elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Following last season's thread, which side is gonna win it this season ?

My bet's on Atletico Madrid.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@elkoldo: why?

real Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, bayern Munich, and Chelsea all look stronger

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 elkoldo
@thehig1 said:

Barca, Chelsea, Bayern all looked stronger last season as well....and if it wasn't for that suspiciously prolonged additional time, Atletico would've beaten Real too, not to mention that they beat Real twice after that game. And c'mon, PSG is a joke !

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@thehig1 said:

Barca, Chelsea, Bayern all looked stronger last season as well....and if it wasn't for that suspiciously prolonged additional time, Atletico would've beaten Real too, not to mention that they beat Real twice after that game. And c'mon, PSG is a joke !

I see your Point, however Real in particular look even stronger this season they look unbeatable.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By elkoldo

@thehig1: Yeah, I took a look at La Liga table the other day and their numbers were astonishing. 55 goals scored, 25 goals from Ronald alone.In contrast, Atletico's entire squad have scored 27 goals so far. Still, Real have barely faced a serious challenge this season so far, I mean, the only serious games they've played, have been 3 clashes against Atletico, and El Classico. They did well in the classico but Atletico smothered them in those 3 games.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

The dude in my sig.

xboxwolf98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xboxwolf98
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I would love to see an English club win but I think that the only possible club that can make it to the final would be Chelsea but I think personally that they will get knocked out in the quarter or semi finals as the foreign clubs such as Real Madrid and Bayern Munich have become a lot stronger so I put my money on Real to lift the cup.

scommetix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 scommetix
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

I think that Bayern will take this one!

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Bayern is going to take it

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

At first I would've said Madrid or Chelsea, but the way the season's coming along, I'm betting Atletico, Barça or Bayern (I'd be so happy for them if atletico won. I'm glad they're getting the attention they deserve)

play_ggames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 play_ggames
Member since 2015 • 38 Posts

My bet is on Real Madrid. If Real doesn't won, I'll love to see FC Bayern Munchen with the title...

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Catalli  Moderator

@play_ggames said:

My bet is on Real Madrid. If Real doesn't won, I'll love to see FC Bayern Munchen with the title...

Real Madrid are taking a turn for the worse. They're overusing the same players too much and Ancelotti insists on using a 4-3-3 whenever all three strikers are available, when throughout the season they've proven to be more effective with a 4-4-2. I don't see them beating a big team, and if they have to face Atlético at some point they'll likely choke.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Catalli  Moderator

Small update: Atletico have just beat Real Madrid 4-0. Madrid were missing Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, James and Modric but still... 4-0...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#14 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i think it's Bayern or Real's now seeing their latest form.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By elkoldo
@ianhh6 said:

Small update: Atletico have just beat Real Madrid 4-0. Madrid were missing Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, James and Modric but still... 4-0...

Atletico still managed to kick the crap out of Real 2-0 in Copa del Ray, with Real pitching all of their superstars, and Atletico sidelining many of their key players.

However, it's a heartbreak how they lost the domestic competitions, hope they win the European cup this time around.

(Oh and, sorry for replying too late! )

Edit: Almost forgot, your beloved Barcelona seem to be facing an uphill mission tonight at Man City !

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Catalli  Moderator

@elkoldo said:
@ianhh6 said:

Atletico still managed to kick the crap out of Real 2-0 in Copa del Ray, with Real pitching all of their superstars, and Atletico sidelining many of their key players.

However, it's a heartbreak how they lost the domestic competitions, hope they win the European cup this time around.

Edit: Almost forgot, your beloved Barcelona seem to be facing an uphill mission tonight at Man City !

All so true... I guess it depends on who is in form at what moment in the season. I really hope Barcelona play at the level they've been playing since new year, with Messi inspired. We'll see what happens, can't say I share your sympathy with Atletico over the domestic cup though :P

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 elkoldo
@ianhh6 said:

@elkoldo said:
@ianhh6 said:

All so true... I guess it depends on who is in form at what moment in the season. I really hope Barcelona play at the level they've been playing since new year, with Messi inspired. We'll see what happens, can't say I share your sympathy with Atletico over the domestic cup though :P

You sure don't, I didn't expect you to ! :P

Your Barca had a rather easy job last night, despite what I had expected (given their showdown at the weekend against Malaga).

I'll tell you a fact: I once was a Barca fan, but since the departure of Guardoila, I kept losing interest in the team day after day, and with Tito's death, somehow my vague interest died too.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Catalli  Moderator

@elkoldo: The decisions leading to and after the departure of Guardiola have been quite a disappointment for me. I can't help but support Barça even if I'm against half the things going on at the club lately... It's like watching a person you love going down the wrong path :(

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 elkoldo
@melonfarmerz said:

@elkoldo said:

@melonfarmerz:

Anyway, have you decided whose side YOU're going be on, come Wednesday ? :P

LOL Chelsea for sure. If PSG win, they're just gonna get thrashed next round. I want one of them to win the CL...

Good luck then, but note two things:

1. If PSG beat Chelsea, they can beat any team (except, of course, the almighty Atletico :P)
  2. Don't be so hopeful about winning the cup with those crippled teams of yours :P , I mean if PSG win, as I said above, one way or another they're gonna get hammered by Atletico...and if Chelsea win, they, too, will eventually get flamed by Atletico....as, I'm sure, you know from last season's experience :P :P :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By deactivated-5b1e62582e305

I'm going to cry

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@elkoldo said:

1. If PSG beat Chelsea, they can beat any team (except, of course, the almighty Atletico :P)
  2. Don't be so hopeful about winning the cup with those crippled teams of yours :P , I mean if PSG win, as I said above, one way or another they're gonna get hammered by Atletico...and if Chelsea win, they, too, will eventually get flamed by Atletico....as, I'm sure, you know from last season's experience :P :P :P

LOL that was the strangest match ever.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

@melonfarmerz said:

@elkoldo said:

Your lot pulled off one of the greatest performances I've ever seen with 10 men. Meanwhile we stuck to playing negative football with Costa wanting to fight anyone that got near him. Probably the worst I've seen us play since Villas-Boas.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By elkoldo

Mourinho's reaction when the referee denied them a penalty was hilarious, both hands and both legs up.......

Man, in all fairness, I'm gonna miss this lunatic in the rest of the tournament.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

lol Chelsea. That is all.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Catalli  Moderator

@Aljosa23 said:

@melonfarmerz said:

@elkoldo said:

Your lot pulled off one of the greatest performances I've ever seen with 10 men. Meanwhile we stuck to playing negative football with Costa wanting to fight anyone that got near him. Probably the worst I've seen us play since Villas-Boas.

I have to ask... why do you Chelsea fans like Mourinho so much? Why did you want him back after those three horrible years at Real Madrid? I mean, he has to be the most inconsistent, weak-minded person I've ever seen in the sport...

Also Atletico have been sucking ever since they beat Madrid 4-0. Leverkusen look like they're gonna knock them out. Right now I'd say it's between Barça and Bayern Munich.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elkoldo

@ianhh6: Yeah they have given up the spirit. I can't remember the last time I saw them win a game. What's wrong with them.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Catalli  Moderator

@elkoldo: It's a pity too, because if they could win something again this year, they'd be an attractive team to sign for, but at this rate they'll just lose Koke, Griezmann and more to teams with bigger budgets...

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 elkoldo

@ianhh6: Yes but that worries me little. They have lost fine players before and each time they came back only stronger. What worries me is their spirit. I believe, they feel satisfied with last season's achievement. That's why they aren't doing enough this season. They need the spirit back.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 elkoldo

Damn it's Tuesday already. Atletico probably gonna face their demise tonight :(

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Catalli  Moderator

Messi on his way to win his fifth Ballon d'Or...

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Seabas989

lol at the EPL.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

That first half performance. Just... wow. Made the Mancs look like Sunday league amateurs.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Catalli  Moderator

Quarter-Finals:

• Barça - PSG
  • Juventus - Monaco
  • Madrid - Atletico
  • Oporto - Bayern

Predictions? My bet is on Barça, Bayern, Juventus and Atletico reaching the semi-finals. Madrid are scared shitless of Atletico right now, and Messi is unstoppable. Bayern and Juventus are pretty self-explanatory...

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 elkoldo

I would definitely veto the draws, for it puts Bayern under immeasurable pressure for reaching the semi-finals.

WTF kind of drawing is this shit? Why didn't they just hand Bayern and Barca their place in the semi-finals?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Seabas989

I got Barca, Bayern, RM and Juventus. However PSG did look good with 10 players so it will be interesting.

I'll be rooting for Porto, Monaco and Atletico.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#36 GamerForca
Member since 2005 • 7203 Posts

@elkoldo said:

WTF kind of drawing is this shit? Why didn't they just hand Bayern and Barca their place in the semi-finals?

Lol geez. Somebody had to draw Porto (and Monaco). Anytime a top tier team draws a team from a second-tier league, somebody complains that the top tier team was handed a spot in the next round. Or would you rather Porto and Monaco face each other and have an undeserving team in the last four?

And I think PSG is good enough to at least keep it interesting against Barca. Juve got the easiest draw imo, but I'm rooting for Monaco, and Porto too.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By elkoldo
@GamerForca said:

@elkoldo said:

Lol geez. Somebody had to draw Porto (and Monaco). Anytime a top tier team draws a team from a second-tier league, somebody complains that the top tier team was handed a spot in the next round. Or would you rather Porto and Monaco face each other and have an undeserving team in the last four?

And I think PSG is good enough to at least keep it interesting against Barca. Juve got the easiest draw imo, but I'm rooting for Monaco, and Porto too.

Yeah but medicore team vs medicore team, topdog team vs topdog team would be fair. It frustrates me to see how Bayern have won an easy place in the last four by first playing Shakhtar then Porto. They have done next to nothing and here they are, semi-finals.

And though PSG were marvelous in Stanford Bridge, I believe Barca have been granted an easy win too. PSG really doesn't have the personality of a topdog team.

But, Atletico, I do hope they keep up their beautiful form against RM. ( Actually I was hopping for Atletico to face RM in the final, to take last year's revenge.)

Bayern, Barca and Juve (after thousands of years) already have their place in the last four. I hope Atleti will, too.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 GamerForca

@elkoldo: Mediocre vs mediocre wouldn't be fair. You'd just end up with a top-tier team going against a mediocre team in the last four. And then everyone would complain that "so and so team" got an easy road to the final. Bayern got lucky this year. I don't recall them getting lucky any other year recently. Oh well. I hope Porto sees all the disrespect and plays them well. I agree with you guys that the Madrid derby seems to be the most interesting matchup. Can't wait to see those games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Arsenal thought they got a weaker team in Monaco and didn't respect them during that first leg and look what happened. Bayern need to be wary about that happening to them because Porto is a pretty damn good team.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@Aljosa23 said:

Arsenal thought they got a weaker team in Monaco and didn't respect them during that first leg and look what happened. Bayern need to be wary about that happening to them because Porto is a pretty damn good team.

Bayern have Pep Guardiola, it's not likely that they'll be underestimating any rival.

I have to say though, if either Barça or PSG reach the final, they can boast having had the more difficult road to it.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By elkoldo

@ianhh6: PSG yeah but Barca's road has been no match for that of Atletico's. That is if Atletico make it to the final.

And a small remark on last night's Classico, for your sake, I hope the first leg's 3-1 defeat at Madrid doesn't turn out to be punisher; It's easy to drop 4 points in the remaining games if you have to play Sevilla, Valencia and Atletico!

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By elkoldo

Jesus I'm so stressed and anxious I think I either won't sleep at all, or I'll get very little sleep tonight (and I got two morning classes tomorrow) :(

Atleti-Real coming up tomorrow - I just couldn't wait until tomorrow to post this. I think a 1-0 win would be perfect but I'll be totally satisfied with a goalless draw as well, knowing that conceding no goals at home gives you the edge in the away game.

GamerForca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GamerForca

So, about how lucky Bayern got with this draw....

Barcelona won pretty easily though, as expected.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 elkoldo

@GamerForca: Bayern WERE lucky with their draw, it's their ineptitude that cost that much. They were a shambles in defense. (What would've happened if they had drawn Real or Barca?) )

But Jesus.....THREE-FUCKING-ONE? Are they ever gonna undo that?

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@elkoldo said:

@GamerForca: Bayern WERE lucky with their draw, it's their ineptitude that cost that much. They were a shambles in defense. (What would've happened if they had drawn Real or Barca?) )

But Jesus.....THREE-FUCKING-ONE? Are they ever gonna undo that?

A 2-0 at home isn't at all impossible, especially when considering the errors were individual, not tactical or collective, and they still are lucky with their draw. Even after a 3-1 they have genuine possibilities of going through, which is more than can be said for PSG.

What I hope for for the semifinals: Barça, Atletico, Juve, Oporto.

What I think will actually happen: Barça, Madrid, Juve, Bayern.

For the sake of my anti-madridismo: ATLEEEEEEEEETIIIII

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By elkoldo

@ianhh6: Yeah a 2-0 is not at all impossible, but I can't shake off the memory of Barca-Inter semi-final in 2010.

Why did you change your opinion on Atleti-Real? Now with a 0-0 at home, Atleti have even better chance to progress: They can win the tie without literally having to win the return leg. Real don't have this chance!

(a common rookie mistake about two-legged knock-out stage is to reckon an away 0-0 is in your favor. I said this last year to @Aljosa23 as well when he thought his beloved Chelsea had won the tie when they left Madrid with a 0-0.)

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@elkoldo: The result is technically favorable, but I dunno... Madrid have a track record of grossly coming out on top. Shalke is the closest example, and before that the final last year.

If they didn't have Modric I'd be all "lolreal", but they are just much more solid with him. Thankfully there's still Ancelotti to **** things up with the 4-3-3, in stead of a 4-4-2, so yeah, I guess Atleti do have a chance!

Also don't get me started on that return leg, Toure's arm was stuck to his body before Bojan's goal, Ibra had his shirt ripped in the area from a pull, and Milito's goal in the first game was offside :@

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 elkoldo
@ianhh6 said:

@elkoldo: Madrid have a track record of grossly coming out on top.

Yeah but they also have a terrible record of scoring/conceding against Atleti.

@ianhh6 said:

Thankfully there's still Ancelotti to **** things up

Finally someones shares my opinion on Carlo!

@ianhh6 said:

Also don't get me started on that return leg, Toure's arm was stuck to his body before Bojan's goal, Ibra had his shirt ripped in the area from a pull, and Milito's goal in the first game was offside :@

Plus Dani Alves was fouled in the box in the first leg!

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Catalli  Moderator

@elkoldo said:
@ianhh6 said:

Plus Dani Alves was fouled in the box in the first leg!

Oh yeah... that too... goddammnit that shoulda been ours! We'd have had three champions leagues in a row!

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By elkoldo

@ianhh6: But in all fairness, Pique's goal was offside :P

Shit, Bale just strained a muscle. From the look of the things, chances are he'll miss the return leg.