Raiders in the front of pursuit for McNabb

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 0

#1 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts

Is McNabb the right QB that will solve the Raiders' problems offensively?........I doubt it :lol:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5038866

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
The Eagles are making such a terrible mistake by getting rid of McNabb. Reid is the problem. Not McNabb. Reid wouldn't have anything without McNabb and now the organization turns around and spits on the best QB the organization has ever had? And they wonder why they haven't one a Super Bowl. What a terrible organization
Buck_Hotep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Buck_Hotep
Member since 2003 • 10589 Posts

The Eagles are making such a terrible mistake by getting rid of McNabb. Reid is the problem. Not McNabb. Reid wouldn't have anything without McNabb and now the organization turns around and spits on the best QB the organization has ever had? And they wonder why they haven't one a Super Bowl. What a terrible organization-Halftime-

I actually think McNabb has been the problem. McNabb can go hot then cold just as quickly. Also, he's not getting any younger and most likely has started the downward decline. Kevin Kolb did quite well in the games McNabb wasn't able to play due to injuries last season.

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Halftime-

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]The Eagles are making such a terrible mistake by getting rid of McNabb. Reid is the problem. Not McNabb. Reid wouldn't have anything without McNabb and now the organization turns around and spits on the best QB the organization has ever had? And they wonder why they haven't one a Super Bowl. What a terrible organizationBuck_Hotep

I actually think McNabb has been the problem. McNabb can go hot then cold just as quickly. Also, he's not getting any younger and most likely has started the downward decline. Kevin Kolb did quite well in the games McNabb wasn't able to play due to injuries last season.

They're going to throw away the best QB in franchise history for a QB that's made 2 starts. 2 ****ing starts. Sorry, but Kevin hasn't proved a god damn thing in this league. In the playoffs last year, McNabb wasn't the problem. Andy Reid refused to run the ball, the offensive line was terrible, and so was the defense. McNabb was far from the problem.
CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
The Eagles are making such a terrible mistake by getting rid of McNabb. Reid is the problem. Not McNabb. Reid wouldn't have anything without McNabb and now the organization turns around and spits on the best QB the organization has ever had? And they wonder why they haven't one a Super Bowl. What a terrible organization-Halftime-
I agree with you. They are absolutely "loco" like craaaaaaaazy to get rid of McNabb. Both are terrible organizations like there's no way McNabb will actually sign an extension with the Raiders even if he is traded there
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
[QUOTE="Buck_Hotep"]

[QUOTE="-Halftime-"]The Eagles are making such a terrible mistake by getting rid of McNabb. Reid is the problem. Not McNabb. Reid wouldn't have anything without McNabb and now the organization turns around and spits on the best QB the organization has ever had? And they wonder why they haven't one a Super Bowl. What a terrible organization-Halftime-

They're going to throw away the best QB in franchise history for a QB that's made 2 starts. 2 ****ing starts. Sorry, but Kevin hasn't proved a god damn thing in this league. In the playoffs last year, McNabb wasn't the problem. Andy Reid refused to run the ball, the offensive line was terrible, and so was the defense. McNabb was far from the problem.

I love you -Halftime- lol. I'm a die-hard Minnesota Vikings fan and I like the Eagles too but if they let go of McNabb they will never smell a Super Bowl let alone a NFC Championship game for a very long time. You took the words right out of my mouth.
HurricaneHugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 HurricaneHugo
Member since 2002 • 40807 Posts
McNabb had a good year last year....not sure why the Eagles want to get rid of him so bad...
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
Mcnabb gets blamed for what he does in the playoff but when you have to throw the ball 80 times a game your bound to make mistakes. The eagles Have Mike Bell and Lesean Mccoy i doubt Reid will run more then 5 times a game this season. I mean i would like to see what Kolb does as a starter for more then just 2 games but all Mcnabb needs is that #1 guy he needs a TO again. Instead of trading Mcnabb they should try to get Marshall. a Marshall/Jackson/Maclin Combo is what Mcnabb has been looking for and needing since he came into this league
monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#9 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Good, get out of Philly, McNabb. Those fans don't deserve you.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
This is the way I look at it. McNabb is still a good QB. He could at least get the Eagles to the playoffs. But I highly doubt he can get the to the Super Bowl if he has to face teams like the Saints, Cowboys, and Vikings. The Eagles defense also isn't good enough right now to carry the team either. So why not trade McNabb while he still has value. They could have two Top 42 picks and three in the Top 60. With these picks they could potentially get good defensive starters. If McNabb stayed this year I think is kind of risky. At the end of the season he'll be a free agent. The Eagles will not resign him. So basically they're letting there best player go away for no compensation. This draft is stacked and they could find some good talent. Even if they did resign him, he's injury prone, if he has a season ending injury it would be really bad for his value. So his trade value would slip from a 1st-2nd round pick to a 5,6, 7th rounder. Kolb has been waiting for three years, so he knows the offense and is ready to start. The Eagles may not make the playoffs the first year with Kolb, but thats ok. He'll gain starting experience and the rookies from the draft will start to produce to. So they can make a run in 2011.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fastr
Member since 2010 • 2100 Posts
This is the way I look at it. McNabb is still a good QB. He could at least get the Eagles to the playoffs. But I highly doubt he can get the to the Super Bowl if he has to face teams like the Saints, Cowboys, and Vikings. The Eagles defense also isn't good enough right now to carry the team either. So why not trade McNabb while he still has value. They could have two Top 42 picks and three in the Top 60. With these picks they could potentially get good defensive starters. If McNabb stayed this year I think is kind of risky. At the end of the season he'll be a free agent. The Eagles will not resign him. So basically they're letting there best player go away for no compensation. This draft is stacked and they could find some good talent. Even if they did resign him, he's injury prone, if he has a season ending injury it would be really bad for his value. So his trade value would slip from a 1st-2nd round pick to a 5,6, 7th rounder. Kolb has been waiting for three years, so he knows the offense and is ready to start. The Eagles may not make the playoffs the first year with Kolb, but thats ok. He'll gain starting experience and the rookies from the draft will start to produce to. So they can make a run in 2011.LoseEagles1245
You beat me too it, first off, Mcnabb is overrated. He's just not that good, and the Eagles really don't have a chance of winning the superbowl next year, and he only has a year left. Trading him now is a smart move. Like loseeagle said, they may not make the playoffs this year because of it, but it seems they're entering more of a rebuilding mode right now, doesn't letting westbrook go make more sense now? You really should be asking what the Raiders are thinking, they're not gonna go anywhere with him in a year, and he won't resign, so whats the point? they need those picks alot more then they need a 1 year overrated QB. Then again we're use to seeing the raiders do stupid things. Only problem with this is forget using vincent jackson again this year for Fantasy Football.. damnit
MarcusAntonius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarcusAntonius
Member since 2004 • 15667 Posts

McNabb would be a terrible fit for the Raiders. Seven step drops for a beat-up 34 year old QB behind a garbage offensive line and throwing to very green receivers, not going to work.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

In a passing league, after P.Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, who's the next best QBs out there. McNabb is one of the most underated and under appreciated QBs. He's been booed since he got drafted and the Eageles failed to surround him with players. They're starting now, but it's too late and now they want to get rid of him as if he's the problem? He won't go to the Raiders---he's got the final say doesn' t he?

MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

even if they get mcnabb that still wont make them a better team offensively he's way past his prime......and i dont get why all philly sports team trade away all their good players or let them go.

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fastr

In a passing league, after P.Manning, Brady, Brees, Rivers, who's the next best QBs out there. McNabb is one of the most underated and under appreciated QBs. He's been booed since he got drafted and the Eageles failed to surround him with players. They're starting now, but it's too late and now they want to get rid of him as if he's the problem? He won't go to the Raiders---he's got the final say doesn' t he?

feryl06
Add to your four Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, and even Bret Favre as QBs definitely better then McNabb. Also consider you could argue that Tony Romo and Kurt Warner are better. There are probably some others too, but can't think of them all, so he's about a mid level Qb.. but for the raiders he's replacing possible the worst qb int he league, so still a step up for them but for one season where they have no chance of winning. I don't believe he has a no trade clause, he's stuck going where ever they say, at least I haven't heard any reports mention it, I know he ASKED to be sent to a winning team if he is traded.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Just retire McNabb and go out on a high note, relatively speaking. Go to the Raiders and by the end of December you and Jeff Garcia are gonna be drinking buddies.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 feryl06
I'd debate Rodgers since he hasn't taken his team deep into the playoffs... Favre is great, but at this stage of the game, I'd take McNabb over Favre. Minnesota would do the same, but they know Favre is coming back and entertaining any ideas of getting McNabb would only hurt Favre's ego---something Minnesota doesn't want to get into. Warner, yes, but he's retired so you can't count him. Big Ben is also better than McNabb. So overall, McNabb is top 10---that's not even close to 'mid level QB'. Again, he's under rated. I don't understand why people can't appreciate what he's done for Philly.
[QUOTE="feryl06"]

fastr
Add to your four Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, and even Bret Favre as QBs definitely better then McNabb. Also consider you could argue that Tony Romo and Kurt Warner are better. There are probably some others too, but can't think of them all, so he's about a mid level Qb.. but for the raiders he's replacing possible the worst qb int he league, so still a step up for them but for one season where they have no chance of winning. I don't believe he has a no trade clause, he's stuck going where ever they say, at least I haven't heard any reports mention it, I know he ASKED to be sent to a winning team if he is traded.

feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 feryl06
I think he's made it public he won't sign an extension with a team that he doesn't want to get traded to. So if the Raiders want a one year QB and trade some high draft picks, then the Raiders are dumber than we thought.
[QUOTE="feryl06"]

fastr

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fastr
[QUOTE="feryl06"]I'd debate Rodgers since he hasn't taken his team deep into the playoffs... Favre is great, but at this stage of the game, I'd take McNabb over Favre. Minnesota would do the same, but they know Favre is coming back and entertaining any ideas of getting McNabb would only hurt Favre's ego---something Minnesota doesn't want to get into. Warner, yes, but he's retired so you can't count him. Big Ben is also better than McNabb. So overall, McNabb is top 10---that's not even close to 'mid level QB'. Again, he's under rated. I don't understand why people can't appreciate what he's done for Philly.
[QUOTE="feryl06"]

fastr

Rodgers is hands down a better QB then McNabb, no doubt in my mind, and he's still early in his career. He may be top 10, but he's out of the conversation of the better Qbs in the league, and he may be a little better then some mid range guys, but he's still in that mid range. It's just a large group of QBS that happen to be mid level.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

If McNabb does leave, Kolb will be a huge sleeper for fantasy football. Speaking of which, I saw replica McNabb jerseys at a Macy's in Philly for $10.

Cuddlebearz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cuddlebearz
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Nah we dont need um we got Jamarcus Russell hahahahahahahhaha

M_1_A_M_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 M_1_A_M_I
Member since 2010 • 938 Posts
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="Buck_Hotep"]

I agree with what your saying about kolb 2 games doesn't prove someone can start like when ryan leaf played in his first game he was amazing, the next game he was terrible. Plus the eagles suffering from injuries on the o line last year, and their run game was far from dominant, 22nd in the league in rush yards... Plus their defense only ranked 12th in the league. But their pass offense was 10th in the nfl.
CADMAN_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#23 CADMAN_3
Member since 2003 • 1189 Posts

So "if" McNabb goes do they start Vick or Kolb? I really would hate to see McNabb go to another team and just finish on a low note. I think Andy has just gotten softer in his years and really hasn't done much with the team or the play book. He's not taking chance's like he did before. IE onside kicks for the opening kick off. Fake field goal attempts. Using 3 running backs. When he did the trick plays once in awhile they won games.

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 QuistisTrepe_
Member since 2010 • 4121 Posts
[QUOTE="fastr"] Rodgers is hands down a better QB then McNabb, no doubt in my mind, and he's still early in his career.

Perhaps he ought to win a playoff game first to better solidify such a strident proclamation.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fastr
[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"][QUOTE="fastr"] Rodgers is hands down a better QB then McNabb, no doubt in my mind, and he's still early in his career.

Perhaps he ought to win a playoff game first to better solidify such a strident proclamation.

Nah, really, he's better, no question. I actually watch games, and can say I truely believe that from watching them perform. He hasn't won a playoff game yet, alot of that is because of the team around him.
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 QuistisTrepe_
[QUOTE="fastr"][QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"][QUOTE="fastr"] Rodgers is hands down a better QB then McNabb, no doubt in my mind, and he's still early in his career.

Nah, really, he's better, no question. I actually watch games, and can say I truely believe that from watching them perform. He hasn't won a playoff game yet, alot of that is because of the team around him.

So you assert that I don't watch the games:? Um, ok. As far as the "team around him" bit, you make me honestly question whether you do watch the games or not. I've seen Donovan McNabb play in five NFC title games and a SB with only one Pro Bowl receiver in his entire career. If Aaron Rodgers can make it to the NFC conference championship game with starting wideouts like Todd Pinkston and James Thrash, then I'll be impressed with him.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 fastr
Give him time, he's played a full what, two years? From the first couple times I saw him take the team, when Favre came out for injury, he showed huge potential. Now he's one of the best starting QB's in the league, look at his stats. Sure greenbay started off good last night, then they tanked, his offensive line just can't stop the rush, that would hurt any QB
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
What happened to Vick? Why wouldn't he start?
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50604 Posts

So "if" McNabb goes do they start Vick or Kolb? I really would hate to see McNabb go to another team and just finish on a low note. I think Andy has just gotten softer in his years and really hasn't done much with the team or the play book. He's not taking chance's like he did before. IE onside kicks for the opening kick off. Fake field goal attempts. Using 3 running backs. When he did the trick plays once in awhile they won games.

CADMAN_3
Kolb, it's a no-brainer. And McNabb has told Philly he doesn't want to be traded to the Raiders, although he doesn't have a no trade clause.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Chutebox
What happened to Vick? Why wouldn't he start?Apostle92627
No, he is average at best.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Chutebox

[QUOTE="fastr"][QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"] Perhaps he ought to win a playoff game first to better solidify such a strident proclamation.QuistisTrepe_

So you assert that I don't watch the games:? Um, ok. As far as the "team around him" bit, you make me honestly question whether you do watch the games or not. I've seen Donovan McNabb play in five NFC title games and a SB with only one Pro Bowl receiver in his entire career. If Aaron Rodgers can make it to the NFC conference championship game with starting wideouts like Todd Pinkston and James Thrash, then I'll be impressed with him.

What about his O-line and running game? Or the Eagles defense over the years?

QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QuistisTrepe_

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"][QUOTE="fastr"] Nah, really, he's better, no question. I actually watch games, and can say I truely believe that from watching them perform. He hasn't won a playoff game yet, alot of that is because of the team around him. Chutebox

Yeah, what about them?
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Halftime-

[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"][QUOTE="fastr"] Nah, really, he's better, no question. I actually watch games, and can say I truely believe that from watching them perform. He hasn't won a playoff game yet, alot of that is because of the team around him. Chutebox

Running game? :lol: Andy Reid's fat ass hasn't run the ball since the Duce Staley/Buckhalter/Westbrook days in like 2003. The eagles with a running game:lol:
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 fastr
so, i'm not gonna put all the numbers in here, but I think Rodgers literally is better then McNabb in EVERY stat, he's more accurate, more yards per cetch, more TDs, Less interceptions, hell of a lot more completions, higher avg QB rating (actually, he's number ONE for the whole league) The only stat that Rodgers looks bad for is sacks, he's actually tied with Big Ben for 50, most in the league. Which goes to my point that his O-line can't stop the rush, and he doesn't have the kind of running game that McNabb has had behind him for years now, he has grant sure, but thats not as good as McNabb has had behind him. So with less of an offense around him, he puts up better stats.. Sooo any reason why anyone would consider McNabb better?
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Halftime-
so, i'm not gonna put all the numbers in here, but I think Rodgers literally is better then McNabb in EVERY stat, he's more accurate, more yards per cetch, more TDs, Less interceptions, hell of a lot more completions, higher avg QB rating (actually, he's number ONE for the whole league) The only stat that Rodgers looks bad for is sacks, he's actually tied with Big Ben for 50, most in the league. Which goes to my point that his O-line can't stop the rush, and he doesn't have the kind of running game that McNabb has had behind him for years now, he has grant sure, but thats not as good as McNabb has had behind him. So with less of an offense around him, he puts up better stats.. Sooo any reason why anyone would consider McNabb better?fastr
The Eagles have had one of the worst running games in the NFL for the past 5 years.... Get the hell out of here with that BS. McNabb has no run game.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 fastr
Really? what kinda BS is that, they have had Westbrook, he's such a dynamic player, weather he's running the ball or catching it, he was someone you had to worry about coming out of the back field, of course.. westbrook really slowed down this past year, he's really starting to show ware, so that has significantly hurt their running game. For the 2009 season, Greenbay did actually have more yards total, by about 200, pretty darn close tho. 2008 season, Greenbay had about 100 more. 2007 season, eagles had about 400 more yards. 2006 season, eagles had about 300 more yards. So yeah, even if they had one of the worst running games in the nfl for the past 5 years, Greenbays has been worse. Guess what the turn around was for the 09 and 08 season? They had a better QB throwing the ball, openning up some space!
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 QuistisTrepe_
Sooo any reason why anyone would consider McNabb better?fastr
Those reasons have already been stated, next?
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fastr
and yet no reason has been stated for why McNabb is better, and no one has disputed those reasons, so why are you asking me for next? McNabb has never broke 4k yards in a season, Rodgers has done it in both his.. shrugs, theres your next, :P
QuistisTrepe_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuistisTrepe_
and yet no reason has been stated for why McNabb is better, and no one has disputed those reasons, so why are you asking me for next? McNabb has never broke 4k yards in a season, Rodgers has done it in both his.. shrugs, theres your next, :P fastr
Two full seasons of Rodgers and you're convinced that he's better than McNabb? I'm starting to honestly believe that this is an April Fool's put-on.
fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fastr
[QUOTE="fastr"]and yet no reason has been stated for why McNabb is better, and no one has disputed those reasons, so why are you asking me for next? McNabb has never broke 4k yards in a season, Rodgers has done it in both his.. shrugs, theres your next, :P QuistisTrepe_
Two full seasons of Rodgers and you're convinced that he's better than McNabb? I'm starting to honestly believe that this is an April Fool's put-on.

and again.. any reason he isn't? nope, you can't say one reason? whos putting the april fools prank on, he's clearly better.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 -Halftime-
[QUOTE="fastr"]and yet no reason has been stated for why McNabb is better, and no one has disputed those reasons, so why are you asking me for next? McNabb has never broke 4k yards in a season, Rodgers has done it in both his.. shrugs, theres your next, :P QuistisTrepe_
I'm starting to honestly believe that this is an April Fool's put-on.

Mos def.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 feryl06
So based off stats alone, you must think Rodgers is better than Tom Brady? Greenbay is a pure passing team, of course he'll put up crazy numbers like that---it's the winning part that matters the most. It helps when you're facing Detroit twice a year. I'll give Rodgers a few more years and see where his team goes until I can say he's better than McNabb. Rodgers gets sacked a lot cause he holds on to the ball too long as well, that and his o-line isn't great.
[QUOTE="QuistisTrepe_"][QUOTE="fastr"]and yet no reason has been stated for why McNabb is better, and no one has disputed those reasons, so why are you asking me for next? McNabb has never broke 4k yards in a season, Rodgers has done it in both his.. shrugs, theres your next, :P fastr

and again.. any reason he isn't? nope, you can't say one reason? whos putting the april fools prank on, he's clearly better.

fastr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fastr
No, i'm using stats to prove to you, I know he's better from watching them both play. Don't forget, it's not hard to be better then McNabb, he's extremely overrated by people like you.
-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 -Halftime-
No, i'm using stats to prove to you, I know he's better from watching them both play. Don't forget, it's not hard to be better then McNabb, he's extremely overrated by people like you. fastr
Yeah, a player with over 200 TD passes, playoff success, and the best TD to INT ration in history is sure overrated.
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 feryl06
He's probably one of those people who booed McNabb when he got drafted. That and he's got Rodgers on his fantasy draft. :)
[QUOTE="fastr"]No, i'm using stats to prove to you, I know he's better from watching them both play. Don't forget, it's not hard to be better then McNabb, he's extremely overrated by people like you. -Halftime-
Yeah, a player with over 200 TD passes, playoff success, and the best TD to INT ration in history is sure overrated.