15% (or more) off consoles, Target 7/13 & 14 "Credit Gaf"

#1 Posted by B4X (4417 posts) -

Didn't see a thread so I figured I would post this here.

Target has a coupon app called Cartwheel. Today and tomorrow they are offering 15% off of electronics, including consoles.

The best part? It stacks with other coupons! For example, one could fill out a change of address form online for an additional 10% coupon, and use the Red Card for another 5%.

I just bought a 3DS XL for $130. Xbox One and PS4 would be a little under $300 a piece.

Sitting on the fence? Get off.

#2 Posted by lostrib (36252 posts) -

Perhaps if the X1 and PS4 had enough worthwhile games out

I'll just stick with my PS3 for now

#3 Posted by farrell2k (5867 posts) -

Eh, still too much for consoles with no games. Great for the 3ds and WiiU though!

#5 Posted by Alcapello (922 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I doub you would be able to find a PS4 at this rate, he only trying to clear the shelf.

#6 Posted by B4X (4417 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I doub you would be able to find a PS4 at this rate, he only trying to clear the shelf.

lol

#7 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6903 posts) -

Getting a Wii. Not a Wii U but just a Wii.

#8 Posted by lostrib (36252 posts) -

@lostrib said:

There are a fair number available at the Target's in my surrounding area. Finding a PS4 is really not that big an issue in the US

#9 Edited by Heil68 (44128 posts) -

Couldn't fathom waiting to buy a PS4 after day 1.

#10 Posted by Chutebox (37067 posts) -

Is this online, in store, or both?

#11 Posted by Blabadon (26167 posts) -
#12 Posted by foxhound_fox (88111 posts) -

That would be a great way to get a Wii U.

Neither the Xbone or PS4 are worth any money yet.

#13 Posted by B4X (4417 posts) -
#14 Edited by Daious (1263 posts) -

This is only in store. You can actually just go to your post office and just ask for movers coupon. If not, fill out a change of address form online to a zip code that has a target and then just cancel it.

25% percent off an xboxone or ps4 or heck buy them both for 300 a pop is a sweet deal. Two consoles in their launch year together for 600 dollars? No brainer for console gamers. If you have target's debit card service it knocks out an additional 20 dollars I believe. And get your xboxone/ps4 for 380 dollars.

I felt too guilty but if you feel like exploiting the system, but you can also get steam cards for 25% off even though the offer is suppose to exclude gift cards.

#15 Edited by Daious (1263 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

That would be a great way to get a Wii U.

Neither the Xbone or PS4 are worth any money yet.

I didn't see any good Wii U Bundles at the target I went to but there is supposedly a bundle with mario kart 8 and another game that you can get to 200 dollars.

PS4 and apple products were annihilated by this deal. Nothing was there at my target. Only Xboxone and standalone Wii U. I was really hoping for a solid wii u bundle :(.

#16 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7349 posts) -

I have no reason to get either the PS4 or X1. I don't care how cheap they are. If they don't have games that interest me, they're not worth my money. Until they have something I want, I'll stick with my Wii U and PC.

#17 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I am not buying a next gen console until I buy a new TV and I have a nice list of things to buy before the TV.

#18 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1580 posts) -

I am not buying a next gen console until I buy a new TV and I have a nice list of things to buy before the TV.

thanks for sharing that incredibly important piece of information.

#19 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

thanks for sharing that incredibly important piece of information.

Anytime kid.

#20 Edited by Speak_Low (1038 posts) -

It doesn't matter if "nothing interests you now" on the PS4 because you can't even buy it even if you wanted to at Target.

It's all sold out, and it went fast.

You can, however, get a Wii U. Nobody is touching that right now.

#21 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9679 posts) -

im in the same boat as you

#22 Edited by inb4uall (5506 posts) -

It doesn't matter if "nothing interests you now" on the PS4 because you can't even buy it even if you wanted to at Target.

Source?

#23 Posted by Speak_Low (1038 posts) -

@inb4uall said:
@speak_low said:

Source?

GAF thread, Slickdeals, CheapAssGamer (real website)

There's some who could find PS4s on the 14th, but they were rare finds. I doubt the already cheaper Wii U was sold out or went as quickly as the PS4. I didn't mean to make this a "sales war" in a rather neutral Target deals thread, but I see some posters (Wii U salesmen?) mocking the PS4 for having no games, as if the poor console is just sitting there ignored on Target shelves, begging for attention. Demand is record-high and we know why, and not much so for another console, and we know why...

(It's one thing to say nothing interests you now - fair enough - but another thing to go on about the console having no games, as if Sony has some third-party support and drought problem, like some other company I know...)

#24 Posted by inb4uall (5506 posts) -

@inb4uall said:
@speak_low said:

Source?

There's some who could find PS4s on the 14th, but they were rare finds. I doubt the already cheaper Wii U was sold out or went as quickly as the PS4. I didn't mean to make this a "sales war" in a rather neutral Target deals thread, but I see some posters (Wii U salesmen?) mocking the PS4 for having no games, as if the poor console is just sitting there ignored on Target shelves, begging for attention. Demand is record-high and we know why, and not much so for another console, and we know why...

(It's one thing to say nothing interests you now - fair enough - but another thing to go on about the console having no games, as if Sony has some third-party support and drought problem, like some other company I know...)

Ahh so you don't have any concrete proof. Gotcha.

#25 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Target is calling you a liar.

#26 Posted by Daious (1263 posts) -

@inb4uall said:
@speak_low said:

Source?

Wii u bundles were already cleared out at my target before I got there.