Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SkyCastleDan
Member since 2006 • 2015 Posts

*FFXII Trailer spoilers*

I created a thread a couple days ago about how one would go about preparing for Final Fantasy XII. I originally mentioned Final Fantasy IX, and many of you agreed. Both Zidane and Vaan look very much alike and both are theives according to the FFXII trailers that can be viewed on YouTube (Penelo accueses Vaan of "stealing again"). Both games have similar looking worlds and town-folk and both put a heavy emphasis on airships. Also a spoiler from the trailer and a bit of a spoiler from FFIX, the crystal seems to be minorly involved in both games as well.

Many of you mentioned FFXI due to the similar battle systems, some of you mentioned FFVIII for the futuristic aspect, but I was shocked that many of you did not mention a game that I've actually been debating playing for quite a while......Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.

Now granted, I've bashed that game for having practicly no story whatsoever. But that's really all I hate about the game. The world is colorful and in some ways resembles Ivalice in its overall design and post-modern setting, the crystal is involved in both games, and the battle systems are both action RPGs, not the traditional turnbased system found in FFs I - X. Both games have the whole Clans thing, and both feature somewhat similar character designs, well not entirely, but you know what I'm getting at, the whole not everything human aspect found in FFVIII primarily. The game is a quick, simplistic re-imagination of what Final Fantasy has been all these years in 3D on the Playstation systems, in other words, its an easy way to prepare for XII, especially adjusting to the new battle system. Its not as expensive as XI, unless you want to play multiplayer, and its got enough gameplay to satisfy my FF cravings for a while....well, at least a week....hopefully....

Anyways, there it is, that is how I have decided to prepare for FFXII, by playing and defeating FF Crystal Chronicles. So the point of this thread is, how have you decided to prepare now that you've had some time to think about it?

the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
Well, We have a long time untill it comes out, So I'm just going to play them all, I figure thats the best way to lead up to XII, Because then you get the experiance of all of them, rather than one
Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Dark_Kain
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts
Before FFXII, I'll beat Magna Carta, MS Saga, Metal Saga, and Atelier Iris. A broad array of different styled RPGs. I'll see if FFXII will live up or surpass the others.
ff-leader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ff-leader
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts
I play on 7 and 10 and 6:P
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 ffxjunky06
Member since 2006 • 8351 Posts
Well, We have a long time untill it comes out, So I'm just going to play them all, I figure thats the best way to lead up to XII, Because then you get the experiance of all of them, rather than onethe_unbroken
Yes i agree. Expanding your Knowlegde of the Series and getting a feel of how they all play is the best way to go. Doing this help to Prepare for any now Final Fanstasy game coming out. This is the same for other RPG's which are releasing an Addition to there Series (e.g. Kingdom Hearts (i know that Kingdom Hearts 2 is already out but im using it as an Example)). Doing this and playing various RPG's can help to get to Grips with Different Styles of Play and you will have a sure (and better) chance of completing the game.

On that note, i dont prepare for now RPG's being released because i feel that i dont have to. I just buy the game and Play it and then soon after Complete it.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts

[QUOTE="the_unbroken"]Well, We have a long time untill it comes out, So I'm just going to play them all, I figure thats the best way to lead up to XII, Because then you get the experiance of all of them, rather than oneffxjunky06
Yes i agree. Expanding your Knowlegde of the Series and getting a feel of how they all play is the best way to go. Doing this help to Prepare for any now Final Fanstasy game coming out. This is the same for other RPG's which are releasing an Addition to there Series (e.g. Kingdom Hearts (i know that Kingdom Hearts 2 is already out but im using it as an Example)). Doing this and playing various RPG's can help to get to Grips with Different Styles of Play and you will have a sure (and better) chance of completing the game.

On that note, i dont prepare for now RPG's being released because i feel that i dont have to. I just buy the game and Play it and then soon after Complete it.

Yeah i don't prepare for a game. Because i am so excited about this game, that this is the only game i want to play right now :P

ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ffxjunky06
Agreed.

Preparing for a game is like life Training, lol. You dont really have to do it. Training for a new game just helps to be more Flexible in the game but it really isnt needed.
jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#8 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
when i buy a game, i never look at the instruction manual until later when im wondering what the hell something is or how to do something. its always been a problem of mine. take ff vi for example. i couldnt figure out to do sabins pummel move. took me days.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts

when i buy a game, i never look at the instruction manual until later when im wondering what the hell something is or how to do something. its always been a problem of mine. take ff vi for example. i couldnt figure out to do sabins pummel move. took me days.jordina

I have to admit, i do :P. When i have just bought a new game and i am in the car on ym way home, i just start reading the instructions and see the characters and stuff :lol:

GreatMno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreatMno
Member since 2004 • 2601 Posts
I'm just going to go to work, come home, maybe play a little FFII, go to sleep and go back to work. I don't change my routine for a game, no matter where it comes from. But hey, that's just me.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ffxjunky06
I'm just going to go to work, come home, maybe play a little FFII, go to sleep and go back to work. I don't change my routine for a game, no matter where it comes from. But hey, that's just me.GreatMno
Well that is also an Effective Method. Never change your Routine for a game. Doesnt matter what game, how popular or how good the game is supposed to be. Stick to your chosen routine.
the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts

[QUOTE="GreatMno"]I'm just going to go to work, come home, maybe play a little FFII, go to sleep and go back to work. I don't change my routine for a game, no matter where it comes from. But hey, that's just me.ffxjunky06
Well that is also an Effective Method. Never change your Routine for a game. Doesnt matter what game, how popular or how good the game is supposed to be. Stick to your chosen routine.

yeah, its less confuseing that way, Games are just games, There are many thing's more important, and one is work. So do good and get a promotion :P

CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts
I've never really prepared for a game. I just jump in feet first & see what happens. It also makes the experience somewhat new, even if there is a familiar quality (ex: setting, battle system) with other games. I guess everyone has something they do before getting a new game. Mines is buying it...sometimes not even playing it till a few days later (work had me drained)...then diving in & hope I don't get bored in the first hour.
ffxjunky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ffxjunky06
I've never really prepared for a game. I just jump in feet first & see what happens. It also makes the experience somewhat new, even if there is a familiar quality (ex: setting, battle system) with other games. I guess everyone has something they do before getting a new game. Mines is buying it...sometimes not even playing it till a few days later (work had me drained)...then diving in & hope I don't get bored in the first hour.CMakaCreative
Exaclty, me and you are on the same boat with this matter. Lets hope it doesnt sink. :P

Well people are all differnet when it comes to games. Some train and some are layed back and i BET you get some out there that even mediate, that isnt strange at all and whatever gets you through in life with gaming then Stick to it. We are only human.