souledge959

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 souledge959
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts
I often wonder after the new FF and KH3 what then ( excluding another FF) what new game or even idea have they put on the table. Now I'm not putting them down I just think it's time for them to step up with a powerful game than FF or kingdom hearts ( for all you fan-boys out there)
Avatar image for lightwarrior179
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 lightwarrior179
Member since 2006 • 3422 Posts

You forgot Dragon Quest. DQVIII was a major success both in Japan and in the West, so the next console iteration of DQ is definitely big.

It's not like SE haven't done anything outside FF and KH at all. You don't have to go much back to see that they've made Infinite Undiscovery,Star Ocean 4 (both with Tri-Ace) as well as Last Remnant (which is yet to come out for PS3)which does show that they are trying their best to come out of the shadows of the FFs,KH and DQ. And then,they've been busy remaking all their old games on the handhelds to a fair amount of success.

Some might say that they should stop making such remakes and ports,but when a developer boasts of a past-catalogue that is as powerful as SE's one cannot blame them for "encashing" (to put it in a slightly harsh manner) on their past achievements.

souledge959

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 souledge959

ok ok I starocen is up there on the bad ass scale I'm sorry I forgot but DQ come on

lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lightwarrior179

ok ok I starocen is up there on the bad ass scale I'm sorry I forgot but DQ come on

souledge959

Look,DQ may not be the most likeable game for the "new-age" JRPG fans,but there are gamers who still prefer JRPGs to be turn-based and plots that (however epic they may be)should still feature some old-school plotlines. Now,I agree that this may not be everyone's "cup of tea",but there are a fair amount of gamers who love games like these. You can't ask DQ series to be revolutionary. It's a series that is based on a totally different idea,as I said. Another very popular example of such "nostalgic drive" in recent times is Lost Odyssey.

souledge959

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 souledge959
I'm sorry if I hit a soft spot I never rely played DQ my self but when you say lost Odyssey I meant games that if you said in a crowd like final fantasy many of people would respond with mounds of info or at least and I quote from my Friend " Final fantasy there not that final are they."
eicole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 eicole
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

i think KH will be next...

i think star ocean will not have any sequels or any game particularly from the star ocean franchise..

FF will still make it but maybe after some years

no1gamefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 no1gamefan
Member since 2008 • 989 Posts
Anybody thinking about a TWEWY sequel. I think that one would be awesome.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
Lost Odyssey was a cut above, hands down. I'd like to se SE take that approach on a game (which they did with Last Remnant, to a degree) and make it nostalgic, yet new and fresh. Where LO excels that SE needs work is in character development... many of SE's characters of late, have been flat, underdeveloped or just flat out annoying. I hope to see some improvement in the FFXIII characters... they seem good, so far, but only spending hours with them will tell if we can be friends or not :lol:
D3dr0_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 232

#9 D3dr0_0
Member since 2008 • 3530 Posts
A new Chrono game would be great :D
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts

A new Chrono game would be great :DD3dr0_0

ditto

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Oh yeah! Bring out Chrono Break! :D :P
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
A better title please xD
lightwarrior179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lightwarrior179

I'm sorry if I hit a soft spot I never rely played DQ my self but when you say lost Odyssey I meant games that if you said in a crowd like final fantasy many of people would respond with mounds of info or at least and I quote from my Friend " Final fantasy there not that final are they."souledge959

I don't quite get what you're trying to say. But if you're saying that Lost Odyssey may not be that well known outside the JRPG circles as well as FF is, then you're probably right. But that doesn't mean that LO wasn't a commercial success. I think it sold 1 million plus copies and earned praise from non-JRPG crowd which is a massive achievement for any JRPG,IMO.

Lost Odyssey was a cut above, hands down. I'd like to se SE take that approach on a game (which they did with Last Remnant, to a degree) and make it nostalgic, yet new and fresh. Where LO excels that SE needs work is in character development... many of SE's characters of late, have been flat, underdeveloped or just flat out annoying. I hope to see some improvement in the FFXIII characters... they seem good, so far, but only spending hours with them will tell if we can be friends or not :lol:SymonDezyn

Square Enix Character Template (created by Tetsuya Nomura)

Template 1 : The silent,broody kind of character that has a dark secret in his/her past, is an amnesiac, suffers from a curse etc.

Template 2 : The macho, over-confident type of character that can take on an entire platoon of army and scored 20 in his IQ test.

Template 3 : The hyper-active girl who is ever-optimistic even when the *insert Template 1 character* is having his nightmares of past (show the flashback sequence with loads of hi-def stuff :lol: ).

And so on...

Sorry I couldn't reveal any more...Mr.Nomura and SE may not be too pleased with me then. :lol: :P

Or in other words just summing up how repetitive SE's characterization has been in recent times. I think TWEWY was the only game that comes into my mind for having slightly different characters.

jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts

We already know some of the stuff that's coming around sooner or later. They just announced a new Front Mission that's going to be totally different from past games (a bit of a disappointment that they're abandoning the RPG route, even though I've yet to get my feet wet with the Front Mission series); we know we're getting a new IP that has a name I can't remember at the moment (it was just announced on Gamespot today); we know we're getting a new Parasite Eve for PSP; there's a slew of new Kingdom Hearts games coming out; and we know that the DS/PSP remakes are going to keep coming (I could be mistaken, but I think Final Fantasy V has already been announced for DS...???). So there's definitely a lot going on at Square Enix, and I'd say they've got their hands full trying to keep fans happy for a while to come.

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
They should be remaking FF7 anytime soon since the PSN release of FF7 was quite well received.
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SymonDezyn

@LW: You were agreeing with me? or were you saying that Lost Odyssey had the same character templates? because it did not... not by a long shot.

as for what SE will do next.... well those of us who have been watching E3 know that the next thing is another MMORPG by the name of FFXIV, which has recieved mixed reactions from SE fans. I, ever optomistic, would like to see this a marked improvement from their first attempt, FFXI, but like LW, i share the opinion that neither should have been numbered titles. 

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts

"I third" LW and Symons position. :P

FFXI should have been titled, "Final Fantasy Online".

FFXIV should have been, "Final Fantasy Online II" 

Both should have been numbered FFO titles. 

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#18 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

They will do an FFVII remake for PS3 :lol:.

Soramoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Soramoi
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

oh my... i'm almost asleep atm .. but i HAVE to write this post before i close my eyes lol

first, SE sometime driving fans crazy by giving them hope and leave them behind for several years just to pick up a new story for FF -,-

second, the other games that SE are working on it like KH for example is a way of gaining money by any chance -,- just like FFVII series, i mean c'mon who wanted to hear the same story over and over again? is the way of giving a different intro and wierd ending so they can keep continuing the game and sucking money from players who they're crazy about anything incloding cloud and sephiroth.. not to mention one winged angel theme >.>" even KH got her fair of cloud and sephiroth ... okay i love it for the first time seeing cloud again and kicking sephiroth on the one winged angel music .. but hey -.-" we've been waiting more than 5 years just to get these games? i wasn't happy at all for what SE had reached. Okay i was more happier when i first saw the trailer for the FF with new version, also i was happy to see LO another story with another world.. that's what i love about SE .. they really can make you enter thier own imaginary world. i wish they keep doing this good job.

AND ... not " stop " but give " less " time on remaking old games or related-story games and plz focus on giving us new games with new stories :S

atm... FFXIII with thier 3 versions ( versus, agito ) are the most wanted from everyone.. i guess KH:BBS will wait much longer since SE are busy remaking games up -,-" 

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SymonDezyn

@Soramoi: idk if you know this, but Lost Odyssey wasn't a Square Enix title; it was developed by Mistwalker, a company founded by the creator of Final Fantasy.... that's why you'll feel some similarities i'm sure, but LO was truly a unique title, as you say. New characters, new plot, new environment, with that old school familiarity that the good old FF's bring us - the best of both worlds :)

Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts

I think a KH3 is all in order. At the end of KH2 Sora got a bottle with a message... I want to know what it says! :x

rikhan_z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#22 rikhan_z
Member since 2005 • 3410 Posts

I think this is a good question... I say that because Square Enix business model has already attracted attention and they were always forerunners. I have to say they may build a new IP, experiment on the PS3 on a new game... anyone remember the Bouncer? something like that maybe in terms of making an IP.

Merge XBOX 360 with PS3 players or maybe make a new arcade place like Club Sega... or a venue along with Disney. 

Anime_Fan1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Anime_Fan1986
Member since 2009 • 329 Posts

I think this is a good question... I say that because Square Enix business model has already attracted attention and they were always forerunners. I have to say they may build a new IP, experiment on the PS3 on a new game... anyone remember the Bouncer? something like that maybe in terms of making an IP.

Merge XBOX 360 with PS3 players or maybe make a new arcade place like Club Sega... or a venue along with Disney. 

rikhan_z

im not sure if its possible to merge xbox and ps3 players tho it would be cool... ps network is free and xbox live costs money would be a major difference between the 2 consoles...

Gammet25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Gammet25
Member since 2009 • 1064 Posts
Square Enix merged with some other companies, they're making strategy war games and other few genres of games like aracde but i really think that they should focus on the game at hand and get them finished faster. The company just isnt that organised.