FFVII voted third best game of all time..

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#1 johngebreadman
Member since 2007 • 9960 Posts

In a recent poll on Game.co.uk where over 100,000 UK citizens voted for the best games of all time.

Other SE games on this list include:

Final Fantasy X at number 33
Final Fantasy VIII at number 41
Final Fantasy IX at number 66
Kingdom hearts at number 79
Kingdom hearts II at number 90
Final Fantasy XII at number 91

The rest of the list can be viewed here

Also, by having the most games on the list, Final Fantasy has been voted the greatest series of all time

Lady_Bahamut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lady_Bahamut
Member since 2007 • 1224 Posts
I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higher
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johngebreadman

I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherLady_Bahamut
I didn't vote I didn't know about it until I saw the list :( FFX should have been up 32 places

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

Call of Duty 4 is No. 1? What the..... :? :?

It beat out OoT and VII?

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 johngebreadman
All the 360 fanbboys I guess...
pikastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 pikastar
Member since 2006 • 3405 Posts
Woohoo Im very happy FFVII made it up so high. But personally I dont think the games in 1 and 2 deserve being up there.
kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#7 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts

COD4 is a good game, I'm not going to deny that, but I can't believe it beat out OoT and VII as the best game of all time (to the UK anyway). It helps COD4 is multi-plat, so it wasn't just 360 fanboys, lots of PS3 gamers and PC gamers play it too. I got bored of MP after about 6 hours...it's just spam and spawn/die in 5 seconds...then repeat.

cottoboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cottoboi
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
What was 2nd? VII and Ocarino are much better games than COD 4.
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrAwesomeMD
Member since 2007 • 17547 Posts

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherjohngebreadman

I didn't vote I didn't know about it until I saw the list :( FFX shouldn't be there at all.

Fixed. FFX wasn't that great.

Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 Cronaroth
Member since 2004 • 3011 Posts
[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherDrAwesomeMD

I didn't vote I didn't know about it until I saw the list :( FFX shouldn't have been on the list.

Fixed again. also CoD4 is a multiplat---a VERY popular one at that. I do agree it didnt deserve number 1-then again I also think FFVII ranked way too high (I love FFVII but I like other games better)
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherCronaroth

I didn't vote I didn't know about it until I saw the list :( FFX shouldn't have been on the list.

Fixed again.

I didn't see this post before I edited mine. You read my mind! :lol:

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.
Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#13 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherjohngebreadman

I didn't vote I didn't know about it until I saw the list :( FFX should have been up 32 places

I agree, at least the Japan version of the voting has FF X the greatest game of all time.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherSony_FanBoy

I agree, at least the Japan version of the voting has FF X the greatest game of all time.

Really, best game ever? I can see how people can think it's the best in the series, but there are far better games on PS2 alone.

Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cronaroth
[QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherDrAwesomeMD

Really, best game ever? I can see how people can think it's the best in the series, but there are far better games on PS2 alone.

I think Japan has lost it's mind if that's the case.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 johngebreadman

No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.Fantasy_Gamer
well the first ff we ever got was FFVII

also, stop dissing FFX before I get angry...

Sony_FanBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#17 Sony_FanBoy
Member since 2006 • 2993 Posts
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherCronaroth

Japan was never right in the head. Look at Katamari Damacy, Rez, LocoRoco, Patapon, Final Fantasy lol.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DrAwesomeMD

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.johngebreadman

Sorry if we're making you mad, but FFX does not deserve the title of "best game ever". I can understand someone saying it's the best in the series, but there are far better games on PS2(Shadow of the Colossus springs to mind) and other consoles.

cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 cloud31blunt
Member since 2007 • 624 Posts
[QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.DrAwesomeMD

Sorry if we're making you mad, but FFX does not deserve the title of "best game ever". I can understand someone saying it's the best in the series, but there are far better games on PS2(Shadow of the Colossus springs to mind) and other consoles.

Wow i could never put a game like shadow of the colossus over something like FFX. FFX is A deep game with so much to see and do and shadow is a shallow rince and repeat title that shouldnt even be in the top 10 ps2 games but thats just my opinion.

Anyhow i was amazed at some of the results in that list like no FF6 is crazy and COD4 and OOT ahead of FF7 and Metal gear Solid is insane i mean i would have perfered to see halo at 1 than COD not to mention FFX not in top 10 a bit weird. Aaaah well thats UK for ya.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johngebreadman

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.cloud31blunt

Wow i could never put a game like shadow of the colossus over something like FFX. FFX is A deep game with so much to see and do and shadow is a shallow rince and repeat title that shouldnt even be in the top 10 ps2 games but thats just my opinion.

Anyhow i was amazed at some of the results in that list like no FF6 is crazy and COD4 and OOT ahead of FF7 and Metal gear Solid is insane i mean i would have perfered to see halo at 1 than COD not to mention FFX not in top 10 a bit weird. Aaaah well thats UK for ya.

Again you are not seeing my point. We NEVER got the ORIGINAL final fantasy SIX, which is why it is not up there
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cloud31blunt
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.johngebreadman

Again you are not seeing my point. We NEVER got the ORIGINAL final fantasy SIX, which is why it is not up there

Man.... you guys have GBA its one of the highest selling consoles.... FF6 is no different on GBA than it is on SNES and its probably better than it was on the ps1 cause ps1s version was a bit glitchy. Thats no excuse for not playing it and putting it up there when you have another way to play it thats just as good.

Fantasy_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Fantasy_Gamer
Member since 2004 • 14159 Posts
^My point, unless I am wrong in saying that FF6 hit the European region, in any other form (FF Anthology, FFVI Advance).
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DrAwesomeMD

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.cloud31blunt

Being a "rince and repeat" game doesn't make it bad. You could effectively turn this around on FFX, since all you do is scroll down and press X.

Cronaroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cronaroth
[QUOTE="Cronaroth"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="Sony_FanBoy"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Lady_Bahamut"]I voted FFIX >_> It should have been higherSony_FanBoy

Japan was never right in the head. Look at Katamari Damacy, Rez, LocoRoco, Patapon, Final Fantasy lol.

Katamari Damacy is awesome..
cloud31blunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 cloud31blunt
[QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

[QUOTE="Fantasy_Gamer"]No FF6? I always thought FF7 > FF6, but I cannot accept (for myself) that FF6 won't appear in the top 100 games of all time. If my memory serves me right, Europe got FF6 Advance.DrAwesomeMD

Being a "rince and repeat" game doesn't make it bad. You could effectively turn this around on FFX, since all you do is scroll down and press X.

Hmm i probably worded it wrong. In Shadow you can only fight colossus and its good for a few hours but with no good story and nothing else to do it gets boring very quick. With FFX you have a deep story which you follow, a leveling system and sidequests making you continue because you actually wantto find out how the story ends up. But its hard to compare games that different. theyre just not in the same league.

DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrAwesomeMD
[QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="cloud31blunt"][QUOTE="DrAwesomeMD"][QUOTE="johngebreadman"]

Hmm i probably worded it wrong. In Shadow you can only fight colossus and its good for a few hours but with no good story and nothing else to do it gets boring very quick. With FFX you have a deep story which you follow, a leveling system and sidequests making you continue because you actually wantto find out how the story ends up. But its hard to compare games that different. theyre just not in the same league.

Shadow of the Colossus is anything but boring. Every boss battle is compleely epic, and after beating the game, you unlock even more stuff. I rarely wanted to find out how X ended. The only thing motivating me to beat it was either Auron or I could say "I beat FFX". The story did nothing for me. Tactics did the whole religious thing a lot better.

darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
thats so stupid. that list doesn't mean anything to me. the fact that COD4, gears of war, GTAIV, and halo 3 made it in the top 10, pretty much says that the list means nothing, its just a bunch of fanboys voting. you can never trust any kind of poll like this done by gamers. they should have called this poll "the most populer games of all time voted by people in 2008". if they're going to do something like this it should be done by critics who actually know what they're talking about.
darkcloud6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 darkcloud6
Member since 2007 • 4685 Posts
and FFVI didn't make it... enough said.
lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts

thats so stupid. that list doesn't mean anything to me. the fact that COD4, gears of war, GTAIV, and halo 3 made it in the top 10, pretty much says that the list means nothing, its just a bunch of fanboys voting. you can never trust any kind of poll like this done by gamers. they should have called this poll "the most populer games of all time voted by people in 2008". if they're going to do something like this it should be done by critics who actually know what they're talking about.darkcloud6

Sorry, don't know what you're talking about. The last time I checked, gamers are the one's that play the games the most, not critics. I never trust critics.

SymonDezyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 SymonDezyn
Member since 2006 • 4927 Posts

Critics don't play the whole game, that's why they are often overly critical; they are like small children with ADD.

I'm just glad FFVIII made it on there - yay! :)

were-woman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 were-woman
Member since 2005 • 264 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I never felt that strongly about FFVII :| The game system wasn't my up of tea, I didn't really like the characters all that much, and the ending was a real let down (don't worry - I won't spoil it!) I feel that FFX or VIII should've been at number 3. But at least FF is the best series of all time :D In your face MGS :P
lo_Reaper_ol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lo_Reaper_ol
Member since 2007 • 4953 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but I never felt that strongly about FFVII :| The game system wasn't my up of tea, I didn't really like the characters all that much, and the ending was a real let down (don't worry - I won't spoil it!) I feel that FFX or VIII should've been at number 3. But at least FF is the best series of all time :D In your face MGS :Pwere-woman

Better hope fs don't read that. He'll have something to say that will lead to pages upon pages of arguments. :P

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#33 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

VIII should've ranked higher. :cry:

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 johngebreadman

VIII should've ranked higher. :cry:

Lionheart08
ya its a lot better than FFVII
mfouad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#35 mfouad
Member since 2005 • 1636 Posts
great
Shygirlfrumfl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Shygirlfrumfl
Member since 2007 • 962 Posts
Wow I thought VII would atleast be like in 10th place. 0_0 But Im glad its in third it deserves it. ^_^ What games made in 2 & 1st place though?
DrAwesomeMD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DrAwesomeMD

Wow I thought VII would atleast be like in 10th place. 0_0 But Im glad its in third it deserves it. ^_^ What games made in 2 & 1st place though?Shygirlfrumfl

I know CoD4 made 1. It's a fun game, but it doesn't deserve it.

johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 johngebreadman
Wow I thought VII would atleast be like in 10th place. 0_0 But Im glad its in third it deserves it. ^_^ What games made in 2 & 1st place though?Shygirlfrumfl
I did put a link to the list up there, but number one was call of duty 4 and number 2 was legend of zelda ocarina of time
Supakilla_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 Supakilla_2004
Member since 2005 • 476 Posts
Call of Duty 4 is a great game but it's not legendary. It really shouldn't be ranked number 1.
Furycliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Furycliff
Member since 2007 • 676 Posts
CoD4 is a lot of fun and probably one of the best shooters made, but this is a simple case of people vote for what they playing currently.
johngebreadman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 johngebreadman
CoD4 is a lot of fun and probably one of the best shooters made, but this is a simple case of people vote for what they playing currently. Furycliff
Also most casual gamers will buy a game (never an in depth rpg), play it for a few weeks and never touch it again. So they rarely remember other great games