2/3 Full-time staff let go at GameTrailers

• 72 results
#1 Edited by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

Just a day after E3, it seems like Gametrailers had a huge blood-letting. Strange times!

Link-a-dink

#2 Posted by Gue1 (9440 posts) -

what's gonna happen with final bosman? I liked him, he was a true cow.

#3 Posted by B4X (3406 posts) -

I blame Sony Fanboys!!!

/truthfacts

#4 Posted by clyde46 (44103 posts) -

Not enough biased reviews.

#5 Posted by sailor232 (4356 posts) -

@b4x said:

I blame Sony Fanboys!!!

/truthfacts

Who doesnt.

#6 Posted by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

I hope they don't get rid of Bosman, his show was great!

#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -

Nothing of value lost.

Hopefully they get a job in blockbuster.

#8 Posted by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -

Actually, they are gone as well.

Mcdonalds?

#9 Posted by topgunmv (10146 posts) -

That's pretty shitty.

#10 Posted by stereointegrity (10699 posts) -

@b4x said:

I blame Sony Fanboys!!!

/truthfacts

Of course a lem like urself would

#11 Posted by mems_1224 (46262 posts) -

Sucks to be them but I can't remember the last time I even went to gametrailers.com

#12 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6643 posts) -

I blame lemmings.

#13 Posted by PsychoLemons (1987 posts) -

I'm going to miss Pop Fiction then...

#14 Posted by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -

What does this has to do with System Wars?

#15 Posted by Vaasman (11192 posts) -

I guess the Doritos and Mountain Dew sponsorship had to end some time.

#16 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4536 posts) -

Well that sucks for them.

It seems that IGN is the site that really needs to clean house though. Up until E3 I hadn't watched/read any of their shit in years. I was a bit shocked to see how little their staff seems to know about gaming in general. Gave me a new found respect for these guys at GS, something I never thought possible.

#17 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2277 posts) -

Lol , they expected to have audience while keeping jokers like Pachter and Sony fanboys around .?

#18 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (104 posts) -

I've thought about getting out of the Army and applying for a position involved in video games. I'm almost done with my Bachelors in Political Science too. Every few months we get this info of X studio or X site let all these employees go. Makes me wants to stay in the Army.

#19 Posted by lostrib (33437 posts) -

okay

#20 Posted by silversix_ (13919 posts) -

Since Shane quit the only show (IW) i ever cared on the site died and i forgot GT even existed.

#21 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

That does seem odd, but now that I'm thinking of it I never visit their site.

#22 Posted by navyguy21 (12727 posts) -

This is most likely the death of Gametrailers as we know it.

The forums are already dead, have been for a couple years now.

Now all the creative content like The Final Bossman are sure to be next.

Hope Kyle goes to Rev3 or something that could use his talents.

#23 Posted by Blabadon (25689 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: Right? RIGHT?

IGN knows so few facts about certain facets of gaming it's ridiculous.

#24 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1922 posts) -

Since they change site few year back it destroy traffic. Forum are dead like gamespot.

#25 Posted by Daious (1059 posts) -

This is horrible news. A lot of people lost their jobs. I wonder if they knew ahead of time.

#26 Posted by Blabadon (25689 posts) -

On GT, I'll miss their content. Granted, I skip a lot of it, but they actively try to make their reviews better and all. They're diverse, decently knowledgeable, and aren't too hit or miss. I'm gonna miss this.

#27 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5141 posts) -

This is most likely the death of Gametrailers as we know it.

The forums are already dead, have been for a couple years now.

Now all the creative content like The Final Bossman are sure to be next.

Hope Kyle goes to Rev3 or something that could use his talents.

Rev 3 fell off for me after Adam Sessler left.

#28 Posted by Blabadon (25689 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift: And Max Scoville and Anthony Carboni. Those three leaving left a pretty uneducated feeling group at Rev3.

#29 Posted by navyguy21 (12727 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@StrongDeadlift: And Max Scoville and Anthony Carboni. Those three leaving left a pretty uneducated feeling group at Rev3.

Now that you mention it.....what the hell is going on with game journalism?

Those guys should go to Giantbomb then.

Slowly its becoming the go-to place for objective and unbiased interviews, reviews, and previews.

#30 Edited by trugs26 (5233 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

what's gonna happen with final bosman? I liked him, he was a true cow.

He was more of a Sheep than anything. I also enjoy that show.

As far as I know, that show is still going ahead.

#31 Posted by Basinboy (10992 posts) -

Videogames: a volatile industry in which to work.

Best of luck to those affected, hopefully they all find a place to land.

#32 Posted by Telekill (4340 posts) -

They get the same sympathy that anyone that lost their jobs get from me.

That said, I couldn't tell what the hell the GT staff did because that site went from awesome to crap in a couple short years.

#33 Posted by santoron (7647 posts) -

Sucks to be them but I can't remember the last time I even went to gametrailers.com

Same here.

#34 Posted by cfisher2833 (1550 posts) -

@santoron said:

@mems_1224 said:

Same here.

I can't remember a time where I EVER went to gametrailers. Hopefully this means we won't have to hear from Pachter anymore.

#35 Edited by mems_1224 (46262 posts) -

@santoron said:

@mems_1224 said:

Same here.

I can't remember a time where I EVER went to gametrailers. Hopefully this means we won't have to hear from Pachter anymore.

Well, I used to go there before youtube when they were the only place actually showing game trailers. lol

#36 Posted by santoron (7647 posts) -

@cfisher2833 said:

@santoron said:

@mems_1224 said:

Same here.

Well, I used to go there before youtube when they were the only place actually showing game trailers. lol

Yeah, the place actually had a purpose back in the day. The internet just outgrew it.

#37 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3679 posts) -

Sad that they lost jobs but honestly Gametrailers and IGN are no sites I visit at all... I used to visit GT so I can watch invisible walls but that's been gone for a while now.

With the way review content has changed thanks to youtube... The characters are more important than the content, its why Giantbomb was a success from the get go.

Its why when Adam Kessler left Revgames their youtube views dropped.

#38 Edited by lamprey263 (22834 posts) -

Don't remember when I stopped watching GameTrailers, which I went to for the GameTrailers... there was a time I was frustrated that they took a great deal of time to get reviews up, not sure if that was what did it, maybe it was back when I got hooked on X-Play.

#39 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (689 posts) -

I know of a site that could use a similar cleaning...

this one.

#40 Posted by lonewolf604 (8517 posts) -

Looks like the staff will be.......trailing games.

#41 Posted by vickissv2 (1743 posts) -

I know of a site that could use a similar cleaning...

this one.

Oh , i was thinking cinemablend , kotaku, or ign before this one.

#42 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5141 posts) -

@santoron said:

@mems_1224 said:

@cfisher2833 said:

@santoron said:

@mems_1224 said:

Same here.

Yeah, the place actually had a purpose back in the day. The internet just outgrew it.

I remember back when the only way to watch trailers for videogames was Cinematech on G4. Until G4 went potato and started trying to be SpikeTV jr.

#43 Posted by Wild_man_22 (574 posts) -

Sucks to see people lose their job. I only ever visited the site for final bosman.

#44 Posted by inb4uall (5284 posts) -

Gamespot is gonna be next if they don't fix their site.

#45 Posted by Seabas989 (10042 posts) -

GT certainly has declined the last couple years but I am gonna miss Pop Fiction.

#46 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5141 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

This. This site is such a barren wasteland after the site change. I remember even the PS4/XB1 reveal threads didnt have that many pages. Back in the day, threads like that would easily get 10,000+ posts.

#47 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16254 posts) -

GT certainly has declined the last couple years but I am gonna miss Pop Fiction.

Yeah, I didn't visit GT as much as I used to, but they still had nice shows that I watched. Mainly on youtube lately because their site used to be way better.

#48 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13132 posts) -

It's pretty sad, I really liked GT and i'm sure this won't be a change for the better.

Honestly expecting them to go the way of G4.

The same thing happened when Rev3 lost Sessler.

Giant Bomb is really the only gaming site I can stand but honestly it's not because their exclusive content is greater than anywhere else, it isn't. It's the personalities there, Jeff, Vinny and Brad can be hilarious, maybe they can fit a spot in for bosman, easily my favorite GT'er.

#49 Edited by uninspiredcup (7667 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

I don't think so, it's probably the most major gaming website on the internet. However, the quality of content has dipped. Essentially, rather than being sources for "news", to compete with new media (i.e. youtube) they are trying to turn the website into "entertainment" with frivolous shows and personalities. Most major gaming websites seem to do this now.

Eurogamers still great though. God bless Eurogamer.

#50 Posted by SamiRDuran (2670 posts) -

gametrailers is console oriented and consoles are dying pc gaming dominates all online coverage