was under agreement that no other 3rd party apart from Sony could release games under MLB licensing.

The license expired, their little plan didnt work out as planned as most people went with the show due to being well....a better game.

One must learn bout all these things and the fallout from the NFL2k5 situation it was a big big blow to the 2k sports at the time but they just seemed to refocus all that energy into making good basketball games.

I personally would like to see the NFL 2k series make a come back, but the NFL and their exclusive style buisness practice whether it be with merchandise,team wear,actual gear used on pitch i highly doubt it unless Take two stump up more cash than EA next time round.

Great Post, I believe the actual agreement on the MLB license is that no third party developer can attain the license, but any first party developer can. Sony of course owning and operating the development of the show, is allowed to do this. Microsoft or nintendo have similar rights to making a baseball game, though they do not exersise them in any meaningful way. I'm not sure about nintendo, but I know Microsoft actually owns the High Heat franchise (last installment was 2003 I believe... Curt Schilling on the cover) Regardless of who owns what, having the MLB license with 2K was a crippling blow to quality baseball games...

The Show, being superior to 2K in every way, yet built upon the quality and ideas in MVP Baseball (EA) was able to easily shine and EA, left with nothing, decided to make a college baseball game on the same fantastic MVP design, though c'mon... aint no one buying a college baseball game.

-----------------------------------------------------

The way I'd love to see it play out... all these licenses can go to hell.... let the best rise to the top and let everyone make a baseball game if they want. Mostly, I just want EA to bring back MVP. Those games had the best mechanics in all facets of the game, the owner mode was fantastic, right down to setting the price for the hot dogs, the hitting and pitching mini games were huge time sinks and EA gave an appropriate nod to those who want to draw out the nuances of the game while maintaining the pace of a video game... ie, a 9 inning game could take under 30 minutes if you just play and skip all the nonsense sim "presentation" crap that the show and 2k constantly try shoving down our throats.... SOrry, but I don't want to watch a guy tighten his batting gloves for 30 seconds before I get to swing.

Lastly, I'd ban mechanics like swing stick, which im pretty sure causes cancer in lab rats.... its a stupid dumbass design that offers less amount of precision to hitting the baseball than games I played on the atari2600.... Let me press a button and aim with my bat. no further design changes needed.