clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@monstersfa: You are talking complete and utter shit.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: Yea I'm going to have to take the advice of devs over you and looking at upcoming games it already looks like both consoles are showing major improvements.

Go ahead and plug your ears. I know you don't listen to facts.

Oh I always listen to facts,

As long as every multiplat runs and looks better on more PC's than PS4's sold, I'm alright.

Multiplats are not gonna look better on 660s not for long.

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#153  Edited By monstersfa
Member since 2014 • 398 Posts

@miiiiv said:
@monstersfa said:

Nope, consoles are dictating how advanced games are.

Unfinished games? That's pc. Wasn't Rome 2 a total mess at launch? What about early access? Warz?

Consoles made the push for MORE content in games. Gears 2 started that.

The most popular pc shooter could run on the original xbox.

League of Legends reqs are far weaker than last gen consoles as well.

I assume that you mean Half Life 2. It runs quite well on pc with a geforce 4 ti 4200, which is about equivalent to the xbox gpu.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By AM-Gamer

@

@dakan45 said:

@monstersfa: There is nothing to google 30 fps locked is 30 fps locked there is no diffirence between consoles and pc in terms of fps,

As for consoles "advancing" games... you got that right cosnoles are the reason games are samey pew pew clones and sequels, consoles are the reason games like resident evil and tomb raider turned into shooters.

This is not an advancement its a freaking disaster. Pc on the other hand drives innovation.

Tomb Raider is the best its ever been , and Resident evil has never sold worth a shit on PC. PC is the reason we have all this F2P shit trying to take over the industry. Matter of fact PC gaming along with mobile gaming is whats ruining the industry. Innovation? LMAO

Farmville and LOL are innovate now? You are fucking delusional.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: Yea I'm going to have to take the advice of devs over you and looking at upcoming games it already looks like both consoles are showing major improvements.

Oh I always listen to facts, the problem is all you did was spout some more bullshit.

digitalfoundry-2014-metro-redux-what-its-really-like-to-make-a-multi-platform-game

"Oles Shishkovstov: Well obviously they aren't packing the bleeding edge hardware you can buy for PC (albeit for insane amounts of money) today. But they are relatively well-balanced pieces of hardware that are well above what most people have right now, performance-wise. And let's not forget that programming close to the metal will usually mean that we can get 2x performance gain over the equivalent PC spec. Practically achieving that performance takes some time, though!"

Bu bu teh console optimzation is a myth! lmao doh k. This is coming from the guy who thinks SLI doubles the performance of your pc.

By 2x he meant the CPU.....do you know anything how how coding to an API works?

Directx API is dependent on the CPU.

This is why the Mantle API touted by AMD is only really good when you use benchmark comparisons with an underpowered CPU that was originally bottlenecking the GPU.

Also SLI does double performance in a lot of cases now since SLI has been improved.

Take these benchmarks for example.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Oh I always listen to facts, the problem is all you did was spout some more bullshit.

digitalfoundry-2014-metro-redux-what-its-really-like-to-make-a-multi-platform-game

"Oles Shishkovstov: Well obviously they aren't packing the bleeding edge hardware you can buy for PC (albeit for insane amounts of money) today. But they are relatively well-balanced pieces of hardware that are well above what most people have right now, performance-wise. And let's not forget that programming close to the metal will usually mean that we can get 2x performance gain over the equivalent PC spec. Practically achieving that performance takes some time, though!"

Bu bu teh console optimzation is a myth! lmao doh k. This is coming from the guy who thinks SLI doubles the performance of your pc.

This is why the Mantle API touted by AMD is only really good when you use benchmark comparisons with an underpowered CPU that was originally bottlenecking the GPU.

Spin it all you want he said an equivalent spec PC. He wasnt just talking about the CPU. The quotes right there.

Avatar image for DarthaPerkinjan
DarthaPerkinjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 DarthaPerkinjan
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts

Theres 710,000,000 PC gamers so if 10m bought this card thats just 1.4% of hermits?

lol!

hermits bragging about 1.4% of them having this card. While the vast majority still are dual corin' it with intel celerons

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

As long as every multiplat runs and looks better on more PC's than PS4's sold, I'm alright.

Yes because the PS4 is running on fairy dust LOL!

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By monstersfa
Member since 2014 • 398 Posts

@clyde46 said:

You post is complete and utter shit since you make no attempt to refute anything I say.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@monstersfa said:

@CroidX said:

@monstersfa said:

@Jankarcop said:

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/pc-gaming-hardware-market-worth-double-that-of-consoles/

PC gaming hardware market worth double that of consoles

You're so easy to beat in a debate. Remember Cranler, Facts and Citation > Assumptions.

Yet consoles dictate the decisions of most of the major publishers.

PC's most popular games have lower reqs than even last gen multiplats.

A gpu alone can cost more than an entire console.

Still waiting for you to prove you're a pc gamer. It would take you less than a minute to screenshot the proof.

So console are dictating DLC and unfinished games gotcha

Most popular online game on console doesn't even require a next gen console to play

so is this Cranler or Cranler Roommate because of course it can't be either lol

Nope, consoles are dictating how advanced games are.

Unfinished games? That's pc. Wasn't Rome 2 a total mess at launch? What about early access? Warz?

Consoles made the push for MORE content in games. Gears 2 started that.

The most popular pc shooter could run on the original xbox.

League of Legends reqs are far weaker than last gen consoles as well.

lol yea man 900p much

So your cherry picking a few games on the PC and what about Dead Rising 3 13 gb patch which still hasn't fix all the problems or don't forget Froza which was shipped incomplete so what's your point. These Early access games aren't from Major publisher and people already knew what they were getting into when they bought them. They weren't advertise as complete products.

What content?GOW2 lol?

Ah you must now realize but the most popular game on console can run even on playstation.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Spin it all you want he said an equivalent spec PC. He wasnt just talking about the CPU. The quotes right there.

Facts are not dependent on who says them.

If what you said was true then how does an 8800gt perform around 3x better in Crysis 2 compared to consoles?

You really don't know how an API works do you?

And you forgot to respond to my benchmark results for SLI.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

And not by long the gap between ps4 and gamingPC will grow even larger as video card prices plummet.

Sorry, there will always be better PC's than PS4. Multiplats are better on PC, and most games are multiplats.

Thus gaming is better on PC.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

And not by long the gap between ps4 and gamingPC will grow even larger as video card prices plummet.

Sorry, there will always be better PC's than PS4. Multiplats are better on PC, and most games are multiplats.

Thus gaming is better on PC.

What are the specs of your PC?

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

And tell me what recent console game is even innovated but of course its not games like Destiny lol when it takes the worse elements from MMO and non of the good.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Jankarcop

@DarthaPerkinjan said:

Theres 710,000,000 PC gamers so if 10m bought this card thats just 1.4% of hermits?

lol!

hermits bragging about 1.4% of them having this card. While the vast majority still are dual corin' it with intel celerons

You realise thats still more than the amount of PS4's sold right?

And thats just 1 series from 1 company...

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Jankarcop

@monstersfa said:

@Jankarcop said:

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

@monstersfa: and? Pc gets the best version anyway. Half of steam would have the same perfomance NOW not when they decide to upgrade that is IF they want to play those games by the looks of it those people do not aim for multiplats. 30 fps is smoother on console? WUT? I dont think you reallize how fast pc hardware is evolving, the past is not an indication of how pcs will perfom now pc will be lead and then they downgrade for consoles getting a cpu more powerfull than the ps4 is pretty much any 8 core you get and a gpu more powerfull than the ps4 is not that expensive either. In a year or two things will be far better on pc.

Either way consoles are the driving force in the advancement

So you're saying the CEO of Nvidia is a liar? Did you even watch the Nvidia keynote speech?

Source? Citation?................ Anything?

Cranler, time to go to Debate101 class.

Why

Why aren't you sourcing anything?

Can you please prove the Nvidia CEO wrong?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

If what you said was true then how does an 8800gt perform around 3x better in Crysis 2 compared to consoles?

An 8800 GT has 3x better performacne in Crysis 2? I think You mean a 8800 GTX?

And a 8800 GTX cost as much as a PS3 by itself. That would be like me comparing the PS4 to a 780 TI. I never said the PS4 would outperform every GPU , but it will beat a 660( guess what it already does in some games) and most likely a 670.

I didnt respond to your benchmark to SLI because you posted it after the fact. And all your benchmark shows it gets almost double the frames. That doesnt mean your PC is 2x as powerful. The highest end single GPU would be about 3x more powerful then a PS4. You said because you have SLI that it is 7 x more powerful then the PS4? LMAO um no. Thats not how it works. Especailly when you deal with games that have higher quality assets. You will not continue to see double digit frame rate boost . The only reason you are getting double the performance is because those are old games that dont take advantage of the hardware.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

An 8800 GT has 3x better performacne in Crysis 2? I think You mean a 8800 GTX?

And a 8800 GTX cost as much as a PS3 by itself. That would be like me comparing the PS4 to a 780 TI. I never said the PS4 would outperform every GPU , but it will beat a 660( guess what it already does in some games) and most likely a 670.

I didnt respond to your benchmark to SLI because you posted it after the fact. And all your benchmark shows it gets almost double the frames. That doesnt mean your PC is 2x as powerful. The highest end single GPU would be about 3x more powerful then a PS4. You said because you have SLI that it is 7 x more powerful then the PS4? LMAO um no. Thats not how it works. Especailly when you deal with games that have higher quality assets. You will not continue to see double digit frame rate boost . The only reason you are getting double the performance is because those are old games that dont take advantage of the hardware.

The 8800gtx was only a little bit better than the 8800gt which came out around a year later but only for around 200USD.

The 3x crysis 2 remark was about the 8800gt and the benchmark of the 8800gt can be found on Nvidia's own website which shows the 8800gt getting around 42fps average at 1680x1050 (console settings) while consoles constantly dropped to the 20s at resolutions lower than 720p.

The Titan has around 3x the performance of the PS4.

The GTX 970, GTX 780ti and GTX 980 are all above that.

The 780ti is around 15% better than a Titan and the GTX 980 is around 15% better than a 780ti.

The 970 can OC to perform similar or better than a stock 980.

So without taking into account performance increases with new driver updates the GTX 970 will perform around 6.6times better when OCed.

Also those games are utilizing all of the GPU. They stress the GPU to 100% usage.

You really have SLI backwards too. The games that you will not see a 90-100% boost in performance are usually games that are not taxing the GPU. Those games will usually run at such a high frame rate that the CPU can't keep up which will make it bottleneck the GPU and make it perform worse than it should. Which is why at higher resolutions like 1600p and 4k you will see better SLI scaling than 1080p.

Crysis 3 is not an old game and is currently the most demanding game out with some of the newest tech being used in it.

You really like to come up with excuses and pull things straight out of your ass when you are backed into a corner.

Just admit that you were wrong........although you won't.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Jankarcop

Am-Gamer, nothing you are saying is changing the fact that at all times there will be more powerful PC's than PS4's.,

The gap widens at a rapid rate. Just look at last gen.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

lol I like how your cherry picking Farmville and LoL which help give rise an entirely new genre. Leaving out games such as Minecraft that started on the PC. Console games are hardly innovated nowadays *cough Destiny a wannabe MMO that couldn't get non of the stuff right.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: If you think that you are delusional. Do you think the PS4 will stay at 10 Million for long? Nvidia said it sold 10 Million GPUs 6 class and above ? That's been 3 years since those have been out and the PS4 matched that in one year.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

All that matters to me is the games. Killzone 4 might not be on top hardware but damn the lighting system in it sure looks better than any of the games I have on PC at least as far as variety and amount of light sources. It could probably look better on PC but little that helps. Drive Club looks to be more visually stunning than Grid autosport or The Crew on PC...but again, it's not about what could be or what the specs say it should be...but what it is. If devs make exclusives that you find enjoyable then no reason to not have both.

After all, A console is the cost of a video card. I have a 680gtx and I would rather buy a PS4 if I didn't have one than buy a 970 considering all I'd gain is some more frame rates.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@Jankarcop: If you think that you are delusional. Do you think the PS4 will stay at 10 Million for long? Nvidia said it sold 10 Million GPUs 6 class and above ? That's been 3 years since those have been out and the PS4 matched that in one year.

Actually the 600 series came out 2 years ago and most people go for the newest versions of GPUs which used to be the 700 series which came out last year.

The 900 series recently release just a few days ago and are almost all out of stock for every brand and model.

I snagged 2 gigabyte GTX 970s the day they came out and a few hours later they were out of stock.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC: Except nothing I said is wrong. If you honestly think your PC 7x more powerful then a PS4 you are delusional. And while Crysis 3 is a demanding game it is still very old built with last gen consoles in mind. It will be child's play to what's soon to come.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: Except nothing I said is wrong. If you honestly think your PC 7x more powerful then a PS4 you are delusional. And while Crysis 3 is a demanding game it is still very old built with last gen consoles in mind. It will be child's play to what's soon to come.

Cowering in a hole I see.

I clearly explained the performance of each card and the benefits of SLI at higher resolutions and you just ignore that.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC: AND? Do you have any idea how hard it is to push a GPU like that out of a factory? My point is they could have sold 300k and be out of stock.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Actually the 600 series came out 2 years ago and most people go for the newest versions of GPUs which used to be the 700 series which came out last year.

The 900 series recently release just a few days ago and are almost all out of stock for every brand and model.

I snagged 2 gigabyte GTX 970s the day they came out and a few hours later they were out of stock.

Yep, two of the largest pc hardware retailer in my area were all sold out of them. There selling like hot cakes.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 clyde46

@monstersfa said:

@clyde46 said:

You post is complete and utter shit since you make no attempt to refute anything I say.

Because its bullshit, show me evidence of this mystical console FPS smoother...

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Lets also not forget that AMD users exist

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 AM-Gamer

@NoodleFighter: Yes and let's not forget Xbox one exists as well.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 clyde46

@AM-Gamer said:

You make it seem that PC's will suddenly not be able to play next gen multiplats. When games like the new Batman game and TW3 launch we will see what the latest PC hardware can really do.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By AM-Gamer

@clyde46: How? I'm simply saying he's not going to get double the frames on those games with SLI.

And the funny thing is he has at least $2000 dollars on pc components yet the $400 dollar PS4 shows a far larger leap over the PS3 then his $2000 dollar rig does over a PS4. Hence the problem with pc gaming.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

The xbox hardware isn't that good many cards from older series can run games better than it a least above 729p lol. Maybe if they optimize some of these games a little more it would have hit 730p.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@clyde46: How? I'm simply saying he's not going to get double the frames on those games with SLI.

And the funny thing is he has at least $2000 dollars on pc components yet the $400 dollar PS4 shows a far larger leap over the PS3 then his $2000 dollar rig does over a PS4. Hence the problem with pc gaming.

Actually I spent around 1400USD on my PC.

And those components are much better made with higher quality than the ones found in the PS4.

I say at 100% SLI performance which has been pretty close to what has been seen on the benchmarks I have shown that when OCed it performs around 6.6x better than the PS4 and when not Oced it is around 6.3x.

But I will be nice and say 6x the performance just to give you a crutch.

6x the performance for around 1400USD with tax and shipping included.

6 PS4s would cost 2400USD without counting tax or shipping if you need to get it shipped.

So my PC is definitely more bang for buck.

Pic of my PC below before I added the 2 GTX 970 cards.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC: No pc touches console when it comes to bang for the buck. Sorry not even close.

$1400 for your PC? Isn't the GPUs $500 alone?

Edit: nvm you got the 970 was thinking 980. But according to your benchmarks isn't the 780 more powerful then a 970?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@AM-Gamer:

A 2GB GTX 970 is only around 330 dollars

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@NoodleFighter: Yes and let's not forget Xbox one exists as well.

Which is even weaker than the PS4

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@TheFadeForever: the 970 is 4gb

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 clyde46

@AM-Gamer said:

SLI is highly dependent on drivers and if the game even scales to that. I see no problem with PC gaming, sure the people with more money to spend get the best performance but thats the same with everything thing in life. Let me put it this way, his PC can play BF4 at 1080p on Ultra at 60FPS. The PS4 plays the same game with a mixture of high and medium settings at 900p and has trouble maintaining its frame rate.

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: No pc touches console when it comes to bang for the buck. Sorry not even close.

Edit: nvm you got the 970 was thinking 980. But according to your benchmarks isn't the 780 more powerful then a 970?

Maxwell is less about power, efficacy is the name of the game.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

The GTX 970 is between the 780 and 780ti and sometimes it can get pretty close to a 780ti.

Keep in mind the 780ti has had a year for it's drivers to mature while the 970 is barely starting out so future driver updates should increase performance by a little.

The 970 and 980 can also overclock to crazy levels on air cooling.

People have gotten their GTX 970s to 1600mhz core clock and it was shown at that overclock it slightly outperformed a stock GTX 980.

The GTX 980 at stock is around 15% better than the GTX 780ti.

The GTX 970s sell for 330USD each and Tigerdirect has a coupon for 15USD off 100USD or more so I used 2 coupons, one for each card.

To be more precise my total for my PC build was 1460USD but I spent a bit more on my i7 CPU for video editing and compression. An i5 CPU will perform about the same in games but costs around 80-100USD less than an i7.

My PC is much better bang for buck if you consider the performance:price ratio.

If I was to build a low end PC then the PS4 would be better bang for buck but once you go into high end territory then you can get some great deals for the performance offered.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By RyviusARC

@clyde46 said:

@AM-Gamer said:

SLI is highly dependent on drivers and if the game even scales to that. I see no problem with PC gaming, sure the people with more money to spend get the best performance but thats the same with everything thing in life. Let me put it this way, his PC can play BF4 at 1080p on Ultra at 60FPS. The PS4 plays the same game with a mixture of high and medium settings at 900p and has trouble maintaining its frame rate.

Maxwell is less about power, efficacy is the name of the game.

Actually my PC can play Battlefield 4 maxed out at 1600p with 4xAA with an average frame rate of 83.

Heck I can play Battlefield 4 at 4k and still get an average of 46fps.

And this is without overclocking it.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@dakan45: anyone can build a workstation it all depends on the parts. That workstation will require a good graphic card and fast cpu ram to run monster softwares such as autocad and cinema art studio , sony director etc. Build yourself top of line game system n you got yourself a workstation lol man these people try to sound smart about workstation. How about get a playstation To have best of both world.

Anyways back to topic those half millions I was talking about from my first post is that they are building a workstation with that graphic card. Dont try to change subject and brimg the workstation 4 in the discusion

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

The damage control is amazing, and I love how consolites can draw their on lines in the sand about whats "important".

How many PS4's have sold purely on hype and to people who only play CoD and Fifa ...? considering in every damn game store I go in thats all they ever advertise.... hardly games that push the systems are they?

Hell... the most played game on Xbox360/PSN consistantly is MINECRAFT. shove your double standards where the son doesn't shine boys...

Easily more GPU's out there in player's hands than there are console PS4/X1 gamers. also take in other advantages (Processers not being week ass mobile cpu's that barely compare to very early quad cores.)

This so much.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By RyviusARC

@inb4uall said:

@MBirdy88 said:

The damage control is amazing, and I love how consolites can draw their on lines in the sand about whats "important".

How many PS4's have sold purely on hype and to people who only play CoD and Fifa ...? considering in every damn game store I go in thats all they ever advertise.... hardly games that push the systems are they?

Hell... the most played game on Xbox360/PSN consistantly is MINECRAFT. shove your double standards where the son doesn't shine boys...

Easily more GPU's out there in player's hands than there are console PS4/X1 gamers. also take in other advantages (Processers not being week ass mobile cpu's that barely compare to very early quad cores.)

This so much.

I think my 2009 Phenom II x4 965 from my old PC build is better than what is in consoles.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Jankarcop

@AM-Gamer said:

You're a fucking moron if you don't think cards and their owners will continue to outpace consoles. GFX card prices will drop in price every few years to the point where a $50 gpu will wreck a PS4 in 2-3 years. This happened mid-way last gen and by the end of the gen the amount of people who had a PC better than ps3 were staggering.

It happens every gen...It's a big gap. Deal with it.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

So Newegg has a GTX 680 at $659.

PS4 = $500.

So yeah...you can praise PC gaming all you want about double standards....but who are the ones that say PC gaming is cheaper?

Either way...lots of ppl don't feel like spending $500 on a just a GPU. Many ppl just want good looking games without having to spend a lot of money. The PS4 and consoles in general are perfect for that.

And before anyone says the "peasant" thing....most if not all console gamers have a PC....if it's just a mediocre PC to email, facebook and interwebs on. With that they could spend that on a quality PC (I've said this before to console gamers).....but some ppl just like the games on console.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Wait, Jankarcop is a hermit once again?

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 AM-Gamer

@clyde46: That's BS about BF4. There is nothing on the PS4 version equivalent to medium. It's a mix of high and Ultra and please stop using a bad launch port as to what the consoles can do and if you are at least list the proper settings.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@mr_huggles_dog said:

So Newegg has a GTX 680 at $659.

PS4 = $500.

So yeah...you can praise PC gaming all you want about double standards....but who are the ones that say PC gaming is cheaper?

Either way...lots of ppl don't feel like spending $500 on a just a GPU. Many ppl just want good looking games without having to spend a lot of money. The PS4 and consoles in general are perfect for that.

And before anyone says the "peasant" thing....most if not all console gamers have a PC....if it's just a mediocre PC to email, facebook and interwebs on. With that they could spend that on a quality PC (I've said this before to console gamers).....but some ppl just like the games on console.

MHD, haven't messaged you in a while, you goin' all right?

oh yeah a premium experience will carry a premium price tag. i know pc gaming can be cheaper, but as you correctly point out - it can also be very expensive. essentially the level of performance is a reflection of the level of investment.

but yes consoles like the ps4, they do what they do very well - and the price is right.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 AM-Gamer

@Jankarcop: You are a fucking moron period. Within 4 years there will over 50 million PS4s sold . If you think there will be 50 million people with more powerful pcs you are fucking delusional. PC sales are at a all time low and right when onboard components can finally match a console a new one will be on the way. Enjoy your diminishing returns .