2 Minecraft HoloLens in the works.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

Mojang: There Are 2 Minecraft HoloLens Titles, One ‘a toy’ One ‘close to the game’

Microsoft wasn’t afraid to talk about potential videogame applications for its Windows Holographic technology and the HoloLens head-mounted display (HMD) at a reveal event earlier today. In fact the company even teased a new version of the ever-popular Minecraft series, which it acquired for $2.5 billion USD back in 2014, would be coming to the platform. Surprisingly, it appears that there isn’t just one Minecraft HoloLens project in development however; there are in fact two that are apparently very different.

That is according to developer Mojang’s Jens Bergensten, who revealed as much following the reveal event. “I’ve tried 2 Minecraft projects on #HoloLens,” Bergensten wrote on Twitter. “One is a toy, one is closer to the game, both are awesome! Very much wip [work in progress], but definitely real.” His comments seem to suggest that Mojan itself might be developing these project.

It could be that both of these versions were on display in the reveal trailer for HoloLens. Minecraft was shown in two instances. One saw a player bring the series’ iconic blocky landscape into the middle of a living room while the other had a player tap some explosives appearing on a wall, creating a crack through which the world of Minecraft could be seen. It’s more than possible that this was an early glimpse at two different Minecraft experiences.

i guess the reveal trailer wasn't just smoke and mirrors. they are going to actually use the device for games as well. two Minecraft games sound great already. but if HoloLens is implemented correctly there can be a ton of amazing game experiences put forth through it.

i'm thinking of maybe a card game where the figures actually appear in the room you're in to battle. a lot of people are into those card battling games...if HoloLens puts something like that out...what do the kids say today uh, "BOOM" ;)

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

This was revealed the same day as the announcement. No new info here.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tymeservesfate

@wolverine4262 said:

duh...i mentioned the reveal trailer in the OP. this is confirmation that it wasn't just some made up concept that was thrown in the trailer...that the games are actually in the works and gaming in is also planned for the device.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@tymeservesfate: Yes, and that confirmation was made the exact same day as the announcement, so nothing new here.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@wolverine4262 said:

duh...i mentioned the reveal trailer in the OP. this is confirmation that it wasn't just some made up concept that was thrown in the trailer...that the games are actually in the works and gaming in is also planned for the device.

Son the reveal trailer was in the original thread.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@wolverine4262 said:

to be fair tyme, Wolverine is correct. There's a decent wired article that came with the announcement. everything in the trailer is REAL. all confirmed. the data was taken from the device, its not a concept video

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tymeservesfate

@wolverine4262:

@TigerSuperman: there's the video...does that look like an actual gameplay demonstration of the game, or a conceptional reveal trailer? stop getting dumber.

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@wolverine4262 said:

to be fair tyme, Wolverine is correct. There's a decent wired article that came with the announcement. everything in the trailer is REAL. all confirmed. the data was taken from the device, its not a concept video

i didn't see any articles of Mojang verifying that they had two games in works. i just saw the trailer that was obviously a PR conceptional video. do you have any links of Mojang speaking on any of this besides the one i posted. i'd appreciate it, thanks.

Loading Video...

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Holy crap this should be huge if done right

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@wolverine4262:

@TigerSuperman: there's the video...does that look like an actual gameplay demonstration of the game, or a conceptional reveal trailer? stop getting dumber.

@RedentSC said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@wolverine4262 said:

i didn't see any articles of Mojang verifying that they had two games in works. i just saw the trailer that was obviously a PR conceptional video. do you have any links of Mojang speaking on any of this besides the one i posted. i'd appreciate it, thanks.

Loading Video...

Sure bud, its not from Mojang but it is mentioned that Minecraft is in the works. The article is an interview between Wired and the Hololens creator. an exclusive hands on. I assure you its not a concept video. I'm a massive cow and even i can't deny this.

http://www.wired.com/2015/01/microsoft-hands-on/

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Starting to make some sense now... 2.5 billion worth of pure awesomness on the way. :P

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tymeservesfate

@RedentSC: thanks fam, bookmarked. i appreciate it. all in all it gives gamers something to look forward to in the future when it comes to the device.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58902 Posts

More interested in what Valve is doing.