ksuddos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ksuddos
Member since 2005 • 72 Posts

I was never really that compelled by FF7. I frankly liked the darker story of Squall, Edea and Rinoa in FF8 which is probably my second favorite FF game. I mean FF7 was an amazing game at the time and I played it for hours upon hours but I enjoy the older FF games much more. I think a full graphically updated FF6, way back from the SNES days would interest me much more. Id love to play through an adventure on the PS3 with Locke (the thief) or Maybe Butz (the main character from FF5). Even going back to FF1-2-3 I personally would enjoy a totally re-made and updated adventure to pound the crap out of that dingleberry Garland in full 3D.

But FF6 was a great game it has different gameplay then all the other FF games I have played. It's definitely my favorite FF game, and in my opinion I think they should re-make that game or another game with the same characters/same environment but with a different story-line.

ksuddos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ksuddos
And I Know they sort of did that with the FF5/6 PSOne game but that just wasn't enough for me and probably a lot of other people. I want the whole thing re-made :D
phazonsamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 phazonsamus
Member since 2005 • 6147 Posts
i would love to see a graphically updated IV and VI more than anything but i am still going to love VII if they do remake it
Jalapenos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jalapenos
Member since 2003 • 1597 Posts
Watch your language boy !:evil: FF VII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF 1 - FF 6 !
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts

And I Know they sort of did that with the FF5/6 PSOne game but that just wasn't enough for me and probably a lot of other people. I want the whole thing re-made :Dksuddos

yeah I know what you mean and I really wouldn't consider PS versions of FF5/FF6 true remakes. I think inorder to trully remake them they would need to be done with modern graphics which now is the PS3 graphics.

But if square choosed to fully remake another FF game I think FFVI would be the most likely candidate. But remember, it has not been confirmed that FFVII is going to have remake, its just media is pushing square into a corner to the point where square would have to make one. Wow, a game so powerful that it has got the media and the fans to aggressivily demand a remake of it, now that's something that no game has ever accomplished.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts

[QUOTE="ksuddos"]And I Know they sort of did that with the FF5/6 PSOne game but that just wasn't enough for me and probably a lot of other people. I want the whole thing re-made :DxVxObliVioNxVx

yeah I know what you mean and I really wouldn't consider PS versions of FF5/FF6 true remakes. I think inorder to trully remake them they would need to be done with modern graphics which now is the PS3 graphics.

But if square choosed to fully remake another FF game I think FFVI would be the most likely candidate. But remember, it has not been confirmed that FFVII is going to have remake, its just media is pushing square into a corner to the point where square would have to make one. Wow, a game so powerful that it has got the media and the fans to aggressivily demand a remake of it, now that's something that no game has ever accomplished.

I hope that they, make a remake of the orginal FFII because it is the only mainstream FF that I have played that have a foundation for a story and that could have it's story really improved without a lot of fans get angry for it.

svchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 svchaos
Member since 2005 • 3374 Posts
your right, i would love to see a remake of final fantasy VI ooooooooooooooooh that would be awsome, but wasnt FFV's main characters name Bartz not Butz
ksuddos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ksuddos

MmmHmm it was Bartz in the English version.. sadly the only one Ive played was a Pirated Rom translated (rather shoddily) from Japanese. But hey if I didnt have Roms then I wouldnt have had the chance to experience a lot of well made RPGs. So thanks to those of you out there who do the "leg work" really more finger work I suppose, because I love playing the oldies. Most of the times you cant find your old games or theyre just broken because youve played it so much.

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts
Oh my goodness, I have been thinking this ever since I saw the FFVII tech demo for the PS3. I would absolutely love it if they remade FFVI (the best FF ever, IMO). Could you imagine seeing Locke, Sabin, Terra, Cyan...in awesome PS3 graphics? I would love to see the old school FFs in 3D just because it would be a completely new experience, you would be able to interact with everything so much more, the music would sound so much better, voice acting would be implemented. FFVII - X we have already seen in 3D, there would be nothing too different. I highly doubt they will remake any other besides VII (and that is, even if they do remake VII), but it's still fun to talk about.
svchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 svchaos
Member since 2005 • 3374 Posts

Oh my goodness, I have been thinking this ever since I saw the FFVII tech demo for the PS3. I would absolutely love it if they remade FFVI (the best FF ever, IMO). Could you imagine seeing Locke, Sabin, Terra, Cyan...in awesome PS3 graphics? I would love to see the old school FFs in 3D just because it would be a completely new experience, you would be able to interact with everything so much more, the music would sound so much better, voice acting would be implemented. FFVII - X we have already seen in 3D, there would be nothing too different. I highly doubt they will remake any other besides VII (and that is, even if they do remake VII), but it's still fun to talk about.
queen_valentine

yup yup yup :) even though it may never happen, i wish it really would

GreatMno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 GreatMno
Member since 2004 • 2601 Posts
Personally, I don't agree with bringing them. I do wholely agree that they are incredible games, especially VI. But one of the drawing aspects about them are that they are of the great 2-D era of RPG's, and changing them would take away some of the coolness for me.
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nimroc

Personally, I don't agree with bringing them. I do wholely agree that they are incredible games, especially VI. But one of the drawing aspects about them are that they are of the great 2-D era of RPG's, and changing them would take away some of the coolness for me.GreatMno

But you would still be able to play the old games in the orginal way.

And I think that in some years that they have to be remade if new generations should be able to like them

ecaftraf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ecaftraf
Member since 2005 • 182 Posts
i like the old games but i would rather have a remake of 8
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nimroc

i like the old games but i would rather have a remake of 8ecaftraf

So would I

master_of_yore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 master_of_yore
Member since 2005 • 5141 Posts
I agree a remade ffVI I have always wanted but not as much as a remade FFVII
naz18h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 naz18h
Member since 2004 • 17231 Posts

Of course they cant remake all of them....that would be ridiculos. I think its wise for them to remake FFVII becuase of course more people would want it and it would sell more i believe.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nimroc

Of course they cant remake all of them....that would be ridiculos. I think its wise for them to remake FFVII becuase of course more people would want it and it would sell more i believe.

naz18h

And then they can remake more games with the money they gain on a FFVII remake :)

GreatMno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 GreatMno
Member since 2004 • 2601 Posts
Games do not need to be remade for them to be handed down through the years. All sorts of other entertainment material are simply handed over in there original state, and their own attraction makes people like them.
Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nimroc

Games do not need to be remade for them to be handed down through the years. All sorts of other entertainment material are simply handed over in there original state, and their own attraction makes people like them.GreatMno

I am not sure that it will help in some years when the younger generation begin to get used to better and better graphics

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts
I dont mind a remake of Vll..i did enjoy Vll alot...but, i rather see a remake of Vl and lX. Those 2 are the best Final Fantasy games in my opinion.
shoots18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 shoots18
Member since 2003 • 7419 Posts
I would like remakes of the originals, that would be quite exciting.
OGEpisodes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 OGEpisodes
Member since 2003 • 2543 Posts

Watch your language boy !:evil: FF VII >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FF 1 - FF 6 !Jalapenos

Actually it's more like this, FF7 > FF1 FF2 FF5 and FF4 FF6 > FF7

Avatar image for Legendary_Gamer
Legendary_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Legendary_Gamer
Member since 2003 • 12281 Posts
i liked FF6 the best......oh and Id much rather want a Chrono Trigger remake
OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts

I was never really that compelled by FF7. I frankly liked the darker story of Squall, Edea and Rinoa in FF8 which is probably my second favorite FF game. I mean FF7 was an amazing game at the time and I played it for hours upon hours but I enjoy the older FF games much more. I think a full graphically updated FF6, way back from the SNES days would interest me much more. Id love to play through an adventure on the PS3 with Locke (the thief) or Maybe Butz (the main character from FF5). Even going back to FF1-2-3 I personally would enjoy a totally re-made and updated adventure to pound the crap out of that dingleberry Garland in full 3D.

But FF6 was a great game it has different gameplay then all the other FF games I have played. It's definitely my favorite FF game, and in my opinion I think they should re-make that game or another game with the same characters/same environment but with a different story-line.

ksuddos

Finally, FF 1 and 6 derserves more credict than 7. Oh well l@m3 FF7 fanboys/girls have the power. I rather be a anything FF fanboy, not a FF7 fanboy :-p

OmegaOrtega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 OmegaOrtega
Member since 2004 • 4502 Posts
I dont mind a remake of Vll..i did enjoy Vll alot...but, i rather see a remake of Vl and lX. Those 2 are the best Final Fantasy games in my opinion.guard12

Thank you, I agree. FF6 was the best on SNES and FF9 was the best on PS1.
wp3phu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 wp3phu
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
[QUOTE="guard12"]I dont mind a remake of Vll..i did enjoy Vll alot...but, i rather see a remake of Vl and lX. Those 2 are the best Final Fantasy games in my opinion.OmegaOrtega

Thank you, I agree. FF6 was the best on SNES and FF9 was the best on PS1.

Yeah!! FFVI is the BEST!!!!!!!!
Frederick435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Frederick435
Member since 2005 • 4167 Posts
THEY have already brought bCK 1&2 AND THERE remaking 3/6.
MetalHeadsRUs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MetalHeadsRUs
Member since 2004 • 875 Posts

ksuddos

You can't bring back the old ones! They're perfect how they are! 8 and 16 bit are awesome!

And what is this "darker story" in FFVIII? The story was good, until they completely destroyed it at the orphanage scene.

I love the old games, trust me. However I love them for how they look too! You have to admit, FFVII was ugly as hell outside battle, and that's what you were looking at most of the time.

I never really liked FFVI too much though... I could never get into it, and the story took too long to develop.

Frederick435

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Frederick435
Member since 2005 • 4167 Posts
[QUOTE="ksuddos"]

MetalHeadsRUs

You can't bring back the old ones! They're perfect how they are! 8 and 16 bit are awesome!

And what is this "darker story" in FFVIII? The story was good, until they completely destroyed it at the orphanage scene.

I love the old games, trust me. However I love them for how they look too! You have to admit, FFVII was ugly as hell outside battle, and that's what you were looking at most of the time.

I never really liked FFVI too much though... I could never get into it, and the story took too long to develop.

FF6 rocked , it had a good story, i rather have a long game than one that last 15 hours.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Nimroc
[QUOTE="ksuddos"]

MetalHeadsRUs

I can't see why so many people hate that scene, I thought that it was a interesting scene and I have seen much worse ideas in games that is greatly loved

Brett_Eversole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#32 Brett_Eversole
Member since 2005 • 2628 Posts
How did FFVI's story take too long to develop? Please enlighten me, because I was under the impression that (Aside from maybe FFX) it developed more quickly than any other in the series.
xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts
[QUOTE="MetalHeadsRUs"][QUOTE="ksuddos"]

Nimroc

I can't see why so many people hate that scene, I thought that it was a interesting scene and I have seen much worse ideas in games that is greatly loved

I like this scene too, its that one scene where you actually get learn about the characters background history.

ffsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ffsage
Member since 2005 • 2028 Posts
I think the reason why they chose ff7 is because it would show the power of the ps3 without having to go to such trouble to make a 2d into a 3d. Yes, I'm sure if ff6 was made in 3d, they would chose it over 7.
strife737

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 strife737
Member since 2005 • 486 Posts
i would love if they remade 6 becaue it would give me mor of a reason to play it
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5c6dbe0f49981
Member since 2005 • 3113 Posts
[QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="MetalHeadsRUs"][QUOTE="ksuddos"]

xVxObliVioNxVx

I like this scene too, its that one scene where you actually get learn about the characters background history.

I am sorry, but that did ruin the whole story. I mean come on almost everyone in the group went to the same orphanage and not only that didn't even remember that they did. I don't remember how Square pulled off the whole forgetting part, but in my opinion that made it seem like they just ran out of any more good ideas for each persons back story.

I haven't played FFVII in so long though most of that game is a blur in my mind. If it wasn't for Radiata Stories coming out soon I would replay it right now. As I don't have much free time to play it and by the time I get into FFVIII Radiata Stories will be out and I will have to stop.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Nimroc
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"][QUOTE="MetalHeadsRUs"][QUOTE="ksuddos"]

Almighty567

I am sorry, but that did ruin the whole story. I mean come on almost everyone in the group went to the same orphanage and not only that didn't even remember that they did. I don't remember how Square pulled off the whole forgetting part, but in my opinion that made it seem like they just ran out of any more good ideas for each persons back story.

I haven't played FFVII in so long though most of that game is a blur in my mind. If it wasn't for Radiata Stories coming out soon I would replay it right now. As I don't have much free time to play it and by the time I get into FFVIII Radiata Stories will be out and I will have to stop.

I don't see it as a cheap trick as you get it to sound as.

FFVIII do have two themes, one is Love that everyone that have played the game knows, but it also have Fate

That scene fits quite well into the theme of fate, because it would be that even if they where seperated they got together again.

And I see the thing that they lost memories because of the GF's as a well thought part, because it seems as a good payment or offer to the GF's for their help.

GR42178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GR42178
Member since 2005 • 69 Posts
Yea I miss the old school days of 2D RPGs, FF4 had the best storry Yang, Palom and Porom come on those were great characters