Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Fenian_lostsoul
Member since 2005 • 5500 Posts
I know already that a remake of FF4 is coming out for the DS, but recently i read about a remake of the same game alsp being made for the psp? its probably bull, but maybe somebody knows something about about this?
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#2 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts
I hope not. They should stop remaking games.
Avatar image for Fenian_lostsoul
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Fenian_lostsoul

I hope not. They should stop remaking games.IpodHero176

Some remakes are really good, plus if you want to play the 1sts of the serie, is easier to play a modern remake

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IpodHero176

[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]I hope not. They should stop remaking games.Fenian_lostsoul

Some remakes are really good, plus if you want to play the 1sts of the serie, is easier to play a modern remake

But they already remade FF1 ans 2, 4, 5, and 6. There is no need to to remake them again.

Avatar image for queen_valentine
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 queen_valentine
Member since 2004 • 5870 Posts
Where did you hear this?
deadwash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#6 deadwash
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts
THe FFIV is just going to DS there isn't a confirmated For PSP thats another Notice then agin there isn't a remake of other FF if heard that maybe was dreaming or something
Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fenian_lostsoul
[QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]I hope not. They should stop remaking games.IpodHero176

But they already remade FF1 ans 2, 4, 5, and 6. There is no need to to remake them again.

I guess you are right about that, but i was hoping for a remake like FF3 for the DS

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]I hope not. They should stop remaking games.Fenian_lostsoul

I guess you are right about that, but i was hoping for a remake like FF3 for the DS

Yeah, but it's not really needed. They shouldn't remake them year after year.

Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fenian_lostsoul
[QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

So I guess you wont buy/play the FF IV remake for the DS?

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

You're right;)

I love FFIV, but I don't think they should remake it again after they remade it for the GBA not even 3 years ago.

Fingertrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fingertrap
Member since 2005 • 823 Posts
I think I'll get it, I always wanted to see FFIV in 3D but I already have it on SNES, PS and GBA... I guess I'm a fanatic :P
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IpodHero176

I think I'll get it, I always wanted to see FFIV in 3D but I already have it on SNES, PS and GBA... I guess I'm a fanatic :PFingertrap

There's nothing wrong with that:D

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 queen_valentine
I'm planning on getting the DS FFIV too!
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
[QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

You're right;)

I love FFIV, but I don't think they should remake it again after they remade it for the GBA not even 3 years ago.

remakes are good ill probably buy it cause ive never played that ff before and about remakes are they ever gonna make a remake for FF7 ill buy that remake as soon as it comes out

crushgoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 crushgoil
Member since 2006 • 2554 Posts

I think I'll get it, I always wanted to see FFIV in 3D but I already have it on SNES, PS and GBA... I guess I'm a fanatic :PFingertrap

haha as am I then, I also have it on SNES and PS and will buy the DS though I don't have the GBA version.

Full_Metal1923

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Full_Metal1923
Member since 2006 • 4132 Posts
Are you guys trying to own all versions of FFIV? :lol: As for me I nay wait and see how the DS version comes along but I'd probably go for the GBA version first just so I don't have to wait longer to give the game another go.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]I hope not. They should stop remaking games.NuKkU

You're right;)

remakes are good ill probably buy it cause ive never played that ff before and about remakes are they ever gonna make a remake for FF7 ill buy that remake as soon as it comes out

You know, I heard a rumor that the only reason SE is remaking all these games is to train new programmers they have(I guess they hired a lot of them, lucky guys).

If you remember a quote by Nomura on remaking FF7, "To remake FF7, it would take over 300 programmers and a lot of money(I forgot the amount, but it might of been in the millions) to make, which is what we don't have much of at the time".

What I think is happening is, SE is training these programmers to remake FF7 for the PS3.

I think that they should remake FF7 for the PS2 instead of the PS3. it would be a little cheaper, and more people would buy it.

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

You're right;)

You know, I heard a rumor that the only reason SE is remaking all these games is to train new programmers they have(I guess they hired a lot of them, lucky guys).

If you remember a quote by Nomura on remaking FF7, "To remake FF7, it would take over 300 programmers and a lot of money(I forgot the amount, but it might of been in the millions) to make, which is what we don't have much of at the time".

What I think is happening is, SE is training these programmers to remake FF7 for the PS3.

I think that they should remake FF7 for the PS2 instead of the PS3. it would be a little cheaper, and more people would buy it.

I think instead of remaking FF7 for the PS3, SE should finish XIII and versus. :P

Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fenian_lostsoul
[QUOTE="NuKkU"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="Fenian_lostsoul"]

You're right;)

That's a interesting rumour, but i would like to play FF7 for the ps3, i doesn't matter how much time it would take, it would be game worth waiting for.

btw i won't/buy play the IV either :P

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IpodHero176
It's actually a solid rumor. That quote is real(I saw it on a few game sites like IGN).
Avatar image for michelle_moraes
michelle_moraes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#21 michelle_moraes
Member since 2005 • 4198 Posts
They already mentioned at the begining of the year that there will be a whole lot of remakes in the future, because they want to train the programmers (and get some profit in the meantime, of course). So I don't it stopping anytime soon... at least this time they will be true remakes, like FFIII for the DS was, and not just a port like FFVI Advance for the GBA.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 IpodHero176

They already mentioned at the begining of the year that there will be a whole lot of remakes in the future, because they want to train the programmers (and get some profit in the meantime, of course). So I don't it stopping anytime soon... at least this time they will be true remakes, like FFIII for the DS was, and not just a port like FFVI Advance for the GBA.michelle_moraes

I like FFVI Advance.

Sprigain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 Sprigain
Member since 2006 • 3575 Posts
i don't think there will be one for the psp
ZhenDash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ZhenDash
Member since 2006 • 1483 Posts
Who knows? Maybe they're going to remake them until we arrived to a remake of FF VII
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IpodHero176

Who knows? Maybe they're going to remake them until we arrived to a remake of FF VIIZhenDash

I just want them to remake FF7-9, so everyone can stop complaining about a remake of FF7.

I added 8 and 9 because I love FF8, and 9 because 9 shouldn't be left out.

FF7= PS3

FF8= 360

FF9= Wii

and last but not least, Chrono Trigger for the GBA:D

superfighter86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 superfighter86
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts
Hmmm....I wonder if all of the remakes from FF7 to FF9 are done and over (which will take ages), then that may mean that SE will be forced to start something fresh from now on. I would Love to see a Chrono Trigger remake, though. :P
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 queen_valentine

[QUOTE="ZhenDash"]Who knows? Maybe they're going to remake them until we arrived to a remake of FF VIIIpodHero176

I just want them to remake FF7-9, so everyone can stop complaining about a remake of FF7.

FF7= PS3

FF8= 360

FF9= Wii

Yay for FF9! That poor game...so unappreciated. It shouldn't be on the Wii though. I would love to see FF9 with 360/PS3 graphics. That game has some breathtaking environments and I don't think the Wii could push that through (I am not saying I don't like the Wii though :P)

Yea, honestly, why haven't they made a CT remake? They've remade just about everything else now! Hee hee

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="ZhenDash"]Who knows? Maybe they're going to remake them until we arrived to a remake of FF VIIqueen_valentine

FF7= PS3

FF8= 360

FF9= Wii

Yay for FF9! That poor game...so unappreciated. It shouldn't be on the Wii though. I would love to see FF9 with 360/PS3 graphics. That game has some breathtaking environments and I don't think the Wii could push that through (I am not saying I don't like the Wii though :P)

Yea, honestly, why haven't they made a CT remake? They've remade just about everything else now! Hee hee

I have no clue:? They recently(a few years ago) copyrighted the series, so only they can make them, but I don't know why. I think they don't want to ruin it. I heard that Sakaguchi(Mistwalker) is trying to get the liscense, which I think he should have it(he made it after all). Even though he's with Mistwalker, he wouldn't put it on the 360(he would put it on the DS). The sequels though, would be on the 360 though.

Anyways, I don't know why they haven't. I guess they think that putting it on the VC counts as a remake(it's a port though).

queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="ZhenDash"]Who knows? Maybe they're going to remake them until we arrived to a remake of FF VIIIpodHero176

FF7= PS3

FF8= 360

FF9= Wii

I have no clue:? They recently(a few years ago) copyrighted the series, so only they can make them, but I don't know why. I think they don't want to ruin it. I heard that Sakaguchi(Mistwalker) is trying to get the liscense, which I think he should have it(he made it after all). Even though he's with Mistwalker, he wouldn't put it on the 360(he would put it on the DS). The sequels though, would be on the 360 though.

Anyways, I don't know why they haven't. I guess they think that putting it on the VC counts as a remake(it's a port though).

Ahh, I see. I had heard about the whole Sakaguchi thing and the rights. But Chrono Trigger's going to VC? That's cool! :)

IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 IpodHero176
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"][QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="ZhenDash"]Who knows? Maybe they're going to remake them until we arrived to a remake of FF VIIqueen_valentine

FF7= PS3

FF8= 360

FF9= Wii

Ahh, I see. I had heard about the whole Sakaguchi thing and the rights. But Chrono Trigger's going to VC? That's cool! :)

I just reviewed my info, and SE said that CT might be on the VC if they settle some copyright issues.

The link is here.

Fenian_lostsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Fenian_lostsoul
[QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

FF7= PS3

FF8= 360

FF9= Wii

Yeah, wii wouldn't pull it off. 9 being my favourite ff game and all, i think it would be awesome to see the fight between Alexander and Bahamut with ps3 graphics.

Avatar image for jellyjamsixpack
jellyjamsixpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 jellyjamsixpack
Member since 2006 • 46 Posts
I half agree with you. I don't think they should remake any more of the Final Fantasy games. But i would like them to remake Final Fantasy 7 because that was one of the greatest games ever created. And i think they are remaking it.
queen_valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 queen_valentine
[QUOTE="queen_valentine"][QUOTE="IpodHero176"]

[QUOTE="ZhenDash"]Who knows? Maybe they're going to remake them until we arrived to a remake of FF VIIFenian_lostsoul

FF7= PS3

FF8= 360

FF9= Wii

Yeah, wii wouldn't pull it off. 9 being my favourite ff game and all, i think it would be awesome to see the fight between Alexander and Bahamut with ps3 graphics.

Yes! I love that scene so much! I like that one, and the one where Atomos's attack on Lindblum. It was sad, but a good cutscene nonetheless...

I think my ultimate dream would be for a full fledged-out 3D remake of Final Fantasy VI on the PS3. Seeing as how beautiful Final Fantasy XIII/Versus is looking to be, if it were to look anything like that, I think I would die. Imagine the scene at the end of the Floating Continent with full 3D graphics... :D

Rizhall456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rizhall456
Member since 2005 • 4045 Posts
i think, when you think about it, they have no choice but to remake the games. sure, they make a lot of money from the new games, but i don't think it's enough to start as many NEW projects as they are starting, so they're trying to get additional funding by selling remakes, which don't cost a lot. but i admit, i'm getting very tired of the remakes. hated ff3 remake =\ but i AM looking forward to the FFT remake. i wish they put more effort into the ff1 and 2 remakes for the psp. as a spriter, i know that the sprite remakes they did isn't hard at all, and i can probably do the exact same thing if i borrowed the old old sprites and did a little editting. i feel like they're just trying to rip us off for a quick buck instead of trying to give us something they expect us to enjoy as we wait for the bigger titles.