255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 255Loner
Member since 2005 • 1781 Posts
For me at least. I've decided against buying the Playstation 3 due to it's atrocious pricing, as I can't even buy it, much less afford it and one game. I hope Square-Enix moves it's stuff eventually to the Wii, because that's where I'll only be able to afford to go. Final Fantasy XII and III will probably be my very last primary Final Fantasy games. Is that the same with you all? I feel like Square-Enix is over with.
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts
I know Sony is making a huge mistake by that price, all their competitors are keeping the price low, because they know it will hurt Sony in the end.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

For me at least. I've decided against buying the Playstation 3 due to it's atrocious pricing, as I can't even buy it, much less afford it and one game. I hope Square-Enix moves it's stuff eventually to the Wii, because that's where I'll only be able to afford to go. Final Fantasy XII and III will probably be my very last primary Final Fantasy games. Is that the same with you all? I feel like Square-Enix is over with. 255Loner

Square-Enix will never move their popular Final Fantasy games to the Wii. I'm not getting FFXII because I've played the demo and didn't like the battle system. I plan on getting a PS3 along with FF vurses XIII. 

djnickz06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 djnickz06
Member since 2006 • 276 Posts

The PS3 pricing will go down soon. Don't worry about it.

I'll be getting the PS3 for sure because I prepared and got a part-time job - $6.75 per hour. Not only that, I can only work maximum 20hrs a week due because I'm a full-time student. By the time PS3 comes out, I accumulate up to $2,000 to buy a PS3, accessories, games and maybe a HDTV, however, I might to finance that.

Anyway, keep your hopes up. If your a real FF fan, you got to keep the playing going. You can't just stop at FF12.

I'm currently playing FF12 right now. It's juz so much fun!

djnickz06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 djnickz06
Member since 2006 • 276 Posts

[QUOTE="255Loner"]For me at least. I've decided against buying the Playstation 3 due to it's atrocious pricing, as I can't even buy it, much less afford it and one game. I hope Square-Enix moves it's stuff eventually to the Wii, because that's where I'll only be able to afford to go. Final Fantasy XII and III will probably be my very last primary Final Fantasy games. Is that the same with you all? I feel like Square-Enix is over with. Soulja_West

Square-Enix will never move their popular Final Fantasy games to the Wii. I'm not getting FFXII because I've played the demo and didn't like the battle system. I plan on getting a PS3 along with FF vurses XIII. 

The demo, I had to admit it, it wasn't fun. The demo didnt show the full potential of the battle system. I know because I'm currently playing the Japanese version at the moment. 

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Soulja_West
[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]

[QUOTE="255Loner"]For me at least. I've decided against buying the Playstation 3 due to it's atrocious pricing, as I can't even buy it, much less afford it and one game. I hope Square-Enix moves it's stuff eventually to the Wii, because that's where I'll only be able to afford to go. Final Fantasy XII and III will probably be my very last primary Final Fantasy games. Is that the same with you all? I feel like Square-Enix is over with. djnickz06

The demo, I had to admit it, it wasn't fun. The demo didnt show the full potential of the battle system. I know because I'm currently playing the Japanese version at the moment. 

I just hope that the game itself plays better than the demo.

kablay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 kablay
Member since 2005 • 366 Posts

For me at least. I've decided against buying the Playstation 3 due to it's atrocious pricing, as I can't even buy it, much less afford it and one game. I hope Square-Enix moves it's stuff eventually to the Wii, because that's where I'll only be able to afford to go. Final Fantasy XII and III will probably be my very last primary Final Fantasy games. Is that the same with you all? I feel like Square-Enix is over with. 255Loner

I comepletely agree with you. But FFXIII going to be an action-RPG:| It can't be that good compared to the awesome others.

jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#8 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts

I just hope that the game itself plays better than the demo.

i guess youll never know.

fuzzysquash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9 fuzzysquash
Member since 2004 • 17374 Posts

I'm currently playing the Japanese version at the moment.

djnickz06

:o

lucky...
taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts

The PS3 pricing will go down soon. Don't worry about it.

I'll be getting the PS3 for sure because I prepared and got a part-time job - $6.75 per hour. Not only that, I can only work maximum 20hrs a week due because I'm a full-time student. By the time PS3 comes out, I accumulate up to $2,000 to buy a PS3, accessories, games and maybe a HDTV, however, I might to finance that.

Anyway, keep your hopes up. If your a real FF fan, you got to keep the playing going. You can't just stop at FF12.

I'm currently playing FF12 right now. It's juz so much fun!

djnickz06

I disagree. If you're a fan of something, you don't have to buy everything they throw at you. Some things Square Enix makes might not make 100% of their fans pleased. If the sales records show this, Square Enix will learn from their mistake and change the next game to suit and please their fans.

OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts

I will get a PS3 eventually. But that is of course after the price drops a great deal. Here is Great Britain the damn thing is $800! $800! Uh, it's completely ludicrous. I'll definitely be picking up a Wii first and getting stuck in to Twilight Princess. Do keep in mind however, that some of the PS3's best titles are bound to come out a year or so after the console is released. Namely Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm just praying for a major price drop of the console until those games do come out. Even so, my purchase will most definitely not just solely be for Final Fantasy. I don't like where Square are taking the series with this new futuristic theme. For me, I've grown up playing rpgs in a medievil world and understandably, this is how I prefer them. Even if I do get a PS3, it certainly doesn't mean that I will continue to play Final Fantasy games.

killer_shadow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 killer_shadow1
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
i cant believe that some people are so poor that htey dont even have $600-$800. i am a teen and i can afford it myself 
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jordina

how much is $600-800 in £££.

killer_shadow1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killer_shadow1
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts

how much is $600-800 in £££.

jordina

i dont know but for H.K it is like about 7-8 times so it will be about 4200-5600 and in Japan i believe it is one hundred times so it will be 60000-8000 yen 

Distortion0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Distortion0
Member since 2004 • 138 Posts

I will get a PS3 eventually. But that is of course after the price drops a great deal. Here is Great Britain the damn thing is $800! $800! Uh, it's completely ludicrous. I'll definitely be picking up a Wii first and getting stuck in to Twilight Princess. Do keep in mind however, that some of the PS3's best titles are bound to come out a year or so after the console is released. Namely Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4. I'm just praying for a major price drop of the console until those games do come out. Even so, my purchase will most definitely not just solely be for Final Fantasy. I don't like where Square are taking the series with this new futuristic theme. For me, I've grown up playing rpgs in a medievil world and understandably, this is how I prefer them. Even if I do get a PS3, it certainly doesn't mean that I will continue to play Final Fantasy games.

Somegamer

I agree, Wii seems like it will give you alot more bang for your buck. Nintendos making a comeback.

255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 255Loner
I don't like where Square are taking the series with this new futuristic theme. For me, I've grown up playing rpgs in a medievil world and understandably, this is how I prefer them.Somegamer
So we can assume you didn't like Final Fantasy X, VI, VII, and VIII due to their futuristic themes?
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jordina

[QUOTE="Somegamer"]I don't like where Square are taking the series with this new futuristic theme. For me, I've grown up playing rpgs in a medievil world and understandably, this is how I prefer them.255Loner
So we can assume you didn't like Final Fantasy X, VI, VII, and VIII due to their futuristic themes?

he liked vi. it wasnt that technology advanced. it had a bit of each.

Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fraquelli
Member since 2005 • 688 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 255Loner
^Because we all have driver licenses and jobs, right?
Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Fraquelli

^Because we all have driver licenses and jobs, right?255Loner

Im 16 and I live in Mozambique, one of the poorest countries in the world(that is in Africa in case youre wandering),a lot of my friends who are my age and looking to make some cash dont need a drivers license, cuz its just a part-time job to make some fast cash, you dont need to be on the other side of the city to do that. I dont work but that is just because my mom doesnt let me outta the house alone(cuz Im an only child and you know how most moms are).
But if she did and if I lived in somewhere as rich as GB, I could guarantee you I could make that kind of money.

See, this is the big difference between most of the first and third world countries: we work for money, while you let your money work for you.(but of course Im not refering to every single person of each world)

I dont know why you deleted my last post or why you may delete this one, cuz there was nothing offensive written on them, only COLD HARD TRUTH!!

Everyone feel free to flame me, I dont care.

Manaka-kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 Manaka-kun
Member since 2006 • 1299 Posts

i cant believe that some people are so poor that htey dont even have $600-$800. i am a teen and i can afford it myself killer_shadow1

Not everyone is rich. Some adults can barely afford it as it is at the moment (I'm, of course, talking about my mum and a few of my friends' parents.)

CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I think by the time FFXIII & FF Versus XIII come out, the price of the PS3 would have dropped a few dollars. Now if the PS3 isn't successful at launch, I bet ya that the price will drop even sooner. As for me, I'll be getting the Wii & PS3. Yes, I'm a working man who pay bills & has a family. I've been saving hard, not splurging like I usually do so I can get them both at launch. I'll probably need about $1500 so I can get both with some games & what not. I didn't think I could save before, but after saving for my fiance's ring, I know I can save for anything now. Plus I have a wicked backup plan, should I not reach my goal by the beginning of October. Shhhh, it's a secret.
OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts

[QUOTE="Somegamer"]I don't like where Square are taking the series with this new futuristic theme. For me, I've grown up playing rpgs in a medievil world and understandably, this is how I prefer them.255Loner

No, that is not at all the case. I mentioned that I preferred my Rpgs to be that way, it doesn't mean that I only buy ye olde games. I enjoyed both VII and VIII but I would rather that both of those games were leaning more towards the medievil side of things. Besides, I really enjoy the Xenosaga games and they are as futuristic as you can get. It's just if you put it side to side with say, Final Fantasy IV. I would prefer the themes and settings of FFIV more. And as Jordina said, FFVI was a mixture between the two which I really enjoyed to be honest. The technology was advanced but the settings were more medievil.

how much is $600-800 in £££.jordina

$800 is £425 in Great Britain while the price in North America is $599 which is around £315.

i cant believe that some people are so poor that htey dont even have $600-$800. i am a teen and i can afford it myself  killer_shadow1

Ok, I congratulate you but please do not assume that because I don't want to buy a $800 games console that I am poor. You are a teenager, you don't have to pay money for some of the things that I have to e.g. the rent, so I wouldn't make assumptions about how rich I am just because I don't want to buy an overpriced console.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#24 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
i was thinking about it the other day , if the series failed to amuse me in the future and lacked of innovation i may stop playing it as well ..
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

FF is always changing. you may get a not-up-to-standard game this time around, but you may very well get a near-to-perfect game at their next production. I know a lot of people has been upset with the recent FF games, like FFX-2 and all these FFVII spin-offs.

If you're actually disappointed with one game, in future, you can still hope for a better game in a later future. You don't have to give up the whole series just because one failed to amuse/entertain you or something.

And, on that point about FFXII, i myself wasn't too eager to get the game after playing the demo. But, after playing the actual game itself, it's really worth every single cent you're going to spend for it.

I won't be getting the PS3 immediately at launch, mostly because i still can't afford it at the moment. But, also because new products always have glitches, it's better if we wait a while. And, maybe, after some waiting, the price, may hopefully drop.

Think about it, you may not be able to get FFXIII at launch because of the PS3's high cost. But, stopping at this point is going to be regretful. Final Fantasy is at its PRIME now. With all this advanced technology and experience the next generation of consoles can give us, and with Square Enix's capability, both financially and technically, we can only expect the best of games to come out from this period of time.

My advice is, don't stop here. Maybe, get a PS3 when the price's dropped, and then catch up on all the FF games that you've missed since PS3 launch. At least, don't stop. FF is just getting better, now. :)

Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts

[QUOTE="killer_shadow1"]i cant believe that some people are so poor that htey dont even have $600-$800. i am a teen and i can afford it myself Manaka-kun

Not everyone is rich. Some adults can barely afford it as it is at the moment (I'm, of course, talking about my mum and a few of my friends' parents.)

It's not that people can't afford it, its that some will not pay that much for a game system because they have other responsibilities to take care of. I did not buy ps2 until the slim came out so I can get it for less, and that is what I'm going to do for the ps3 because I want the new ff.
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
And you've been saying this for how long now?
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Soulja_West
Lets just hope that these new FF games that coming out for the next gen console are a success.
sketchley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sketchley
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts
 this is more directed at the topic starter

i dont care how much a ps3 costs ill just get my parents to buy it for me! and just cuz u cant afford it dusnt mean u have to stop playing and tell us about it cuz we really dont care eaither

A)never play again

or

B)wait for a wile for the price to go down and start gaming again

i hope u go with B)

danteliveson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 danteliveson
Member since 2004 • 6162 Posts
FFXII will probably be my last FF for a while
SkyCastleDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SkyCastleDan
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts

Hate to say it, but yeah, once Final Fantasy XII comes out, thats probably it for me too. Its not that the price of the PS3 is turning me off, its that Square just keeps ripping off its fans and im getting sick and tired of it. I've explained my point of view about this in several other threads and the more and more that is released about XIII and the several versions of it coming out, well, it just sickens me to think I'd have to pay that much to get the most out of an RPG game. Right now I'm playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World and loving it. Once Final Fantasy XII comes out, I'm going to play that and love it too....cause its just one game, no extra costs, one quality experience that I know I'm going to love. There are still a lot of RPGs coming out on the PS2, but as far as Final Fantasy is concerned, XII could be the end of the line for me too....

P.S. Just beat Heros of Might and Magic V, anyone who loves RPGs needs to play that game!

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Soulja_West

As long as Square-Enix continue to make good Final Fantasy games I'll continue to buy them.

sigma_omega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sigma_omega
Member since 2005 • 273 Posts
The PS3 will probably have a price drop by the time FFXIII comes out so I'll just wait until then.
sketchley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sketchley
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

why end at 12 u guys arnt real fans if u ask me

(no saying NO ONE ASKED YOUUUUUUU)

255Loner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 255Loner

why end at 12 u guys arnt real fans if u ask me

(no saying NO ONE ASKED YOUUUUUUU)

sketchley
I hope I do a good job in translating this...well here goes nothing. This is what "sketchley" was trying to get across to us, I believe: Why would you all end at Final Fantasy XII? If that's the case, then you guys aren't real fans if you ask me. Oh, and by the way, don't bother responding with "No one asked you!" So, you all—rate my translation out of ten. : P
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#37 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

you either just hate square or you hate the fact you ahve to wait longer for a true FF game than a new system. as soon as it comes out. you love for square will be right back

Fraquelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Fraquelli

Hate to say it, but yeah, once Final Fantasy XII comes out, thats probably it for me too. Its not that the price of the PS3 is turning me off, its that Square just keeps ripping off its fans and im getting sick and tired of it. I've explained my point of view about this in several other threads and the more and more that is released about XIII and the several versions of it coming out, well, it just sickens me to think I'd have to pay that much to get the most out of an RPG game. Right now I'm playing Shadow Hearts: From the New World and loving it. Once Final Fantasy XII comes out, I'm going to play that and love it too....cause its just one game, no extra costs, one quality experience that I know I'm going to love. There are still a lot of RPGs coming out on the PS2, but as far as Final Fantasy is concerned, XII could be the end of the line for me too....

P.S. Just beat Heros of Might and Magic V, anyone who loves RPGs needs to play that game!

SkyCastleDan

dude, the way youre saying it makes it look like FFXIII is coming next month.
its only coming in late 2007 for Gods sake!!
dont tell me youre going to play SH and FFXII everyday for a whole year!