12 Xbox Original TV shows unveiled, including a Halo film

• 182 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@blackace: You are delusional if you think shows produced by Microsoft will be on par with House Of Cards, Orange Is The New Black or Hemlock Grove. Prepare to be disappointed if you expect that level of programming.

Lol, why?

Do you know who MS has in charge of their programming? Do you have a list of writers, directors, and actors? That is such a ridiculous thing to say when you have no clue who is doing what. MS certainly has the money to hire the best, most talented people. Having Steven Speilberg on Halo TV show and Ridely Scott on the movie is a damn fine start.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@StrongBlackVine said:

@blackace: You are delusional if you think shows produced by Microsoft will be on par with House Of Cards, Orange Is The New Black or Hemlock Grove. Prepare to be disappointed if you expect that level of programming.

why would you think that?

haven't they recruited speilberg, and ridley scott?

would those individuals even work on a project if it didn't have a budget to properly realise the creative vision?

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#153 Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

The shows will be free, right?

I'll watch 'em.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178793 Posts

@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

@FastRobby: Sony already makes Hollywood movies and TV that people actually want to watch. Amazing Spider-Man 2 this weekend. A better venture than all this trash media Microsoft is mAking.

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. Amazon, Hulu, HBO, etc.. all have original shows that have been big hits. This content just improves the XB1 value. Sony will be getting the same kind of content as well. You fools are grasping at straws.

Haha....keep drinking the Kool Aid.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 shawn30

@StrongBlackVine said:

Lol, why?

Do you know who MS has in charge of their programming? Do you have a list of writers, directors, and actors? That is such a ridiculous thing to say when you have no clue who is doing what. MS certainly has the money to hire the best, most talented people. Having Steven Speilberg on Halo TV show and Ridely Scott on the movie is a damn fine start.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#156  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Wow! All these games to blow up E3 with megatons and now this! Microsoft is really delivering in the value dept. and it's only going to get better from here on out.

I am happy to be a gamer and owner of the Microsoft Xbox One. The place to be for the future.

#XB1RULZ

I would just like to know I have come to honestly appreciate your posting style. :)

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

@Dire_Weasel: he's a funny comedian :D

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#158  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

The Sony fans saying this strategy is an abomination didn't seem to mind "The Tester," the PSN reality show where people competed for the grand prize of earning $10 an hour job in Sony' QA department.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Lol, why?

So now Xbox entertainment Divison is ready to try to compete with established media giants? Sounds like a guaranteed fail. Good thing for Microsoft they can afford to asborb all these failures(Zune, Surface, Windows Phone, Xbox TV) so trying risky stuff doesn't hurt the company overall.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@CrownKingArthur said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

why would you think that?

haven't they recruited speilberg, and ridley scott?

would those individuals even work on a project if it didn't have a budget to properly realise the creative vision?

We'll see. They have never done anything like this before so I don't have high expectations. If it turns out great that would be good for Live subscribers as it would finally give the service some value.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@Dire_Weasel said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Wow! All these games to blow up E3 with megatons and now this! Microsoft is really delivering in the value dept. and it's only going to get better from here on out.

I am happy to be a gamer and owner of the Microsoft Xbox One. The place to be for the future.

#XB1RULZ

I would just like to know I have come to honestly appreciate your posting style. :)

+1 Thanks! :)

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@donalbane said:

The Sony fans saying this strategy is an abomination didn't seem to mind "The Tester," the PSN reality show where people competed for the grand prize of earning $10 an hour job in Sony' QA department.

At least it was about gaming.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

@delta3074:

I wanted of be Avon as a kid.... in fact I think I still do

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#164 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

This is actually insanely good news.

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#165 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

So, you are literally judging a book by its cover. Or, in this case, judging a quality of a show by its publisher. Nice.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Justin's meltdowns today have been wonderful to behold.

You'd better be watching these TV shows, lems, you already paid for them with your Gold account.

all you every do is meltdown on here Launcher...you're definitely the most unstable/angry user on these boards lol. its funny seeing how out of touch with reality you actually are.

@misterpmedia said:

@locopatho said:

I was gonna mock this but I actually would like to watch roughly half those :/

Maybe I'll buy an XONE as a TV Box alone? :P

lol or don't spend a penny and watch them else where, if you're that interested ;P

"did i...did i, talk him out of it...?"

lmao...i really didnt expect this thread to cause so much DC and butthurt from cows. i should have though...cows only seem too feel comfortable unless they're feeling insecure about, everything lol smh.

I'm pretty sure Gamespot nuked several of my posts some how so I did reply to this and it was awesome. Can't be a'd to retype it out though.

In short: saying damage control doesn't work the way you're trying to use it, also ironic because you're the one damage controlling here lol. I'll repeat though: You'll be able to watch these shows without having an Xbone and it was friendly advise for someone who doesn't seem that interested in the hardware anyway ;).

i'm damage controlling?? how, by laughing at ur damage controlling LOL? the Xbox Original episodes arent even released yet for me to have to DC anything. you cows with ur warped minds man, i tells yah.

now we have a bushel of cows in here promoting pirating after i read thread after thread of cows mocking hermits about how their platform is ruining the industries because of pirating. i guess cows ethics and morals fly out the window when they're feeling butthurt and have to DC smh lol. not to mention its funny how you guys are trying to shoot down people saying how getting the episodes legitimately are fools but then try to promote pirating. ur the bottom of the barrel pal XD...

like i said, i really didnt expect this little bit of news to get so far under cows skin.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 StrongBlackVine

@hoyalawya said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

So, you are literally judging a book by its cover. Or, in this case, judging a quality of a show by its publisher. Nice.

Microsoft barely has any game studios worth damn so why would I expect their new TV division to be good?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

You'd better be watching these TV shows, lems, you already paid for them with your Gold account.

all you every do is meltdown on here Launcher...you're definitely the most unstable/angry user on these boards lol. its funny seeing how out of touch with reality you actually are.

@misterpmedia said:

@locopatho said:

lol or don't spend a penny and watch them else where, if you're that interested ;P

lmao...i really didnt expect this thread to cause so much DC and butthurt from cows. i should have though...cows only seem too feel comfortable unless they're feeling insecure about, everything lol smh.

I'm pretty sure Gamespot nuked several of my posts some how so I did reply to this and it was awesome. Can't be a'd to retype it out though.

In short: saying damage control doesn't work the way you're trying to use it, also ironic because you're the one damage controlling here lol. I'll repeat though: You'll be able to watch these shows without having an Xbone and it was friendly advise for someone who doesn't seem that interested in the hardware anyway ;).

i'm damage controlling?? how, by laughing at ur damage controlling LOL? the Xbox Original episodes arent even released yet for me to have to DC anything. you cows with ur warped minds man, i tells yah.

now we have a bushel of cows in here promoting pirating after i read thread after thread of cows mocking hermits about how their platform is ruining the industries because of pirating. i guess cows ethics and morals fly out the window when they're feeling butthurt and have to DC smh lol. not to mention its funny how you guys are trying to shoot down people saying how getting the episodes legitimately are fools but then try to promote pirating. ur the bottom of the barrel pal XD...

like i said, i really didnt expect this little bit of news to get so far under cows skin.

You're the one damage controlling by replying to people who are just giving people an option to watch these shows where originally you'd have to drop a lot of money on hardware. I don't see how what I typed out to that other user was damage control. If I was going to damage control I'd be saying something like "Urgh no lemmy lems, the TV on PS4 will be extremely more epicer than this garbage, PS4 will have the best original TV content, this Xbox stuff iss a massive fad", typed out in authentic style to mirror rocky_denance, shitbat the narclem, and quite possibly yourself.

Typing out that you can see damage control in a thread where there is none doesn't magically spawn it, and in turn gives off the Streisand effect and highlights your own damage control.You only have yourself to blame. lol Lems these days, this gen has made you guys so damn sensitive like an ingrowing toenail. I love it haha. It's a good job I've never once been bothered about hermits 'pirating', so that's a wash over me, sorry lil buddy, m'fraid all your queries don't automatically apply to every person ;). Also I torrent most of my TV because it's usually shows in the 'States that won't be aired here for another year or so. Lol you can type out 'DC' and 'smh' as much as you want, is that for emphasis or something? I'll expect half of your next reply to be filled with similar abbrevs. Personal insults & morals don't work on internet forums, another stab in the dark by yourself. I wonder what you'll use in your next comment to seem tough and sanctimonious, ;).

It's got under your skin far more that people who won't even have to own an Xbone can watch these shows if they so wish. Hook, line and sinker. Cry moar.

EPICCOMMANDER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By EPICCOMMANDER
Member since 2013 • 1110 Posts

I heard of Spielberg saying he was interested in Halo a while ago, glad to see it's finally happening.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By tymeservesfate

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@misterpmedia said:

@locopatho said:

You're the one damage controlling by replying to people who are just giving people an option to watch these shows where originally you'd have to drop a lot of money on hardware. I don't see how what I typed out to that other user was damage control. If I was going to damage control I'd be saying something like "Urgh no lemmy lems, the TV on PS4 will be extremely more epicer than this garbage, PS4 will have the best original TV content, this Xbox stuff iss a massive fad", typed out in authentic style to mirror rocky_denance, shitbat the narclem, and quite possibly yourself.

Typing out that you can see damage control in a thread where there is none doesn't magically spawn it, and in turn gives off the Streisand effect and highlights your own damage control.You only have yourself to blame. lol Lems these days, this gen has made you guys so damn sensitive like an ingrowing toenail. I love it haha. It's a good job I've never once been bothered about hermits 'pirating', so that's a wash over me, sorry lil buddy, m'fraid all your queries don't automatically apply to every person ;). Also I torrent most of my TV because it's usually shows in the 'States that won't be aired here for another year or so. Lol you can type out 'DC' and 'smh' as much as you want, is that for emphasis or something? I'll expect half of your next reply to be filled with similar abbrevs. Personal insults & morals don't work on internet forums, another stab in the dark by yourself. I wonder what you'll use in your next comment to seem tough and sanctimonious, ;).

It's got under your skin far more that people who won't even have to own an Xbone can watch these shows if they so wish. Hook, line and sinker. Cry moar.

you're full of it....bottom of the barrel.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By misterpmedia

@tymeservesfate oh no, my e-feels :(. Cry moar, tough guy, heh. (also, one line reply? Boring)

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

I'll take those shows. Especailly since I'll be cutting my comcast service. I guess MS is trying to be the all in one media hub it intended. Im just pleased that it can at least play CDs.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By shawn30

@draign said:

I'll take those shows. Especailly since I'll be cutting my comcast service. I guess MS is trying to be the all in one media hub it intended. Im just pleased that it can at least play CDs.

I need to cut my Comcast service to as its a pure ripoff. Im getting closer and closer to cutting the cord. Netflix and Hulu are nearly enough to get me there and a hell of alot cheaper.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#174 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@shawn30 said:

@draign said:

I need to cut my Comcast service to as its a pure ripoff. Im getting closer and closer to cutting the cord. Netflix and Hulu are nearly enough to get me there and a hell of alot cheaper.

Netflix is trash.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

Man this sounds great

Too bad i'm a gamer and I'd rather spend money on GAMES

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 tymeservesfate

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate oh no, my e-feels :(. Cry moar, tough guy, heh. (also, one line reply? Boring)

where are you getting this tough guy nonsense from? its not even in my personality to try n play that role on or off here. ur a terrible judge of character...and boring urself. some of you guys on here think ur a lot more entertaining, or enjoyable to talk to, than you actually are lol. have a good one.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 misterpmedia

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

where are you getting this tough guy nonsense from? its not even in my personality to try n play that role on or off here. ur a terrible judge of character...and boring urself. some of you guys on here think ur a lot more entertaining, or enjoyable to talk to, than you actually are lol. have a good one.

oh ho ho ho. What a terribly ironic post, fantastic for that desperate last stand. I'll have a great one, friendo. See you at the next one. :P

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#178 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

@FastRobby: Sony already makes Hollywood movies and TV that people actually want to watch. Amazing Spider-Man 2 this weekend. A better venture than all this trash media Microsoft is mAking.

You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. Amazon, Hulu, HBO, etc.. all have original shows that have been big hits. This content just improves the XB1 value. Sony will be getting the same kind of content as well. You fools are grasping at straws.

Keep being an ignorant biased troll. Haha. So I guess Sony original TV programming for the PS4 will be crap as well? Gotta love biased idiots with no sense.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#179  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@hoyalawya said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Microsoft barely has any game studios worth damn so why would I expect their new TV division to be good?

They already added new studios and they will be adding more. Many of their studios have released million selling games like Fable, Halo, Forza, Crackdown, Lost Odyssey, PGR, Kameo, Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Dance Central etc.. I don't expect their TV programming to be bad with names like Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott behind some of them.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By tymeservesfate

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

oh ho ho ho. What a terribly ironic post, fantastic for that desperate last stand. I'll have a great one, friendo. See you at the next one. :P

oh yes...i'm sure you will...you've been weirdly latched onto my nuts for months now. anything to get me to notice you huh Lame-O lol smh? u want to matter to me way too much, you're just really a weird/strange one.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#181 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Cows are coming

LMAO

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 misterpmedia

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@misterpmedia said:

oh yes...i'm sure you will...you've been weirdly latched onto my nuts for months now. anything to get me to notice you huh Lame-O lol smh? u want to matter to me way too much, you're just really a weird/strange one.

lmfao don't flatter yourself and stop hiding behind 'playing the victim'. You're replying to me and I'm replying to you.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@blackace said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@hoyalawya said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

They already added new studios and they will be adding more. Many of their studios have released million selling games like Fable, Halo, Forza, Crackdown, Lost Odyssey, PGR, Kameo, Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Dance Central etc.. I don't expect their TV programming to be bad with names like Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott behind some of them.

No Microsoft studio has made a Gears of War game yet.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 StrongBlackVine

@blackace said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Keep being an ignorant biased troll. Haha. So I guess Sony original TV programming for the PS4 will be crap as well? Gotta love biased idiots with no sense.

Sony already has the pieces in place to make original content for PS4 if they choose too and it is proven.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#185  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

Well, I hope they are good. I would be pessimistic, but I "LOL'd" at Netflix making original programming, then House of Cards owned me like never before. So, I will keep my predictions to myself!