Wow, I love how clueless people are (Spurs related)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mynameisdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 mynameisdumb
Member since 2003 • 3647 Posts
I love how everyone is whining that they aren't fun to watch. lmao do you think they really care? If you can win a game without being flashy, or lose while being a showoff, which would you choose? Even if they WERE boring to watch, it's not like that makes them a bad team. As much as I dislike the Patriots,they were good even though they weren't showy. TomBrady didn't thread passes through triple coverage, he just playedconsistently good.Personally, I love watching the Spurs, not because they have individual showboats like Kobe or A.I., but because they have great teamwork and great passing on offense, and areamazing defensively. It's great to see a team effort when a lot of the NBA has become individual. Everyone that says they don't deserve to be in the finals because they are boring, that's flat out absurd.
KoFoNiO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 KoFoNiO
Member since 2006 • 938 Posts
I'm well aware that they don't care if they dont play flashy and win titles from it. But David Stern and his league need to care since the ratings are plummeting everytime a team like the Spurs make the finals. This league is all about marketing and it's not as popular as it was in the 80s and 90s, its behind in the NFL and probably the MLB when it comes to that. I dont think the Patriots are boring I just think everybody is tired of them winning. But lots of people think the Spurs are boring AND they're tired of them winning, so even though its good for the Spurs, its not really good for the NBA.
mohit2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mohit2003
Member since 2003 • 669 Posts

Yeah but I dont think the Spurs really care about the ratings and besides I dont think the Spurs are boring to watch I mean its not as fun as the Suns or Warriors but I think that Utah is more boring. Ofcourse I spend most of the season watching Piston games so I dont really see any difference, just a bunch of pick and roll with some other plays mixed in there. The only difference is that the Spurs make more baskets and play better defence than the Pistons.

Ernice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Ernice
Member since 2005 • 1269 Posts

I love how everyone is whining that they aren't fun to watch. lmao do you think they really care? If you can win a game without being flashy, or lose while being a showoff, which would you choose? Even if they WERE boring to watch, it's not like that makes them a bad team. As much as I dislike the Patriots,they were good even though they weren't showy. TomBrady didn't thread passes through triple coverage, he just playedconsistently good.Personally, I love watching the Spurs, not because they have individual showboats like Kobe or A.I., but because they have great teamwork and great passing on offense, and areamazing defensively. It's great to see a team effort when a lot of the NBA has become individual. Everyone that says they don't deserve to be in the finals because they are boring, that's flat out absurd.mynameisdumb

hmmm, you still didnt explain why you love em clueless people. you explained why they are clueless which i can partly understand, but you love em ? whatever for ?

PotatoSan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 PotatoSan
Member since 2005 • 3491 Posts
Although I support teams like the Spurs (in any sport) I might agree that they are a bit boring to watch. I'm not an avid basketball fan... so while I don't respect showboats, it's entertaining sometimes to watch the idiot individual players be idiots and play by themselves.
mohit2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mohit2003
lol
Ryo_Kensen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 Ryo_Kensen
Member since 2005 • 3480 Posts
Tony Parker is pretty flashly, but that's only because he's doing really well and can get to the basket really quickly and with ease, and 9/10 he makes the shot.
sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

Bill Russel said in an article on nba.com something to the effect of

"if you think the Spurs are boring to watch, then you don't know anything about basketball."

He was absolutely right. Anyone watch tonight's game? Unbelievable, I found it very enterntaining.

The Spurs are so good because they're so balanced, I find all their players enterntaining. I mean c'mon, at the very least you have to admire the talent on that squad. Duncan is the best Power Forward in NBA history.

mohit2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mohit2003
It is entertaining but I am not really that interested because I already know who is going to win! Its kind of like watching a movie while knowing the ending already.
yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
I don't think there boring but a lot of there games have been blow outs thats why I don't like to whatch
adamf_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 adamf_17
Member since 2005 • 238 Posts
People are allowed to not like the Spurs if they want to. If you don't like hearing about it, don't read threads that bash them. People have the right to an opinion just like you do.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
The Spurs may not care, but I bet David Stern does. Sure the Spurs may be a great team to watch if you love basketball, heres the problem, most people don't. Audiences for all sports are usually very casual, just go and ask the people who piled into the Honda centre for the Stanley Cup what icing is. Here's a hint, its not on a cake.
Avatar image for *fatlossformula
*fatlossformula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 *fatlossformula
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I personally think it's extremely refreshing to see fundamental basketball. Timmy can take you whenever he wants with sound play and in case people heven't been watching Tony has been a little flashy out there with pull up jumpers and driving to the cup. Ginobilli and Finley will Dunk on you in a heartbeat have we forgetton all of Ginobili's highlight reels. The Spurs were labeled years ago and it never left. Either way they are the most dominate team in the NBA!
Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts

Bill Russel said in an article on nba.com something to the effect of

"if you think the Spurs are boring to watch, then you don't know anything about basketball."

He was absolutely right. Anyone watch tonight's game? Unbelievable, I found it very enterntaining.

The Spurs are so good because they're so balanced, I find all their players enterntaining. I mean c'mon, at the very least you have to admire the talent on that squad. Duncan is the best Power Forward in NBA history.

sonic_spark

I love this series, the Spurs are putting on a basketball clinic, I think most casual fans get confused because in their minds great teams can't play D, because if you look at some of the offensive plays the Spurs run, they're sensational(no look passes, circus shots(mainly TP and Manu), and an occasional Alley-oop).

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#15 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts

I personally think it's extremely refreshing to see fundamental basketball. Timmy can take you whenever he wants with sound play and in case people heven't been watching Tony has been a little flashy out there with pull up jumpers and driving to the cup. Ginobilli and Finley will Dunk on you in a heartbeat have we forgetton all of Ginobili's highlight reels. The Spurs were labeled years ago and it never left. Either way they are the most dominate team in the NBA!fatlossformula

Years ago the spurs were labeled as "soft". Then suddenly after an unintentional head-butt and a hard blocking foul (it wasn't a flagrant), the spurs are "dirty". Now they are "boring". Man, people have all kinds of nasty names for winner.