24 hours since launch and....

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

Out of the 22 guys currently online on my friends list (at least half of which were playing COD AW less than 12 hours ago) none and i mean none are currently playing.

Most of them are now on Destiny (and bar one or two people most of the original lot are still online)

I was on the verge of buying this just for Zombies, until i found out i'd have to fork out £90 in total to get this crappy zombies immitation so i wont be purchasing, but it looks like most of those people who's opinion i trust have abandoned it within a day

not looking good right now and i'm very very glad i didn't purchase it.

Are you still playing? what do you think the reason for this pretty epic drop in player count is?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I think this is a damn good COD. The first one I got since Black Ops I. I am really diggin Kevin Spacey so far. He character is cool but with a mysterious side. Played some online and that is what you would expect.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

It sounds like your friends are more interested in multiplayer weird decision to buy CoD just for that. People mostly interested in playing online should be playing games on PC anyway.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@RedentSC said:

Out of the 22 guys currently online on my friends list (at least half of which were playing COD AW less than 12 hours ago) none and i mean none are currently playing.

Most of them are now on Destiny (and bar one or two people most of the original lot are still online)

I was on the verge of buying this just for Zombies, until i found out i'd have to fork out £90 in total to get this crappy zombies immitation so i wont be purchasing, but it looks like most of those people who's opinion i trust have abandoned it within a day

Are you still playing? what do you think the reason for this pretty epic drop in player count is?

Theer were like 10 people playing Advanced Warfare on my list in Monday and the game comes out Tuesday and today there were like over 30 playing the game ( honestly everyone i spoke to seem to say this is a legit CoD game and its unlike CoD Ghosts which was bad btw ).

personally i want the game right now but seeing how CoD always get nice deals during Black Friday i might as well wait till then :(

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 finalstar2007

@RedentSC said:

Remember that its Tuesday so that means complete reset to everything in Destiny which means new rewards in the Raid, new rewards in Nightfall, weekly strikes and daily strikes which is why im guessing everyone have jumped to Destiny.. weekly reset happens every Tuesday.

as someone who plays destiny every single day Tuesdays are very exciting because of this weekly reset for rewards

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

What epic drop of players? Your friends? As much as i dislike CoD, this is hardly a proof of anything.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#8 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

What epic drop of players? Your friends? As much as i dislike CoD, this is hardly a proof of anything.

word. I doubt Advance Warfare will drop like Ghosts did.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

I plan on buying it tonight.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@RedentSC: lol, epic drop in player count? Ur talking about 22 people -_- not to mention that 22 is the only actually number you gave. Ur little survey does little to nothing to demonstrate the big picture of things. Flimsy to say the least..."epic drop" lol smh.

slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

Played the campaign all day yesterday and I have to say it's pretty damn great and Kevin Spacey does an awesome job in this game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I think Activision made a mistake changing the formula. The only friends I have who still play online shooters with any regularity are guys who only play COD and Madden, and they are skipping this version of COD because "if (they) wanted to play space crap with jet packs and stuff they would get Halo." Apparently they want the realism in shooters that COD used to provide but no longer does.

"Friend" is a pretty loose term here.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I'm interested in this call of duty because it is the least realistic of them all with the jet packs and shit. Funny thing is this is the one game that most COD fans seem to hate the most because of that very reason.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I remember back in the day when people disliked games because you could go invisible. We now have that technology. People need to stop crying about jet packs lol.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RedentSC

I agree my little survay doesn't say much.. however these guys are a varied bunch. From die hard souls fans to fifa and cod luddites. I'm just surprised thats all. and as a small sample it works to display the drop.

As for Destiny... yeah teusdays are the most worth while time to play but i can;t be the only one getting bored of it right now

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I think in terms of single player campaign this is by far the best COD.

In terms of multi-player experience.....I fucking hate it. I really think its the worst yet.

Reason 1. The guns are ridiculously unbalanced. Or more accurately they all feel Identical. Its no good having such a varied arsenal of weapons if the guns you choose do not impact either the person wielding them, or the enemy. I recently changed my loadout to dual wield heavy machine guns under the ( I think reasonable) assumption I should chew through any enemies in close range combat despite the fact I can only shoot from the hip. I thought I would be making a fun trade off between being totally useless at long range and cumbersome but also an absolute powerhouse in a close range 1 on 1 battle. Alas this wasnt the case. It seems to make no difference which weapon I pick up, they all dish out the exact same amount of damage. Its fastest finger first, no if, buts or maybe's.

Reason 2. The maps have been created to account for the new vertical emphasis so we can all buzz around on our jetpacks etc etc. However this has led to some of the most unrealistic maps I have ever come across. Rooms with multiple totally needless entrances and exits, and how many buildings in the real world have glass roofs??

Now I totally appreciate the value of artistic license but some of these maps are just beyond stupid. I understand that it would be pointless to include jetpacks if there were no vertical areas to explore but all we have created is a game whereby everybody jumps to the highest point. Team deathmatch may as well be renamed "who can stay on the roof without dying for the longest". I played my first match yesterday afternoon and I just put the controller down after a further 2 hours this afternoon. I dont feel compelled to pick it up and doubt I will again for multiplayer. I know COD has received a fair amount of stick the last few years but in all honesty Im not seeing this as the saving grace many others are. IMHO, in their attempt to mix up the formula they have given me some of the most bland and uninspired FPS matched ever.

COD Advanced Bunnyhop

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I think this COD is pretty good....it's still COD and I prefer Destiny in every way.....but still fun.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#19 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I think Activision made a mistake changing the formula. The only friends I have who still play online shooters with any regularity are guys who only play COD and Madden, and they are skipping this version of COD because "if (they) wanted to play space crap with jet packs and stuff they would get Halo." Apparently they want the realism in shooters that COD used to provide but no longer does.

COD never had much realism after COD 4 though.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#20  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I don't know what keeps bringing people back to Destiny. I'm wondering if it's because console players have never had a game which requires the kind of loot grind that Destiny does. Loot grinding is a trap that has very successfully trapped millions of MMORPG players on the PC.

The Borderlands series never fell for that trap and rather just released more DLC to pad content post launch instead of crappy gameplay design choices.

CoD is definitely slowing down too. Ghosts saw a big drop off of sales and apparently CoD AW's preorders were much lower than the past few CoDs despite looking a hell of a lot better than Ghosts or Black Ops 2 did.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PurpleMan5000

@speedfreak48t5p said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

COD never had much realism after COD 4 though.

I agree, but try telling that to a hardcore COD player.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

@Wasdie: I would think considering how many ppl have played WOW over the years...that there are not as many console gamers left that haven't dipped their toes into that sort of loot grind.

I guess younger kids who haven't played WOW yet...but it's been around for 10 years and was played even by moms.

For me....it's the mechanics and the raid. The raid is complete bliss.....and it's the fact that it's a FPS raid at that. Again....the mechanics and how the FPS mechanics work...it's just flawless.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I don't know what keeps bringing people back to Destiny. I'm wondering if it's because console players have never had a game which requires the kind of loot grind that Destiny does. Loot grinding is a trap that has very successfully trapped millions of MMORPG players on the PC.

The Borderlands series never fell for that trap and rather just released more DLC to pad content post launch instead of crappy gameplay design choices.

CoD is definitely slowing down too. Ghosts saw a big drop off of sales and apparently CoD AW's preorders were much lower than the past few CoDs despite looking a hell of a lot better than Ghosts or Black Ops 2 did.

vault of glass raid and getting to the level cap.

Co op shooters are a new thing for a lot of ppl...certainly to my group of friends. the game is fun up to an extent...depends how high the threshold is for repetitive gameplay....mine is pretty high

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

cod is gaming aids

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25  Edited By parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Not generic enough for the sheep. Needs more generic.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

CODAW's MP offers a long overdue change and I welcome it. The emphasis on movement is fantastic, but it renders several gun classes ineffective. Map size is the game's current constraint - larger maps would drastically improve the competitive nature of the game and persuade players to utilize weapons outside of the AR, Shotgun, and SMG suites.

I'm not sure where I'd rank it yet among the current go-to MP shooters (I'm more particular to BF4 and Halo:MCC will probably wind up a hefty timesink). It's hella fun but still maddeningly frenetic and death has little strategic consequence in objective-based games. But it more fittingly satisfies the experience I was hoping for from Titanfall and is easily one of the top MP experiences the franchise has offered (still not sure I'd give it the nod over BLOPS or CoD4 yet, but it's growing on me quickly).

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

Halo is so much more fun than cod.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@parkurtommo:

@parkurtommo said:

Not generic enough for the sheep. Needs more generic.

funny man.

This is like a poor mans titanfall.... yet again having to copy titanfall and battlefield and doing a worse job of it.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

basing the world community from your friend list is like me saying aids must not exist because i dont know anyone that has it

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By finalstar2007

@Wasdie said:

Speaking for myself the only reason i play this game is because of my friends, we all literally play and been playing the game every single day since it came out is because we all gather together and play none stop of PvP and PvE thats not counting the many times we all been playing the Raid just trying to beat it without using any walkthoughs and just figure everything out ourselfs ( finally beat the raid just few days ago and since you can get the rewards up to 7 times a week its been nothing but raid, raid, raid lately ).

its one of those games that you play for 3 or 4 hours at midnight.

now i do agree that Destiny is probably the most laziest, most repetitive, most boring game created this gen ( lmfao Bungie, maybe they should learn from the CoD creators ) but its easy to forget all that once you got a group of people to have with and just play a 1 or 2 hour long mission like the Raid ( honestly already excited for the next Raid ).

Now Call of Duty is fine, the game will sell millions easily ( it probably already broke 3 million units sold )

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#31 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Lolanecdotalevidence

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

Between CoD and Destiny, I'd say your friends should get better taste in shooters.

And I extend this to all console gamers out there.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mr_Huggles_dog

The friendly AI is complete shit.

Just now....I cleared a whole 2 rooms of enemies.....walked into the second room....my AI friend passed me on my left...looking to the left....and then I got shot from behind...an enemy was crouched in a dark corner EXACTLY where my friendly AI looked.

I was...thanks team!!!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

AW is the first CoD i don't even feel like bashing since CoD2. It doesn't look fugly as they always do (finally upgraded from Quake 3 engine or what?) and the movement speed reminds me of destiny with maxed agility and Blink. I too did notice a lot of ppl on my friend list going back to Destiny but that's because its the reset day

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By finalstar2007

@silversix_ said:

AW is the first CoD i don't even feel like bashing since CoD2. It doesn't look fugly as they always do (finally upgraded from Quake 3 engine or what?) and the movement speed reminds me of destiny with maxed agility and Blink. I too did notice a lot of ppl on my friend list going back to Destiny but that's because its the reset day

I think since millions of people played Destiny switching to Advanced Warfare wont feel too odd to them with the whole high jumping abilities ( at least this is what i been hearing ) playing destiny have helped many get used to the high jumping in advanced warfare pretty quickly.

Whats your PSN ID btw?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@madsnakehhh said:

An epic drop of players on PC. It's peaked at 31,000 concurrent players.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@madsnakehhh said:

same , i dislike cod but many of my friend list are playing it right now. cod is a behemoth that cant be stopped, period.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PurpleMan5000

@mr_huggles_dog said:

The friendly AI is complete shit.

Just now....I cleared a whole 2 rooms of enemies.....walked into the second room....my AI friend passed me on my left...looking to the left....and then I got shot from behind...an enemy was crouched in a dark corner EXACTLY where my friendly AI looked.

I was...thanks team!!!

Sounds like the enemy AI is smart, though. He knew not to shoot your friendly. That would have alerted you to his position.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By finalstar2007

@Krelian-co said:

@madsnakehhh said:

same , i dislike cod but many of my friend list are playing it right now. cod is a behemoth that cant be stopped, period.

They are not only popular but they are REALLY fun.. once you give it a try you'll be addicted and its not just one of them but literally all the CoD games ( except CoD: Ghosts )

imo

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

I've never really liked CoD's multiplayer, but I kinda wanna play the campaign because of Kevin Spacey. Not sure if I should buy this or not...

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Are they still hiding the player numbers on consoles?

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

alll other fps suck

all trying to beat cs:go the best FPS!

all that other is junk for noobs

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@Wasdie: um PVP?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

I watched the gameplay on Conan last night, looks like your run-of-the-mill COD garbage.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the graphics look like sunset overdrive....the last somewhat realistic looking cod was mw2.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#46 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6087 Posts

I liked Call of Duty:AW.Probably the best CoD in quite a long time.Very long time.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

None of my friends on Steam bought AW or are playing AW, because I know they don't like COD games in the first place. Therefore, COD is doomed.

Your group of friends represent nothing meaningful, as your group of friends does not provide a fair representation of the population of all gamers. To be technical, it'd be considered as a sampling error called selection bias.

eNT1TY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 eNT1TY
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

Downloading on STEAM right now, 2 hours to go at 4.0MB/s :( steam is always slow for me on big releases. Any pc players know if mp is strictly matchmaking or do they have server list too?

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@RedentSC:

Sounds like your friends get suckered in by hype. Do they also happen to own a PS4?

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By RedentSC

@funkmaster1233: Yeah these guys are all on PS4

@GhoX: Selection Bias would suggest that I only play with one kind of gamer. I assure you i do not. As previously stated, these guys range from Die hard souls players to FIfa douche bags. From LBP3 parents to Magik geeks. Believe me when i say its a fair (albeit very small) sample