AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@RyviusARC: Except a 660 isn't more powerful then a PS4. And a 670 won't outperform PS4 for long.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#102 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

half of those 10 million are either XBMC users, graphic designers, or video editors.

no, video editing doesnt take uber rigs, besides if you wann do 3d design for real, you get something seriosuly powerfull like a workstation.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@parkurtommo: you would have to be an idiot with no understanding of basic math to think it's a significant number.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104  Edited By DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

Console fanboys are pretty desperate to try and debunk these number using baseless assumption like pc gamer somehow keeping a collection of GPU that cost hundreds of dollars they bought last year.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 dakan45
@monstersfa said:

@effec_tor said:

PC gamers that buy the latest GPUs are pushing the gaming industry forward.

We all should be grateful!

Consolites who buy the latest consoles are pushing the industry forward. Now that the new consoles are out the outdated games with tacked on dx11 effects will be phased out in favor of games built from the ground up for the new consoles.

Actually by the looks of it everything is made on pc. They start making games on pc a year or two ago then port it to cosnoles.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: Except a 660 isn't more powerful then a PS4. And a 670 won't outperform PS4 for long.

The 670 will magically become weaker than a ps4 in the next year thnx to the magic of optimization

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#107 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@CroidX said:

@DarthRamms said:

@parkurtommo said:

@DarthRamms said:

@parkurtommo:

still wouldn't be in the millions or anywhere close

Of course not.

so where you getting the notion their are suppose hundreds of hardware sites in the US

lol hundreds? Most of them would be dead sites with hardly anyone visiting them

Yep that's exactly it. A lot of these sites are pretty dead, but they still keep doing benchmarks and reviews of cards. Maybe they just buy the cards, benchmark them, and use them for personal use as well. *shrug*

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@parkurtommo said:

@CroidX said:

@DarthRamms said:

@parkurtommo said:

@DarthRamms said:

@parkurtommo:

still wouldn't be in the millions or anywhere close

Of course not.

so where you getting the notion their are suppose hundreds of hardware sites in the US

lol hundreds? Most of them would be dead sites with hardly anyone visiting them

Yep that's exactly it. A lot of these sites are pretty dead, but they still keep doing benchmarks and reviews of cards. Maybe they just buy the cards, benchmark them, and use them for personal use as well. *shrug*

How would these sites exist when nobody is visiting them it would cost money to buy the card in order to benchmark them and maintain the site.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@CroidX said:

@iwasgood2u said:

half of those 10 million are either XBMC users, graphic designers, or video editors.

so ah they can't be gamers as well or something

no because they game on consoles using wireless controllers while multitasking on their pc doing heavy work during downtime or waiting for a game to load. that's how you can be productive. you can't switch between work and games on a pc it may either slow down or crash the pc. :P

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@iwasgood2u said:

@CroidX said:

@iwasgood2u said:

no because they game on consoles using wireless controllers while multitasking on their pc doing heavy work during downtime or waiting for a game to load. that's how you can be productive. you can't switch between work and games on a pc it may either slow down or crash the pc. :P

Professional Graphic designers tend to get what you call a workstation.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@iwasgood2u said:

@CroidX said:

@iwasgood2u said:

¬_¬

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@iwasgood2u said:

@CroidX said:

@iwasgood2u said:

Dude wat? Stop talking bullshit.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 clyde46

@dakan45 said:

@iwasgood2u said:

no, video editing doesnt take uber rigs, besides if you wann do 3d design for real, you get something seriosuly powerfull like a workstation.

Dude wut? Video editing does take an uber rig. You want to try editing uncompressed video on a dual core 2GB of ram PC.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Oh lord look at all this damage control

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 monstersfa
Member since 2014 • 398 Posts

@dakan45 said:
@monstersfa said:

@effec_tor said:

Consolites who buy the latest consoles are pushing the industry forward. Now that the new consoles are out the outdated games with tacked on dx11 effects will be phased out in favor of games built from the ground up for the new consoles.

Actually by the looks of it everything is made on pc. They start making games on pc a year or two ago then port it to cosnoles.

Multiplat devs priority is consoles.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By DeathLordCrime

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:
@monstersfa said:

@effec_tor said:

900p/30fps and 729p/30fps console race

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 NFJSupreme

@AM-Gamer said:

You really don't know how optimization works if you believe that

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 monstersfa

@deathlordcrime said:

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

About half of steam will have the same performance or less plus 30 fps is smoother on console.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@monstersfa said:

@Jankarcop said:

Jesus the damage control from the trolls in this thread has been atrocious. @Cranler, just stop digging your own grave.

We still don't even know what cards the nvidia rep is even talking about.

Atleast we have a data figure now. 10million. Not even including ATI.

What have you got? Why don't you ever post links or data, why is it always "I think"?

Annoying.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Jankarcop

@monstersfa said:

@effec_tor said:

Consolites who buy the latest consoles are pushing the industry forward.

Not according to the NVIDIA CEO, watch the youtube in the OP. PC is basically driving forward all their tech. I have a feeling the same is for ATI. Just watch the vid. NVIDIA CEO > CRANLER. Are you saying he's lying? Citation?

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/pc-gaming-hardware-market-worth-double-that-of-consoles/

PC gaming hardware market worth double that of consoles.

You're so easy to beat in a debate. Debating101: Remember Cranler, Facts and Citation > Assumptions.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 DeathLordCrime

@monstersfa said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

About half of steam will have the same performance or less plus 30 fps is smoother on console.

assumption that basically all this damage control has come to

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Jankarcop

@monstersfa said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

1.According to the NVIDIA CEO, more PC's will run better than PS4's. Why should we listen to non-sourced information over the Nvidia CEO?

2. Half of steam is like quadruple the amount of PS4's. Damn, PC Master Race.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NFJSupreme

@monstersfa said:

@deathlordcrime said:

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

lol so this is your white flag I see

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 monstersfa

@Jankarcop said:

@monstersfa said:

http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/pc-gaming-hardware-market-worth-double-that-of-consoles/

PC gaming hardware market worth double that of consoles

You're so easy to beat in a debate. Remember Cranler, Facts and Citation > Assumptions.

Yet consoles dictate the decisions of most of the major publishers.

PC's most popular games have lower reqs than even last gen multiplats.

A gpu alone can cost more than an entire console.

Still waiting for you to prove you're a pc gamer. It would take you less than a minute to screenshot the proof.

CroidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By CroidX
Member since 2013 • 1561 Posts

@monstersfa said:

@Jankarcop said:

@monstersfa said:

You're so easy to beat in a debate. Remember Cranler, Facts and Citation > Assumptions.

Still waiting for you to prove you're a pc gamer. It would take you less than a minute to screenshot the proof.

So console are dictating DLC and unfinished games gotcha

Most popular online game on console doesn't even require a next gen console to play

so is this Cranler or Cranler Roommate because of course it can't be either lol

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Jankarcop

@monstersfa said:

@Jankarcop said:

@monstersfa said:

Un-sourced.

I'm sorry. Without citation I think i'm going to have to take the word of Nvidia's CEO and research firm JPR. In the OP's video, the CEO flat out says PC is driving forward tech....the guy who owns the TOP GPU COMPANY IN THE WORLD, jesus dude. Take a HINT.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Is that sold to retailers or sold to customers.

Personally, I don't think the GTX 680 is going to run games "like butter" with this upcoming gen. So, I don't think it really matters that 10 million ppl bought a card that won't run new games @1080p 60fps. I mean...I have a GTX 680 and I can't run Farcry 3 at 1080p 60fps.

So...whatever.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NFJSupreme

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Personally, I don't think the GTX 680 is going to run games "like butter" with this upcoming gen. So, I don't think it really matters that 10 million ppl bought a card that won't run new games @1080p 60fps. I mean...I have a GTX 680 and I can't run Farcry 3 at 1080p 60fps.

So...whatever.

you mean at max settings right? Cause my 7950 runs it at 1080p and 60fps no problem with appropriate settings. Do people really just turn up to max and live with the results instead of adjusting the game to fit their rig? I mean with some tinkering you can get some pretty amazing fidelity in far cry 3 and still never dip below 60fps at 1080p. We aren't alking low or even medium settings here either. A mix of of max and near max should do the trick. Or just turn off AA for far cry 3 because honestly for that game it's not needed because of the natural black border everything seems to have. I play all my games at 1080p and 60fps and I usually only upgrade when I feel the graphical fidelity i'm getting at 1080p and 60fps is to far away from what the game looks like at max settings. Although I'll probably end up upgrading next year anyway just because of that new hardware itch. Just waiting till we have new hardware from both Nvidia and AMD so I can make the appropriate choice.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By clyde46

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So...whatever.

We have no idea. Lots of production houses will buy thousands of them, benchmarkers buy lots. People who run GPU farms for various reasons buy lots. GPU's have more uses than just playing games. My 580 had trouble with that game. It was the first game that I couldn't truly max.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@AM-Gamer said:

Haha, maybe if the 670 lowers it's power consumption after a while to save power, just as there where plasma TVs a while back that gradually lowered the contrast level as it was used to save display life but initially fool the consumer that it was a really good TV.
Console optimization is real but some people just blow it out of proportion. It's safe to say that ps4 will always be behind a gtx 670 with a decent cpu. The ps4 will eventually outperform a similarly powerful pc though, which would be a low-end cpu coupled with a hd 7850 OC.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

So...whatever.

*facepalm*

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 monstersfa

@CroidX said:

@monstersfa said:

@Jankarcop said:

So console are dictating DLC and unfinished games gotcha

Most popular online game on console doesn't even require a next gen console to play

so is this Cranler or Cranler Roommate because of course it can't be either lol

Nope, consoles are dictating how advanced games are.

Unfinished games? That's pc. Wasn't Rome 2 a total mess at launch? What about early access? Warz?

Consoles made the push for MORE content in games. Gears 2 started that.

The most popular pc shooter could run on the original xbox.

League of Legends reqs are far weaker than last gen consoles as well.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By dakan45

@monstersfa: and? Pc gets the best version anyway. Half of steam would have the same perfomance NOW not when they decide to upgrade that is IF they want to play those games by the looks of it those people do not aim for multiplats. 30 fps is smoother on console? WUT? I dont think you reallize how fast pc hardware is evolving, the past is not an indication of how pcs will perfom now pc will be lead and then they downgrade for consoles getting a cpu more powerfull than the ps4 is pretty much any 8 core you get and a gpu more powerfull than the ps4 is not that expensive either. In a year or two things will be far better on pc.

@clyde46: dual core with 2gb ram is as low end as it gets nowdays. You dont need freaking GTXs to edit a freaking video.

@mr_huggles_dog You joking right? a gtx 660 maxes out that game easilly.

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By monstersfa

@dakan45 said:

@monstersfa: and? Pc gets the best version anyway. Half of steam would have the same perfomance NOW not when they decide to upgrade that is IF they want to play those games by the looks of it those people do not aim for multiplats. 30 fps is smoother on console? WUT? I dont think you reallize how fast pc hardware is evolving, the past is not an indication of how pcs will perfom now pc will be lead and then they downgrade for consoles getting a cpu more powerfull than the ps4 is pretty much any 8 core you get and a gpu more powerfull than the ps4 is not that expensive either. In a year or two things will be far better on pc.

Either way consoles are the driving force in the advancement of games.

google "30 fps is smoother on consoles"

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 dakan45

@monstersfa: There is nothing to google 30 fps locked is 30 fps locked there is no diffirence between consoles and pc in terms of fps,

As for consoles "advancing" games... you got that right cosnoles are the reason games are samey pew pew clones and sequels, consoles are the reason games like resident evil and tomb raider turned into shooters.

This is not an advancement its a freaking disaster. Pc on the other hand drives innovation.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By clyde46

@dakan45: Spoken like someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. You do know that many production houses run workstations with Xeons and Quadro cards right?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Gears 2 pushed for more content in games? XDDDDD

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

The PS4 is around the performance of a GTX 570.

The 660 is more powerful than a GTX 570 and can be OCed to perform even better than a GTX 580.

The PS4 is already stressed and won't do any better.

This is not like last gen where devs had no clue how to work with the hardware they were given.

This gen the hardware is easy to develop games for and any disadvantages from PC api like directx will affect the CPU not the GPU.

The GTX 670 will always outperform the PS4 by quite a bit.

Just like how the 8800gt still destroys the PS3 and 360.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#139 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

geez, going by these benchmarks they probably overpaid. Then again what do I know? Benchmarks don't mean much to people with 680s.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC: Yea I'm going to have to take the advice of devs over you and looking at upcoming games it already looks like both consoles are showing major improvements.

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 monstersfa

@dakan45 said:

@monstersfa: There is nothing to google 30 fps locked is 30 fps locked there is no diffirence between consoles and pc in terms of fps,

As for consoles "advancing" games... you got that right cosnoles are the reason games are samey pew pew clones and sequels, consoles are the reason games like resident evil and tomb raider turned into shooters.

This is not an advancement its a freaking disaster. Pc on the other hand drives innovation.

Sorry but it's not as simple as that. 30 fps simply looks smoother on console than pc.

I'm speaking of technical advancement. Notice how multiplats have higher reqs now than most pc exclusives.

Speaking of shooters, Borderlands 2 pc version has more players than Wasteland 2. RE 4 came out when pc was still the shooter platform.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Jankarcop

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

Either way consoles are the driving force in the advancement

So you're saying the CEO of Nvidia is a liar? Did you even watch the Nvidia keynote speech?

Source? Citation?................ Anything?

Cranler, time to go to Debate101 class.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 clyde46

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

Sorry but it's not as simple as that. 30 fps simply looks smoother on console than pc.

I'm speaking of technical advancement. Notice how multiplats have higher reqs now than most pc exclusives.

Speaking of shooters, Borderlands 2 pc version has more players than Wasteland 2. RE 4 came out when pc was still the shooter platform.

Stop talking bullshit man.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By RyviusARC

@miiiiv said:
@RyviusARC said:

@aroxx_ab said:

@RyviusARC said:

So way more than 10 million people have Computers more powerful than the PS4.

The GTX 970 and 980 are flying off the shelves right now.

I already bought 2 GTX 970s for about 7x the performance of the PS4.

But if all buy like 2 graphic cards of same model (LOL not good enough to only use one?) only 5million people have computers more powerful than Ps4

You do know that there are many other video cards that are stronger than the PS4.

For AMD there is - OCed 6950, 6970, 6990, OCed 7850, 7870,7870XT, 7950, 7970, 7990, Oced 265, 270, 270x, 280, 280x, 285, 290, 290x, 295x2

For Nvidia there is - OCed 480, Oced 570, 580, 660, 660ti, 670,680,690, Oced 750ti, 760, 760ti, 770, 780, 780ti, Titan, Titan Black, Titan Z, 970, 980

And that is leaving out SLI/Crossfire and Laptop GPUs.

To be certain that the pc actually performs better than the ps4 (since consoles preform better than a pc with similarly power, it not a myth but some people like to blow it way out of proportion) and will continue perform better, I would remove a couple of cards on your list. So that the pc has at least 40-50% more gpu power just to be sure.

All those cards can be OCed by quite a bit. The weakest ones on the list my not be a big jump in performance of the PS4 but they can perform slightly better with a good OC.

And it really is a myth on optimization for GPUs since the consoles only get a benefit from coding to metal but the directx API on PC doesn't really hurt the GPU side it's really a bad thing for CPUs but not GPUs.

That is why PCs tend to need a much better CPU to not bottleneck their games but directx has gotten more efficient over time with 11 and the upcoming 12. Directx 9 was a lot worse.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By RyviusARC

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC: Yea I'm going to have to take the advice of devs over you and looking at upcoming games it already looks like both consoles are showing major improvements.

Go ahead and plug your ears. I know you don't listen to facts.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@monstersfa said:

Nope, consoles are dictating how advanced games are.

Unfinished games? That's pc. Wasn't Rome 2 a total mess at launch? What about early access? Warz?

Consoles made the push for MORE content in games. Gears 2 started that.

The most popular pc shooter could run on the original xbox.

League of Legends reqs are far weaker than last gen consoles as well.

I assume that you mean Half Life 2. It runs quite well on pc with a geforce 4 ti 4200, which is about equivalent to the xbox gpu.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 AM-Gamer

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Oh I always listen to facts, the problem is all you did was spout some more bullshit.

digitalfoundry-2014-metro-redux-what-its-really-like-to-make-a-multi-platform-game

"Oles Shishkovstov: Well obviously they aren't packing the bleeding edge hardware you can buy for PC (albeit for insane amounts of money) today. But they are relatively well-balanced pieces of hardware that are well above what most people have right now, performance-wise. And let's not forget that programming close to the metal will usually mean that we can get 2x performance gain over the equivalent PC spec. Practically achieving that performance takes some time, though!"

Bu bu teh console optimzation is a myth! lmao doh k. This is coming from the guy who thinks SLI doubles the performance of your pc.

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By monstersfa

@Jankarcop said:

@monstersfa said:

@dakan45 said:

Either way consoles are the driving force in the advancement

So you're saying the CEO of Nvidia is a liar? Did you even watch the Nvidia keynote speech?

Source? Citation?................ Anything?

Cranler, time to go to Debate101 class.

Why is the average multiplat far more demanding than the average pc exclusive? Why are all the most popular pc games technically outdated?

@clyde46 said:

@monstersfa said:

Stop talking bullshit man.

Google it and do some reading. Console games have some kind of smoothing effect going on.

@NoodleFighter said:

Gears 2 pushed for more content in games? XDDDDD

It has sp campaign, full mp, offline mp with bots and splitscreen, horde modes. Lot's of bang for the buck. After that CoD added their own horde type mode called Spec Ops, Halo added firefight same with Uncharted. Yes Gears 2 started a good trend in gaming which is the opposite of what UT and Quake 3 did by switching to mp only.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Jankarcop

@AM-Gamer said:

@RyviusARC said:

@AM-Gamer said:

Oh I always listen to facts,

As long as every multiplat runs and looks better on more PC's than PS4's sold, I'm alright.