jordina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 0

#1 jordina
Member since 2006 • 5410 Posts

if this game was to ever be remade that is. im am worried about what the battle system would be like. heres what i think should be done, ill try to make it short.

like someone mentioned before, the world map should be like seeing a town in the distance and travelling to it. i think we should have that type of world map. we could travel across the land with our chosen party members next to us. we will be able to see monsters in the distance. if you approach a monster the screen wont blur or fade. you will loose the abillity to move cloud or any other character around. the characters would automatically move around( no standing in lines). all you will have to do is select the commands. once the enemie is defeated you will be able to move cloud again.

i think this is perfect for an ffvii remake.

Johnhei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Johnhei
Member since 2005 • 64 Posts

I agree!

The battle system needs to be changed. You should be able to move around with the party, and actually see the enemies before you meet them! It makes sense, that you don`t have to change screens or anything before fighting as well. I also hope that you can choose between leveling systems, like the sphere grid, classic and so on! I also liked the controllable summons in FF X, but I reckon you shouldn`t be allowed to control every summon, but I would like some controllable ones in a FF VII remake as well.

koronatheif77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 koronatheif77
Member since 2005 • 369 Posts
yea i agree with both of you
clement1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clement1212
Member since 2005 • 649 Posts
yeah.  and by the way, if i do find one ff7 for ps1 on the shelf, how do i play it with the ps2?
Avatar image for asianpaintbaler
asianpaintbaler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 asianpaintbaler
Member since 2004 • 2478 Posts
yeah. and by the way, if i do find one ff7 for ps1 on the shelf, how do i play it with the ps2?clement1212
just pput it in and play it
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
If Sqaure-Enix decide to remake FFVII and change the battle system, they need to make it in real time. The reason is because playing in real time is so fun.
gamerrgurrl9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gamerrgurrl9
Member since 2005 • 1982 Posts

A battle system like Star Ocean Till the End of Time would be perfect.

oggydoggy2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 oggydoggy2005
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts
if they made it a real time battle system, then how exactly would they do the summons? and if they make them like they did in FFX, how would something like knights of the round work?  if i thought a bit more id prolly think of more ways that it would be difficult to change the battle system
Soldier_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#9 Soldier_Shadow
Member since 2005 • 865 Posts

[QUOTE="clement1212"]yeah. and by the way, if i do find one ff7 for ps1 on the shelf, how do i play it with the ps2?asianpaintbaler
just pput it in and play it

yes that is part of it, but u also need a PS1 Memory Card to put in a Slot because if u dont, then u cant save your game.

Also, I read somewhere that someone working at Square-Enix let it slip that there is going to be a remake of FFVII for the PS3. I think it was a message from this union but I think I'm pretty sure that there will be a remake. Them saying that the PS3 Tech Demo was just a test of what FFVII would look like on the PS3 was just a cover and a little teaser.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Soulja_West
[QUOTE="oggydoggy2005"]if they made it a real time battle system, then how exactly would they do the summons? and if they make them like they did in FFX, how would something like knights of the round work? if i thought a bit more id prolly think of more ways that it would be difficult to change the battle system

They can do the summons like they didi in Kingdom Hearts.
Soldier_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#11 Soldier_Shadow
Member since 2005 • 865 Posts
Kingdom Hearts did the summons pretty good by having them summoned but u are still in the fight. They could either have the Summons stop time when they come out and do their attack or do it the Kingdom Hearts way and leave you in the fight along with the summons. With you and the Knights of the Round attacking, there is no way you can lose
chinadude22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 chinadude22
Member since 2005 • 1999 Posts
I disagree with both of youkoronatheif77
:question:
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kingdom09
Member since 2005 • 53071 Posts

If Sqaure-Enix decide to remake FFVII and change the battle system, they need to make it in real time. The reason is because playing in real time is so fun. Soulja_West

You got that right dude, and FFXII is going to be great liek that.

omnipotentneko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 omnipotentneko
Member since 2006 • 619 Posts

I think that the Summons should be done similar to FFX. But instead of your members leaving the field, they should be there in the mix. The summons could either be NPC's or they could be another addition to the party. But then again... it wouldn't be the same if they redid the battles in this way.

Also, they should make the map where you can zoom out a long way, and also zoom right in to what you would see if you were a member of the party. It just makes you feel like you are more of a part of the story that way. The characters should also be given a variety of attacks to do during the battle. Instead of Cloud just swinging his sword at a birds feet, he should jump and deliver a hefty blow to its head!

SSforlife41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SSforlife41
Member since 2005 • 3139 Posts

[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]If Sqaure-Enix decide to remake FFVII and change the battle system, they need to make it in real time. The reason is because playing in real time is so fun. kingdom09

that would be pretty chill

kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingdom09
[QUOTE="kingdom09"]

[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]If Sqaure-Enix decide to remake FFVII and change the battle system, they need to make it in real time. The reason is because playing in real time is so fun. SSforlife41

that would be pretty chill

Yeah, I would definently buy that remake, and then I will of course be buying FFXII when it comes out.

OddballTECH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 109

#17 OddballTECH
Member since 2005 • 7905 Posts
I like that battle system you mentioned.  It would be perfect for an FFVII remake.  But imagine if they turned the game into a hack n slash like Kingdom Hearts; that would be weird.
Enterprise-E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Enterprise-E
Member since 2002 • 5322 Posts
Is it just me but i liked the way FFVII's Battle System but it could use an update like the fast pace of FFX-2 battle system. 
Arkanus21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arkanus21
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
if they will remake the FF7 battle system it should be like the FF12 battle system cuz its coll that you can move your character around the battle field
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 kingdom09

if they will remake the FF7 battle system it should be like the FF12 battle system cuz its coll that you can move your character around the battle field Arkanus21

Yeah, we kinda  been talking bout that but yeah....>_>

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Soulja_West

[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]If Sqaure-Enix decide to remake FFVII and change the battle system, they need to make it in real time. The reason is because playing in real time is so fun. kingdom09

No its not, I've played the demo at EBgames and I didn't like the battle system.
ff7fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ff7fan2
Member since 2006 • 31413 Posts
Is it just me but i liked the way FFVII's Battle System but it could use an update like the fast pace of FFX-2 battle system.  Enterprise-E
I agree with you, because I like the original battle system. It would just need a little update, that is all.
kingdom09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingdom09
[QUOTE="kingdom09"]

[QUOTE="Soulja_West"]If Sqaure-Enix decide to remake FFVII and change the battle system, they need to make it in real time. The reason is because playing in real time is so fun. Soulja_West

No its not, I've played the demo at EBgames and I didn't like the battle system.

Oh, i thought you liked the gameplay of it?   Ithought it was pretty sweet that they finally changed it to make it like that now.