The thing that's wrong with the Mavs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

don't get me wrong i'm a huge mavs fan and i live in Dallas but they have one problem that may keep them from the championship which is a 2 great players. I mean Dirk is there only real super star take a look back at some of the other good teams

last year Heat - Wade and Shaq

Bulls- Jordan and Pippin

Lackers- Kobe and Shaq (just before he got traded)

Spurs- Duncan and Rodman

that what just might keep them from going all the way

XxMa5icarxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 XxMa5icarxX
Member since 2004 • 6621 Posts
Dirk and Terry :| Dirk and Howard :|
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Sombody watched PTI today, huh? (Tony Kornheiser said the exact same thing)
LOEAnubis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 LOEAnubis
Member since 2002 • 12135 Posts
Duncan and Rodman? Huh? Do you mean Duncan and Robinson? And you can even put Ginobili or Parker in there as well.

But those last two support the fact that you don't need a superstar duo anymore. Look at the Pistons recent run. Before that championship who would have thought that Rip Hamilton would be a big name player?
jimmygrace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jimmygrace
Member since 2007 • 2405 Posts
Well the only reason they didn't win the championship last season was because they choked with a 20 point 2nd half lead on the road when they coulda took a 3-0 series lead.I think Dallas is the best team in the league right now because they are the most complete.If anything happens to Nash then the Suns are finished, and I'm not even sure they can beat Dallas or San Antonio because they haven't shown they can do it.
MavsFan2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MavsFan2007
Member since 2006 • 1697 Posts

don't get me wrong i'm a huge mavs fan and i live in Dallas but they have one problem that may keep them from the championship which is a 2 great players. I mean Dirk is there only real super star take a look back at some of the other good teams

Bulls- Jordan and Pippin

Spurs- Duncan and Rodman

StarFoxCOM
have you watched any dallas games this season? seriously. Josh Howard is going nuts in every catigory possible. Jason Terry is one of the best clutch shooter in the league right now. Devin Harris is the Mavs secret weapon to beating the Spurs. Jerry Stackhouse is one of the best 6th men in the leauge. Devin George lets us play a different style of basketball. Greg Buckner 2nd best perimeter defender(Josh Howard #1). Diop and Dampier defence and offince centers, although Dampier is not that consistant. The Mavs have a TON of offinsive and definsive options.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Doesn't matter, they work well as a team.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

Bulls- Jordan and Pippin

Spurs- Duncan and Rodman

StarFoxCOM
The only way the Mavs dont win the title is if they are hit by injuries or someone else gets hot(like the Heat last year, no pun intended)
MRCOOPER2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MRCOOPER2786
Member since 2004 • 54 Posts

I agree,

Dirk and Terry

Dirk and Howard

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
That is why they havn't even lost 10 games...right?
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
NO way is Terry a "great" player. A good player perhaps, but he is way too streaky to be considered great. The closest the Mavs have to being a "great" player besides Dirk is Howard. He can consistantly give you 20 points, 5-7 rebounds a night and plays solid defense.

ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Pistons lost 18 games TOTAL last year and they didn't bring home the title. Who the **** cares if they have a mackin regular season record? Dallas needs to put up or shut up when it matters, or they get no respect as a championship caliber team.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Dirk and Terry :| Dirk and Howard :|XxMa5icarxX

I have to agree. Both guys are very good and Howard especially is becoming a star in his own right. The Mavs are the biggest threat to any team. They have the best chance to win the Championship.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
mavericks are going back to the championship with a vengeance this year and there ain't nothin that can stop them. As much as I love my lakers I know a championship team when I see it and the Mavericks are it. They dont really have a power combo because no one on that team is dominant but under avery johnson they play the best team ball
ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#15 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

i can't belive you think it takes 2 great players to win a championship. thats the biggest bunch of crap anyone ever said. the WHOLE TEAM needs to step there game up to win a championship.

dirks stats are down from last year and the team is better for it

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
mavericks are going back to the championship with a vengeance this year and there ain't nothin that can stop them. As much as I love my lakers I know a championship team when I see it and the Mavericks are it. They dont really have a power combo because no one on that team is dominant but under avery johnson they play the best team ball andyboiii

Uhhh...it's obvious that it's a championship team, but a DEFINITE championship team?!? There is no such thing. No matter how good a team, they can be eliminated by a hotter team. Also, maybe you are forgetting Dirk Nowitiziki. Even though he plays the slow half-court offense of Mavs, he has potential to easily put up 50 points and if that's not dominating, I don't know what is...

Also, the whole team is more important than having two super stars. I rather have a deep roster with great chemistry than two superstar team.
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Kobe + Shaq in 03-04 = Pistons Championship. This threads logic is poor, and circumstantial at best. Like I said, I'll give a hoot when they pull off beating the Suns and the Spurs (or just one of the two) in the Western Conference, and then schooling the conference that has supposedly been the weaker one for the last few years (last I checked, the East still had the Pistons, a team that has learned from it's inability to pace last year, the Heat, whom with Wade and Shaq (and hell, just Shaq lately), can beat any team when "hot," and the Cavs with the Kang, the East could easily pull off another upset).
andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]mavericks are going back to the championship with a vengeance this year and there ain't nothin that can stop them. As much as I love my lakers I know a championship team when I see it and the Mavericks are it. They dont really have a power combo because no one on that team is dominant but under avery johnson they play the best team ball dkhw

Uhhh...it's obvious that it's a championship team, but a DEFINITE championship team?!? There is no such thing. No matter how good a team, they can be eliminated by a hotter team. Also, maybe you are forgetting Dirk Nowitiziki. Even though he plays the slow half-court offense of Mavs, he has potential to easily put up 50 points and if that's not dominating, I don't know what is...

Also, the whole team is more important than having two super stars. I rather have a deep roster with great chemistry than two superstar team.

lol dirk nowitzki wont score 50 in a playoff game even if he does have the "potential" to do so hes just not that type of player. He hasn't even hit 50 this year so why would he try to jack up that many in the playoffs. why would he when he has players like howard and terry around him who get the job done on offense
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

I agree,

Dirk and Terry

Dirk and Howard

MRCOOPER2786

yeah i know

he cant be a true mavs fan if he says that neither Terry or Howard are star players
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SilverArmor82
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts
Talent alone does not win championships. Defense and teamwork does.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Good point... But he can put up 50 but doesn't need to.  This thread is ...well why is this thread up?  They are 51-9... I can't remember the last time a team had such a great record well after the all-star break.  So why even put a thread like this up?  Maybe the poster knows something we don't.  Maybe he feels as though the record is all flash and come playoffs, the Mavs will have no substance.  I agree with the records being meaniingless.  It just puts a team in a better position to knock teams off since they would have homefield advantage but that's it. Look what happened to the poor chargers with a 14-2 record. 

[QUOTE="dkhw"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]mavericks are going back to the championship with a vengeance this year and there ain't nothin that can stop them. As much as I love my lakers I know a championship team when I see it and the Mavericks are it. They dont really have a power combo because no one on that team is dominant but under avery johnson they play the best team ball andyboiii

lol dirk nowitzki wont score 50 in a playoff game even if he does have the "potential" to do so hes just not that type of player. He hasn't even hit 50 this year so why would he try to jack up that many in the playoffs. why would he when he has players like howard and terry around him who get the job done on offense

Zeldaguy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Zeldaguy16
Member since 2005 • 974 Posts
Are you kidding me? They've been awesome this year because of THREE GREAT PLAYERS, Dirk who can shoot and play some D as a big man, Jason Terry who can get streaky at times but when he's hot he can put up 35 a night with 4 steals, and Howard who is a smaller foward but is too speedy for bigger men and centers and he can also drive and play D. Are you kidding me, they'll make it to the finals unless the Suns step it up.
EmanSolid117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 EmanSolid117
Member since 2006 • 952 Posts
They've been awesome this year because of THREE GREAT PLAYERS, Dirk who can shoot and play some D as a big man, Jason Terry who can get streaky at times but when he's hot he can put up 35 a night with 4 steals, and Howard who is a smaller foward but is too speedy for bigger men and centers and he can also drive and play D.Zeldaguy16
Exactly what he said. Because of them, they will take the championship this year. It isn't gonna be the Heat again because Shaq is an air head, and Wade is out.
Dutch_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Dutch_Mix
Member since 2005 • 29266 Posts
So, I guess I'm the only one here that thinks Jason Terry is one of the best players in the West right now...? :?