tennis players/fans thread:current tour-WIMBLEDON

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

everyone who is interested in tennis post here. any tennis raquets, the surface that you play/like to play, favourite players, strategies etc.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I used to play in mersey league tennis(local tennis league in Liverpool)

Will rejoin soon.

I prefer to play in clay, because I'm a very good defensive player and clay favours that style.

I don't have huge winners in my arsenal but rarely make mistakes and can chase down every ball making my opponent have to play one more shot.

Clay favours that game plan.

When we play on hard courts I normally get battered by powerfull players, but I'll beat those same players on clay.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tushar172787

@thehig1: hmm, i like hard better since it helps me defeat lobbing players. i use a head graphene speed mp strung at 58 with head sonic pro, overall a good combo. at the higher level, you have to increase your attacking style of play since most people will will have a great serve and volley and you need the same to hold you serve.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thehig1

@tushar172787 said:

@thehig1: hmm, i like hard better since it helps me defeat lobbing players. i use a head graphene speed mp strung at 58 with head sonic pro, overall a good combo. at the higher level, you have to increase your attacking style of play since most people will will have a great serve and volley and you need the same to hold you serve.

serve and volley doesn't work very well on clay, hence why I normally win on that surface. I suck at serve and volley but can hold surve as my first spin gets plenty of spin and can kick out wide, making an awkward return giving me and open court to play into.

I rarely make unforced errors, hit my forehands with plenty of spin and can run down a lot of shots, I'm rarely beaten on clay by players around my level or even slightly better than me if there not used to the surface.

As I'm 28 nearly 29 now I'm less interested in playing on hard courts at all, clay is a lot easier on the body and playing exclusively on clay will increase my time I can play tennis at a decent level.

Last tournament I played in on Hard Court, I went out in first round 6-1, 6-2, and I couldn't walk for a few days after it haha, despite the game only being about an hour and half.

Living in the UK I've never played on grass before, would love to try it one day but those courts are no were near my local area, closest to grass I've played on is artificial grass, not the same thing but its still a pretty fast court.

Again playing on that surface I get overpowered by heavy hitters more than I would on clay.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Well this is the best thread for it and I don't want to make a new one so...

Nadal is already out of Wimbledon... *sigh*

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By thehig1

@ianhh6 said:

one of the most Entertaining matches I've ever seen though that Dustin Brown was a joy to watch, how is he only ranked 102.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tushar172787

@thehig1 said:
@ianhh6 said:

one of the most Entertaining matches I've ever seen though that Dustin Brown was a joy to watch, how is he only ranked 102.

he lost today.. what a shame.. but dustin brown played some unbelievable shots against nadal.. victor troicki was just better i guess..

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 thehig1

@tushar172787: yeah there was breaking that troicki serve in the last set.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tushar172787

djokovic wins wimbledon! unfortunately federer could not repeat the magic at that semifinal against murray :(