25 minutes of Deep Down gameplay (notbad.jpg)

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p55xaGygCVU#t=1510

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

no thanks already

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

That just screamed free online game to me. The pigmen look great however.

It doesn't help I've seen only one weapon type so far and the same damn dragon fight that they are oh so proud about apparently.

Still looks like it plays way better than Ryse, I just hope they make this into a proper dungeon crawler.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Isn't this just what was shown a while back?

Game looks terrible anyway, combat looks clunky and randomly generated environments from my experience always get either repetitive or the enemy balance is all over the place.

I have no idea why they ruined what could be a decent simple dungeon crawler and added a completely dumb time travelling narrative like AC

Visuals are decent so far but largely inconsistent and lack variety. Will wait to see some more environments first because I doubt it's all dungeons.

Also online only is a no go for me in these types of games

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@seanmcloughlin said:

Game looks terrible anyway, combat looks clunky and randomly generated environments from my experience always get either repetitive or the enemy balance is all over the place.

I have no idea why they ruined what could be a decent simple dungeon crawler and added a completely dumb time travelling narrative like AC

Visuals are decent so far but largely inconsistent and lack variety. Will wait to see some more environments first because I doubt it's all dungeons.

Get used to it, it's going to be used promintently throughout this next gen as an indirect way to combat piracy, even in singleplayer centric titles.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongDeadlift

@seanmcloughlin said:

What I have a harder time understanding, is why Capcom wasted the potential of this game, which could have been an interesting Dark Souls esque game, by making this Free-to-Play Online-Only nonsense.

What a waste of a perfectly good game/IP, at a time where Capcom deperately NEEDS anything they can get. Capcom's stupidity this gen is the reason they only have $150 million dollars left.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReadingRainbow4

@StrongDeadlift said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

What I have a harder time understanding, is why Capcom wasted the potential of this game, which could have been an interesting Dark Souls esque game, by making this Free-to-Play Online-Only nonsense.

What a waste of a perfectly good game/IP, at a time where Capcom deperately NEEDS anything they can get. Capcom's stupidity this gen is the reason they only have $150 million dollars left.

At this point I'd have no problem with Capcom going the Atlus route. I have a feeling monsterhunter will keep their existence solidified alone however.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Get used to it, it's going to be used promintently throughout this next gen as an indirect way to combat piracy, even in singleplayer centric titles.

Yeah I know right? it sucks. Sony kept talking about having a DRM free console and technically I guess they're right and it's worded very well, but it's pointless if all these devs just have online only games anyway. I'm very much an old school gamer in that regard and hate when online interrupts my single player experience, I even hated it in Dark Souls and much preferred solo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@StrongDeadlift said:

Yeah I thought it was gonna be a sort of alternative to the Souls games and, I don't like using this word, a more "casual" version of those games.

But they don't call 'em "Crapcom" for nothing

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ReadingRainbow4

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Yeah I know right? it sucks. Sony kept talking about having a DRM free console and technically I guess they're right and it's worded very well, but it's pointless if all these devs just have online only games anyway. I'm very much an old school gamer in that regard and hate when online interrupts my single player experience, I even hated it in Dark Souls and much preferred solo

In theory it could be used to great effect, imagine MGS5 having massive online battles taking place throughout the singleplayer campaign where multiple online players could be issued sides and objectives all while within the context of the overlapping story.

But I get the feeling it's all just going to come together clumsily as an overabundant form of DRM. There's alot of potential here but if it's squandered on bad Devs then it's pointless.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-59b71619573a1

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

In theory it could be used to great effect, imagine MGS5 having massive online battles taking place throughout the singleplayer campaign where multiple online players could be issued sides and objectives all while within the context of the overlapping story.

But I get the feeling it's all just going to come together clumsily as an overabundant form of DRM. There's alot of potential here but if it's squandered on bad Devs then it's pointless.

I would literally hate if MGS5 had that

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I would literally hate if MGS5 had that

I think it could work if properly executed, but I could imagine the frustration that could arise trying to use stealth. lol.

Maybe they could include them as proxy battles that span the continent seeing how this will be the middle east, It's wartorn and should be portrayed as such. But then again they could just do that with the AI anyway.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

my most honest opinion: it looks like shat.

I hope FromSoftware make a PS4 version of Dark Souls II. I read an interview in which the director said that he's interested in making a next-gen port of the game... I hope it turns out true!

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

more like deep downgrade

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

IF ... IF..... it wasn't free to play.. i would look foward to it.. honestly the game has great potential.. what harms it it's the thought of what do they have up their sleeves if it's free to play ? there's many great games that are free to play only to be ruined by the constant pressure of the game's Cash shop to get anywhere.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16  Edited By jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Crapcom made such a horrible decision making this f2p, it will never be as good as it would have been as a standalone. Only thing I will give it is that it looks nice, this is heading the same direction as Ryse. It's a "looker" but not a "player".

Why do they use the worst damn gamers on the planet? Could they not have people that know what the hell they are doing at least?!

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Probably because Capcom aren't in the best position to take risks on a whole new game. They are hoping microtransactions will help them, but I can't see how if the PS4 install base will be so small when this comes out. The graphics look pretty good though.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

what a f*cking disappointment. You failed me once more Crapcom, FU

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

I really like this game so far. Too bad it's r2p otherwise I might consider buying.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

This vid has upped my intrest in the game again ......... the game looks so so much better when the player knows what to do.

I still can see that the game can have a lot of camera problems if it stayed this way.

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

I think the game looks alright so far. I'll consider it whenever I get a PS4.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Same here... I enjoy SP the most, and I'll always prefer the traditional game model with SP and MP being separated. Don't have a problem with some light on-line integration like a leaderboards system or something similar (Sleeping Dogs), but games where solo experience suffers significantly if you stay offline are a no-go for me.

Call it an outdated viewpoint, or whatever, but I'll always have the most fun with a game on my own. Only rarely do I want to play on-line, and when I do, I look for games where on-line is its own thing, and not an afterthought.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Looks ok, and it's 1080p/60fps, so i would say it's a good achievement for consoles. The gameplay, on the other hand, looks terrible :(

It's free, so i'll try it anyway.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

I like it, when the tornado kills the pig-troll thing that was awsome.

I know this is not a souls game but that is what they are going for I have anticipation for this. Really really don't like the idea that this is on line only...but this may be the first game that forces me to try one of those out.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

The graphics are amazing and looks better than any game on the XBone.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Similar to Ryse: great graphics, shoddy looking gameplay.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By casharmy

And lol at the people saying the game looks terrible,

This is gameplay.

It seems to be a theme with a lot of people here not recognizing when something good, it's not until someone else tells them that they all come to join or cry like with Demon's Souls and TLOU

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28  Edited By II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts

@Tessellation said:

more like deep downgrade

lol that never gets old.....

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By casharmy

@II_Seraphim_II said:

@Tessellation said:

more like deep downgrade

It looks better than any xbox 1 game that's for sure.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts
@casharmy said:

@II_Seraphim_II said:

@Tessellation said:

more like deep downgrade

Looks better than any PC game aswell.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

The Console peasants have been doing crack again...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@casharmy said:

This is gameplay.

It seems to be a theme with a lot of people here not recognizing when something good, it's not until someone else tells them that they all come to join or cry like with Demon's Souls and TLOU

"This is gameplay" and the gif only shows off graphics? Get the fvck outta here.

The actual enemy encounters going through the dungeon are really awkward looking and this one fight doesn't change that when the majority will be spent fighting lesser enemies.

The only thing that looked cool gameplay wise was the slowing down time part

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@casharmy said:

@II_Seraphim_II said:

@Tessellation said:

more like deep downgrade

when f2p titles on ps4 look better than any xbone exclusive you know MS got xboned

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts

Why are you guys hating on it because its F2P? Ive played some great F2P games

IgGy621985

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IgGy621985
Member since 2004 • 5922 Posts

What's with this girly music in the background? It's a game about knights and dragons, and yet because of the music it feels like it's about Barbie World.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 StrongDeadlift

@Capitan_Kid said:

Why are you guys hating on it because its F2P? Ive played some great F2P games

Not just because its F2P. Because its F2P, Online-Only, Randomly generated dungeons, etc......

I like the idea of the game (and hell, I liked the gameplay more than others ITT), but not its current format. I think they wasted this IP by not making it a normal retail title.

redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Good news is I dont have too the only RPGs I have interest in are Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077 they will be DRM free.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

This looks like it could be done on PS3 and looks totally last gen .

Really funny how Cows choose to hype the graphics of this one !

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Peredith: ok whatever

Avatar image for deactivated-63e66f5999640
deactivated-63e66f5999640

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-63e66f5999640
Member since 2005 • 495 Posts

Gameplay looks like shit.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@casharmy said:

This is gameplay.

Ahem....miles away from what was shown at PS4 reveal. But then, that was PC. You couldn't expect much from a machine with a GPU equivalent to that of a 2010's 570.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts

@Caseytappy said:

This looks like it could be done on PS3 and looks totally last gen .

Really funny how Cows choose to hype the graphics of this one !

and every footage and screenshots scream 720p LMAO it looks horrible downgraded,dat deep downgrade.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 casharmy

@seanmcloughlin said:

@casharmy said:

This is gameplay.

"This is gameplay" and the gif only shows off graphics? Get the fvck outta here.

The actual enemy encounters going through the dungeon are really awkward looking and this one fight doesn't change that when the majority will be spent fighting lesser enemies.

1. Why do I have to go anywhere when my opinion of how a game looks was more on point than the bandwaggon hoppers who first bashed Demon's souls but now disbelievers like yourself who criticized even praise it's spin off.

2. The game isn't finished

3. People said the same thing about Demon's souls.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Why in the hell is anyone still hyping this flaming piece of shit. IT IS A F2P ONLINE ONLY CAPCOM GAME!!! A Capcom game that looks incredibly clunky!!

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#46  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Ryse looks more fun than this and thats saying a lot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1

@casharmy said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

1. Why do I have to go anywhere when my opinion of how a game looks was more on point than the bandwaggon hoppers who first bashed Demon's souls but now disbelievers like yourself who criticized even praise it's spin off.

I was referring more to the fact that we were bashing the gameplay saying it looks bad, then you strolled in and said "this is gameplay" and all it showed was some pretty fire effects and nothing about core gameplay mechanics

Ok the game isn't finished, but tell me how many F2P games turned out to be amazing and not bogged down in repittion or micro transactions

Demon's Souls wasn't online only or F2P. Plus just cos they said that about Demon's souls and were wrong doesn't mean they can't say it here and end up being right

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

This site looks and feels like GAF new, GAMEGAF confirmed. also, Deepdown looks like a good game with good graphics, that's always a plus.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By casharmy

@seanmcloughlin said:

@casharmy said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

I was referring more to the fact that we were bashing the gameplay saying it looks bad, then you strolled in and said "this is gameplay" and all it showed was some pretty fire effects and nothing about core gameplay mechanics

Ok the game isn't finished, but tell me how many F2P games turned out to be amazing and not bogged down in repittion or micro transactions

Demon's Souls wasn't online only or F2P. Plus just cos they said that about Demon's souls and were wrong doesn't mean they can't say it here and end up being right

Your point is well taken and I hope you have taken mine as well.