What Final Fantasy in your opinion did you think had the best story.

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts

Which one in your opinion had the best most complex story.

Am13roses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Am13roses
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

final fantasy VII had the most complex story, and got me kinda confused after a while, but then i figured it out after replaying it.  VIII in my opinion had the best story and character developement.  it was an interesting story with an evil that you knew what they were trying to do and the destruction they could cause on the earth, yea sephiroth was basically gonna use the lifestream to becom all powerful but it wasn't like he was messing with time itself

VIII for me, has the best story, characters, and villian.

LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts

VII had the best story hands down.

I can't tell the story fully cuz it's so complicated and It's really fun when u find out with the cutscenes, and it is the most complex one, i will need to replay VII to get it again.

LoneRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LoneRex
Member since 2006 • 1717 Posts

VII had the best story hands down.

I can't tell the story fully cuz it's so complicated and It's really fun when u find out with the cutscenes, and it is the most complex one.

I can tell u some of it, but it's so complicated that I will need to play VII again to tell u it fully. That's how complicated it is.

SladeMcGowan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 SladeMcGowan
Member since 2004 • 76 Posts

FFVI all the way!  It had more plot twists and the characters were better.  To compare each Final Fantasy is like comparing apples to oranges, none of them were the same.  I liked FFVI because it was the first RPG I played that had a female lead character that wasn't a total flake.  Terra Branford is the most underappreciated Final Fantasy character ever.  She was a total hero.  She made the some of the biggest sacrifices out of any of the other characters in the series.  Plus you have Kefka, arguably the series' most flamboyant villain, who was the only villain in Final Fantasy history to actually destroy the world.  Not to mention, the game had the best music score and true fans of the series (people that have grown up with the series from the beginning back in '89) would say that FFVI is their favorite.

Cheers!

Jessica

lordsettra12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lordsettra12
Member since 2005 • 4213 Posts

FFVI all the way!  It had more plot twists and the characters were better.  To compare each Final Fantasy is like comparing apples to oranges, none of them were the same.  I liked FFVI because it was the first RPG I played that had a female lead character that wasn't a total flake.  Terra Branford is the most underappreciated Final Fantasy character ever.  She was a total hero.  She made the some of the biggest sacrifices out of any of the other characters in the series.  Plus you have Kefka, arguably the series' most flamboyant villain, who was the only villain in Final Fantasy history to actually destroy the world.  Not to mention, the game had the best music score and true fans of the series (people that have grown up with the series from the beginning back in '89) would say that FFVI is their favorite.

Cheers!

Jessica

SladeMcGowan

Uh, what about Kuja? he blew up Terra which was a world.

Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dark_Kain
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
[QUOTE="SladeMcGowan"]

FFVI all the way! It had more plot twists and the characters were better. To compare each Final Fantasy is like comparing apples to oranges, none of them were the same. I liked FFVI because it was the first RPG I played that had a female lead character that wasn't a total flake. Terra Branford is the most underappreciated Final Fantasy character ever. She was a total hero. She made the some of the biggest sacrifices out of any of the other characters in the series. Plus you have Kefka, arguably the series' most flamboyant villain, who was the only villain in Final Fantasy history to actually destroy the world. Not to mention, the game had the best music score and true fans of the series (people that have grown up with the series from the beginning back in '89) would say that FFVI is their favorite.

Cheers!

Jessica

lordsettra12

Uh, what about Kuja? he blew up Terra which was a world.

Technicalities... Kefka for the win! And I agree about FFVI being the best story and flat out best in the series.
Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
Definitely Final Fantasy 7 had the best storyline. It was more to it then the other FF games. I agree it was complex and had more to the storyline then just one problem that the characters had to handle. I was waiting for this topic.
RogueAshaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RogueAshaman
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts
Final Fantasy VIII had the most complex storyline.
Crusader_333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crusader_333
Member since 2005 • 244 Posts
ogf what Ive played...............FFVIII then FFVI......................VIII cos of the love story....its so perfect..............most of the others 2 of the main characters are all of a sudden in love...........but VIII's is much more in depth
ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts
FFIX easily.
darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
FFVII had the most complex story but FFV is my favorite story.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
I like the stories of ff6,7, or 8.  Between the 3 games its pretty much a toss up for me.
Master_Odin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 Master_Odin
Member since 2005 • 4932 Posts
I think Final Fantasy VI had the best story just because graphics weren't as big back then, so Square focused more on the story part of the game. That and the characters and moments are quite memoriable!
mysticcarnege

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mysticcarnege
Member since 2005 • 1538 Posts
FFVII had the best story hands down..

it was great.. the Storyline included great characters and twists..

lit0aznbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lit0aznbear
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hands down definitely FFVII. FFVII has a very memorable and complexstoryline and characters as well. I am happy that they have AC and all of the other compilations, these are just spicing FFVII more. FFVII is a game that you will never get tired of, even though the graphics are not as realistic and updated as the current FF's. :D

GustavFears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GustavFears
Member since 2005 • 521 Posts
VII
zambo1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zambo1987
Member since 2006 • 882 Posts

Cheers!

Jessica

SladeMcGowan
I agree: great story, characters, villains and one of the best OST of the series.
Chose_La

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chose_La
FF Tactics had the best story in all the FF series. To fully understand it, I needed to complete the game three times. But if it's only in the numbered series, it is VII.
potterpipi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#21 potterpipi
Member since 2005 • 16597 Posts
FF VII.
hplarjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hplarjy
Member since 2004 • 1104 Posts
FFIX and oh X ^_^
Silicon_Noob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silicon_Noob
Member since 2006 • 521 Posts
VII easily had the best plotline while X had the best character development and ending.
nirvana4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nirvana4e

im kinda curious bout FFVI now lol

out of the ones i played its between FFVII and VIII i did like X to tho

Monk10000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Monk10000
Member since 2006 • 1258 Posts
FF VII
jrnhanie0310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jrnhanie0310
Member since 2006 • 15177 Posts
Final Fantasy VIII
DonutZSicK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DonutZSicK
Member since 2005 • 56 Posts
Complex storyline, definatly VIII, 7 wasnt complex at all but it was a great story. My personal fav story would probably be VIII but that was my first FF playd...
IceDefenseGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#28 IceDefenseGod
Member since 2005 • 3842 Posts
FFVII had the best story-line, but FFX has the best everything else besides Black Mage. Best Black Mage belongs to FFIX, go Vivi!
hellsingfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hellsingfan666
Member since 2004 • 602 Posts
I am going with 6, large amount of characters to learn about, no lead character to focus on, not too complicated and not too basic, and for those who want to a challenge look for the hacked version of FF6. called final fantasy 3 hardtype guy who hacked it also made a chrono trigger version as well, new moves, new magic system, and very very hard
CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts
Tough choice between FF6 and FFX.