Should Dwanye Wade be traded?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyuHayabusaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 RyuHayabusaX
Member since 2005 • 7838 Posts
Miami would be nothing without him, but his talent is being wasted on a team that has lost 15 straight games(though they're leading the Spurs 89-88 with 1:04 left). I don't imagine him being with the Heat his entire career, and many keep speculating that Shaq might not be able to come back, and Pat Riley is definitely not staying there too long. I know that one player can make a team, but his talent is being wasted.
Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
They need to just clean house down there.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

His contract is up in 2 seasons.

If the Heat are still this pathetic in 2 seasons he'll probly opt out, I think.

Avatar image for Witchking111111
Witchking111111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Witchking111111
Member since 2004 • 7094 Posts
Spurs came back and won, 15 straight losses for Miami.
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Isn't that tied with franchise worst....

How did they become so bad in 2 seasons, i know injuries but still.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
He probably would opt out when his contract runs out. Riley rides his stars too much. Playing an injury plagued Wade 40 minutes in a lost season is stupid. Riley shortened the career of Ewing and if Wade plays for him, he'll do the same for Wade. By 2009, Wade won't have shaq and if Miami doesn't rebuild to give him a contender, he'll go away. James will probably do the same if Cleveland doesn't do the same thing for him. That team is a top 5 draft team without James.
dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.UssjTrunks

there are alot of players now that i think are overrated. it seems like these announcers and people all talk like every player is a superstar..or at least 90% of them. and i hate how they make huge deals about the stupidist things.

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

His contract is up in 2 seasons.

If the Heat are still this pathetic in 2 seasons he'll probly opt out, I think.

-Halftime-

That seems pretty likely at this point as Shaq is under contract until after the '09 season.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Wade is one of the 10 best players in the league.

I expect Miami to throw the max at him and sign him up for the long haul.

Then they have South Beach to help get FA's down there.

TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts

They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.UssjTrunks

Well said.

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.TheAbstrakt

Well said.

how....other than kobe and lebron, i don't see anyone else more talented than wade

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#13 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
That's like saying should we trade Shaun Alexander? Of course not. He had a bad year, he will pick it up. Same deal here. He's just having a bad year.
cheatham032002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cheatham032002
Member since 2007 • 138 Posts
They pretty much have the same squad that they won the finals with. They just need to play as a team. Get rid of Shaq. He is no help on the court. His knees are done. Look at his scoring, not to good. Wade needs help, its not his fault he scores 30+ and they still cant win. Although they won one today. Wade needs players!!! Dont trade Wade, build around him.
ninjadxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 ninjadxt
Member since 2007 • 227 Posts
He is too young, he can wait a few years still
Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
[QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.silky_smooth8

Well said.

how....other than kobe and lebron, i don't see anyone else more talented than wade

He's good, but definately not as good as the media hypes him up to be. There are plenty of players in the league who could fill Wade's shoes in Miami. Are you telling me that Kobe and Lebron are the only players who could go to Miami and average 25 PPG on a terrible team?

G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 G5W
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

Agreed, Suns or Raptors would be good fits

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
I like Wade but I really hate that they let him get away with the most obvious travels. Superstar = Babysitting for the Refs.
dcowboys3315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dcowboys3315
Member since 2004 • 3044 Posts

I like Wade but I really hate that they let him get away with the most obvious travels. Superstar = Babysitting for the Refs.balindos

its like that for alot of players. anyone else see billups 3 ball where he took about 4 steps after he caught it.

G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 G5W
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts

That's like saying should we trade Shaun Alexander? Of course not. He had a bad year, he will pick it up. Same deal here. He's just having a bad year.monkeytoes61

but he's not!

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#21 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Unless they find him more help...he needs to be traded...I don't see Mark Bount being the solution to Shaq and Zo's replacement...sorry :?
atlflcns7_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 atlflcns7_2004
Member since 2007 • 201 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.TheAbstrakt

Well said.

Agreed

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts

[QUOTE="balindos"]I like Wade but I really hate that they let him get away with the most obvious travels. Superstar = Babysitting for the Refs.dcowboys3315

its like that for alot of players. anyone else see billups 3 ball where he took about 4 steps after he caught it.

Yeah that was terrible. The Refs should get fined for something like that. But Stern Loves to protect his shady refs.

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silky_smooth8
[QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.Gamer556

Well said.

He's good, but definately not as good as the media hypes him up to be. There are plenty of players in the league who could fill Wade's shoes in Miami. Are you telling me that Kobe and Lebron are the only players who could go to Miami and average 25 PPG on a terrible team?

and average 7 assts, 4 boards, 2 steals, a block to go along w/ circus shots and highlight reel plays every game with no help from his team? yea pretty much. you people are bashing him as a player cause his team his garbage, but you can't deny the fact that wade is a top 3 talent in the league with or without a winning record

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 UssjTrunks
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.silky_smooth8

Well said.

and average 7 assts, 4 boards, 2 steals, a block to go along w/ circus shots and highlight reel plays every game with no help from his team? yea pretty much. you people are bashing him as a player cause his team his garbage, but you can't deny the fact that wade is a top 3 talent in the league with or without a winning record

This is almost the same team that won the Championship. He's proven he's not a leader and needs to be surrounded by all-star talent. There are plenty of guards in this league that put up good numbers but can't lead a team. Players that can are Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Nash, and even Roy. He's a talented player no doubt, but definitely not a top 3 guy.
manningbowl135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 manningbowl135
Member since 2006 • 7457 Posts
[QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.UssjTrunks

Well said.

This is almost the same team that won the Championship. He's proven he's not a leader and needs to be surrounded by all-star talent. There are plenty of guards in this league that put up good numbers but can't lead a team. Players that can are Kobe, Lebron, Paul, Nash, and even Roy. He's a talented player no doubt, but definitely not a top 3 guy.

The decline of Shaq by itself makes it not nearly the same team. Championship year, shaq averaged 20 and 10 and was the best big man in the East. Even without him, this is almost completely different. Payton is gone, Mourning is now gone, Posey, Walker and those role players are gone. This is so different a team than the championship team it's not even funny.

SupDude11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SupDude11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Better question - what team should he be traded to
SupDude11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SupDude11
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.manningbowl135

Well said.

The decline of Shaq by itself makes it not nearly the same team. Championship year, shaq averaged 20 and 10 and was the best big man in the East. Even without him, this is almost completely different. Payton is gone, Mourning is now gone, Posey, Walker and those role players are gone. This is so different a team than the championship team it's not even funny.

wade is a bball legend. stop lookin what he does on the court. off the court he leads the team with shaq and he would be a very valuable player in every team on and off the court. btw it is still difficult to average high points per game in a bad team. afterall it is a team game

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 silky_smooth8
[QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.UssjTrunks

Well said.

...its not even close to being the same team at all. The most dominant player for thepast ten years is done now, andthe heart and soul of their defence is also done. All that's left is a semi-healthy wade and a useless cast that not even kobe, lebron, nash, paul ect can help win. Keep in mind that all of those other players mentioned above have talent on their team

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.manningbowl135

Well said.

Word.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

Well said.

Dwayne Wade is a great player, but he's proven that he needs other great players around him to succeed. There's no way he is a top 3 talent in the leauge.

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
I think he needs to leave as soon as he can.
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silky_smooth8

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]They need to build around him. He's overrated IMO, and unless they surround with talent he won't be leading the team anywhere, he's no Kobe or Lebron.Gamer556

Well said.

Dwayne Wade is a great player, but he's proven that he needs other great players around him to succeed. There's no way he is a top 3 talent in the leauge.

read my other post. All the top players in the league (kobe, nash, paul ect) have talent around them in order to win. No one superstar has done it alone - that's general knowledge, yet here we are today again discrediting a great player because of his team's record. If you've been watching basketball the last couple of years, you should know that in terms of talent , meaning skill and ability to play basketball, wade is on par w/ kobe and lebron

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UssjTrunks
[QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

Well said.

read my other post. All the top players in the league (kobe, nash, paul ect) have talent around them in order to win. No one superstar has done it alone - that's general knowledge, yet here we are today again discrediting a great player because of his team's record. If you've been watching basketball the last couple of years, you should know that in terms of talent , meaning skill and ability to play basketball, wade is on par w/ kobe and lebron

Cleveland without Lebron is a lottery team.
silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 silky_smooth8
[QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="Gamer556"][QUOTE="silky_smooth8"][QUOTE="TheAbstrakt"]

Well said.

Cleveland without Lebron is a lottery team.

yea and miami without wade is an nbdl team. you've got to be kidding me if you think that ilgauskas, larry hughes, drew gooden, varejao, donyell marshall, gibson ect. aren't signifcantly more talented than whatever miami's got