Now I love A-Rod.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nateiskewl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 nateiskewl
Member since 2005 • 203 Posts

Ahhh....I was just listening to the Yankees vs. Orioles ballgame on internet radio. Bottom of the ninth, 2 outs bases loaded, 2 strikes. A-Rod is up. And what does he do? He hits a walk off grand slam to straight away center field.

Anyone else see/listen to it?

nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#2 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
I saw it :)
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.
SuperVegeta518

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperVegeta518
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
He produced a run to tie one game when he stole second and hits a walk off grand slam in this game. So about a week till he starts to get booed again?
twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Good for him.
Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.UssjTrunks

Yeah I know, how dumb. 

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.UssjTrunks

Sad but true. 

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts

So about a week till he starts to get booed again?SuperVegeta518

Probably :(

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

Ahhh....I was just listening to the Yankees vs. Orioles ballgame on internet radio. Bottom of the ninth, 2 outs bases loaded, 2 strikes. A-Rod is up. And what does he do? He hits a walk off grand slam to straight away center field.

Anyone else see/listen to it?

nateiskewl
wow you a flip flopper
StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

Just saw it on Sportscenter he finally came through that's 3 homers on the season

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.Espurs117

Yeah I know, how dumb. 

Yeah people expect him to be a super human but for a normal human team it might just be hard to make a Rotain pop fly or ground ball hit on a major league baseball Diamond and hit by a pro.
GerrywithaG15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GerrywithaG15
Member since 2007 • 999 Posts
saw it... gotta hate the yanks
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#13 Robbie_IV
Member since 2003 • 23299 Posts
He did this last year..... Hell, he does this every year. Sooner or later he'll screw up and start publicly pondering why people are turning on him again. He can't win, and he brings it on himself with his antics.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NetYankEagle
He did this last year..... Hell, he does this every year. Sooner or later he'll screw up and start publicly pondering why people are turning on him again. He can't win, and he brings it on himself with his antics.Robbie_IV
he did thi slast year? He hit one walk off last year and that wasnt even a grand slam walk off and this is only 4 games into the season still more to come
Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Robbie_IV
[QUOTE="Robbie_IV"]He did this last year..... Hell, he does this every year. Sooner or later he'll screw up and start publicly pondering why people are turning on him again. He can't win, and he brings it on himself with his antics.NetYankEagle
he did thi slast year? He hit one walk off last year and that wasnt even a grand slam walk off and this is only 4 games into the season still more to come

He hit grand slams last year. He made a curtain call when they played the Mets at Yankee Stadium, and that was long before they turned on him again. The first week of the season is a bad time to predict where A-Rod will be on the last week of the season.
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
I am a HUGE NY Yankees fan and it angers me that people don't like A-Rod unless he has a big game. He has always been great. He just needs to produce in the playoffs before he is officially a real NY Yankee.
Rhazakna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rhazakna
Member since 2004 • 11022 Posts
If Sawx fans can claim Matsuzaka's supremacy after one great game against the Royals of all teams, then I think it's perfectly reasonable for Yankee fans to say that A-Rod has become cutch
JDW_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JDW_games
Member since 2006 • 1892 Posts
If Sawx fans can claim Matsuzaka's supremacy after one great game against the Royals of all teams, then I think it's perfectly reasonable for Yankee fans to say that A-Rod has become cutchRhazakna
Where did you find your Yankees avatar? Been looking for some good ones.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
[QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.StarFoxCOM

Yeah I know, how dumb. 

Yeah people expect him to be a super human but for a normal human team it might just be hard to make a Rotain pop fly or ground ball hit on a major league baseball Diamond and hit by a pro.

For $250 million the guy better be superhuman. You sign a contract like that and you are going to be expected to make every play that matters. I feel for the guy but thats what happens when you a) make a silly amount of money like that and b) play in NY. I mean no one else in Baseball has a contract that even remotely compares to A-Rods, so he better be superhuman.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"][QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.pundog

Yeah I know, how dumb.

For $250 million the guy better be superhuman. You sign a contract like that and you are going to be expected to make every play that matters. I feel for the guy but thats what happens when you a) make a silly amount of money like that and b) play in NY. I mean no one else in Baseball has a contract that even remotely compares to A-Rods, so he better be superhuman.

and your an idiot along with the other yankee flip flopper fans to expect this guy so have 600 HR per season
nygiants1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 nygiants1080
Member since 2004 • 9413 Posts
Im a Yankees fan I like A-Rod. He is one of the best players in the MLB and he may make mistakes but what human doesn't? One of my favorite Yanks.
mvphalo8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 mvphalo8
Member since 2005 • 10748 Posts

It's just April.

It's in October where he will be tested when he goes 1-15 in a series.

Robbie_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Robbie_IV
If Sawx fans can claim Matsuzaka's supremacy after one great game against the Royals of all teams, then I think it's perfectly reasonable for Yankee fans to say that A-Rod has become cutchRhazakna
A-Rod has been in the majors an awful lot longer than Matsuzaka has.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
[QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"][QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.pundog

Yeah I know, how dumb. 

When your team has the best payroll in baseball you shouldn't care.
ravensfan5252

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ravensfan5252
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
I hate the Yankee's so freaking much.  At least the O's won the series 2-1 though...
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

No joke!!! They were talking on ESPN Radio how people keep looking at
A-Rod on a game-by-game basis when they shouldn't! I totally agree
because he is going to have good games and bad but the dudes a stud!
Plus, he can't make anyone happy until they get into the playoffs so
what's the point of checking his game now?!?! He's an amazing
ballplayer that needs to step up for the Yanks in the post season. So,
until the post season arrives... nobody can really talk smack on the
guy because he is going to put up VERY solid regular season stats. End
of story!

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"][QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.UssjTrunks

Yeah I know, how dumb.

The Truth
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="StarFoxCOM"][QUOTE="Espurs117"]

[QUOTE="UssjTrunks"]But tomorrow, when he makes a fielding error everyone will start booing him again.UssjTrunks

Yeah I know, how dumb. 

When they could have had any 2 other players in the league for that money they should. This is why baseball needs a salary cap.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Master_Live
He has another one. A-Rod is on FIREEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!...
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
5 homers in 6 games. Sit back and enjoy folks, he's just getting started!
Avatar image for -_-CLF-_-Flakey
-_-CLF-_-Flakey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -_-CLF-_-Flakey
Member since 2007 • 510 Posts
I bet you booed him last year..... this is why i hate yankee fans
viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts
[QUOTE="-_-CLF-_-Flakey"]I bet you booed him last year..... this is why i hate yankee fans

I lived in Boston last year, would have killed to have gotten a chance to go to Yankee stadium for a game. And if I did, I wouldn't have booed anyone. Not every Yankee fan is an impatient idiot that screams at WFAN every day and doesn't appreciate their team, even when things don't work out. And the fact that everyone else assumes so is why I hate Yankee haters :P
videogamer456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 videogamer456
Member since 2005 • 13282 Posts
It is true and A-rod does not seem to be able to handle the pressure of NY and playing second fiddle to Jeter. I watched that Grand Slam against the O's and how excited he got. He was hesitant to take a curtain call until Jeter pushed him out. A-Rod is probably going to try and opt out of his contract (which I think he will be able to after this season, If I heard correctly on our local NY sports stations) and follow his boyfriend, I mean mentor Lou Pinella to Chicago. He just cannot handle the pressure of NY, or New Yorkers cannot except him being a handsome, multi-racial man, as he said to a reporter last summer.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
lets see him do it in october
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Master_Live
He hit another one, maybe we need to think about a new word for "on Fire" because "on Fire" is running out of steam.
Saruman1719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 Saruman1719
Member since 2003 • 12466 Posts
Even as a Sox fan, I'm glad to see him doing exceptionally well, and for the time being, being treated right by New York fans.  The guy has been abused enough.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Master_Live

Even as a Sox fan, I'm glad to see him doing exceptionally well, and for the time being, being treated right by New York fans. The guy has been abused enough.Saruman1719

Yeah, hopefully this honeymoon last forever...but I have a feeling it won't. 

Nene33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nene33
Member since 2007 • 7870 Posts
Everybody should show this guy some love, A-Rod is one of the best offensive baseball players ever.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

The Onion seemed to cover this issue well.  All that A-Rod and hating is sad.

como_chingas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 como_chingas
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
im a white sox fan and everyone knows how the white sox and the cubs rivalry but i do have to say i hate the yankees more then i do the cubs, which is alot. A-Rod is a good player i give u that but he just seems spoiled in a way, it seems like if he doesnt get what he wants he will throw a hissy fit until he gets what he wants. he just reminds me of a spoiled brat thats it.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NetYankEagle
im a white sox fan and everyone knows how the white sox and the cubs rivalry but i do have to say i hate the yankees more then i do the cubs, which is alot. A-Rod is a good player i give u that but he just seems spoiled in a way, it seems like if he doesnt get what he wants he will throw a hissy fit until he gets what he wants. he just reminds me of a spoiled brat thats it.como_chingas
umm wtf...
DX_HBK_HHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 DX_HBK_HHH
Member since 2006 • 1452 Posts
the topic title was misleading