Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Image:The World Ends With You.jpg

Okay we only have less then a week till this game comes out to North America. Let get the party started!:D Who excited for this game?

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Wanderer5

For those who don't know about this game, The World Ends With You(in Japan it call It a Wonderful World) is a upcoming Square Enix game created by Jupiter Corporation(also the creators of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories) for the DS. It will have a unique battle system using the Touch Screen controls, a great art design from Tetsuya Nomura and Gen Kobayashi, and many J-pop music to listen to.:)

-------------------------------------

STORY(from Wikipedia):

"Neku Sakuraba, a 15 year-old boy with a hobby for music and graffiti, wakes up in what seems to be the Shibuya shopping district of Toko, Japan. With no idea why he's there, he opens his hand to realize he is holding a strange black pin. After flipping it with his hand, the thoughts of the people surrounding him began to flow into his head at once. Surprised, Neku discovers he is able to read the minds of others, and assumes it has something to do with the black pin he is holding.

A cellphone starts to ring in his pocket, and he can't tell whether it is his or not. A text message appears: "Reach 104. You have 60 minutes. Fail, and face erasure. -The Reapers". After discovering he can't delete the message, a timer of 60 minutes imprints onto his right hand. Neku is in Shibuya to play the "Reapers' Game" which spans a total of 7 days. All Players of the Reapers' Game have a black pin with a skull embedded on it. The Reapers' Game has certain rules, which prevent him from leaving the Shibuya district. If Neku doesn't complete the game, he will be stricken from existence along with Shiki Misaki, a girl who is another Player in the game. Shiki and Neku forge a pact to work together with her for the week."

CHARACTERS:

Neku Sakuraba: Is the main character of the game(and a Sora look alike:P). He is distrustful of others and does not want to risk himself for other people's sake. His hobbies include listening to music and creating stylized graffiti.

Shiki Misaki: Is a stylish girl who makes a contract with Neku. She is outspoken and can easily befriend others. She is interested in the latest fashions, and has a dream to become fashion designer.

Yoshiya Kiryū: Is a mysterious and self-confident boy who acts quite friendly with Neku even at their first meeting. Instead of his given name, he prefers to call himself Joshua which according to him, was the nickname given to him by his parents.

Daisukenojō Bitō: Is a muscular and aggressive boy who wears contemporary street clothes and acts overprotective around his younger sister Rhyme. He is nicknamed Beat. He is hot-headed and stubborn and his reasons for coming to Shibuya are a mystery.

Raimu Bitō: Is a young and optimistic girl who never leaves her older brother Beat's side and acts as the voice of reason to counter him. Her nickname is Rhyme. She is a very bright and cheery person, and is an all-out earnest girl. Neku mistakes her for a boy at first because she does look like a boy(lol).

PREVIEWS(from gamespot and IGN for now):

Gamespots previews:

March 20 2008: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/wonderfulworld/news.html?sid=6188177&mode=recent

March 13 2007: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/wonderfulworld/news.html?sid=6170697&mode=recent

Ign previews:

March 14 2008: http://ds.ign.com/articles/859/859803p1.html

March 17 2007: http://ds.ign.com/articles/788/788028p1.html

PICTURES AND VIDEOS(from GS for now):

Videos:

Trailers: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/wonderfulworld/media.html?mode=trailers

Gameplay: http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/wonderfulworld/media.html?mode=gameplay

Pictures:

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/rpg/wonderfulworld/images.html?tag=tabs;images

--------------------------------------

REVIEWS:

EGM: A-, B+, A-

Nintendo Power: 9/10

Thunderbolt: 9/10

Gamepro: 4.5/5

Games Master UK: 88/100

Edge Magazine: 8/10

Ign UK: 8.9/10(http://ds.ign.com/articles/865/865109p1.html )

Ign: 9.0/10(http://ds.ign.com/articles/867/867129p1.html )

------------------------------------

Gamespot Review

The World Ends With You is a compelling and immaculately presented RPG from start to finish, and is a great way for Square Enix to kick off a new franchise.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
Nice post here wanderer! We can use this us our Launce Site for the game. I'll make a link to this thread in the homepag elater. ;)
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Wanderer5
Thanks.:) Okay I still going to add more sections like the characters section soon. The other thing is(which I going to update later) that the Square Enix Members(US) site now has a good amount of stuff about TWEWY.:)
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

The game looks pretty interesting. No DS though:(

I am specially intrigued about how well does the dual-screen combat system works.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts
We get the game today! I only just got a DS tuesday though and I started revenant wings again, so i may not get it for a while. Probably not until next month
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fantasy_Gamer
Anyone here wo thinks that the main character of the game looks like a rip-off from Sora's character design?
kinetic-core

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 kinetic-core
Member since 2006 • 9423 Posts

what'd you expect Ant? this IS a Square Enix game... :roll:

I still get the irritating feeling that this feels like a countdown to Armageddon or something. The World Ends! with you... :? lol

nice read mr breadman.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Wanderer5

Anyone here wo thinks that the main character of the game looks like a rip-off from Sora's character design?Fantasy_Gamer

I don't mind much as long as Nomura doesn't use the sora look alike character over and over again, and Neku look cooler then Sora IMO.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 johngebreadman

Anyone here wo thinks that the main character of the game looks like a rip-off from Sora's character design?Fantasy_Gamer

yes i do, just like Tidus was recycled from Cloud

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Wanderer5
Well only one more day(well actually two, but tomorrow is where they ship the copies) till the World ends.:twisted:
SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts
awesome, I can't wait to play this game....unfortunately it might be awhile for me - i am rather behind in my gaming lately! :)
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 johngebreadman
I recieved it today! i probably wont play it for a while though because i need to revise for exams.
Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Fantasy_Gamer
So, anyone playing the game right now?
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#15 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
I will be getting it on Saturday! So I will tell you then! XP
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wanderer5

I am now on day 6 and I am so enjoying this game. Great artstyle, great music, and a fun battle system. However this game feels a tad too linear.

Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
Wow this game sounds so good!Im definitely gonna get this tomorrow. :) Is it just me though or does it sorta look like Kingdom Hearts? 0.o Well anyways I hope Enix makes a squel of this from hearing good reviews about this game.
edmond1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 edmond1997
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i feel intrested
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 johngebreadman
this game is amazing, I am addicted, i am on the *spoiler* 2nd week
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts
I just sold the game to my friend for $30. I just couldn't get into it.
Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Lady_Bahamut

I just sold the game to my friend for $30. I just couldn't get into it.DrAwesomeMD

*Looks at you in horror*

pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#22 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts

I just sold the game to my friend for $30. I just couldn't get into it.DrAwesomeMD

*Gasp* :shock: But its so good! How far were you in it?

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrAwesomeMD

[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"]I just sold the game to my friend for $30. I just couldn't get into it.pikastar

*Gasp* :shock: But its so good! How far were you in it?

7th day in the 2nd week. The game wasn't my cup of tea.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johngebreadman
OMG! I love this game so far!!!! How can you not find it fun, the battle system is so refreshing because its different to anything!
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DrAwesomeMD

OMG! I love this game so far!!!! How can you not find it fun, the battle system is so refreshing because its different to anything!johngebreadman

I never understood what was so great about the battle system. I never had bundles of fun with it. It was cool at first, but then the whole "it's different" thing wore off and it didn't seem that great.

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lady_Bahamut

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]OMG! I love this game so far!!!! How can you not find it fun, the battle system is so refreshing because its different to anything!DrAwesomeMD

I never understood what was so great about the battle system. I never had bundles of fun with it. It was cool at first, but then the whole "it's different" thing wore off and it didn't seem that great.

I personally couldn't get enough of it, but I suppose everyone has their own tastes :P

Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts

[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]OMG! I love this game so far!!!! How can you not find it fun, the battle system is so refreshing because its different to anything!DrAwesomeMD

i kind of feel the same way towards it, there was always an odd feeling for me when playing through it, although i enjoyed it still