donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 donovanx85
Member since 2006 • 363 Posts
hey i am a new final fantasy fan i just got through playing 8, i found that a majority of people in the untion dislike fianl fantasy 8, personaly i loved it and thought it was a solid RPG, of course its not my fav rpg in the world but overall it was very enjoyable. my main point is what do you the fellow union members think about the game overall?
AsianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 AsianGamer
Member since 2005 • 1052 Posts
great game
sketchley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sketchley
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

i thought it was cool  (even tho i only played until u got outta the school place) but what i hate about it is that the monsters level up with you

jiblam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 jiblam
Member since 2006 • 2105 Posts
No one hates the game !!
ccgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 ccgod
Member since 2003 • 7915 Posts

i thought it was cool (even tho i only played until u got outta the school place) but what i hate about it is that the monsters level up with you

sketchley

Yea thats what I hated the most if you get up to lvl 100 you can only kill things with Squalls renzokuken
xAGx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xAGx
Member since 2004 • 338 Posts
ff8 was actually my favorite out of the series. maybe thats because it was my first but whatever, its a great game with one of the best storylines to date.
Coolius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Coolius
Member since 2003 • 121 Posts

It's so great it makes me cry. ALMOST as good as FF VII.

Ultimecia's castle in the future was the most memorable part for me. But the game as a whole was incredible - nothing like it.

donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 donovanx85

xAGx wrote ff8 was actually my favorite out of the series. maybe thats because it was my first but whatever, its a great game with one of the best storylines to date.

hey it was my first FInal Fantasy aslo mabie thats why i hold it near and dear to my heart

yea i guess the monsters leveing up sucks but other than that i love the world and the characters the music is good to

most people ive talked to rank final fantasy 9 above all else, im playing it now and i realy dont like it at all, i love 8, 7, 10 ,and my friend( who got me hooked on the series)  said 6 is amazing to mabie better than 7 story wise

shadowgamer14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 shadowgamer14
Member since 2005 • 1947 Posts
I did not like it but played and beat it anyway why cause I am on a mission to beat every Final Fantasy except the Online ones so far I beaten all FF games except my 2 imports have not come in yet Derige of Cerbus and FF12 but anyway to get back on the subject naw I didn't like the game 
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

When i saw the topic title, i thought someone is just about to troll here or something :lol:

Anyway, i like FFVIII's romance element and the way the summons/ GFs are obtained.

Only thing that i would be disatisfactory about, yeah, it'll be the monsters levelling up with my characters. Training doesn't get easier as you level up, in fact, sometimes, it just gets tedious.

And, trust me, no one can hate a FF game. Maybe they won't like it as much as another FF, but no one can hate a FF game. Or, in fact, for any other games. No one can hate a game. There'll be some fun that they'll find while playing the game, so "hate the game" are usually comments by people who are yet 'well-versed' enough to voice out what elements they dislike about the game. There is always something in a game that is satisfactory or disatisfactory, no one hates a game. :)

jrnhanie0310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jrnhanie0310
Member since 2006 • 15177 Posts
i thought the game was great! it's my fav. Final Fantasy game
JhasNeeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JhasNeeh
Member since 2005 • 67 Posts

xAGx wrote most people ive talked to rank final fantasy 9 above all else, 

donovanx85

Had they been on any medication? Maybe of too high a dosage? FF9 is the '1984' of the series. I bought it the day it came out but have still not finished it, because it's so tough to actually sit down and work my way through. Personally, I think it's the worst of the lot. The story was bland yet still unbelevable, the graphics tried to be sofisticated but looked childish, and the Charactors did nothing to make me warm to them. I really wanted to shut that flipping tail in a door almost imediately.

As for FF8 - fantastic. It was never going to reach the levels of FF7, but did a great job of cementing the name into heads after the real breakthrough from 7. Squall may be a bit dull at times, but by the end you adore him, and the rest. The plot was fresh and kept you on your toes and the graphics were good as well. Obviously rubbish compared to modern things, but for the time they were top notch.
donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 donovanx85
you guys are the first people ive met in the union that like games for a change insted of just taking a game apart and foucsing on its worst qualities
Crusader_333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Crusader_333
Member since 2005 • 244 Posts
Where/when have people not like FFVIII.......................I LOVE it...............great awesome great game :D
djp4jdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 djp4jdv
Member since 2004 • 1575 Posts
Its a great game. One of my faves, and one of the most interesting and emotional endings I've seen in any game.
joe603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 joe603
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
Definitly 4th in ranking for me....FFVII, FFX, FFVI

The only thing I didn't like was how magic was used.  Sucking spells out of enemies got really old, really quick!  Also, finding the spots on the map that you could draw spells out of the ground.  Then, because your stats depended on your number of spells per character, it prevented thier use. 

Plus side, the summons were fantastic, even with all the button mashing to increase damage!  And of course the characters were extremely likeable. 
xAGx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xAGx
Member since 2004 • 338 Posts
[QUOTE="JhasNeeh"]

xAGx wrote most people ive talked to rank final fantasy 9 above all else,

donovanx85

Had they been on any medication? Maybe of too high a dosage? FF9 is the '1984' of the series. I bought it the day it came out but have still not finished it, because it's so tough to actually sit down and work my way through. Personally, I think it's the worst of the lot. The story was bland yet still unbelevable, the graphics tried to be sofisticated but looked childish, and the Charactors did nothing to make me warm to them. I really wanted to shut that flipping tail in a door almost imediately.

As for FF8 - fantastic. It was never going to reach the levels of FF7, but did a great job of cementing the name into heads after the real breakthrough from 7. Squall may be a bit dull at times, but by the end you adore him, and the rest. The plot was fresh and kept you on your toes and the graphics were good as well. Obviously rubbish compared to modern things, but for the time they were top notch.

wait a second, i didnt say anything about ff9. lol
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

what's strange about ff8 that nothing is good about it but the love story between squall and rinoa , or it would be the same just as any ff game

shadowgamer14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shadowgamer14

I agree the basicly a love story in every Final Fantasy so it just wasn't in FF8

jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#20 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts
yeah, its very good but i hate something about it.
shadowgamer14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shadowgamer14

Hmmm...well they are quite annoying

ShuyinXSeraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ShuyinXSeraph
Member since 2003 • 73 Posts
Good game, but it's hard to get used to and it sucks once you come back from the space station.  I never bothered with the 4th disc.
CMakaCreative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 CMakaCreative
Member since 2004 • 2107 Posts

FFVI, VII & X stick in my mind the most. VIII was good but alot of the story doesn't grab me like the others I've mentioned. For that reason alone, I bought FFVIII for my PC & going through it again. I usually play FF games 2 times minimum, but VIII I only played through once & IX I try to play through a second run, but didn't succeed. FF VIII isn't a bad game, except for the usual gripe, monsters lvl with you, & I'm not a fan of the draw system. It makes fighting take longer than usual unless you've maxed out spells that the current monster you're facing gives you. I just want to fight & move on, but if you find a new spell, fights can take up alot of time to get your character's spells maxed out so you don't have to draw in other fights. Besides that, I'm enjoying my second trip. I'm also playing VI for the umphteen time & so enjoy that game more. Even with it's out-dated graphics.
LiliumsShadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LiliumsShadow
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I lurve the game! it truley is teh sex!!! :D Animation and plot were immence! 6 outa 5 ranking! :D
BobSacamento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BobSacamento
Member since 2003 • 4340 Posts
i thought it was flipping amazing and it was my favourite one

definately had the best music / story in my opinion

it probably left me with the most memories after, it just had such...flow
Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dark_Kain
Member since 2004 • 1408 Posts

When i saw the topic title, i thought someone is just about to troll here or something :lol:

Anyway, i like FFVIII's romance element and the way the summons/ GFs are obtained.

Only thing that i would be disatisfactory about, yeah, it'll be the monsters levelling up with my characters. Training doesn't get easier as you level up, in fact, sometimes, it just gets tedious.

And, trust me, no one can hate a FF game. Maybe they won't like it as much as another FF, but no one can hate a FF game. Or, in fact, for any other games. No one can hate a game. There'll be some fun that they'll find while playing the game, so "hate the game" are usually comments by people who are yet 'well-versed' enough to voice out what elements they dislike about the game. There is always something in a game that is satisfactory or disatisfactory, no one hates a game. :)

kinetic-core
I'll challenge the statement about being unable to hate a game, especially a Final Fantasy game. To cite a non FF game I hate, I'll go with Radiata Stories. To cite a Final Fantasy game I hate, I hate Final Fantasy X (yes X, not X-2). All can probably find my reasons for hating those games in multiple topics on this board.
donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 donovanx85
hey its really EASY to level up you guys all you need to do is put Qustis in your party and lower her HP so you can use her limit, then go the the island closest to hell and use DEGENERATOR to get a super quick and easy win, youll hit LV100 in no time :lol:
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kinetic-core

I'll challenge the statement about being unable to hate a game, especially a Final Fantasy game. To cite a non FF game I hate, I'll go with Radiata Stories. To cite a Final Fantasy game I hate, I hate Final Fantasy X (yes X, not X-2). All can probably find my reasons for hating those games in multiple topics on this board.Gorman7147

"challenge"... lol

Okay, i'll try and bring out my point. :)

When i say no one can hate a game, i actually mean that no one can hate a game they've played. Something must have made you want to go on in that game. And, that something, will be the major factor as to why you actually "like" this game. The bad points in the game may be so overwhelming and maybe there are just too many bad points a game has, that your overall impression of the game is so bad, it makes you think that you hate it. But, really, "hate" is a very very strong word to use. Unless you're telling me you HATE a game you have never played or finish playing at least once, that will be totally acceptable. :)

I have played some games, and some of them are just so bad i never got past one hour with it. Yes, and those will be the games that i'll hate, probably. But, sometimes, you'll just look back on the point as to why you got that game in the first place, because there's something you like about it, and will try to force yourself to play it through, although you'll still be unable to get past the first hour. lol

Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dark_Kain

[QUOTE="Gorman7147"] I'll challenge the statement about being unable to hate a game, especially a Final Fantasy game. To cite a non FF game I hate, I'll go with Radiata Stories. To cite a Final Fantasy game I hate, I hate Final Fantasy X (yes X, not X-2). All can probably find my reasons for hating those games in multiple topics on this board.kinetic-core

"challenge"... lol

Okay, i'll try and bring out my point. :)

When i say no one can hate a game, i actually mean that no one can hate a game they've played. Something must have made you want to go on in that game. And, that something, will be the major factor as to why you actually "like" this game. The bad points in the game may be so overwhelming and maybe there are just too many bad points a game has, that your overall impression of the game is so bad, it makes you think that you hate it. But, really, "hate" is a very very strong word to use. Unless you're telling me you HATE a game you have never played or finish playing at least once, that will be totally acceptable. :)

I have played some games, and some of them are just so bad i never got past one hour with it. Yes, and those will be the games that i'll hate, probably. But, sometimes, you'll just look back on the point as to why you got that game in the first place, because there's something you like about it, and will try to force yourself to play it through, although you'll still be unable to get past the first hour. lol

I played through the whole game, but only because my other friends said it would grow on me as I got further. Ultimately, I did not care for FF8 at all. Radiata Stories is another game I played through all the way on both campaigns. The only reason I did that was because I preordered the thing and shelled out 50 bucks for it, and I refused to let that money go to waste like that.
Am13roses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Am13roses
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts
final fantasy VIII was my first and favorite final fantasy, the story was extremely epic and the leveling of monsters i thought was good, because it gave you a challenge all the way through the game, and the junctioning system was great too because contrary to what some one said earlier as renzokuken being the only thing that can kill enemies quickly if you have your stats high enough you can take out most enemies in 1-3 turns, thats pretty quick, i always thought FFVII was overrated, i went into the game having huge expectations, sure the whole meteor thing and sephiroth is kick ass, but having some crazy woman destroy or compress time itself is more evil if you ask me
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kinetic-core

I played through the whole game, but only because my other friends said it would grow on me as I got further. Ultimately, I did not care for FF8 at all. Radiata Stories is another game I played through all the way on both campaigns. The only reason I did that was because I preordered the thing and shelled out 50 bucks for it, and I refused to let that money go to waste like that.Gorman7147

Something must have made you go on! Think about it! Think!! :P Okay, put it in a non-game related way then. The fact that you had the company of your friend [the friendship element] makes you have some fond memories of the game? Some? You don't hate it. :) lol

And, if you're playing the game through just because you paid big bucks for it, okay, you win. But, sometimes, you just have to think about it, there's something about it that you like about it. :)

Dark_Kain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dark_Kain

[QUOTE="Gorman7147"] I played through the whole game, but only because my other friends said it would grow on me as I got further. Ultimately, I did not care for FF8 at all. Radiata Stories is another game I played through all the way on both campaigns. The only reason I did that was because I preordered the thing and shelled out 50 bucks for it, and I refused to let that money go to waste like that.kinetic-core

Something must have made you go on! Think about it! Think!! :P Okay, put it in a non-game related way then. The fact that you had the company of your friend [the friendship element] makes you have some fond memories of the game? Some? You don't hate it. :) lol

And, if you're playing the game through just because you paid big bucks for it, okay, you win. But, sometimes, you just have to think about it, there's something about it that you like about it. :)

Ok, I thought of the 1 thing I did enjoy about FFVIII, but it is indeed only one thing. I loved Seifer. He was a badass. Too bad they ruined him in KH2.
donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 donovanx85

the thing i rember the most about Final Fantasy VIII is the first time i saw the GF spell Ifrant it blew me away i had never seen anything like it. i watched my friend play through the entire Dollet mission and i could not belve a video game could have such depth or even a story plot, it was my first encounter with a RPG and ive been hooked ever sence.

4 disk was sommtin pritty amazing to, at the time atleast

MC_RaZaR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MC_RaZaR
Member since 2004 • 5640 Posts
I still remember the day that I got FInal Fantasy VIII. My brother and I went to get Final Fantasy VII. My brother some how messed up and got Final Fantasy VIII instead. I was disappointed. However, once I played FInal Fantasy VIII. I was just amazed. The game was so awesome. I can't describe how I felt on that day. So far, all the Final Fantasies I have played are great.
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#35 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts
I got VII and VIII at the same time, quite awhile go. but then I also have IV and V and VI. In falct all but IX and XI. And I will admit to liking X-2 better then X by just a skósh. And I prepaid for XII back in April. I'm going to have to say I like every Final Fantasy I've played. and that is all but the first three and IX and XI. and will inclue XII as soon as it gets released in the U.S.
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kinetic-core

Ok, I thought of the 1 thing I did enjoy about FFVIII, but it is indeed only one thing. I loved Seifer. He was a badass. Too bad they ruined him in KH2.Gorman7147

YAY!! Good for you! Now you've found your true path.... :) lol.. Thanks for really taking my words to heart. :wink:

ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
If there is a perfect love story in an RPG, it's definitely Final Fantasy VIII and Omega Weapon is what makes it more memorable.
Am13roses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Am13roses
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts
yea omega weapon is my favorite creature in any final fantasy, hes just so amazing and destructive and awesome..... wow im a loser, i don't see why they haven't used omega weapon in more games, sure they had it in FFX but that just screwed it up
sentinel1091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 sentinel1091
Member since 2006 • 327 Posts
i really liked that game, it was my 3rd FF. i really liked the junction system they used.but i absolutely despised:
!!SPOILERS!!

- looking for edeas ship
- enemies level with you
- fighting the monsters in the Ragnarok
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

I never bothered with the 4th disc.

I mean come on, your missing just about the coolest final boss dungeon I've have ever come across and the best music for a final boss dungeon.  Unless your missing disc 4, I suggest you play it. 

Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
FFVIII was okay....I didn't finish even the first part. I don't know, I wasn't use to the whole do it yourself to get money and the training part sucked for me. After FFVII, I was used to earning money from battles and staying in one spot to train for a long time until a reached a high level. For me FFVIII was okay, but I will not say I hate it because I haven't played it through.
Avatar image for The1-thtgotaway
The1-thtgotaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 The1-thtgotaway
Member since 2006 • 5853 Posts
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
I really dont understand why anyone wouldnt enjoy Final Fantasy VIII.I do have to say that the story kind of lost track of itself during the 3rd disc though as an overall experience i can come to terms with that. Well actually it didnt exactly lose track but instead it completly overhauled onto a completly new scenario which im sure no one could of guessed untill it was revealed onto the 3rd disc. I prefer when stories stick onto the source material which is built up from the beggining than rather it doing a 180 degree change.

Furthering on I think the majority of the cast of main characters where looked into quite effectivly. Also with the use of enigmas at the beginning, Who is Squall calling Sis? etc, and by answering most of them in the second disc we are then given an totally new experience to look into on the 3rd disc onwards. Lastly i think the flashback sequences are some of the best I have seen used in a game and the whole philosophy of time travel/time integration is some of the most complex,but not so farfetched,use of science fiction used in a game.
Spurs_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#44 Spurs_Fan
Member since 2005 • 13023 Posts
It is amazing!. But then again all FF's are :)
donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 donovanx85
man ive been postin on the wrong side of the union entil now you guys are awsome
donovanx85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 donovanx85

man ive been postin on the wrong side of the union entil now. you guys are awsome !

1. Final fantasy VIII

2. Final fantasy VII

3. Final fantasy VI

4. Final fantasy X

last of all video games ever played, Final fantasy 9

the_unbroken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#47 the_unbroken
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
[QUOTE="sketchley"]

i thought it was cool (even tho i only played until u got outta the school place) but what i hate about it is that the monsters level up with you

ccgod

Yea thats what I hated the most if you get up to lvl 100 you can only kill things with Squalls renzokuken

Yes, But in FFVIII it is not ment to level up far, But instead use the junction feature to its fullest. The higher the level, mean that you have faild at the junction. It is best to base everything solely on junctioning and not Leveling up, I usually try to stay below level 35.

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts
hey i am a new final fantasy fan i just got through playing 8, i found that a majority of people in the untion dislike fianl fantasy 8, personaly i loved it and thought it was a solid RPG, of course its not my fav rpg in the world but overall it was very enjoyable. my main point is what do you the fellow union members think about the game overall?donovanx85

My favourite game ever, the only problem i had was the fact that junctioning magic increased your stats by way too much, dont get me wrong i loved the junction system, it's just that you could get amazing stats very early on in the game.