Skip Bayless

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lunney523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 lunney523
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts

Does anyone else hate this guy?  I cannot stand him on 1st & 10 and for some reason I get the feeling alot of other people hate him too.  He has something against LeBron James saying that he cannot make big shots, ofcoarse, he was not on the show the day after LeBrons stunning preformance in game 5 against the Pistons.  He also refuses to call him King James instead calling him "Prince James"

He is always taking shots at people who should just kick the crap out of him, Allen Iverson even said this year in an interview after being traded to the Nuggets "Why does he hate me?".

Get this loser off TV... It seems to me like he acts like a Shock Jock expect for TV

carnage2k9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 carnage2k9
Member since 2007 • 272 Posts
i call lebron prince james too.  when he wins his second finals i will call him king. right now its too early in his career.anyways i hate him too i used to watch the show when woody was on it now i dont remember that show isnt journalism its just people saying their opinion skip hates everyone.
sixringz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sixringz1
Member since 2004 • 1116 Posts
when he used to be a writer he was actually pretty good.  But i'm convinced that he has gotten this reputation for saying such outlandish things, that espn probably just asks him to say crazy things to stir up interest.  And the fact that there is a thread on this guy, and no other sports writer turned tv spokesperson (exception kornheiser and wilbon), i'd say it's working.
-Dionysus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Dionysus-
Member since 2006 • 1276 Posts
He doesn't know very much at all. It's almost sad because I think he thinks he knows a lot.
wiination27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 wiination27
Member since 2007 • 1741 Posts
Ya he hates Lebron :( too bad theres nothing really to hate about him.. maybe hes racist?... hmmm
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

I'm pretty sure his whole schtick is designed to incite arguments with co-hosts and to play the role of the stubborn know it all, only he does it with a real smarmy and nasty attitude instead of tongue-in-cheek like Woody Paige. A show featuring a talking head that we all can get mad at must get more attention/ratings for ESPN than a bunch of level headed journalists talking sports without confrontation (ie. The Sports Reporters).

If I see the guy on I just turn the channel, PTI is the only example of a sports debate show done right IMO.

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
As others have said I believe that's just his job.  He plays the devils advocate of sorts.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

Wow, way to pull the race card right away----I was wondering how long that would take. I like Skip, he makes the show more interesting and thought provoking.

Ya he hates Lebron :( too bad theres nothing really to hate about him.. maybe hes racist?... hmmmwiination27

yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts

Yeah he's a jerk. But I think he's kinda right about James and free throws.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#10 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I don't mind that Skip calls LeBron "Prince James" because he has the right to his opinion. What I do have a problem with is that he is the most critical person I have ever seen in my life!!! He cuts James NO slack and even when James goes above and beyond, he still has a reason for it not mattering... He complains that everyone uses the, "he's only 22" card but he does the same thing when LeBron does exactly what Skip wants him to... Whatever. I will say that Skip has really been going off the deep end lately (I watch 1st and 10 every day) on lots of stuff so... maybe he hasn't refilled his Rx...

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
I love Skip. He says things that other are afraid to say. I'm not saying he's always right, but when he called Roger Clemens a horrible teammate, I totally agreed.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I love Skip. He says things that other are afraid to say. I'm not saying he's always right, but when he called Roger Clemens a horrible teammate, I totally agreed.kdt55

I have to say that I agree that he does say things that others are afraid to say but I find that lately he is completely off his rocker! The Clemens thing was spot on though!

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
I like Skip. I remember reading his columns when he was a reporter for the Dallas Morning News. He sounds like he's whining sometimes and his head moves like a bobblehead doll, but at least he's sensible most of the time. Helped balance out Woody and his off-the-wall, shock value statements. Haven't watched the show in awhile though.
Blood_Raptor_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blood_Raptor_X
Member since 2004 • 2913 Posts
Skip Bayless is good for televison, wether or not the statements he makes are right or wrong. It doesn't matter.
Nooge3491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Nooge3491
Member since 2007 • 65 Posts
he's an idiot and he has the most annoying voice i have ever heard in my life