2013s Best Soundtrack

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jg4xchamp (47540 posts) -

Pretty easy SW, what was your favorite videogame soundtrack of 2013.

My personal favorite so far in a year with some quality stuff from the big guys between Zelda-Last of Us-GTA 5-Saints Row 4(BACK ME UP MEMS!!!), was Cloudberry Kingdom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDLm9Wbr5pw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGk1d9dKx7E

Music is way too hype for that game.

Anyway, whats your favorite shit SW?

Preemptive

-No there isn't a poll. Polls are lame.

- For the person that goes "this isn't sw material'. You deserve gonorrhea. True Story.

#2 Posted by Blabadon (26022 posts) -

Hotline Miami's 2013 release is easily top three ever, if not the best.

Wind Waker HD.

The Last of Us.

Link Between World's soundtrack was honestly annoying as fuck. I turned it down the latter half of the game.

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (56260 posts) -

Wind Waker HD.

Does Persona 4 Golden count?

#4 Posted by madsnakehhh (14209 posts) -

Zelda Link Between Worlds and The Last of Us, those soundtracks were amazing.

#5 Posted by jg4xchamp (47540 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Hotline Miami's 2013 release is easily top three ever, if not the best.

Wind Waker HD.

The Last of Us.

Link Between World's soundtrack was honestly annoying as fuck. I turned it down the latter half of the game.

Hotline Miami's soundtrack is fantastic. Just a good chunk of us heard it last year.

#6 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11650 posts) -

The Last of Us

#7 Edited by BPoole96 (22785 posts) -

Saint's Row 4 had Deliver Us by In Flames, so that gets my vote as far as licensed stuff goes. As for original stuff, I'll go with MGR's (at least I think it is original)

#8 Posted by Slashkice (13058 posts) -
#9 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

Fire Emblem Awakening without a doubt. Although Zelda is a close second.

#10 Edited by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -
#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (8001 posts) -

Hotline Miami.

#12 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Champ made a thread??? :O

Anyway best this year for me was probably Brothers A tale of two sons. Such beautiful music.

I also liked Bioshock Infinite's. Not the original score stuff but a few of the songs that were redone to fit that world were amazing. God only knows and Circle be unbroken were amazing. Some of the music while walking through the game were really powerful and it wasn't just filler either, some of the songs actually helped explain some of the story too.

TLOU had some amazing guitar work. As a whole the soundtrack was great but it is all a bit samey and muddles together when you listen to a lot of it.

#13 Edited by mems_1224 (46705 posts) -

I haven't played Link Between Worlds yet but the dark world music is dope

Saints Row 4 had a great soundtrack and some of the best music moments this year. Spoiler

The Last of Us, that song when the credits hit....holy shit

Papers Please! has a great theme song that really gets me in the mood to ruin people's lives

Fire Emblem Awakening had a pretty good soundtrack too

The song when you enter the castle in Rogue Legacy will forever be burned into my brain.

Blood Dragon

Nothing tops Bioshock Infinite this year though. Holy shit, great song after great song after great song

#14 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Papers Please! has a great theme song that really gets me in the mood to ruin people's lives

This too actually. Just the main menu theme is awesome enough haha

#15 Posted by Seabas989 (10136 posts) -

It's b/t SMTIV and FE: Awakening.

I'm playing through TLOU right now and the soundtrack is pretty good too. ALBW is awesome but that's mainly due to ALTTP's soundtrack being awesome.

I still haven't touched No No Kuni but I hear it has a good OST.

#16 Posted by darkspineslayer (19566 posts) -

In a year of fantastic soundtracks, I'll probably have to go with Fire Emblem Awakening. The music ties that all together so well, standouts being Chapter 13 (raining, if you have a bad memory) and the various "Id" tracks, especially "Purpose" (Final chapter)

#18 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

Listening to any bit of Blood Dragon's OST gets me so hyped.

Edit: Mems has a good selection. I forgot about that Rogue Legacy song.

#19 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

This one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWunMFukKJ0

#20 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

That's a tough one. Fire Emblem Awakening's track was godly, literally, refer to "don't speak her name!".

#21 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

This too actually. Just the main menu theme is awesome enough haha

Good pick, mems.

#22 Edited by with_teeth26 (6075 posts) -

Assassins Creed IV has good original music, but the Sea Shanty's are amazing. Some of the best moments in gaming this year for me were just sailing around while my crew sang really appropriate songs.

I also liked Bioshock Infinite's and Guacamelee's music.

#23 Posted by Basinboy (11070 posts) -

Either Blood Dragon or TLOU

#24 Edited by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

The Last of Us had an awesome soundtrack, as Heart of the Swarm, Fire Emblem: Awakening and Assassin's Creed IV.

I have to agree with mems, though. Bioshock Infinite was my personal favorite. The Last of Us is close second.

#25 Edited by getyeryayasout (7218 posts) -

For the 30th consecutive year, Queen's soundtrack to Flash Gordon "Ahaa! He'll save every one of us!"

#26 Posted by sukraj (22308 posts) -

GTA V

Metro Last Light

#27 Edited by benleslie5 (7786 posts) -

I really liked the Ni No Kuni soundtrack

#28 Posted by freedomfreak (39393 posts) -

Remember Me.

#29 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4748 posts) -

Metal Gear Rising hands down

#30 Edited by Some-Mist (5630 posts) -
#31 Edited by TheEroica (13340 posts) -

Zelda ran the train on everyone else in this category... I enjoyed the atmospheric and depressing soundtrack in tlou, radio stations in GtaV and several other games, but as for sheer, stop and take notice soundtracks, A link between world's just bitch slapped the competition.

#32 Posted by stuff238 (617 posts) -

Metal Gear Rising: Revengence. Very memorable. Nice mix of Hard hitting metal with that MGS vibe to it. Great mix of songs. It suited the game really well.

The Last of Us. Nuff said.

Gran Turismo 6. GT always has awesome soundtracks from opera, jazz, electronica and rock etc.

#34 Edited by TheEroica (13340 posts) -

@Jag85: Dat moon theme... ;)

#35 Posted by jg4xchamp (47540 posts) -

Anyway best this year for me was probably Brothers A tale of two sons. Such beautiful music.

I also liked Bioshock Infinite's. Not the original score stuff but a few of the songs that were redone to fit that world were amazing. God only knows and Circle be unbroken were amazing. Some of the music while walking through the game were really powerful and it wasn't just filler either, some of the songs actually helped explain some of the story too.

TLOU had some amazing guitar work. As a whole the soundtrack was great but it is all a bit samey and muddles together when you listen to a lot of it.

And it wasn't a condescending troll thread. Who knew?

#36 Posted by PAL360 (26751 posts) -

Loved Bioshock Infinite's OST.

#37 Posted by Animal-Mother (26581 posts) -

Hotline Miami

#38 Posted by Jag85 (4402 posts) -

@Jag85: Dat moon theme... ;)

Indeed. A very well done cover version of an all-time classic.

#39 Edited by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

The Last of Us

Tearaway

and Beyond Two Souls had great soundtracks.

#40 Posted by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -
#41 Edited by Heil68 (43594 posts) -

TLOU OST is stunning.

#42 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

And it wasn't a condescending troll thread. Who knew?

That Christmas cheer is flowing through you, you big ole softie you

#43 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite had a great use of arrangements of existing music - notably "Will The Circle Be Unbroken" and the barbershop quartet version of "God Only Knows."

#44 Edited by madsnakehhh (14209 posts) -
#45 Edited by texasgoldrush (9150 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite's OST is this years best, too bad the game itself is grossly overrated.

#46 Posted by Pffrbt (6542 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

TLOU OST is stunning.

So stunning that I don't remember any of it or felt any desire to look any of it up after playing it.

#47 Edited by VintAge68 (408 posts) -

There were quite some great game soundtracks in 2013: Crysis 3, Guacamelee, Puppeteer, Path of Exile, but Remember Me (Olivier Derivière) I found most outstanding in that matter.

#48 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Zelda ALBW is pretty ace. Love some of the remasters in that one.

The Bravely Default soundtrack is all kinds of awesome as well.

#49 Edited by Vatusus (4499 posts) -

BioShock Infinite (Elizabeth theme)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwDzbZcUTok

DmC (Throat full of Glass)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAmQxtnaZaY

#50 Posted by lostrib (35018 posts) -

TLOU had a really good soundtrack, fit the game rather well. it caught me off guard at first.

Saints Row IV had great use of licensed music