Vick's sentence

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts
You knew it was coming, but the judge just sentenced him to 23 months in prison. Here is the link. What are your thoughts? He could have gotten up to 5 years.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

For some reason I thought I had heard he was already in jail serving his time...

Anyway dude did some nasty stuff, I'm happy to see he's going to pay for it.

Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
considering what the other guys got i guess this is fair
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
That's all? Oh he is definitely coming back in the NFL then....
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Good, justice was served.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

That's all? Oh he is definitely coming back in the NFL then....mrvic87

That's doubtful. He'd be a 30 year old QB with a career passer's rating of 75 and out of practice for two years. Not too many teams would be willing to take a chance on that.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cell_dweller  Moderator

For some reason I thought I had heard he was already in jail serving his time...

duxup
He was out on bail until sentencing today, but he turned himself in early. Trying to do that whole "good behavior" thing...
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#8 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Well at least it wasnt a 6 or less month type for celebs. Rather have to never hear his name again.
shaunmc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#9 shaunmc
Member since 2003 • 1957 Posts

duxup

He reported to prison a few weeks early in an attempt to earn some leniency. It was only today that he received his official sentence.

But what a sentence. This probably spells the end of his NFL career. The NFL commish is going to tack on an extra year's suspension most likely, so Vick will be 30 by the time he can start playing again. Yikes.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 duxup
[QUOTE="duxup"]

shaunmc

He reported to prison a few weeks early in an attempt to earn some leniency. It was only today that he received his official sentence.

But what a sentence. This probably spells the end of his NFL career. The NFL commish is going to tack on an extra year's suspension most likely, so Vick will be 30 by the time he can start playing again. Yikes.

I didn't know you could do that.

I'm not doing anything a few days this week. I wonder if I can stop by and put some time in to cover any future sentences I may receive.... I wonder if they have any bonus days where you get extra credit for time served. "Serve one day this weekend get credit for TWO!"

Gandhigonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gandhigonewild
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
well he could always give the canadian league a run for its money
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cell_dweller  Moderator

I didn't know you could do that.

I'm not doing anything a few days this week. I wonder if I can stop by and put some time in to cover any future sentences I may receive.... I wonder if they have any bonus days where you get extra credit for time served. "Serve one day this weekend get credit for TWO!"

duxup
You can definitely do that. In fact, many people do. Vick still has to face state charges, which could tack on more time though. He might be in jail until he's well older than 30.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 duxup

well he could always give the canadian league a run for its moneyGandhigonewild

Didn't they come up with some agreement about that with the NFL recently? I know they were working some such deal to avoid such situations.

Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

[QUOTE="Gandhigonewild"]well he could always give the canadian league a run for its moneyduxup

Didn't they come up with some agreement about that with the NFL recently? I know they were working some such deal to avoid such situations.

Yep. The CFL will now uphold any NFL suspensions.

Gandhigonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Gandhigonewild
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

ouch hes screwed then

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
Vick is getting what he deserves, but to not let his suspension run along with his sentence is ridiculous. When he does get out, shouldn't the NFL put into consideration the 23 months that he served in federal prison as enough punishment. Thats the only gripe I have.
KingOfKonging

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KingOfKonging
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

duxup

He was. He voluntarily went in in Nov. so the time he has been serving is subtracted form his sentence.

hockey73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hockey73
Member since 2005 • 8281 Posts
meh to generous if you ask me. although i agree with what i think what someone stated above, its on par compared to what the others are getting.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mastershake575
Member since 2007 • 8574 Posts
the sad thing about that is that he'll be out in less than a year
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts
hes really lucky...he got a generous sentence
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

the sad thing about that is that he'll be out in less than a yearmastershake575

Not according to all the legal analysts on ESPN. They said that he may get out after only 18 months but that would probably all he could get down to. So there is almost NO way he will get out in under a year.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mastershake575

[QUOTE="mastershake575"]the sad thing about that is that he'll be out in less than a yearnickdastick

Not according to all the legal analysts on ESPN. They said that he may get out after only 18 months but that would probably all he could get down to. So there is almost NO way he will get out in under a year.

yeah ok im going to so believe a bunch of analyst
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="mastershake575"]the sad thing about that is that he'll be out in less than a yearmastershake575

Yeah, LEGAL analysts! They get paid by ESPN to be a LEGAL analyst because they were things like lawyers and whatnot. They aren't just guys that they dub legal analysts. The main reason they said he wouldn't get much taken off is because they are federal charges. Honestly dude...

kgould01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kgould01
Member since 2007 • 837 Posts
vick is a dope. i would have gave him 10 years. he was so overated as a qb. he didnt even pass the ball. he should have been a rb. anybody who thinks hes not guilty is also a dope.
mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="mastershake575"]the sad thing about that is that he'll be out in less than a yearnickdastick

Yeah, LEGAL analysts! They get paid by ESPN to be a LEGAL analyst because they were things like lawyers and whatnot. They aren't just guys that they dub legal analysts. The main reason they said he wouldn't get much taken off is because they are federal charges. Honestly dude...

i still don't care about what a bunch of useless analyst think i'll be the one laughing when he gets out way before his sentence
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Sounds about right. That gives him a long time to ponder his crimes.
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
He got what he deserved. Personally I wish he got more.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#28 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts

You knew it was coming, but the judge just sentenced him to 23 months in prison. Here is the link. What are your thoughts? He could have gotten up to 5 years.cell_dweller

His sentence was fair. He had the plea deal, was let home on probation until his sentencing, failed a drug test, lied about taking drugs, lied to the court about things, all adding months onto his sentence. He committed a crime, acted stupid, and now he has to pay for it. It really is a shame to see him go down like this.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nickdastick
[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

[QUOTE="mastershake575"]the sad thing about that is that he'll be out in less than a yearmastershake575

i still don't care about what a bunch of useless analyst think i'll be the one laughing when he gets out way before his sentence

Have fun with that. Amazingly enough though, I would take the word of those "useless analysts" anyday over a guy with a screen name like mastershake... And ESPN is paying you how much to be a legal analyst for them since you apparently know so much about this kind of stuff? That's what I thought.

Treblemaka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Treblemaka
Member since 2007 • 126 Posts
He shot himself in the foot. Why would someone who pulls down as much as 20 mil a year (after bonuses and sponsorships) do something like dogfighting? Simply stupid.
Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sports-Fan
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts
Not enough. He should be locked up for life for the amount of money he convinced the Atlanta Falcons to waste on him. Wait what?
s3anx7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 s3anx7007
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
yeah he couldve gotten more. my friend got more time for, in my opinion, doing something far less worse. Who cares though, i never thought he was that great of a QB. I think he'll come back, but he'll be a backup for the rest of his career.
Soxguy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 Soxguy09
Member since 2007 • 902 Posts

I dont know if vick will ever really come back. He will try, but i dont think that they will let him, or any team will want him back.

mastershake575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mastershake575
[QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="mastershake575"][QUOTE="nickdastick"]

Have fun with that. Amazingly enough though, I would take the word of those "useless analysts" anyday over a guy with a screen name like mastershake... And ESPN is paying you how much to be a legal analyst for them since you apparently know so much about this kind of stuff? That's what I thought.

1. i will

2. its better than nick da stick

3. go right ahead i don't care and never did

4. oh no boo hoo i don't have a job doing nothing im going to cry now

5. "Thats what i though" yeah your some though $##%