10MB free AA in FULL EFFECT now. PS3 ports will start to show it's weakness

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GamerGuy07360
Member since 2007 • 422 Posts

Yes this is true as you see most all games out on 360 you can clearly see the developers have grasped that free 10MB of free AA on that ATI GPU in the 360.

Take a great game like crackdown. I DARE you to SHOW ME jaggies anywhere. YOU CAN'T!!!

Same with GEOW NO JAGGIES!!!

All i'm saying is you will start to really see the difference in ports and just games in general between the PS3 and 360 games.

They even say there is some noticeable jags in VF5 on PS3.

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
If you actually take time to notice whether or not there are jaggies in games like GeoW and VF5, maybe you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place.
ranger_waha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3 ranger_waha
Member since 2005 • 3187 Posts
OMGZ, jaggies=stupid games!!!!
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
OMGZ, jaggies=stupid games!!!!ranger_waha
ugh as much as I pull for the 360 right now, threads like this make me ashamed of SW.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
i used to dont care about mind jaggies much, but the wii is just too much......zelda blurred princess is a total jaggfest
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GamerGuy07360

If you actually take time to notice whether or not there are jaggies in games like GeoW and VF5, maybe you shouldn't have bought the game in the first place.nyoroism

Just listen to the review on VF5 Jegg even says you may see a jag or snag here and there.

Anyway. I'm just saying that a lot of Sony guys had been saying so wheres you free AA blah blah blah! Well it seems now the developers have put there finger on that free 10MB for AA. And now we are seeing games smooth as a babies butt on 360 now.

Something your not going to see in PS3 games. AA issues have been an issue with all 3 PS systems. Remember how Sony lied about the PS2 can do AA when everyone said why all the jag fest.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I do not get it... most PC games these days are made specifically with Nvidia GPUs in mind, yet for almost all time, ATI have been superior. I have never liked Nvidia.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 foxhound_fox
i used to dont care about mind jaggies much, but the wii is just too much......zelda blurred princess is a total jaggfestGears360

Get a 480i CRT SDTV. They have this special filter that seems to smooth things out. I can hardly notice all the jaggies that I see in screenshots of the game.
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GamerGuy07360

I do not get it... most PC games these days are made specifically with Nvidia GPUs in mind, yet for almost all time, ATI have been superior. I have never liked Nvidia.
foxhound_fox

Why Sony left this AA issue in the dark again for the PS3 is just crazy. I mean sure it won't be that bad being you can run in 720P But it will look a little rough around the edges compared to 360 games.

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

Yes this is true as you see most all games out on 360 you can clearly see the developers have grasped that free 10MB of free AA on that ATI GPU in the 360.

Take a great game like crackdown. I DARE you to SHOW ME jaggies anywhere. YOU CAN'T!!!

All i'm saying is you will start to really see the difference in ports and just games in general between the PS3 and 360 games.

GamerGuy07360

Gears of War does not employ antialiasing. Instead, it uses a few motion-related tricks like motion blur to mask the aliasing.

Avatar image for michaelareb0001
michaelareb0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 michaelareb0001
Member since 2005 • 1366 Posts

I really didn't see a whole lot of jaggies in Resistance or RR7, I'll check VF5 when I get it today. I agree the 10MB of high speed RAM coupled witht he unified system memory was a smooth move, but seems to me, PS3 games do a pretty good job of delivering a crisp clear picture with minimal amounts of aliasing. Of course I run everything in HD, so maybe it's more of an issue for SD sets.

I really don't care about the ports from 360, most of them were from EA, and I really haven't bought an EA game in years. They make crap.

mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
Both the 360 and PS3 have to have workarounds because neither one of them has a full 256-bit bus that PC graphics cards do. The 360's workaround is the eDRAM, the PS3's is the XDR memory.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 foxhound_fox
Why Sony left this AA issue in the dark again for the PS3 is just crazy. I mean sure it won't be that bad being you can run in 720P But it will look a little rough around the edges compared to 360 games.GamerGuy07360

Seriously though, the PS2 had some smoothing abilities. Just take a look at Shadow of the Colossus and God of War. There is even an option in the GoW option menu to switch it off!

They made a poor decision going with the architecture they chose. Making developers jobs hard is never something you want to do.
mjarantilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mjarantilla
Member since 2002 • 15721 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]Why Sony left this AA issue in the dark again for the PS3 is just crazy. I mean sure it won't be that bad being you can run in 720P But it will look a little rough around the edges compared to 360 games.foxhound_fox

Seriously though, the PS2 had some smoothing abilities. Just take a look at Shadow of the Colossus and God of War. There is even an option in the GoW option menu to switch it off!

They made a poor decision going with the architecture they chose. Making developers jobs hard is never something you want to do.

Only time will tell whether or not the PS3's architecture is a poor one. Right now it's too early, and the 360's architecture has its own problems.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

I saw a lot of jaggies in GeoW. But then other games like Rainbow Six: Vegas don't have any significant aliasing. Overall GeoW is a bit more impressive looking but I'm hopeful that in time just about all 360 games won't have any significant aliasing.

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts

Take a great game like crackdown. I DARE you to SHOW ME jaggies anywhere. YOU CAN'T!!!

GamerGuy07360

No jaggies in Crackdown?

Look at the Cement Railing infront of the character and the top of the yellow building on the right. Whats that I see? Jaggies

No jaggies in GeOW?

Look at the Statue, the building tops, the poles, and the car hood. Whats that I see? Jaggies

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

asdasd

No jaggies in Crackdown?

Look at the Cement Railing infront of the character and the top of the yellow building on the right. Whats that I see? Jaggies

No jaggies in GeOW?

Look at the Statue, the building tops, the poles, and the car hood. Whats that I see? Jaggies

Your pics are TRASH.

First of all my Crackdown looks WAY BETTER then that on my HD TV. I mean those graphics in that pic are bland mine are way more detailed. So IDNO where you got that pic. But it's BOGUS on a cheap SDTV or very low res internet pic.

Same with your other pic same deal. They look FAR better on a good HDTV.

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 asdasd
[QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

No jaggies in Crackdown?

No jaggies in GeOW?

Your pics are TRASH.

First of all my Crackdown looks WAY BETTER then that on my HD TV. I mean those graphics in that pic are bland mine are way more detailed. So IDNO where you got that pic. But it's BOGUS on a cheap SDTV or very low res internet pic.

Gamespot and IGN are bogus right? :roll:
Oh and I do have GeOW on a 1080p HDTV and I do notice jaggies, but not too many, you just said that there arent any jaggies in the game , yet there are. I dont have crackdown and wont buy it, but in the demo that I downloaded there ARE jaggies.
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

No jaggies in Crackdown?

No jaggies in GeOW?

Your pics are TRASH.

Again it's a well know FACT that if your posting low res pics from the net. THESE are not true reprsitations. Becuase the game on a HDTV is higher res and the graphics are tightened up way more and those low res jaggies from the internet pics are GONE. Nice try though.

Again Crackdown on my TV the walls everything is way more clear crisp much brighter shineier everything. AND NO JAGGIES.

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

asdasd

No jaggies in Crackdown?

No jaggies in GeOW?

Your pics are TRASH.

Oh and I do have GeOW on a 1080p HDTV and I do notice jaggies, but not too many, you just said that there arent any jaggies in the game , yet there are. I dont have crackdown and wont buy it, but in the demo that I downloaded there ARE jaggies.

No what i'm saying is most of us have known and accept that pics from low res internet are not what it really looks like in the game on a good tv.

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 asdasd

No what i'm saying is most of us have known and accept that pics from low res internet are not what it really looks like in the game on a good tv.

GamerGuy07360

Get over yourself, both systems have jaggies , even on a 1080p tv...
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jwat4
Member since 2003 • 1934 Posts

No what i'm saying is most of us have known and accept that pics from low res internet are not what it really looks like in the game on a good tv.GamerGuy07360

What you said was I dare you to show a game with any Jaggies.... Those pictures show you a game with jaggies...

This thread is pretty pointless because all games have them...some where some portion of the game isnt as smooth as it could be...most times the jagged edges arent that bad but they are there...and honestly what are you basising any of your claims on?

You have a 360 and you play it on your HDTV and decide that somehow Sony has issues with jaggies?....Have you played a PS3 on your HDTV?

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

asdasd

Get over yourself, both systems have jaggies , even on a 1080p tv...

WRONG

YOU READY?

Notice a close up so NO DISPUTE. And this is what it looks like in the game. Look at the walls the ledge JAGGIES I THINK NOT!

http://media.xbox360.gamespy.com/media/773/773714/img_3943506.html

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

asdasd

No jaggies in Crackdown?

No jaggies in GeOW?

Your pics are TRASH.

And for you my friend try again this is what it looks like FOR REAL. NOW SAY YOUR SORRY

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

No jaggies in Crackdown?

No jaggies in GeOW?

Your pics are TRASH.

And for you my friend try again this is what it looks like FOR REAL. NOW SAY YOUR SORRY

Again take a look at these this is a real repersitation of the game.

http://media.xbox360.gamespy.com/media/773/773714/imgs_1.html

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"][QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

GamerGuy07360

No jaggies in Crackdown?

No jaggies in GeOW?

Your pics are TRASH.

Again take a look at these this is a real repersitation of the game.

All come and please look at the links i provided. Don't be fooled by the cheesy low res shot the other guy posted.

I have posted the truth and there is NO DISPUTING THIS PERIOD.

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 asdasd

GamerGuy07360

You say the pictures I posted are low res? :lol:
Both of the pictures that I posted at 1280x720 which is 720p
The picture you posted is 760x428 , which is just over 480p.
I'm done with you , you're just a damn xbox fanboy thats blind.
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

asdasd

No jaggies in Crackdown?

No jaggies in GeOW?

DID you see the links i posted? You agree now right? And you are going to admit your pics are not the real deal and the ones i posted shot this down and crushed it right!

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

asdasd

You say the pictures I posted are low res? :lol:
Both of the pictures that I posted at 1280x720 which is 720p
The picture you posted is 760x428 , which is just over 480p.
I'm done with you , you're just a damn xbox fanboy thats blind.

How can you be done with me.

You just owned yourself. The pics i posted are 480P you say and there is NO JAGGIES right you agree right? So there for you know the ones i posted are the ones of the real game in it's current form and just imagine it running on my 720P HDTV so you know there is NO JAGGIES PERIOD.

GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 GamerGuy07360

For those who have common sense and want to see the real representation of the game in it's current form. And want the truth that there is NO JAGGIES on the new 360 games coming out. Just look here.

JimJackJose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JimJackJose
Member since 2002 • 2937 Posts
I am not sure when they took that picture of Crackdown, but its not accurate. The hud is huge compared to the final game. Originally I thought you had just taken a picture of crackdown and zoomed in until you could find jaggies.... on my tv jaggies that small are really un noticeable. I have not paid much attention in gears of war if there are jaggies or not, i've always been too busy killing.
meischris39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#32 meischris39
Member since 2004 • 5432 Posts
btw just so you know Gears doesn't have AA
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jwat4

For those who have common sense and want to see the real representation of the game in it's current form. And want the truth that there is NO JAGGIES on the new 360 games coming out. Just look here.

GamerGuy07360
Common sense would tell the normal person that a picture from any website is not real representation of a game...Take a picture of your TV while playing crackdown....thats real world....
edd721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 edd721
Member since 2005 • 204 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

HuusAsking

Gears of War does not employ antialiasing. Instead, it uses a few motion-related tricks like motion blur to mask the aliasing.

He's right, it's possible to see some jaggies but dude very difficult.
mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mrboo15
Member since 2006 • 2043 Posts
NO released game so far has used the EDRAM for "free" AA, the first ANNOUCNHED game use the EDRAM for AA was Forza 2
OpticalCanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 OpticalCanine
Member since 2006 • 1938 Posts

"Look at the Statue, the building tops, the poles, and the car hood. Whats that I see? Jaggies"

your screens are garbage go play the crackdown demo or GeoW there are no jaggies even on a SDTV. next time try not to resize your pictures so u dont look like a jac&$#@.

rdo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rdo
Member since 2004 • 10314 Posts
foxhound_fox
i dont think most games are programed tward nvidia,  infact the oposite.  well they are preally programed tward either card but they are programmed twanrd dx.  look at the requirments of every pc game box on the shelf.  of 90% will require windows and dx.  ati is dx based and opengl is a seconday.  with nvidia opengl is the primary and dx is secondary.  that give ati the advantage in 90% of the games on the shelf.  i cant wait to see what the r600 does.
edd721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 edd721
NO released game so far has used the EDRAM for "free" AA, the first ANNOUCNHED game use the EDRAM for AA was Forza 2mrboo15
10 MB eDRAM daughter-die, manufactured by NEC. Thanks to the daughter die, the Xenos can do 4x FSAA, z-buffering, and alpha blending with no appreciable performance penalty on the GPU, I LOVE IT.
mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mrboo15
[QUOTE="mrboo15"]NO released game so far has used the EDRAM for "free" AA, the first ANNOUCNHED game use the EDRAM for AA was Forza 2edd721
10 MB eDRAM daughter-die, manufactured by NEC. Thanks to the daughter die, the Xenos can do 4x FSAA, z-buffering, and alpha blending with no appreciable performance penalty on the GPU, I LOVE IT.

Congrats u can copy and paste articles :| You forgot to mension that FACT that games have to be PROGRAMMED with tile rendering in mind, fool :|
TONYSIX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TONYSIX7
Member since 2004 • 919 Posts

Take a great game like crackdown. I DARE you to SHOW ME jaggies anywhere. YOU CAN'T!!!

GamerGuy07360

GeoW doesnt use AA

edd721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edd721
[QUOTE="edd721"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]NO released game so far has used the EDRAM for "free" AA, the first ANNOUCNHED game use the EDRAM for AA was Forza 2mrboo15

Congrats u can copy and paste articles :| You forgot to mension that FACT that games have to be PROGRAMMED with tile rendering in mind, fool :|

Erm I don't understand ur techno-crap, so I won't argue with that.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts
Seems like a few lemmings are in massive denial. Their pics= real world representations (of course, they hand select them) Other pics= not real (despite running at the same resolution and coming from reputable sites)
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

No what i'm saying is most of us have known and accept that pics from low res internet are not what it really looks like in the game on a good tv.jwat4

What you said was I dare you to show a game with any Jaggies.... Those pictures show you a game with jaggies...

This thread is pretty pointless because all games have them...some where some portion of the game isnt as smooth as it could be...most times the jagged edges arent that bad but they are there...and honestly what are you basising any of your claims on?

You have a 360 and you play it on your HDTV and decide that somehow Sony has issues with jaggies?....Have you played a PS3 on your HDTV?

Yes i have a PS3

mrboo15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 mrboo15
[QUOTE="mrboo15"][QUOTE="edd721"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]NO released game so far has used the EDRAM for "free" AA, the first ANNOUCNHED game use the EDRAM for AA was Forza 2edd721

Erm I don't understand ur techno-crap, so I won't argue with that.

Its simple really, 360 gets free AA by doing somthing called tile rendering. A 720p game with HDR and 4xAA would require just over 30mb/s of memory for the frame buffer, now the EDRAM is only 10mb. Hmm we have a problem how do you get 30 to fit into 10? the answear that ATI came up with is called tile rendering, it splits each full frame into in 3 mini frames and renders them in the EDRAM one at a time, after all 30/10 = 3. Now this is how Xenos gets its free AA from, the only downside is its not a feature were a developer just turns on, they HAVE to desighn the game and its graphics engine to SUPPORT tile rendering or they dont get the free AA at all. The first game to use tile rendering is Forza 2
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 GamerGuy07360

Seems like a few lemmings are in massive denial. Their pics= real world representations (of course, they hand select them) Other pics= not real (despite running at the same resolution and coming from reputable sites)Vampyronight

We are bot even close to denial.

Here take a look do you see jaggies. I don't think so NONE.

And these are the real pics of the final build and what it really looks like now in the full game.

eclipsed4utoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 eclipsed4utoo
Member since 2006 • 10578 Posts

GamerGuy07360

wait, so you name exclusive titles for the 360, but then say that ports on the PS3 will look bad? where's the reasoning there? why not take a look at exclusive PS3 titles? oh wait.....reasoning doesn't happen in this forum.
jwat4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jwat4

[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]Seems like a few lemmings are in massive denial. Their pics= real world representations (of course, they hand select them) Other pics= not real (despite running at the same resolution and coming from reputable sites)GamerGuy07360

And these are the real pics of the final build and what it really looks like now in the full game.

Show me a pic from your TV...you in game...These pictures your posting are just as bogus as the ones you have dismissed....
HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]Seems like a few lemmings are in massive denial. Their pics= real world representations (of course, they hand select them) Other pics= not real (despite running at the same resolution and coming from reputable sites)jwat4

Show me a pic from your TV...you in game...These pictures your posting are just as bogus as the ones you have dismissed....

Didn't those pictures come from a hands-on? If so, then they are verifiable gameplay.
GamerGuy07360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GamerGuy07360
[QUOTE="jwat4"][QUOTE="GamerGuy07360"]

[QUOTE="Vampyronight"]Seems like a few lemmings are in massive denial. Their pics= real world representations (of course, they hand select them) Other pics= not real (despite running at the same resolution and coming from reputable sites)HuusAsking

Didn't those pictures come from a hands-on? If so, then they are verifiable gameplay.

Yes thank you. So this cleary destorys this guys attemp to post a way old build of that trash he posted. Or however he came up with that pic becuase the game looks nothing like that in the full game on my TV.

And even so about Geows of war using a different way of making the game have AA effect. It shows that the flexibility and power combined of the 360 is starting to show it's muscle and eliminationg jaggies in all the new current 360 games.

I think Something that the PS3 will just suffer from. Due to the NO AA and HDR at the same time. And just no real way of doing full AA without a big performance hit.

TOAO_Cyrus1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TOAO_Cyrus1
Member since 2004 • 2895 Posts

[QUOTE="edd721"][QUOTE="mrboo15"]NO released game so far has used the EDRAM for "free" AA, the first ANNOUCNHED game use the EDRAM for AA was Forza 2mrboo15

Its still a huge advantage when games start utilizing it in a year or so. The 360 has great graphics now and they are going to get that much better.