Timote87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Timote87
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
The only MMORPG I ever played is, Runescape and I want to know what FF11 is like
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
Just save up your money
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts

I never played it, only observed my friend playing it. According to him, leveling up takes forever, being in a good party is rare because most people don't know how to cooperate well as a team, in order to level up faster you will have to be in part because leveling up alone takes much longer then forever, monthly fees can hurt your wallet, and with all these anoying stuff the game can still be addictive.

Now in my opinion, I would not buy this game, I would buy World of Warcraft. This game is the best MMORPG game out there and it will be the best for a long time. But according to your low money condition, you should buy Guild Wars because its the only MMORPG game that has NO MONTHLY FEES. Its up there with the best MMORPG out there but its different. I would check the gamespot reviews before making a choice.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts

I never played it, only observed my friend playing it. According to him, leveling up takes forever, being in a good party is rare because most people don't know how to cooperate well as a team, in order to level up faster you will have to be in part because leveling up alone takes much longer then forever, monthly fees can hurt your wallet, and with all these anoying stuff the game can still be addictive.

Now in my opinion, I would not buy this game, I would buy World of Warcraft. This game is the best MMORPG game out there and it will be the best for a long time. But according to your low money condition, you should buy Guild Wars because its the only MMORPG game that has NO MONTHLY FEES. Its up there with the best MMORPG out there but its different. I would check the gamespot reviews before making a choice.

xVxObliVioNxVx

World of Warcraft is the best for the casual players when it comes to MMORPGs, but for the hardcore players it is too easy

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xVxObliVioNxVx
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

Nimroc

World of Warcraft is the best for the casual players when it comes to MMORPGs, but for the hardcore players it is too easy

And that is why its the best, an MMORPG for the broader audience. :)

happymog32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 happymog32
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts
i've never played it eihter.
happymog32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 happymog32
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts
i've never played it eihter.
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nimroc
[QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

xVxObliVioNxVx

That don't make it the best, just that more people can be succesful:P

svchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 svchaos
Member since 2005 • 3374 Posts
if you have ever played Phantasy star online then your not missing out really but it is a little better
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xVxObliVioNxVx
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

Nimroc

what makes it better is that its not just for hardcore players like EQ, but for everyone. You can do a quest that is 30 min. long or you could do a quest that is 4 hours long. its far less frustrating and more fun then other MMORPGs, that is why its the best.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nimroc
[QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

xVxObliVioNxVx

what makes it better is that its not just for hardcore players like EQ, but for everyone. You can do a quest that is 30 min. long or you could do a quest that is 4 hours long. its far less frustrating and more fun then other MMORPGs, that is why its the best.

The problem is that a MMORPG is supposed to last atleast a couple of years, but in WoW even a casual gamer can reach the highest lvl in 6 months

And there is not really much to do after you have reached lvl 60

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xVxObliVioNxVx
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

Nimroc

The problem is that a MMORPG is supposed to last atleast a couple of years, but in WoW even a casual gamer can reach the highest lvl in 6 months

I don't think that the casual game would want to spend more time then 6 months on it. The reason I don't play MMORPGs is because I am affraid that I will get addicted to it and not play a different game for a year or two.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nimroc
[QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

xVxObliVioNxVx

I don't think that the casual game would want to spend more time then 6 months on it. The reason I don't play MMORPGs is because I am affraid that I will get addicted to it and not play a different game for a year or two.

Myself I am trying to find a MMORPG that I really like, but that will take 9 months more until Vanguard comes out.

And I am going to make sure that I don't miss the start of that game, that was quite depressing in FFXI because they had already had the game for more than a year in japan so most of what that could be done was already done by others

master_of_yore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 master_of_yore
Member since 2005 • 5141 Posts

I don't really think it is that fun and would rather play WoW

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xVxObliVioNxVx
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

Nimroc

Myself I am trying to find a MMORPG that I really like, but that will take 9 months more until Vanguard comes out.

And I am going to make sure that I don't miss the start of that game, that was quite depressing in FFXI because they had already had the game in more than a year so most of what that could be done was already done by others

wow really, you mean events that take place at during a certain announced period, and you have be there in order to participate?

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nimroc
[QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

xVxObliVioNxVx

And I am going to make sure that I don't miss the start of that game, that was quite depressing in FFXI because they had already had the game in more than a year so most of what that could be done was already done by others

wow really, you mean events that take place at during a certain announced period, and you have be there in order to participate?

That can be done in MMORPGs but that is not the case in FFXI

I mean that there is no longer any way to be the first to do anything there that is not already done

I forgot to add that I meaned in Japan in my earlier post :)

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xVxObliVioNxVx
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

Nimroc

I mean that there is no longer any way to be the first to do anything there that is not already done

oh ok. But I saw on the FFXI website that they hold festivals at certain locations in the game at some period.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nimroc
[QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

xVxObliVioNxVx

oh ok. But I saw on the FFXI website that they hold festivals at certain locations in the game at some period.

And those festivals don't do anything special, exept that you may collect eggs in april, and such, and that they decorate the trees in the cities and such.

There may be some events with more Quests but FFXI is quite lame in that I would say

omegaschamp09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 omegaschamp09
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
I like FFXI I just cant afford it my accout has been canceled for 2 months i need o renew then quit so if i do change my mind to play again.but you have to give up your whole Frikin life to FFXI.
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xVxObliVioNxVx
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

Nimroc

And those festivals don't do anything special, exept that you may collect eggs in april, and such, and that they decorate the trees in the cities and such.

There may be some events with more Quests but FFXI is quite lame in that I would say

what a shame

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nimroc
[QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"]

xVxObliVioNxVx

what a shame

What that is depressing is that I know that they can make special events in MMORPGs

They even killed Morpheus in atleast one server in Matrix Online in a event

--MasterLink--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 --MasterLink--
Member since 2006 • 324 Posts
I have never played FF11
Bethesda117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bethesda117
Member since 2006 • 497 Posts
I have the beta and it completely PWNS!!! But I'm to poor to afford the mothly fee, so when April comes along.........OBLIVION ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!
OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts
Well if you compare FFXI to Runescape than it will probably look like the best MMORPG ever made. But if you don't compare it to Runescape it's probably not worth the silly amount of money you have to pay to play it, I reckon your safest bet for an MMORPG would be World of Warcraft or maybe Everquest. FFXI is an average game all round and, in my opinion, Square could have done much better with the great idea that is FF online.
Firestorm22485

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Firestorm22485
Member since 2004 • 45398 Posts
i never played it so i can't say but everyon tells me its really good, not the best by far but still a good game