Do you get depressed when finishing a FF game?

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xVxObliVioNxVx
Member since 2005 • 7764 Posts
I do. The thought of not being able to continue a great story anymore is so depressing. And replaying it does not ease the pain really, lol.
-Roger-Wilco-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -Roger-Wilco-
Member since 2004 • 397 Posts

It is a bit depressing, especially when you've gone hard and it all comes to an end. My problem at the moment is deciding WHEN it ends!

I'm atm considering restarting Final Fantasy X after well over 100 hours of hard work. I'm very anal about having completed it perfectly. Firstly, I found out about the whole opening the chests in the right order (in Omega ruins) well after the fact. I figured I could let that pass though, as 99 warp spheres doesn't really excite me at all, and it's hardly like it's a one of a kind item/armour/weapon.

Now the second issue is that I've somehow stuffed up with O'aka, and he hasn't appeared at Macalania woods (from what I read, I must of missed him somewhere at least once - seems crazy). For a possible third issue, I've just defeated sin, and am inside him (near the end of the game). I haven't got all the memory spheres (the ones based on your experiences).Now will they become available later, or have I stuffed up or missed something here as well?

Am I just too fussy? I welcome any thoughts and answers!

Bruno2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bruno2004
Member since 2003 • 932 Posts

I wouldn't use the word "depressed". I only get a little sad when there's nothing so good as that to play anymore.

argianas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#4 argianas
Member since 2005 • 6779 Posts
A little bit, I tend to delay going to the final dungeon to work on sidequests for that reason.  For whatever reason, I was most "depressed" after I beat IX since I was enjoying it so much.
JAG_ROGUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JAG_ROGUE
Member since 2005 • 5928 Posts

It is a bit depressing, especially when you've gone hard and it all comes to an end. My problem at the moment is deciding WHEN it ends!

I'm atm considering restarting Final Fantasy X after well over 100 hours of hard work. I'm very anal about having completed it perfectly. Firstly, I found out about the whole opening the chests in the right order (in Omega ruins) well after the fact. I figured I could let that pass though, as 99 warp spheres doesn't really excite me at all, and it's hardly like it's a one of a kind item/armour/weapon.

Now the second issue is that I've somehow stuffed up with O'aka, and he hasn't appeared at Macalania woods (from what I read, I must of missed him somewhere at least once - seems crazy). For a possible third issue, I've just defeated sin, and am inside him (near the end of the game). I haven't got all the memory spheres (the ones based on your experiences).Now will they become available later, or have I stuffed up or missed something here as well?

Am I just too fussy? I welcome any thoughts and answers!

-Roger-Wilco-

I love to get 100% completion too, not just FF though (but FF is the most important for me to get all I can out of it).

I feel slightly "lost" in a way after finishing an FF cos I don't know what to do :lol: .... so I buy another game!

Sith_Fisto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Sith_Fisto
Member since 2005 • 11074 Posts

Well, I get a little empty feeling after every game I finish. There, it's done. Was it REALLY worth it? What am I going to do now?! If the game was good and has a sequel (like Jak) I continue with that. Otherwise I start another.

FFs are a little complicated: I'm kinda sad it's over, but then again it's nice to start another story after 70+ hours of the one I finished :P Neither IX or VIII have left me really empty, I'm soon finished with X, but after KH I was really lost, I had no idea what to do next. Well, it didn't last long :P

Oh, and I usually take a little break before I start a completely different story. So when I finish X, I won't start IX right away, I'm playing Ratchet and Viewtiful Joe a little more for a while. And finish KOTOR :P So no similar stuff right away, so the experience can really sink in :P

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xVxObliVioNxVx

A little bit, I tend to delay going to the final dungeon to work on sidequests for that reason.  For whatever reason, I was most "depressed" after I beat IX since I was enjoying it so much.argianas

yeah same here, FFIX is such a great that I just did not want it to end.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nimroc
Member since 2004 • 6052 Posts

I usually get somewhat depressed when I finish them.

One exeption is FFVIII because the ending is too good so it took some time before I got depressed :P

taiwanesealn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 taiwanesealn
Member since 2005 • 6853 Posts

Yes because I can't believe I spent 50+ hours on the game :lol:

MC_RaZaR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MC_RaZaR
Member since 2004 • 5640 Posts
I actually feel depressed when finishing a Final Fantasy. I feel kind of sad, that I finished the game cause I want the story to continue. There are usually some elements of the story that I wished were explained more thoroughly. When I finish the game, I don't really want the story to end.
master_of_yore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 master_of_yore
Member since 2005 • 5141 Posts
Yeah I do.  Not only with Final Fantasy games but with every game that I really like.  Mostly because you get so intact with the characters you really want to see what happens next.  I also really hate feeling lke I had left something undone because whenever I finish one it opens up another 4 hours in my daily life and usually have no money to buy a new game to take up my time.
naz18h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 naz18h
Member since 2004 • 17231 Posts
No not really. I'm actually happy that i completed the game.
Odin75789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Odin75789
Member since 2004 • 2727 Posts
Yes I do.  Even if I choose to replay through the game, it does become worse because I know what has to happen and I know the story even better.  Sucks beating epics, that can be what side-quests are there for, avoiding the obvious.
shadesof6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 shadesof6
Member since 2004 • 1148 Posts
i'd say what the most depressing thing is is when the final fantasy game doesn't live up to my expectations, then i get depressed thinking that they'll never make another GREAT final fantasy game again!
Avatar image for deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
deactivated-6354e904ebeeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 deactivated-6354e904ebeeb
Member since 2004 • 1790 Posts
Yeah i do but thats with any good game, you put so much time into it just for it to end but you want it to keep going. Theres time when i pick up FFX and say damn that was a good game and just want to start playing it but its just not the same the second time through.
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
:P yep i get depressed FF is just like a great book once your finished reading it you know it'll take the author anther 2 years to write another
Doomed_Knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Doomed_Knight
Member since 2005 • 1673 Posts

Not really it just makes me want to play it again and try to get everything and see every place.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Nimroc

i'd say what the most depressing thing is is when the final fantasy game doesn't live up to my expectations, then i get depressed thinking that they'll never make another GREAT final fantasy game again!shadesof6

Yeah, I agree with you on that point

xVxObliVioNxVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xVxObliVioNxVx

[QUOTE="shadesof6"]i'd say what the most depressing thing is is when the final fantasy game doesn't live up to my expectations, then i get depressed thinking that they'll never make another GREAT final fantasy game again!Nimroc

that's why I don't want to play FF X-2. People say the game ruins the whole story of FFX.

shadesof6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shadesof6
Member since 2004 • 1148 Posts
[QUOTE="Nimroc"]

[QUOTE="shadesof6"]i'd say what the most depressing thing is is when the final fantasy game doesn't live up to my expectations, then i get depressed thinking that they'll never make another GREAT final fantasy game again!xVxObliVioNxVx

that's why I don't want to play FF X-2. People say the game ruins the whole story of FFX.

i'm not sure if it completely ruins it, it does give you a more complete sense of closure, but it also doesn't explain some other stuff that happens in the story which is kind of a cop-out...oh well.

Nimroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nimroc
[QUOTE="xVxObliVioNxVx"][QUOTE="Nimroc"]

[QUOTE="shadesof6"]i'd say what the most depressing thing is is when the final fantasy game doesn't live up to my expectations, then i get depressed thinking that they'll never make another GREAT final fantasy game again!shadesof6

i'm not sure if it completely ruins it, it does give you a more complete sense of closure, but it also doesn't explain some other stuff that happens in the story which is kind of a cop-out...oh well.

Well, I would say that the good ending makes the ending of FFX seem pointless

FF_Chick_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FF_Chick_17
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
I dont really get depresses ..... i get sad but it all changes 'cuz i start it over .... ^_^ .... and some u all know somethings 2 n end  @ some point ........   ^_^   ......
andywray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 andywray
Member since 2006 • 378 Posts
Nah, I don't get depressed, I enjoy playing the game(for whatever number of replays) and I enjoy completing the games. You get a great sense of achievement after finishing a FF game and setting down the controller. One feature of FFX-2 that made me like it was the fact you could start another game from scratch with all the weapons and items you got from your previous game! So you can level up all your dresspheres and get 100% completion of the game and you don't have to do it all at once!
joe603

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 joe603
Member since 2005 • 137 Posts
I must admit that this is something that I felt completly alone on...I didn't realize that others got depressed when finishing an epic game.  Yes, I've been getting depressed when finishing FF games, starting with FF1!  I think its because you've just spent months on a great game, getting involved with the characters lives.  FF6 and FF8 hit me hardest.  6 for the excellent cast of characters, and 8 because I fell in love with Riona...
Its a great complement to the makers of the games to be emotionaly affected by them.  Long live Final Fantasy!!!
PhantomPhoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#26 PhantomPhoot
Member since 2006 • 533 Posts
Lol, when I finished FFIV, I was pretty sad.
Necrobob121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27 Necrobob121
Member since 2005 • 70 Posts
Yes haha i do. FF games are so amazing because they take you down a very long crazy journey and then when they end.. there's no more of that awsome story.

manhunt1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 manhunt1001
Member since 2004 • 2431 Posts
Not really I do feel bad but Iv always got other games to play.