Yankees having a bad season........I love it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts
I hate the yankees because their team ruins the game every year. They pay their players double what everyone else pays and guess what come next season half their current roster will be replaced with new more recent all star players. Someone needs to put a cap salary in baseball so that away everyone pays the same amount and makes the competition equal. This is basically only reason I don't like the yankees but another reason is I don't like their ignorant owner who all he does all day is sit around and watch Yankees baseball and ***** 24/7 about things. At least if I was given that kind of money I would be a much more productive member of society unlike this fool who doesn't even realize he is hurting the game of baseball but not too mention its not a good thing when ignorant people have alot of money.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

The only thing stopping the other teams from boosting payroll are their pinchpenny owners.

Fun Fact: the Yankees had the lowest operating income of all teams in 2007.

While owners of teams like the Pirates emphasize turning a profit, the Steinbrenners say "screw the cost, let's just win".

GC4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GC4ever
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts
i so overcome with joy that i can watch a postseason with no pin-stripes in sight
LMAO....
o its so perfect
i'm a die hard mariners fan we may be the first team with $100+ million payroll with 100+ losses
but i feel sooooo much better when i see the standings and yankees in third place and out of the playoffs!!!!!
LMAO...
o.....perfect!!!!
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
i love people who specifically hate the yankees because there team owner is too cheap to spend money:roll:
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

If your favorite team was like that and had a bunch of money to spend on players, I guarntee you wouldn't have a problem with it.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts

i so overcome with joy that i can watch a postseason with no pin-stripes in sight
LMAO....
o its so perfect
i'm a die hard mariners fan we may be the first team with $100+ million payroll with 100+ losses
but i feel sooooo much better when i see the standings and yankees in third place and out of the playoffs!!!!!
LMAO...
o.....perfect!!!!GC4ever

Not as perfect as you may wish. The Yankees have a future, and always will. The Mariners are utter garbage and only God knows how long it will take them to rebuild. You can laugh all you want at the Yankees and pretend to feel better, but they competed until the end, something the Mariners weren't even doing half way through the season when a lot of analysts picked the Mariners to win the West (lol). The Yankees will be competing next year and are expected to improve their rotation and our players coming off the DL, namely Wang and Posada will be more than enough to get the Yankees back on track.

2008 was a bump in the road for the Yankees. For the Mariners that same road led to a cliff they drove straight off of. :lol:

I do shed a tear for Ichiro though. Such a waste of good talent...

xTwistedxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xTwistedxx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I don't think that the yankees spending more money than others is a legit reason to dislike them, but I do agree that baseball needs a salary cap.
InterpolWilco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 InterpolWilco
Member since 2005 • 2487 Posts

LMAO....
o its so perfect
LMAO...
o.....perfect!!!!GC4ever

LMAO YOUR A MARINER FAN! No other reason, your a Mariner fan and thats hysterical enough.

Listen, I'm a HUGE Yankee fan, but we didn't have a bad season. The Rays came out of nowhere, and honestly, I think its awesome they got in. To bad they play in a waste of a baseball market, but still awesome for them none the less.

Also, the last Yankee Dynasty we watched wasn't built by "buying players." It was built by acquiring all the right pieces. A lot of trades were made for guys their former teams thought was done (Scott Brosius is a great example of this). And lets not forget who built that Dynasty, Bob Watson, who doesn't seem to ever get mentioned when talking about the Dynasty.

The Yankees have a great future coming. We're going to be shedding a ton of pay roll, our farm players have played very well, Wang will be back, Chamberlain is an ace in the making, and we have the best closer of all time.

The Yankees this year also had some GREAT moments, including that incredible ceremony to close out Yankee Stadium.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Me too, now if only the Rays and Red Sox can get swept in the first round, i'll be one happy camper. :)
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#10 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
I find your viewpoints interesting and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.