Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Acquisition/Mergers is a good way of being strong these days of global financial crisis. Now, there had been several gmae company mergers/acquisitions the past months. Which copmany should Square Enix acquire in your opinion? Or, do you think it will be better if they stay as is?
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
Since most predictions nowadays are stating that the japanese game industry is slowly dying I think it was a wise move for SE to purchase Eidos, one that most likely should be repeated, it would be good for the company to solidify it's foothold in westerm gaming.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
The only game that I really loved from Eidos is their Commandos series.
Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 lightwarrior179
Member since 2006 • 3422 Posts

I agree with Fenian that since there are slight signs in the recent years that Japanese gaming might be slowly dying,it is never bad for SE to gain a foothold in the West.

I think that they should try to acquire those companies which have considerable influence in both the Western and Japanese markets. I know that such a requirement would shorten down the list to a few developers,but still it's nonetheless worth a shot. I think they should acquire Bungie. :lol: Now that would be something!

Also,I don't think too high about Eidos if it wasn't for their Deus Ex, Commandos and Hitman games. 

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

NOOOOOOOOOO!

LONG LIVE JAPANESE GAMES!!!!

there, i said my peace - hmph :P That being said, i think SE should merge with no one because competition makes the games better, IMHO... not to mention the fact that the economy is stabilizing and there will be a boom in all entertainment fields shortly :) 

Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fenian_lostsoul

NOOOOOOOOOO!

there, i said my peace - hmph :P That being said, i think SE should merge with no one because competition makes the games better, IMHO... not to mention the fact that the economy is stabilizing and there will be a boom in all entertainment fields shortly :) 

SymonDezyn

I hear you friend, I hope though that it ever really dies I'm not longer living in this country by then :P

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lightwarrior179

NOOOOOOOOOO!

SymonDezyn

I too want to believe and stand by your opinion,mam! But unfortunately,the indications of Japanese gaming market are often suggesting otherwise. I think with a little bit of innovation and an attempt to come out of the thought of "make games only for my countrymen", they can succeed to a little more extent. :D  

Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fenian_lostsoul
[QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]

NOOOOOOOOOO!

lightwarrior179

I too want to believe and stand by your opinion,mam! But unfortunately,the indications of Japanese gaming market are often suggesting otherwise. I think with a little bit of innovation and an attempt to come out of the thought of "make games only for my countrymen", they can succeed to a little more extent. :D  

Well capcom is certainly trying on that front.

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lightwarrior179
[QUOTE="lightwarrior179"][QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Fenian_lostsoul

Agreed! And if SE continues venturing further into Western market like this,soon they will join Capcom as well.

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lightwarrior179
[QUOTE="lightwarrior179"][QUOTE="SymonDezyn"]

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Fenian_lostsoul

Agreed! And if SE continues venturing further into Western market like this,soon they will join Capcom as well.

Unabomber256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Unabomber256
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts
Sega. So we can see an endless string of terrible Sonic RPGs. :P
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lightwarrior179

Sega. So we can see an endless string of terrible Sonic RPGs. :PUnabomber256

Sega has done pretty good this year. MadWorld has certainly drawn everybody's attention and the Conduit looks promising. 

D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#13 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
Capcom so SE can continue the Breath of Fire series.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

Hey guys...firstly, I'm new here. I would post in the Introductions thread, but I'm not good at formal introductions. If this is an issue, I can post there to humor you. Otherwise...

I think Square Enix is in a good position where they are without any more mergers. The Eidos merger doesn't do anything for me at all, because other than Deus Ex there wasn't an Eidos series I care about. If Square Enix HAD to merge with someone, I think an Atlus merger would at least be interesting and entertaining.

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

HI Jalexbrown! welcome!

i love Atlus, but i want to see them remain independent.... they have done an amazing job of creating great quality, entertaining games that satisfy existing SMT fans but also draw in new players with their freshness.... i'd hate to see that watered down, even by SE. 

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
I would love to see Square Enix and Blizzard merge together.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

I would love to see Square Enix and Blizzard merge together.ZhenDash

Then they would make a final fantasy MMORPG... what a joke! :lol:

Oh wait... Final Fantasy XIV Online... :shock:

Soramoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Soramoi
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

i missed Xenosaga series so i i'm sure if Konami merage with SE they will continue Xenosaga ( after years, before crisis.. bla bla bla) -,-"

Oh Yeah! i wouldn't imagine how Winning Eleven is going to be XD ... Turn-Base-Soccor ? :P
or maybe we'll see cloud and sephiroth playing along with Barcelona club :P ?! i'm sure its the first thing SE will do :P ...
OMG .. i can't imagine another series of FF called " Blitz soccor ball " which you can see cloud against Ronaldinho XD oh my...

nightmares!~ :S 

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#19 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

What if they acquired a company like Epic Games? Then make a third-person-shooter-fantasy-roll-playing-game! :o

Soramoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Soramoi
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts
Gears of Fantasy you mean :p ? they allready made FFDOC :p they should think about something else lol
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lightwarrior179

Gears of Fantasy you mean :p ? they allready made FFDOC :p they should think about something else lolSoramoi

Nooo!! Leave Gears and SE alone!

nim22ama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nim22ama
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

Squaresoft is the best game company in the world and should never merge with anyone... oh wait. :(

Yeah, merging with another company isn't the way to go. Squaresoft were great and I'll admit that SquareEnix are also very good, but not as good as Squaresoft during their golden age. They already have Taito and Eidos. They should take it easy for a few years and stick with what they have at the moment. Eidos does have some interesting IPs, even if I'm not their biggest fan. Deus EX and Thief comes to mind.

My dream game would be a game done by SquareEnix and Bioware. *explodes*

HushRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 HushRong
Member since 2008 • 13183 Posts

They're good as is i'd have to say.

but if they worked with Konami on a title...that would be mindblowing. those two companies have produced the most deepest stories and some of the best gaming ever experienced in my opinion. in reality, they have also produced games that have made people cry...thats pretty good work when it comes to bringing a character and their story to life.

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lightwarrior179

Squaresoft is the best game company in the world and should never merge with anyone... oh wait. :(

Yeah, merging with another company isn't the way to go. Squaresoft were great and I'll admit that SquareEnix are also very good, but not as good as Squaresoft during their golden age. They already have Taito and Eidos. They should take it easy for a few years and stick with what they have at the moment. Eidos does have some interesting IPs, even if I'm not their biggest fan. Deus EX and Thief comes to mind.

My dream game would be a game done by SquareEnix and Bioware. *explodes*

nim22ama

*explodes as well*

But then,I don't think SE and Bioware would be such a good idea. They have different styles of making games and such a merger would result in a conflict of "styles",IMO. ;) 

nim22ama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nim22ama
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

True, that's why it's only a dream. It could never happen.

I'm justimgaining how it could be. Bioware makes the story and square Enix does the gameplay. They then both work on design and music. It could have the possibility of pure awesomeness. These tow companies are the ones I like most. That's mostly why a game from them would be cool. Note: I'm not talking about a merger. More like a one time dream team. *Looks at Chrono Trigger and smiles*