The "NFL players that got released" Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

#1 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts

Since all these players are getting released lets keep it in this thread.

Recent released players:

Joe Horn (Link: http://www.neworleanssaints.com/)

Joey Porter

Fred Smoot (Link: http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_RosterMoves3107.html)

Jamal Lewis

Brad Johnson

Keep adding...

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts
Joey Porter will be missed. They can replace him with another great linebacker like Harrison , but he brought heart and fire to the team. Maybe they should pick up Joe Horn as another weapon for Ben ?

xJEST3Rx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 xJEST3Rx
Member since 2005 • 799 Posts
im glad porter is out of pitt he was alot of trouble to the bengals
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Drew Bledsoe QB - Dallas Link

Keenan McCardell, WR - SD
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts
Vikings released: OT Mike Rosenthal, TE Jermaine Wiggins
Giants released: OL Shaun O'Hara
Chargers released: OL Chris Dielman
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
Bengals release veteran LB Brian Simmons and OL Eric Steinbach is free agent.
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#7 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
Feels like Christmas time but I just hope the Pats actually do something this year and be a agressive because I really dont want to see a repeat of last year.  I want to see some new blood here but as far as I can see Daniel Graham will become a free agent and the whole Corey Dillion story has been kept under wraps.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
Feels like Christmas time but I just hope the Pats actually do something this year and be a agressive because I really dont want to see a repeat of last year.  I want to see some new blood here but as far as I can see Daniel Graham will become a free agent and the whole Corey Dillion story has been kept under wraps.PatsFanVince
I hope they continue to be thrifty in spending on free agents as they have always been. The only FA that I can remember the Patriots spending big money on is Colvin. As long as the Patriots draft well they will continue to be title contenders. There are rumors that they are interested in Randy Moss, but I hope they do not waste any draft picks on the punk.
pimp_in_08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pimp_in_08
Member since 2004 • 14009 Posts
cowboys dropeed bledsoe finally!
mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#10 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Porter will be signed so fast most likely.
Elitemajik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Elitemajik
Member since 2002 • 333 Posts
Porter will be signed so fast most likely.mrgab
i wouldnt be so sure about that. he's ageing and has only played in a 3-4 his whole career. and he wants to be in the top 3 highest payed linebackers
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Keyshawn Johnson.....j/k, I wish though :(
PatsFanVince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13 PatsFanVince
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts

[QUOTE="PatsFanVince"]Feels like Christmas time but I just hope the Pats actually do something this year and be a agressive because I really dont want to see a repeat of last year.  I want to see some new blood here but as far as I can see Daniel Graham will become a free agent and the whole Corey Dillion story has been kept under wraps.bunchofpixels
I hope they continue to be thrifty in spending on free agents as they have always been. The only FA that I can remember the Patriots spending big money on is Colvin. As long as the Patriots draft well they will continue to be title contenders. There are rumors that they are interested in Randy Moss, but I hope they do not waste any draft picks on the punk.

As much as some fans don't want to see Moss come to New England I really don't see why they don't give him a chance.  I really wouldn't mind seeing any type of receiver like Stallworth or Moss come here for number one money, Tom Brady needs someone to throw to with experience and the ability to get open like Moss.  I'm sure Belichick could turn him around as he did with Dillion.

For instance when we played the Colts there were 2 reasons why we lost the one obviously being old and slow at linebacker and the other simply the receivers just weren't getting open or they were dropping balls.  Those catches could have made all the difference in that game and possibly another title.

piemaster5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 piemaster5000
Member since 2006 • 190 Posts
adailius thomas
Avatar image for stephenbpronovo
stephenbpronovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 stephenbpronovo
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts
[QUOTE="PatsFanVince"]Feels like Christmas time but I just hope the Pats actually do something this year and be a agressive because I really dont want to see a repeat of last year. I want to see some new blood here but as far as I can see Daniel Graham will become a free agent and the whole Corey Dillion story has been kept under wraps.bunchofpixels

I want Moss In A Pats uniform.  Giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him is nothing.  I don't want our faith resting on Caldwell again.
stephenbpronovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stephenbpronovo
Ill take Owens also.
badaboom187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 badaboom187
Member since 2005 • 6917 Posts
antonio bryant

HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts

Keenan McCardell, WR - SD
Espurs117
Stupid move... We have no receivers now....
stephenbpronovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 stephenbpronovo
Jake Plummer traded to the Buccaneers for a draft pick
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
Keyshawn Johnson.....j/k, I wish though :(Ngamer05
There's still hope for him! We just need Delhomme to get back to his old self.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
this is nuts
solid_krash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 solid_krash
Member since 2005 • 219 Posts
I can't believe the Steelers released Joey Porter, the man was the face of the Steelers.
stephenbpronovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stephenbpronovo
it looks like Plummer is going to retire now
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bunchofpixels

[QUOTE="bunchofpixels"][QUOTE="PatsFanVince"]Feels like Christmas time but I just hope the Pats actually do something this year and be a agressive because I really dont want to see a repeat of last year.  I want to see some new blood here but as far as I can see Daniel Graham will become a free agent and the whole Corey Dillion story has been kept under wraps.PatsFanVince

As much as some fans don't want to see Moss come to New England I really don't see why they don't give him a chance.  I really wouldn't mind seeing any type of receiver like Stallworth or Moss come here for number one money, Tom Brady needs someone to throw to with experience and the ability to get open like Moss.  I'm sure Belichick could turn him around as he did with Dillion.

For instance when we played the Colts there were 2 reasons why we lost the one obviously being old and slow at linebacker and the other simply the receivers just weren't getting open or they were dropping balls.  Those catches could have made all the difference in that game and possibly another title.

Stallworth would be a good pickup for cheap. He is a good reciever when healthy which isnt often. Moss isnt worth his salary, or the draft picks that the Pats would have to give up to get him. Obviously WR is one of the Patriots weak points, and they will probably take at least one in the first couple of rounds in a deep draft.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bunchofpixels
[QUOTE="bunchofpixels"][QUOTE="PatsFanVince"]Feels like Christmas time but I just hope the Pats actually do something this year and be a agressive because I really dont want to see a repeat of last year. I want to see some new blood here but as far as I can see Daniel Graham will become a free agent and the whole Corey Dillion story has been kept under wraps.stephenbpronovo

I want Moss In A Pats uniform.  Giving up a 3rd or 4th round pick for him is nothing.  I don't want our faith resting on Caldwell again.

3rd or a 4th round pick for Moss? The Raiders wanted 2 #1's for Porter last year, and are asking for something similar for Moss. If it were a matter of a 3rd or 4th round pick, he wouldnt be in Oakland.