So, since the Lions just made this trade...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -ZeRoHouR-
Member since 2003 • 8089 Posts
Link

does this mean they will now end up picking Brady Quinn now at the #2 pick?  I don't know, I just don't know anymore about my Lions.
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 PuddleMonkey
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
Link

does this mean they will now end up picking Brady Quinn now at the #2 pick? I don't know, I just don't know anymore about my Lions.
-ZeRoHouR-

In my Madden Superstar mode I got drafted by the Lions, it was rather depressing. On the good side, I was starting as a rookie at the QB position. I had a 87 OVR while Kitna had a 83, lol. Poor poor Lions.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
as a broncos fan, i liked the trade a lot. tatum can break huge runs at any time but he's fumbled too many times in key situations.
shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shooks20
Member since 2005 • 1943 Posts
As a lifelong Lions fan I don't know how to feel about this trade. Bly was our shut down corner, and I know Kevin Jones can't really be happy with this trade.

Actually, I don't like this, our defense just got significantly weaker. And I don't want Brady Quinn on this team.
surid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 surid
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts
i dont know what to say, giving up an excellent player on defence in exchange with a great running back sounds good but may hurt us defensively, just hope we pick a good QB and don't screw up in the draft like always.
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
If the Lions pick Quinn then you can expect a lot more losing in Detroit in the near future...
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PuddleMonkey
Wow, all 3 Lions fans post on GameSpot, thats just crazy!
geaux321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 geaux321
Member since 2003 • 19424 Posts
I still have them picking Joe Thomas.
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Great trade for both sides.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

So I guess they really like Mike Bell in Denver.  I wasn't really that sold on him, guess Denver thought otherwise.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts
Heh, do the Broncos trade a RB every year?
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -ZeRoHouR-
As a lifelong Lions fan I don't know how to feel about this trade. Bly was our shut down corner, and I know Kevin Jones can't really be happy with this trade.

Actually, I don't like this, our defense just got significantly weaker. And I don't want Brady Quinn on this team.shooks20

See, I don't want Quinn either but with Detroit getting an OT, it seems like they won't need Joe Thomas at the #2 pick now.  Ugh, I have a bad feeling about them ..........again........like always. :( :(
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Espurs117
When was the last time the Lions had a good feeling? Other than stealing Roy Williams :P
killax98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 killax98
Member since 2006 • 294 Posts
LIONS QB OF THE FUTURE IS JOSH MCOWN DAMN why dont people remember him? cuz he didnt play this year? he wasnt that bad in zona lions are getting thomas
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
LIONS QB OF THE FUTURE IS JOSH MCOWN DAMN why dont people remember him? cuz he didnt play this year? he wasnt that bad in zona lions are getting thomaskillax98
I remember him and he isn't that bad to tell the truth. He has the mobility like Tony Romo...
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Espurs117
LIONS QB OF THE FUTURE IS JOSH MCOWN DAMN why dont people remember him? cuz he didnt play this year? he wasnt that bad in zona lions are getting thomaskillax98

Cmon man, he got let go for an old and injured Kurt Warner.
Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3541 Posts

[QUOTE="shooks20"]As a lifelong Lions fan I don't know how to feel about this trade. Bly was our shut down corner, and I know Kevin Jones can't really be happy with this trade.

Actually, I don't like this, our defense just got significantly weaker. And I don't want Brady Quinn on this team.-ZeRoHouR-

See, I don't want Quinn either but with Detroit getting an OT, it seems like they won't need Joe Thomas at the #2 pick now.  Ugh, I have a bad feeling about them ..........again........like always. :( :(

http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/lions-listening-to-trade-offers-for-2nd.html

I have a feeling they'll be alright....

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Lions need to trade…. Matt Millen.
Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Lions need to trade…. Matt Millen.duxup

:lol: Sad, but true
shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shooks20
I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Lions need to trade…. Matt Millen.duxup
Everyone but Ford knows this, the old man is stubborn and senile though so it won't happen
Avatar image for stephenbpronovo
stephenbpronovo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 stephenbpronovo
Member since 2006 • 246 Posts

Actually, I don't like this, our defense just got significantly weaker. And I don't want Brady Quinn on this team.shooks20

Why doesn't anybody liek Quinn.  He is the number pick this year not the fat ass jamarcus russell
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts

[QUOTE="shooks20"]As a lifelong Lions fan I don't know how to feel about this trade. Bly was our shut down corner, and I know Kevin Jones can't really be happy with this trade.

Actually, I don't like this, our defense just got significantly weaker. And I don't want Brady Quinn on this team.stephenbpronovo

Why doesn't anybody liek Quinn.  He is the number pick this year not the fat ass jamarcus russell

At least Jamarcus won a bowl game, all Quinn ever did in bowl games was watch his team get pounded.

shooks20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shooks20
Jamarcus Russell > Brady Quinn
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 romocop33

So I guess they really like Mike Bell in Denver. I wasn't really that sold on him, guess Denver thought otherwise.

MikeE21286
they're not. most likely they'll sign a free agent, like jamal lewis, or try to trade for someone like thomas jones, who the bears are willing to part with. either way, tatum fumbled way too much in key situations. he cost the broncos at least 2 games that i can think of last season.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 romocop33

[QUOTE="stephenbpronovo"][QUOTE="shooks20"]As a lifelong Lions fan I don't know how to feel about this trade. Bly was our shut down corner, and I know Kevin Jones can't really be happy with this trade.

Actually, I don't like this, our defense just got significantly weaker. And I don't want Brady Quinn on this team.familyguy77

Why doesn't anybody liek Quinn. He is the number pick this year not the fat ass jamarcus russell

At least Jamarcus won a bowl game, all Quinn ever did in bowl games was watch his team get pounded.

there's a reason notre dame hasn't won a bowl game in a decade. they always are overrated and get selected to better bowl games than they should because they bring a lot of fans. but that's a discussion for another thread.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts
Bly did not fit in with the defense and he wasn't happy.  so why not trade him.  i like the trade myself, they filled in 2 needs with this trade and got a draft pick outta the deal!
Ranger_x8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Ranger_x8b
Member since 2002 • 5840 Posts
Wow... When your team's offense plays the Broncos, you'll be looking at Champ Bailey at one side and Dre Bly at the other. That ain't bad.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 romocop33
make no mistake about it, the broncos got the better end of this deal. they get a pro-bowl calliber corner for a running back who wasn't going to be a starter and is easily replaced, especially in denver, and another guy who was going to be cut. thank you matt millen.
eitremn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 eitremn
Member since 2004 • 806 Posts

make no mistake about it, the broncos got the better end of this deal. they get a pro-bowl calliber corner for a running back who wasn't going to be a starter and is easily replaced, especially in denver, and another guy who was going to be cut. thank you matt millen.romocop33

pfff, a declining pro bowl caliber corner.  Tatum Bell is a rising star, he's had a 900 yard season and a 1000 yard season while splitting time with another back.  you don't know what you are talking about.  and a speedy back such as this is just what martz needed to jump start his offense.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
[QUOTE="duxup"]I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Lions need to trade…. Matt Millen.shooks20
Everyone but Ford knows this, the old man is stubborn and senile though so it won't happen

Ford doesnt even know he owns a football team.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bunchofpixels

Actually, I don't like this, our defense just got significantly weaker. And I don't want Brady Quinn on this team.-ZeRoHouR-

So you think George Foster is going to fix all of Detroits o line problems? Joe Thomas is a good pick for Detroit.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -ZeRoHouR-
[QUOTE="shooks20"][QUOTE="duxup"]I hate to sound like a broken record, but the Lions need to trade…. Matt Millen.bunchofpixels

Ford doesnt even know he owns a football team.

LMAO!

Yeah, you can pretty much say that when the owner still keeps good ol "reliable" Matt Millen. :lol:
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 romocop33

[QUOTE="romocop33"]make no mistake about it, the broncos got the better end of this deal. they get a pro-bowl calliber corner for a running back who wasn't going to be a starter and is easily replaced, especially in denver, and another guy who was going to be cut. thank you matt millen.eitremn

pfff, a declining pro bowl caliber corner. Tatum Bell is a rising star, he's had a 900 yard season and a 1000 yard season while splitting time with another back. you don't know what you are talking about. and a speedy back such as this is just what martz needed to jump start his offense.

yes i do. i've watched every broncos game for about the last 15 years. tatum bell will fumble in key situations. fact. he will cost the lions games. that is if they are even in games.
chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chestnutz6
Member since 2006 • 1702 Posts
Here's to hoping that shannahan finally ends this stupid running back committee for fellow fantasy owners. He's a fantasy killer. But knowing him he'll probably just pick up Maurice Clarett again and he'll become the other third of the starting running back
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 romocop33
Here's to hoping that shannahan finally ends this stupid running back committee for fellow fantasy owners. He's a fantasy killer. But knowing him he'll probably just pick up Maurice Clarett again and he'll become the other third of the starting running backchestnutz6
yeah, coaches that have 2 running backs split time are obviously stupid. like tony dungy, lovie smith, etc.
chestnutz6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 chestnutz6
Member since 2006 • 1702 Posts

OBVIOUSLY

That's strictly a fantasy standpoint. The eagles (my team) have had a RBC for a long time. and I like our coach

Tophery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tophery
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
If the Lions pick Quinn then you can expect a lot more losing in Detroit in the near future...murlow12

Indeed, Quinn and ND are... bum bum bumbumbum OV-ER-RAT-ED! bum bum bumbumbum OV-ER-RAT-ED!

But seriously, they suck.
Tophery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Tophery
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts

[QUOTE="romocop33"]make no mistake about it, the broncos got the better end of this deal. they get a pro-bowl calliber corner for a running back who wasn't going to be a starter and is easily replaced, especially in denver, and another guy who was going to be cut. thank you matt millen.eitremn

pfff, a declining pro bowl caliber corner. Tatum Bell is a rising star, he's had a 900 yard season and a 1000 yard season while splitting time with another back. you don't know what you are talking about. and a speedy back such as this is just what martz needed to jump start his offense.

I agree, the article said that Bly didn't fit in with the defensive scheme. Tatum Bell never really got a fair chance to start in Denver. I never thought that Millen would make a good decision, but he finally has.
-ZeRoHouR-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -ZeRoHouR-
[QUOTE="eitremn"]

[QUOTE="romocop33"]make no mistake about it, the broncos got the better end of this deal. they get a pro-bowl calliber corner for a running back who wasn't going to be a starter and is easily replaced, especially in denver, and another guy who was going to be cut. thank you matt millen.Tophery

I agree, the article said that Bly didn't fit in with the defensive scheme. Tatum Bell never really got a fair chance to start in Denver. I never thought that Millen would make a good decision, but he finally has.

That's a lie and you know it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flaming_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Flaming_Ape
Member since 2007 • 3246 Posts
Tatum Bell is gone from the Broncos!! :cry: But the good news is that my Broncs now have Dre Bly, and along with Champ Bailey, Denver will have the most nightmarish cornerback tandum (I don't mean nightmarish as in horribly bad, but mean like incredibly scary/good) in many years....I'm excited for next season to come. :twisted:
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
[QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"]Link

does this mean they will now end up picking Brady Quinn now at the #2 pick? I don't know, I just don't know anymore about my Lions.
PuddleMonkey

In my Madden Superstar mode I got drafted by the Lions, it was rather depressing. On the good side, I was starting as a rookie at the QB position. I had a 87 OVR while Kitna had a 83, lol. Poor poor Lions.

Lol! I got drafted by Greenbay and replaced Favre! (I tried a receiver superstar but it was boring, that one was drafted to Tampa Bay).
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bunchofpixels
Tatum Bell is gone from the Broncos!! :cry: But the good news is that my Broncs now have Dre Bly, and along with Champ Bailey, Denver will have the most nightmarish cornerback tandum (I don't mean nightmarish as in horribly bad, but mean like incredibly scary/good) in many years....I'm excited for next season to come. :twisted:Flaming_Ape
Denver's secondary was fine before the trade. THeir problem's last year stem from the lack of any pass rush. Bly isnt much of an upgrade over Darrent WIlliams, if any.
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#43 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
[QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"]Link

PuddleMonkey

You let your contract expire at the end of the year right
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 romocop33
[QUOTE="Flaming_Ape"]Tatum Bell is gone from the Broncos!! :cry: But the good news is that my Broncs now have Dre Bly, and along with Champ Bailey, Denver will have the most nightmarish cornerback tandum (I don't mean nightmarish as in horribly bad, but mean like incredibly scary/good) in many years....I'm excited for next season to come. :twisted:bunchofpixels
Denver's secondary was fine before the trade. THeir problem's last year stem from the lack of any pass rush. Bly isnt much of an upgrade over Darrent WIlliams, if any.

i know of very few broncos fans who are sad to see tatum go. he has great speed, which should be even better since he'll be playing on turf, but he fumbles in key situations. just listen to any sports talk show here in denver and you'll know that most people absolutely loved the trade. it upgrades the secondary immensly, as foxworth now can stay the nickle corner and doesn't have to start. and the lack of any pass rush is still their biggest problem. they got wilkinson, but i don't think he'll be that much of a factor. hopefully they can land patrick kerney, who was in denver on friday, or draft someone.
PuddleMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PuddleMonkey
[QUOTE="PuddleMonkey"][QUOTE="-ZeRoHouR-"]Link

StarFoxCOM

You let your contract expire at the end of the year right

I haven't even completed a year the Lions disinterest me so much. I just keep playing one of my four franchises I have going.
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
Tatum Bell is gone from the Broncos!! :cry: But the good news is that my Broncs now have Dre Bly, and along with Champ Bailey, Denver will have the most nightmarish cornerback tandum (I don't mean nightmarish as in horribly bad, but mean like incredibly scary/good) in many years....I'm excited for next season to come. :twisted:Flaming_Ape
Broncos might actually be a threat to my Chargers.... oh wait, nevermind