Should the FF-Series continue becoming more mature?

ka-mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ka-mic
Member since 2004 • 736 Posts
Should the FF-Games continue becoming more mature or should they go back to their roots again as FFIX did?
I like the maturity of the newer games but I would like them to again make a games similar to FFIX.
JAG_ROGUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JAG_ROGUE
Member since 2005 • 5928 Posts

Should the FF-Games continue becoming more mature or should they go back to their roots again as FFIX did?
I like the maturity of the newer games but I would like them to again make a games similar to FFIX.
ka-mic

Why would you say FFIX isnt mature? the character designs?

ka-mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ka-mic
It's not immature, but yeah the Character Design. but not only that. The whole feeling of the game. Somehow the atmosphere in FF games has changed since FFX....not a bad thing....but I would like to have a game that's a bit more like FFIX, a bit more old-school. A remake wouldn't be a bad idea, or maybe a PSP Port.
Greatgone12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Greatgone12
Member since 2005 • 25469 Posts
[QUOTE="ka-mic"]Should the FF-Games continue becoming more mature or should they go back to their roots again as FFIX did?

I think that they should get more mature to certain points, I don't mind if, say XIII is cartoony like IX and then XIV is mature, it really doesn't matter to me... I actually thought IX was the most nostalgiac of the newer FF games (VII past) only because the old-school style, clumsiness of the originals and just the whole atmosphere. FF games should only be as mature as the story.
tidus_swain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 tidus_swain
Member since 2003 • 10019 Posts
don't judge a book by its cover. The design may be more cartoon-ish but it could still have the deep storyline which would still make it mature.
ka-mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ka-mic
[QUOTE="Greatgone12"] [QUOTE="ka-mic"]Should the FF-Games continue becoming more mature or should they go back to their roots again as FFIX did?

I think that they should get more mature to certain points, I don't mind if, say XIII is cartoony like IX and then XIV is mature, it really doesn't matter to me... I actually thought IX was the most nostalgiac of the newer FF games (VII past) only because the old-school style, clumsiness of the originals and just the whole atmosphere. FF games should only be as mature as the story.

Yeah that's a good idea. They should make one mature, then the next one more old-school. From what I've seen from the FF3 DS screens the Nintendo games are probably gonna be the more old-school/cartoony ones.
BIGGDOGG91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#7 BIGGDOGG91
Member since 2005 • 16732 Posts
ya rikkus hot
taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts
FFIX's character design was a little kiddy, but the quality of the story and gameplay didn't change it a bit. It was just as good. A game I thought went too far into seriousness was FFVIII. It may start out with Squall in a school, but the story as you go deeper into the story got way too twisted. I think FFVI/III was just right.
burnout05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 burnout05
Member since 2005 • 1549 Posts
I think they should stay like they are now.

darksword1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 darksword1123
Member since 2004 • 30121 Posts
don't judge a book by its cover. The design may be more cartoon-ish but it could still have the deep storyline which would still make it mature.tidus_swain
such as DQVIII
OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
I would never call FFIX an immature game, the character design maybe, but apart from that it was hardly any less mature than the rest. I would never mind another old-school medievil Final Fantasy as they're my favourite FFs.
ka-mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ka-mic
I would never call FFIX an immature game, the character design maybe, but apart from that it was hardly any less mature than the rest. I would never mind another old-school medievil Final Fantasy as they're my favourite FFs.Somegamer

That's what I meant. The story was always serious, but FFIX had a ...relaxed feel to it. (maybe it was the funny scenarios, Zidane hitting on dagger, that dimwit steiner, vivi always falling down and the fantasy medieval setting, plus the flying gold chocobo was cool!) I want that back.
S_A_D_U_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 S_A_D_U_1
Member since 2006 • 2052 Posts
i think its just rght the way it is?
ka-mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ka-mic
i think its just rght the way it is?S_A_D_U_1

Yes, it is. We were discussing what to do with future FF-Games. What they should be like.
ps2muaddib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ps2muaddib
Member since 2004 • 781 Posts

The FF series should return to the type that made it so famos and FF IX is the best  of them almost in every way .

xSpitFire3x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#16 xSpitFire3x
Member since 2005 • 620 Posts
FF IX was the best one i played (7-10) As for the future FF games getting more mature i would say its perfect the way it is. Looking at the great story of FF advent Children im hoping FF XII will have just a strong a story with mature subjects, not pretty happy endings. FF7 was a great example of a deep and mature storyline that adults and younglings alike could enjoy. Im mainly judging on the most recent thing FF to come from Square-Enix, FF AC and it seemed pretty damn good to me. Even Kingdom Hearts II took on a more mature aproach and thats saying something when using Disney Charaters in a game. As long as they keep on top of it and dont let go of their powerful story telling then their games will always be classics.
Avatar image for italianstalianb
italianstalianb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 italianstalianb
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
i think they should make the storylines a little more mature
southy787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 southy787
Member since 2005 • 14571 Posts
I think that some areas, such as the storyline, are mature enough and do not need to be made any more mature. I mean, Aeris dying or dealing with the complexities of love between Squall and Rinoa are pretty mature storylines. However, some areas, such as the cartoony graphics, or the pokemon-style monsters seem to be aiming to appeal to a younger audience. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this but they need yo work out whether it will become a mature series or a kiddy series, I think that something in between would get a bit too boring and would detract from the good games that have been produced so far.
Donkeljohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#19 Donkeljohn
Member since 2003 • 4087 Posts

If by more mature, you mean serious global-level plot devices. . . FF pretty well has that locked down.

If by more mature you mean shorter skirts and bondage attire. . . FFX/XII will scratch that itch.

But if you mean more mature as in lose the fun, light-hearted moments, then you would actually be losing FF. If you want gritty, graphic, and serious RPGs Nocturne is filling that niche. Final Fantasy is a brand that should be standard "T"-rated action.

Real, compelling feelings are difficult to capture in games. Both the Final Fantasy series and the MGS series have been very good about capturing humor (both self-referential, and comedic). One deals with more graphic content than the other.

Since you are polling, I say no. . . leave the FF formula the way it is. Tinkering with a successful brand is dangerous. Just ask Coca-Cola.