100 dollar off X1 not enough: Additional $75 dollar credit

• 61 results
#1 Edited by Daious (1252 posts) -

Good news for people who haven't jumped on the Xboxone.

I guess there is going to be a 75 dollar credit for 360 owners who buys an xboxone at a selected retailer. This would be close to an 325 dollar xboxone.

Assuming Best Buy will be one of the select retailers, you could get an additional 10% from BB coupon.

#2 Edited by Shewgenja (8798 posts) -

Brace yourselves, the June NPD results are coming.

#3 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13839 posts) -

Game changer.

#4 Posted by catasaurus (219 posts) -

Wow! Hope Microsoft moves some units. Xbox One has some great titles coming out this year and next.

#5 Edited by BldgIrsh (2226 posts) -

That actually is somewhat enticing...

Then it goes to say is how much can these console really go down to?

#6 Posted by getyeryayasout (7366 posts) -

It looks like a $75 credit to your XBL account, but still a pretty sweet deal.

#7 Edited by SolidTy (42824 posts) -

That's what I told people, they waited this long, wait for a real price drop and not just a removal of Kinect.

This is the kinda deal people may dig.

$425 Kinected Xbone or $325 Kinectless Xbone...imagine what Black Friday Xbone deals that are still inbound.

#8 Posted by Shewgenja (8798 posts) -

This is literally as funny as watching a neighbor try to start their old lawn-mower that is a crusty pain in the neck. Jesus, Lems want XBone to happen so bad. They're going to dislocate their shoulders trying to get this motor going lol.

#9 Edited by Netret0120 (2085 posts) -

At this rate, I would tell my cousin to wait until Xmas because a price drop seems plausible to $300-350. MS has gone back on nearly everything they said about kinect and DRM so a further $50-100 price drop isn't totally out of the picture

#10 Posted by Chutebox (37017 posts) -

Ok, now this is desperation. Good Lord. I've never seen this with a console and there is still 4 more months until it's a year old.

#11 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13839 posts) -

This is literally as funny as watching a neighbor try to start their old lawn-mower that is a crusty pain in the neck. Jesus, Lems want XBone to happen so bad. They're going to dislocate their shoulders trying to get this motor going lol.

@Chutebox said:

Ok, now this is desperation. Good Lord. I've never seen this with a console and there is still 4 more months until it's a year old.

#12 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8560 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Chutebox said:

What the ACTUAL FUCK with this gif? :D Where's that taken from?

#13 Posted by handssss (1834 posts) -

black friday prices ≤ $250 don't seem so crazy if MS is still playing price limbo with the console THIS early into the game.

#14 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13839 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Chutebox said:

Pretty sure it's Russia. Not sure what show, maybe the news? lol.

#15 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

still do not want

#16 Posted by Ghost120x (3800 posts) -

Damn. I never seen MS this desperate. Well, I would be too if I was losing market share in the region where I receive the most sales. At this rate I might get an Xbox sooner than I thought.

#17 Edited by Strutten (1201 posts) -
#18 Posted by wis3boi (31294 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Toys in happy meals

#19 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4761 posts) -
@wis3boi said:

@bldgirsh said:

Toys in happy meals

I'd be happy with that. Games consoles that have better looking games than any PC at the moment in a happy meal. That would be something.

#20 Edited by super600 (30523 posts) -

How long does this deal run for. I may get an xbox one if this deal still exists by december because it looks really int incing?.

#21 Posted by Daious (1252 posts) -

@super600 said:

How long does this deal run for. I may get an xbox one if this deal still exists by december because it looks really int incing?.

only last until end of July.

#22 Posted by ActicEdge (24464 posts) -

$75 credit is meh to me. An actual price drop is always more enticing than limited credit when it comes to hardware promotions.

#23 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

Early adapters get fucked and MS shows just how desperate they are. SONY must be kicking MAJOR ass in their eyes.

#24 Posted by Animal-Mother (26778 posts) -

Makes me wonder with the price drop how the one really did.

I'm sure it boosted numbers but with the summer drought and lack of exclusives for both systems ATM i'm sure June will be a pretty meh NPD month.

#25 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

See for me it has nothing to do with price. They could give me a X1 for free and I would just turn around and sell it or give it away. Their business practices is what kills any and all chances of me owning an X1, not the price.

#26 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@bldgirsh said:

Toys in happy meals

I'd be happy with that. Games consoles that have better looking games than any PC at the moment in a happy meal. That would be something.

Dat fantasy world of yours. Can I come visit?

#27 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

Surprisingly aggressive. Good for those looking to buy soon.

#28 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7155 posts) -

Microsoft should just drop XBLG. I would buy the system at $400 if I didn't have to spend another $50 just to play the Halo collection online.

#29 Posted by coasterguy65 (5927 posts) -

I may actually consider an Xbone if I get one of those credit offers. Lots of good games coming up soon.

#30 Edited by clyde46 (46027 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@bldgirsh said:

Toys in happy meals

K.

#31 Posted by Boddicker (2695 posts) -

I still don't want it.

#32 Posted by jsmoke03 (12846 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Chutebox said:

Pretty sure it's Russia. Not sure what show, maybe the news? lol.

p*ssy riot protesting about video games?

#33 Posted by aroxx_ab (9488 posts) -

At this rate, I would tell my cousin to wait until Xmas because a price drop seems plausible to $300-350. MS has gone back on nearly everything they said about kinect and DRM so a further $50-100 price drop isn't totally out of the picture

Yeah this.

#34 Edited by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Cows jimmied will be rustled if the X1 starts going for less than $300

#35 Posted by Alcapello (893 posts) -

Waiting for a sweet PS4 bundle, game or not.

#36 Edited by Zethrickk382 (140 posts) -

Drop XBLG bring it down to 299 and I might bite next year or the year after at 199.

Wonder if the one tanked hard enough by Microsofts standards if they'd move more to pc development.

#37 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27549 posts) -

Bought a PS4 have a PC, so still not enough incentive to buy another console with minimal software enticement. #nothanksMS

#38 Posted by blackciti (1 posts) -

Still not interested

#39 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42716 posts) -

That's good deal but waiting for the inevitable Halo Collection Bundle.

#40 Edited by Ribnarak (2294 posts) -

so pretty much 325$ for an xbox one without kinect.
seems fair since its weaker than the ps4.

#41 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3754 posts) -

MS is just trying to have run away success without working for it again... maybe they will soon learn that since they don't have a corner on the gaming market they cant just BUY a fanbase. Makes me sick. So much wasted potential.... The man behind the curtain is no better than the last. They want results then they better start enticing the install base they already have... what they DONT seem to realize is that the BEST advertisement is from satisfied customers. Not to say I don't enjoy my X1, but they have done nothing so far in my opinion to entice anyone other than diehard fanboys and people who spend way to much time playing games. I'm in the later of the two groups... lol

They practically ditched the one thing that differentiated themselves from PS4, and have done so much back peddling with many empty promises and wonder why they aren't selling at the level they want....

At this point it is from lost trust... Trust = sales. Whether PS4 is better or not, SONY has the people's trust, where as MS just keeps digging that hole with an arrogant laced shovel. SONY learned last gen what arrogance gains... not a whole damn lot...

maybe it is just the third console curse? Not to say the X1 isn't selling well which makes me question why they are flipping out so bad so early in the marathon. Almost if they plan on ditching the install base a few years in like they have already done before. Why else would they be scrambling as they put up great early numbers? Looks to me that they are trying to catch all their fish in a barrel early then start unloading on already fetid carcasses in the not to distant future....

#42 Posted by CDWJUSTIN (2073 posts) -

I'll buy the Xbone for $250 with kinect and the WiiU for $150...

#43 Posted by LadyBlue (3928 posts) -

I was thinking $250. Pass!

#44 Edited by littlestreakier (2912 posts) -

Pretty sweet deal for people that don't have one yet. I personally think they should have just did a manufactures coupon of $75 off instead of XBL credit. Feel like that would entice people (and me more). I'm passing on the deal. But at this rate I may get a XB1 sooner than later, we'll see.

#45 Edited by xhawk27 (7263 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

That's what I told people, they waited this long, wait for a real price drop and not just a removal of Kinect.

$425 Kinected Xbone or $325 Kinectless Xbone...imagine what Black Friday Xbone deals that are still inbound.

Maybe you could find a PS4 for $350 on Black Friday this year. The Bore4 is only worth that amount anyway.

#46 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

Maybe you could find a PS4 for $350 on Black Friday this year. The Bore4 is only worth that amount anyway.

you can already find PS4 for 350-360

#47 Edited by xhawk27 (7263 posts) -

@CDWJUSTIN said:

I'll buy the Xbone for $250 with kinect and the WiiU for $150...

I'll buy the Bore4 for $300 with The Camera. It should have Games worth playing by then.

#48 Posted by xhawk27 (7263 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

Really on Craig's list or Ebay. I guess people are realizing that the PS4 has no games and are selling them.

#49 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@lostrib said:

@xhawk27 said:

@SolidTy said:

Really on Craig's list or Ebay. I guess people are realizing that the PS4 has no games and are selling them.

you can get it today brand new via Buy.com's ebay store

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-PlayStation-4-500GB-Gaming-Console/301233853610?pt=Video_Games&hash=item4622efd4aa

#50 Posted by xhawk27 (7263 posts) -

@Ribnarak said:

so pretty much 325$ for an xbox one without kinect.

seems fair since its weaker than the ps4.

Only about 28% less.