WTF Is Wrong With Brett Farve...Farve Demands A Trade

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_OG-KeEbZ_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _OG-KeEbZ_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Is Brett Farve kidding me???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18642417/

Now He is demanding a trade from Green Bay??

Hes lucky that the Packers are even letting him play there...obviously its not for the good of the team. Hes old and the team wants to start moving in a new direction. But just because he is who he is the team lets him stay. They are being loyal to one their best players of all time.

Now after all the **** the team went through to get him to sign (it took him way too long, which caused the team valuable time and missed out on signing some key people) He says he demands a trade? WTF is wrong with this guy..

He pretty much set the team years back...and now hes just gonna ditch them??? Am i the only one that thinks thats ****ed up??

Nobody else is gonna want him....i hope the Packers just cut his pathetic ass and let him not get signed by any team. One hell of a way for a legend to go out...

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

Hes lucky that the Packers are even letting him play there...obviously its not for the good of the team. Hes old and the team wants to start moving in a new direction. But just because he is who he is the team lets him stay. They are being loyal to one their best players of all time.

Now after all the **** the team went through to get him to sign (it took him way too long, which caused the team valuable time and missed out on signing some key people) He says he demands a trade? WTF is wrong with this guy..

He pretty much set the team years back...and now hes just gonna ditch them??? Am i the only one that thinks thats ****ed up??

Nobody else is gonna want him....i hope the Packers just cut his pathetic ass and let him not get signed by any team. One hell of a way for a legend to go out...

_OG-KeEbZ_
I disagree, Favre can still play, but the Packers dont have much talent.
proteKYFM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 proteKYFM
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
He's like a washed up version of Roger Clemens, oh wait...
Knowledge33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Knowledge33
Member since 2007 • 841 Posts
He is a disciple of Jesus Christ.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Oh my
CJL13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 CJL13
Member since 2005 • 19137 Posts
All this because of Randy Moss? I'm beginning to wonder who's more of a whiner.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Wow after what 17 seasons on the packers
acviper123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#8 acviper123
Member since 2005 • 1724 Posts
I hate it when players demand trades. Just shut up and play. Your getting paid so well doing something you suposedly love, and you cant shut up? I used to respect Farve, now I dont know...
xbox360isgr8t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xbox360isgr8t
Member since 2006 • 6600 Posts
they didnt get moss and he was pissed off. also he announced he was coming back what like 1-2.5 months before the draft. they had time to get players. packers organization is just lost period.
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

Farve blows...He has not played great in several years so its time to hang it up old man.  If Farve does go to another team most likely he won't see much playing time and if he does he will just show his uselessness some where else. 

Hell he wouldn't be able to get the job done even with randy moss.  I'm glad that moss isn't going there because it would just be another GB that didn't make the playoffs with some other BS excuse.  To be honest with GB has finally recognized whats the problem and it is Favre.  Its time for Favre to a commentator or make use of his degree if he has one.

It would take more than moss to get GB winning they would have to get TO as well and maybe even Marvin Harrison on top of that to get the job done in GB.  Hell Favre throws 40 interceptions a season...Look at the patriots wide recievers from last season and they are that much if any better at all than what GB had.

odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

_OG-KeEbZ_

I think Favre wants a trade because he isn't going to get any playing time if he stays and I'm sure GB has informed him of that.  If he is traded he won't see any playing time anyway.  I don't know why you are made at GB letting Favre go because really its the best move that they have made in a few years.  If they don't do it now it just be throwing another year away and that new QB at GB doesn't get any experience and thats waste of money and it puts the team in a slup.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
He's really pissed cuz he knows that the team doesn't stand much chance at getting him another Super Bowl ring before he retires. He wanted the team to go for Moss and is even more ticked that the Patriots got him for just a fourth rounder. He has as much right as anyone to be mad right now. And then in the first round who do they take? A DT, there were better players on the board than him...
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
Now this is an interesting turn of events. Seeing Favre in a different jersey's gonna be weird.
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

Can you honestly blame him, they had a horrible offseason. They missed on key trades, and the draft to be quite honest was pathetic. They have unproven running backs. The tight end position is inconsistant...and outside of Donald Driver (who is getting older) they don't have a deep threat. There is promise in Greg jennings, but thats it....nothing more.

You can blame favre all you want, and yes he has made mistakes...but when you don't call to your offensive woes, which the packers have had the last couple of years...he has to force throws. The weight is on his back...how would you feel? I don't want to see him go anywhere else, I want him retired as a packer.

It's no secret favre doesn't want to play anywhere else...he loves green bay, but hell they blew a perfectly good draft full of offensive talent...

It was his way of expressing his anger... Favre is all about winning, and the guy wants to go out winning. Hell he offered half his salary to try and get moss!! He is easily a top 5-top 10 quarterback of all time...the guy deserves it.

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
This is probably a good thing for cheeseheads, now Rogers is going to get some playing time.
kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
I have a feeling that Favre didn't go into the GM's office and slam his fist on the table and say "I DEMAND A TRADE!!". Favre has more class than that and only the media would put out the perception that he did that. I think it went more like this..."With all due respect, I think that my time here has passed and it would be best for me and the team if I went somewhere else". If you're talking about young Favre, then I could see him being that way, you know, all stuck up and what not, but the more mature Favre is not like that and I think he'll put out his side of the story in the near future.
nickmag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nickmag
Member since 2006 • 6710 Posts
The question is who will take him?
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts

Guys he's not going anywhere, if you read the various articles, it explained Coach Mike McCartney got him calmed, and admited he didn't want to go anywhere.

As said, the guy just wanted offensive help, and really didn't get much. Green Bay's last chance at a vet reciever is keyshawn Johnson, which they are in talks about...however I think a team or two is ahread of them at this point.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
I can't blame Favre for all this. It's management's fault they don't have the gonads to release Favre, or traded him a few years back and just say that they are rebuilding---and anyone who says they're not rebuilding is an idiot. They do not have enough to go to the playoffs, let alone win a SuperBowl. If management only got rid of Favre a few years ago, or traded him, at least now we would of seen if Rogers has any potential or talent and take it from there. By babying Favre, this is what they get---a team that's neither ready for the playoffs, nor is it the worse team in football---in LIMBO Field, instead of Lambeau Field.
UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts

He is a disciple of Jesus Christ.Knowledge33

haha thats the truth 

den4sir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 den4sir
Member since 2003 • 1235 Posts

He should just retire. When was the last time the Packers won the Super Bowl? Over 10 years ago. He should just let it go and make money off of advertising and work in a booth or something.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts
The question is who will take him?nickmag
The Dolphins maybe...
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

GB should have traded or let Farve go a while ago and just moved on and played Rodgers already.

Word has it that Oakland wanted Rodgers and picks for Moss.  No way GB should have made that trade and shafted their future for an inconsistent Farve and expensive Moss combo.

ZebethOrZebes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZebethOrZebes
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
For Favre's sake, he should retire as a Packer, this way they'll hang up the old number 4 alongside Bart Starr and other Packer greats. If he plays for another team, he'll just be one more veteran back-up; if he retires now, he'll be a legend.
KaptainKorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KaptainKorn
Member since 2005 • 673 Posts
ESPN says he has denied this rumor...
The_Zoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 The_Zoid
Member since 2006 • 59984 Posts
For Favre's sake, he should retire as a Packer, this way they'll hang up the old number 4 alongside Bart Starr and other Packer greats. If he plays for another team, he'll just be one more veteran back-up; if he retires now, he'll be a legend.ZebethOrZebes
Exactly, no sense in leaving a place you've been for 17 years.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#28 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
This is halirious just because they didn't get Moss maybe the Packers organization thinks they already have some good receivers in which I'd have to agree.  They need a running back more then anything at this point anyway.  He should just give it up he won't win another Super Bowl its just a fact.
cj2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cj2121
Member since 2004 • 341 Posts
If he does go anywhere no one will remember that year(s?) with another team.  It will be like the year the chiefs had Joe Montana for the last season of his career after being on the 49ers the rest of his career.  Not many people remember him as a Chief.
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
There are plenty of teams who would be glad to have him.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

[QUOTE="nickmag"]The question is who will take him?Eman5805
The Dolphins maybe...

Of course we would!  If they're hurt or there's a good chance they'll get hurt we, the Dolphins, will take them. 

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
OK. People that are starting all this controversy need to chill. Analyst should shut up to.  I don't even care about Green Bay and their isues but this should just be between them instead of the media putting a microscope on it like when TO does something. He demanded a trade? So what? Now he says he and the Packers are cool. End of discussion go watch the NBA/ NHL playoffs or get a life.