The tackle on Eduardo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
I'm surprised there hasn't been a thread on this yet, as it was a few days ago. Anyway, the Birmingham player, Martin Tyler, hit right above the ankle of Eduardo with his spikes. It broke his leg in three places, and put it off into this horrible angle. I'm a Man United fan, but no one likes to see this type of dispicable play. Worst ever tackle? It's got to be close. Opinions? http://youtube.com/watch?v=CEGkFMjbG-w
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

Oooh I watched that once and couldn't watch any more replays. OUCH.

D3s7rUc71oN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 D3s7rUc71oN
Member since 2004 • 5180 Posts

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow;_ylt=AvialACcgot0ZladLg8syZg5nYcB

There's a poll on yahoo asking how long should the player be suspended.

CrimzonTide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 CrimzonTide
Member since 2007 • 12187 Posts
I voted for the rest of the season, the tackle wasn't mistimed, it was meant to be violent in that way.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gameeer1
Member since 2006 • 16425 Posts
That ***er should be suspended...Eduardo won't be playing in the Euros this summer thanks to him...He cost the Croats a very good shot for the championship.
spark5050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 spark5050
Member since 2007 • 280 Posts
Taylor clearly went for the ball! Im a Sunderland fan so I should be considered impartial. IMO he should just get a normal ban, these things happen in football
squitsquat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 squitsquat
Member since 2005 • 1990 Posts
like it was said it might've been mistimed or he missed the ball but he might have been just trying to throw the player off but kinda tripping him but didn't get his leg low enough in time
gatorforlife07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 gatorforlife07
Member since 2007 • 1098 Posts
Ouch that's terrible I think the guy who tackled him should be suspended for the year
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 gameeer1

Taylor clearly went for the ball! Im a Sunderland fan so I should be considered impartial. IMO he should just get a normal ban, these things happen in footballspark5050

You mean how his studs were up right on da Silva's ankle? I don't think so.

numismatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 numismatic
Member since 2005 • 775 Posts
What the fudge were his feet doing so high up? missed tackle my backside. I saw that game on saturday and I was pissed, then I saw the picture and it wasn't a late tackle, as a defender he had plenty of time to anticipate Eduardo's movements and ride him off the ball. Eduardo is a poacher not a speed freak ala Walcott, to say Eduardo is too fast for him is pure bs. Taylor might not have wanted to break his legs, but he did intend to give Eduardo a knock by the way his feets were positioned. Eduardo has scored quite a few early goals this seasons and Taylor was obviously trying to prevent that. It pisses me off that most of the sympathy has been directed at the offender rather than the injured. It was a dirty play pure and simple, had Taylor been playing the ball rather than the man even if he was late the worst that could have happened was that he stepped on his toes not break his shin.
gameeer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gameeer1

like it was said it might've been mistimed or he missed the ball but he might have been just trying to throw the player off but kinda tripping him but didn't get his leg low enough in timesquitsquat

Honestly. You have to be kidding me. His studs are up during the tackle. That is illegal to do, as it can harm the player, which is what happened.The picture alone in the Toronto Star today was enough proof of this. And now, This magnificent striker will not be able to play for another 9 months, let alone for Croatiaduring this summers Euro Championship, no thanks to this jackass. This can mess up da Silva's career, for god's sake. Seriously. He might not be able to score a lot of goals like he has and did during the Euro qualifiers anymore.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
That's pretty sick, i'm not a soccer fan so i don't know if that looks intentional or not but that guy should be out for the rest of the season.
fordies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 fordies
Member since 2005 • 5829 Posts

It is a terrible injury and he won't be back playing again until at the earliest next season but the tackle wasn't that bad you see that sort of tackle every game it was just mis-timed that was all no intent most pundits have said the tackle itself only deserved a yellow card but he got a red card because the ref saw how serious the injury was had Eduardo not got injured and just got back up Tayler wouldn't of got sent off im pretty certain about that.

I don't think Martin Tayler deserves any more of a suspension than what he would normally of got for a straight red card he has a fantastic disciplinary record that shows he is not a dirty player.

Zero-Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zero-Pirate
Member since 2003 • 2156 Posts

It is a terrible injury and he won't be back playing again until at the earliest next season but the tackle wasn't that bad you see that sort of tackle every game it was just mis-timed that was all no intent most pundits have said the tackle itself only deserved a yellow card but he got a red card because the ref saw how serious the injury was had Eduardo not got injured and just got back up Tayler wouldn't of got sent off im pretty certain about that.

I don't think Martin Tayler deserves any more of a suspension than what he would normally of got for a straight red card he has a fantastic disciplinary record that shows he is not a dirty player.

fordies

Exactly. It was more clumsy than malicious. And you do see tackles like that all the time that don't result in injury, and produce a yellow card. If you watch, Taylor would have had the ball, but Eduardo flicked it away as Taylor was sliding in. It was unfortunate timing that resulted in a horrific injury.