:}gears of war vs resistance fall of man

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ki11er_hamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ki11er_hamster
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I think that resistance is better than gears of war. Gears of war just become the same thing over and over again. unlike resistance its different. more monsters etc. Xbox 360 live its rubbish on it only 8 people a game unlike resistance 40 a game....

BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts
Ratings. The end.
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts

I think that resistance is better than gears of war. Gears of war just become the same thing over and over again. unlike resistance its different. more monsters etc. Xbox 360 live its rubbish on it only 8 people a game unlike resistance 40 a game....

ki11er_hamster

Resitance flopped lola nd has ugly graphics. Gears is more deep and exciting . PSn is very rubbish with lag and it's just an ordinary fps.I can do that too you know.
gamefreak5590

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gamefreak5590
Member since 2005 • 412 Posts
Ratings. The end.BigDaddyPOLO
ratings?!?!? ITS one person's opinion of each game. System Wars is crazy thats why i try to stay out as much as i can. But i like to come and see everyone saying crazy things once in a while. BTW resistance vs gears is kinda old.
Avatar image for XboxUnderground
XboxUnderground

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 XboxUnderground
Member since 2003 • 20965 Posts
Resistance is just one big generic PoS Gears is one of the best games ever no contest
Weslii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Weslii
Member since 2007 • 2309 Posts
[QUOTE="BigDaddyPOLO"]Ratings. The end.gamefreak5590
ratings?!?!? ITS one person's opinion of each game.

System wars standards. Sorry mate.
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
gears owned resistance, you cant say that resistance is the better game
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Gears of War is far better in every single way. It's no contest.
crazyjames1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 crazyjames1080
Member since 2006 • 7377 Posts
Resistance looks more fun.
purplemidgets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 purplemidgets
Member since 2002 • 3103 Posts
They're both derivative.
dimar19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dimar19
Member since 2006 • 4608 Posts
I think that resistance is better than gears of war. Gears of war just become the same thing over and over again. unlike resistance its different. more monsters etc. ki11er_hamster

Resistance - mediocre CoD/HL mix. GeOW - totally original.

Gameplay: GeOW >>>>>>>>> Resistance.
Graphics: GeOW >>>>>>>> Resistance

/thread
blackstelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 blackstelth
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
XboxUndergrour - I am going to have to disagree that resistance is generic. Let's not forget that Resistance is a launch game and Gears of War is basically second generation 360 game. Gears of War by all accounts should be superior to resistance; but playing both, I think resistance is more fun. After finishing the game with my son (Gears of Wars), it was one of the most disappointing endings of a game I have ever seen.
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
[QUOTE="BigDaddyPOLO"]Ratings. The end.gamefreak5590
ratings?!?!? ITS one person's opinion of each game. System Wars is crazy thats why i try to stay out as much as i can. But i like to come and see everyone saying crazy things once in a while. BTW resistance vs gears is kinda old.

How many GOTY awards has Gears won? Now compare that number to Resistance's...:|
BigDizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BigDizz
Member since 2004 • 2592 Posts
Lawl don't take a level 1 with 18 posts seriously.
Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

ki11er_hamster
Yeah this must be the reason Gears of War has had the most awards of any game in such a long time.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
XboxUndergrour - I am going to have to disagree that resistance is generic. Let's not forget that Resistance is a launch game and Gears of War is basically second generation 360 game. Gears of War by all accounts should be superior to resistance; but playing both, I think resistance is more fun. After finishing the game with my son (Gears of Wars), it was one of the most disappointing endings of a game I have ever seen. blackstelth
GEOW and RFOM(1-8) were both shown at e3 05 in playable form,how can one be 2nd gen and the other first gen?
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
Dude. I've just rented Gears for a second time, and will be buying it soon. The firefights are not the same. The locust and your teammates can act very differently each playthrough most of the time. The enemies are smart enough to almost always present a challenge to kill. They duck for cover, run to cover, flank, team up. You name it, they do it. Resistance and Gears are too waaaaaay different games. One is a TPS with heavily implemented cover. The other is an FPS with a lot of crazy guns and what seems to be less tactical gameplay and more focused on fighting with an array of awesome guns in really twisted and fast combat. They are way too different to make a fair comparison.
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
Gears is a great game I never played resistance but lemmings do over rate gears a lot.
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
Lets see
Gameplay: Well they are very different, Resistance plays like a standard FPS on steroids, has great weapons and a great variety of enemies. Plus the game can take 11-13 hours to beat on normal. Vehicles...
Gears plays like a much more polished and interesting Killswitch. That said there are very few weapons and enemies. The game also only take 6-8 hours to beat on its highest difficuly settings.
Resistance wins by a small margin

Graphics:
Gears clearly wins on the graphic department overall

Multiplayer:
Resistance can support up to 40 players in a variety of  different game types with no lag. Also comes with nice customization options and ranking system.
Gears support up to 8 players in a few game types with no lag but you have to pay for online.
A 8 player Resistance game is alot less enjoyable than a 8 player Gears game though. so it is a tie.

Story:
Resistance= deep story with no character development
Gears = no story with some memorable characters.

Overal: Resistance wins in my opinion which happens to be an absolute truth.....