100 dollar off X1 not enough: Additional $75 dollar credit

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

That's what I told people, they waited this long, wait for a real price drop and not just a removal of Kinect.

This is the kinda deal people may dig.

$425 Kinected Xbone or $325 Kinectless Xbone...imagine what Black Friday Xbone deals that are still inbound.

Maybe you could find a PS4 for $350 on Black Friday this year. The Bore4 is only worth that amount anyway.

you can already find PS4 for 350-360

Really on Craig's list or Ebay. I guess people are realizing that the PS4 has no games and are selling them.

you can get it today brand new via Buy.com's ebay store

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-4-500GB-Gaming-Console/301233853610?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4622efd4aa

I might get one next year.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@WitIsWisdom said:

MS is just trying to have run away success without working for it again... maybe they will soon learn that since they don't have a corner on the gaming market they cant just BUY a fanbase. Makes me sick. So much wasted potential.... The man behind the curtain is no better than the last. They want results then they better start enticing the install base they already have... what they DONT seem to realize is that the BEST advertisement is from satisfied customers. Not to say I don't enjoy my X1, but they have done nothing so far in my opinion to entice anyone other than diehard fanboys and people who spend way to much time playing games. I'm in the later of the two groups... lol

They practically ditched the one thing that differentiated themselves from PS4, and have done so much back peddling with many empty promises and wonder why they aren't selling at the level they want....

At this point it is from lost trust... Trust = sales. Whether PS4 is better or not, SONY has the people's trust, where as MS just keeps digging that hole with an arrogant laced shovel. SONY learned last gen what arrogance gains... not a whole damn lot...

maybe it is just the third console curse? Not to say the X1 isn't selling well which makes me question why they are flipping out so bad so early in the marathon. Almost if they plan on ditching the install base a few years in like they have already done before. Why else would they be scrambling as they put up great early numbers? Looks to me that they are trying to catch all their fish in a barrel early then start unloading on already fetid carcasses in the not to distant future....

The whole concept of putting up strong numbers is a receding hairline argument. The further out from launch they get, the less meaningul it is that they were able to dupe one million people on launch day into thinking this platform had a future. The reality sets in with each sub-100k NPD that they are, in all honesty, little better off with the XBone than the PS3 was at launch or the WiiU. The reality is that they are going to have to justify a floundering platform to an increasingly growing (and vocal) group of investors who are perfectly happy with pulling a Zune with the XBox brand and focusing on the money making aspects of MSes business.

People on this board and in the gaming industry in general turn a real blind eye to a basic truth. The XBone, in the state that it was originally revealed, was the XBox most in line with investors and big publishers vision of where console gaming should go for the maximum amount of profit. It was a services-oriented content delivery vehicle into the living rooms of developed nations genetically designed to leach your wallet. It was the culmination of everything the XBox was ever supposed to be (Hence, the name "One").

The market rejected that vision and the lashback was so intense that everything MS worked for with the previous two generations of giving Microsoft a good reputation amongst a younger demographic that would be more easily swayed to Apple products or even Linux had disappeared overnight. The lashback was so intense that MS has been in quadruple backflip mode trying to masquerade a PIECE OF HARDWARE designed from the ground up to be a media content delivery machine back into a harmless fuzzy wuzzy games console. It's a genie they are doing everything in the world to put back in its lamp including damn near $200 worth of price slashing before it is a year old.

Food for thought.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Shewgenja

Xbox, as a business, basically has no fucking point. Microsoft pretty much dismantled it's PC gaming studios in the name of a hemorrhaging console business. The payoff was supposed to be the resurrection of WebTV and getting into the services pie. Instead, they've turned that brand into an albatross because they got too greedy too quickly and pulled off a monumentally stupid power grab against consumer rights.

For this reason alone, every person who bought an XBone at full price is a fucking sucker in my book that couldn't see the forest for the trees. It was bound to struggle and MS was bound to do everything they could to see the time investd in XBox was not a complete waste. Kinect didn't stand a chance of remaining bundled, for one thing. They will continue to make these massive back flips until they either find something that will work or they have to close shop and return to PC gaming.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Sagemode87  Online
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@xhawk27: Stay mad lol

jsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By jsolidus
Member since 2011 • 171 Posts

seems like every month M$ has a deal for the x1, it must be doing horrible in sales. Best to wait, it might be $199 next year.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Wait longer for the inevitable price drop. Which won't take as long as prior gens.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Just keep waiting, there will be another price drop...

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#58 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Good stuff, that's what happens in a heated competition. Sony and Microsoft should have done this from the start actually, offering a nice rebate for existing longtime customers of XBL/PSN. This deal is especially good in Canada, where the PS4 is pretty expensive at 450$, I wonder if Sony will respond with something similar.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Shewgenja

@Alucard_Prime said:

Good stuff, that's what happens in a heated competition. Sony and Microsoft should have done this from the start actually, offering a nice rebate for existing longtime customers of XBL/PSN. This deal is especially good in Canada, where the PS4 is pretty expensive at 450$, I wonder if Sony will respond with something similar.

They're selling them as fast as they can make them. No, Sony isn't dropping the price on the PS4 until next year after they have blanketed the market with as many DriveClub and Destiny Bundles they can at full price.

MS is blowing their load prematurely. It reeks of desperation.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#60 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Alucard_Prime said:

They're selling them as fast as they can make them. No, Sony isn't dropping the price on the PS4 until next year after they have blanketed the market with as many DriveClub and Destiny Bundles they can at full price.

MS is blowing their load prematurely. It reeks of desperation.

I wasn't talking about an official price drop, this is like a special promo for select existing customers, as I understand it. No reason Sony could not reply to it by doing something similar, they certainly cannot rest on their laurels at this point, despite selling better than the Xbox One so far, they are surely keeping a close eye on MS and their promos, they will not just sit idly by if they see some of Microsoft's promos increasing sales and market share.

But you are correct, if they are selling very well at the current price we should not expect them to do a price drop soon. In fact, netiher the PS4 or Xbox One has had an official price drop as of now, unbundling Kinect for 100$ less is not really a price drop the way I see it they just have 2 different packages now, but they are essentially the same price as launch day if you factor in the 100$ Kinect Value.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Shewgenja

@Alucard_Prime said:

I wasn't talking about an official price drop, this is like a special promo for select existing customers, as I understand it. No reason Sony could not reply to it by doing something similar, they certainly cannot rest on their laurels at this point, despite selling better than the Xbox One so far, they are surely keeping a close eye on MS and their promos, they will not just sit idly by if they see some of Microsoft's promos increasing sales and market share.

But you are correct, if they are selling very well at the current price we should not expect them to do a price drop soon. In fact, netiher the PS4 or Xbox One has had an official price drop as of now, unbundling Kinect for 100$ less is not really a price drop the way I see it they just have 2 different packages now, but they are essentially the same price as launch day if you factor in the 100$ Kinect Value.

You keep telling yourself that. I'm sure those Kinect bundled XBones are just rolling off the assembly lines still *snicker* *giggle* *stifled laugh*

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I might dip with this. I just started a new job, so my pay period is all screwed up... Though I might just say screw it.