cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts

Mine was FFVIII. Then I skipped FFIX and got FFX and KH. Then when FFX-2, KH2 and FFXII came out I got those and in between all those games I bought FFI and II: Dawn of Souls and FFVI Advance for GBA.TheManWithAPS2

You need to get FF7 :D

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#52 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
ff7 is awesome and its the easiest of the ps1 ones to get
Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts

LOL...FFVII is the HARDEST one to get. Its so freaking overpriced these days. Go look at ebay.$50+ for a common as hell PS1 game...

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 cloud31blunt

LOL...FFVII is the HARDEST one to get. Its so freaking overpriced these days. Go look at ebay.$50+ for a common as hell PS1 game...

Cronaroth

Ah but once you get hold of it its worth it :D

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 johngebreadman
i got it for £9 on ebay, 8 was at least £15 9 is at leasy £25, so is antholofy. but i live in UK so its different
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#56 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
I picked up FFVII on the cheap years ago. Good job I did!!
Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Cronaroth
Ive actually had mine since it was new >.>. Thanks to Advent Children-its more expensive then it ever was over here....fanboys artificially inflating prices...ugh
smootheyes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 smootheyes2
Member since 2005 • 3203 Posts
[QUOTE="Cronaroth"]

cloud31blunt

why do so many people say that FFVII is the best FF ever???

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 cloud31blunt
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="Cronaroth"]

smootheyes2

Cause its a brilliant game and because it was the first FF that jumped to 3d so it sort of overshadowed 8 and 9 because when they released people were expecting it. I guess also because its the most well known.

TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts

[QUOTE="TheManWithAPS2"]Mine was FFVIII. Then I skipped FFIX and got FFX and KH. Then when FFX-2, KH2 and FFXII came out I got those and in between all those games I bought FFI and II: Dawn of Souls and FFVI Advance for GBA.cloud31blunt

You need to get FF7 :D

Oops. I forgot about VII. I do have it! But I bought it on ebay about 2 years ago so it wasn't my first :D.

mr_bri9htside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#61 mr_bri9htside
Member since 2005 • 1948 Posts

BUST-A-GROOVE!

:D

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="Cronaroth"]

smootheyes2

Because of what it did, as far as influence on the RPG market and what it did as a game. It brought FF into the 3D era of gaming, brought more JRPG/RPG influence into NA, and had some of the best production values ever seen (for the time). It also has some of the mest memorable characters in an RPG or video game ever, as declared by many who have played it. I know I'll never forget Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, and the rest of the cast of VII.

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#63 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
[QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="Cronaroth"]

kryu88

Because of what it did, as far as influence on the RPG market and what it did as a game. It brought FF into the 3D era of gaming, brought more JRPG/RPG influence into NA, and had some of the best production values ever seen (for the time). It also has some of the mest memorable characters in an RPG or video game ever, as declared by many who have played it. I know I'll never forget Cloud, Tifa, Sephiroth, and the rest of the cast of VII.

yeah, your right about that, very memorable characters.

anyway, my 1st final fantasy was X, it was also my 1st game on the PS2 (my 1st on a PS for that matter). since then i've played FFX-2, FFIX, VII, VIII, XII, IV, and III in that order :).

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 S_Jake
Member since 2004 • 1502 Posts
[QUOTE="smootheyes2"][QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="Cronaroth"]

kryu88

Yes, I agree with a lot of this. FFVII was the first JRPG to have mainstream success outside of the Japanese market, and thus has done more (both good and bad) for the genre in the West than any game before or since.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 johngebreadman
ive played it and i jusy finished disc 1 of 8 and so far 8 has impressed me more
langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#66 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
Mine was probably either Secret of Mana or Secret of Evermore, both good games in my opinion. Though I'm still torn about the lack of respect that Evermore got, the game was totally great but because it took over Seikendenstu ppl got pissed off and starting a major riot towards this one. Should pick up both of those games if your looking for old school Enix games ;)
Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Dantes_Girl
Member since 2005 • 4945 Posts

Super Mario RPG baby!

Damn, why did I get rid of that game? I'm such a dumbass. :P :lol:

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 latte428
Member since 2004 • 5957 Posts
I think mine was FFX. I bought that and KH at the same time also but I remember playing 10 first.
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts
final fantasy 7 i picked it up in a sale in a megastore about a year after it came out i brought itfor a tenner and i still have it and it works
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 cloud31blunt

final fantasy 7 i picked it up in a sale in a megastore about a year after it came out i brought itfor a tenner and i still have it and it worksyuffiestrife

Wow awesome deal for a year after it came out :D

Supakilla_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#71 Supakilla_2004
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
My first Square game was FF9 I couldent get past the 3rd disc, its probably because I was to young to even understand it.:P I didnt beat it until like 3 years ago.
yuffiestrife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 yuffiestrife
Member since 2006 • 352 Posts

[QUOTE="yuffiestrife"]final fantasy 7 i picked it up in a sale in a megastore about a year after it came out i brought itfor a tenner and i still have it and it workscloud31blunt

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 johngebreadman
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"]

[QUOTE="yuffiestrife"]final fantasy 7 i picked it up in a sale in a megastore about a year after it came out i brought itfor a tenner and i still have it and it worksyuffiestrife

i got it for £9 last year. i wish i had the same luck with ff9 i cant gfet a copy for under £25

S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 S_Jake

I've been having this problem with the "quick quotes", too: it looks like the glitches are back again for the New Year. :roll: This can be fixed by editing the message and adding the original text, though. :)

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dantes_Girl

I've been having this problem with the "quick quotes", too: it looks like the glitches are back again for the New Year. :roll: This can be fixed by editing the message and adding the original text, though. :)

S_Jake

Yes glitches! Something GS will never fix! :P

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#76 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
i haven't really had that many problems with glitches. by the sound of it, i'm one of the lucky ones :).
menniss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 menniss
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts
My first square game was FF X and boy did it leave a great impression on me. I then went on to play kh and now I'm a huge fan of SE games.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 johngebreadman
you have to play ff7 and 8 too. they are amazing. though not as good as x because nothig is
Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Cronaroth
wow---opinion much? FFVII and FFVIII to me and to probably alot of people here are both way better than FFX. But if you want the ultimate FF (I didnt read the entire thing)-go with FFVI (any version really-PS1 version is a little bit buggy but palatable)
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cloud31blunt

wow---opinion much? FFVII and FFVIII to me and to probably alot of people here are both way better than FFX. But if you want the ultimate FF (I didnt read the entire thing)-go with FFVI (any version really-PS1 version is a little bit buggy but palatable)Cronaroth

Once again opinion i and many others have the opinion that FF7 is the ultimate FF.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts

[QUOTE="Cronaroth"]wow---opinion much? FFVII and FFVIII to me and to probably alot of people here are both way better than FFX. But if you want the ultimate FF (I didnt read the entire thing)-go with FFVI (any version really-PS1 version is a little bit buggy but palatable)cloud31blunt

Once again opinion i and many others have the opinion that FF7 is the ultimate FF.

We all have a different opinion on what the better FF game is. It's just some people like to shout about it more than others.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 johngebreadman
all i said was that yea x is great but he should play 7 and 8 as well...never mind
S_Jake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 S_Jake
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"]

[QUOTE="Cronaroth"]wow---opinion much? FFVII and FFVIII to me and to probably alot of people here are both way better than FFX. But if you want the ultimate FF (I didnt read the entire thing)-go with FFVI (any version really-PS1 version is a little bit buggy but palatable)Lady_Bahamut

We all have a different opinion on what the better FF game is. It's just some people like to shout about it more than others.

:lol:

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#84 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

all i said was that yea x is great but he should play 7 and 8 as well...never mindjohngebreadman

I agree with you, but add FF6 to that list too;)

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 johngebreadman
ive not played tht yet. i will get it when ive got ff9.
langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#86 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]all i said was that yea x is great but he should play 7 and 8 as well...never mindIpodHero176

Yeah!! FFVI FTW! We should really have a big vote to see what everyones's favorite FF game!

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]all i said was that yea x is great but he should play 7 and 8 as well...never mindlangrisser2005

Yeah!! FFVI FTW! We should really have a big vote to see what everyones's favorite FF game!

I think we did that once before...and I think FF7 won. >_> I believe VI was second.

Or maybe it was what game do you like the least?

Hmm...regardless, I think there was a poll about one of these somewhere on the boards :lol:

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 latte428
[QUOTE="langrisser2005"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]all i said was that yea x is great but he should play 7 and 8 as well...never mindqueen_valentine

I think we did that once before...and I think FF7 won. >_> I believe VI was second.

Or maybe it was what game do you like the least?

Hmm...regardless, I think there was a poll about one of these somewhere on the boards :lol:

I'd have a tough time picking between 7 and 6. I loved both.

Blanc16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Blanc16
Member since 2008 • 65 Posts
Mine was Final Fantasy IX. Great game. I have played it about 6 times and still love it.
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 cloud31blunt
Mine would be FF7 followed closely by FF10
Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Dantes_Girl
It still kills me that some people (or most) think that FFVII is the best RPG ever. I completely disagree with that. :P
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 latte428

It still kills me that some people (or most) think that FFVII is the best RPG ever. I completely disagree with that. :PDantes_Girl

My absolute fav was X but 7 is right behind it.

I'm always curious on other peoples opinions, what about 7 did you dislike the most?

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Dantes_Girl

[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"]It still kills me that some people (or most) think that FFVII is the best RPG ever. I completely disagree with that. :Platte428

I'm always curious on other peoples opinions, what about 7 did you dislike the most?

I didn't dislike it at all. I just don't consider it to be the best RPG when I've played better ones.

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 latte428
[QUOTE="latte428"]

[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"]It still kills me that some people (or most) think that FFVII is the best RPG ever. I completely disagree with that. :PDantes_Girl

I didn't dislike it at all. I just don't consider it to be the best RPG when I've played better ones.

Even though I liked 7, I would have a tough time comparing it to more modern RPGs but my memories of playing it make it one of my favs.

I was more curious as to what part of 7 was the part you disliked most. I hated the Blitz ball tournament part of X! (probably because I was awful at it! :P )

Dantes_Girl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Dantes_Girl
[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"][QUOTE="latte428"]

[QUOTE="Dantes_Girl"]It still kills me that some people (or most) think that FFVII is the best RPG ever. I completely disagree with that. :Platte428

Even though I liked 7, I would have a tough time comparing it to more modern RPGs but my memories of playing it make it one of my favs.

I was more curious as to what part of 7 was the part you disliked most. I hated the Blitz ball tournament part of X! (probably because I was awful at it! :P )

Boooooooo! Blitzball! :P

If anything it would have to be that some parts of the story were a little too bland for my taste. I've only played the game one time and that was eons ago.

latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 latte428
[QUOTE="latte428"]

Dantes_Girl

Boooooooo! Blitzball! :P

If anything it would have to be that some parts of the story were a little too bland for my taste. I've only played the game one time and that was eons ago.

I remember the story being really slow on like disk 2 but I had the same complaint for 8. Seems like some parts of the games were just dragged out! Still loved both 7 and 8 but there is always room for improvement! :)

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts
Blitzball was possibly my fav. part of FFX....
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 cloud31blunt
I honestly cant think of a part i hated in 7 but in 10 it was blitzball :).
latte428

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 latte428

I honestly cant think of a part i hated in 7 but in 10 it was blitzball :).cloud31blunt

I hate being shown that I am awful at something but 10 was great at pointing that I'm terrible at Blitzball over and over and over again. :D

I kind of expect slow parts in RPGs. 7's latest a little longer than some but I would play it again in a heartbeat (if I had time! :P )

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
I'm probably going to have to reorganize my "Favorite RPGs of All-Time" list. :P I've played so many great RPGs since VII and IX.....I mean, I still love those games to death, but I've played so many others.... Xenogears would probably be my number 1 game of all time as it stands right now...sorry VII/IX, but Gears' story just has me in it's grasp... and the characters. :P