NBA ROY for Next year

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tmac200913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 tmac200913
Member since 2006 • 16647 Posts

Now that tha Draft is over and we know what rookies are gonna be on what team, who do you think is gonna be tha Rookie of tha Year?

I think it will be durant

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts
its too early,, All your gonn ahear in this thread is 80% Durant or Oden and 20% of the top 10 picks
gameking39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gameking39
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
yep
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Early pick: Durant.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
Oden. Durant doesn't seem as 'NBA-ready', physically atleast.
pen_needlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pen_needlz
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
it will be durant
KabalCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KabalCage
Member since 2003 • 755 Posts

Durant was easily the best player in college last year. Since Ray Allen will be gone and potentially Rashard Lewis, Seattle has handed over its franchise to Durant. That means he should get plenty of minutes and will be a big time stat stuffer. Look for 22-27 ppg 5-7 rebounds season from him.

The only other players getting similar playing time will be Jeff Green, Greg Oden, Al Horford, Acie Law and Yi. These are the only other players I would bet on with a strong lean towards Oden and then Horford.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NetYankEagle

Durant was easily the best player in college last year. Since Ray Allen will be gone and potentially Rashard Lewis, Seattle has handed over its franchise to Durant. That means he should get plenty of minutes and will be a big time stat stuffer. Look for 22-27 ppg 5-7 rebounds season from him.

The only other players getting similar playing time will be Jeff Green, Greg Oden, Al Horford, Acie Law and Yi. These are the only other players I would bet on with a strong lean towards Oden and then Horford.

KabalCage
so your saying Durant will have a better rookie season then Lebron:| 27ppg:lol:
KabalCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KabalCage
[QUOTE="KabalCage"]

NetYankEagle

Kevin Durant is the TRUTH!

RR88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RR88
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
Oden. No question. Not only is Oden gonna put up near double double numbers in his rookie season. But Portland will make the playoffs.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="KabalCage"]

NetYankEagle

Dude, he made a VERY valid point! Plus, they were saying that Durant had one of the best workouts in Portland that anyone had ever seen! If he gets to play a lot he will totally score in the high 20's and the kid is a rebound machine (even if people think he's skinny or not)! So laugh all you want, but Durant has a very good chance at starting out in amazing fashion!

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
Durant is the safe choice...
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NetYankEagle
[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="KabalCage"]

nickdastick

Dude, he made a VERY valid point! Plus, they were saying that Durant had one of the best workouts in Portland that anyone had ever seen! If he gets to play a lot he will totally score in the high 20's and the kid is a rebound machine (even if people think he's skinny or not)! So laugh all you want, but Durant has a very good chance at starting out in amazing fashion!

what valid point? that the franchise is handed to him? I wonder is the franchise is handed to LeBRON hmmmm
yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
we didn't see anything yet but right now I think it's Durant I might chang my mind later.
KabalCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 KabalCage

Let's see... Young franchise players who were handed the scoring load.

Carmelo 21 ppg
Lebron 20.9 ppg
Elton Brand 20.1 ppg
Keith Van Horn 19.7 ppg
Allen Iverson 23.5 ppg
Grant Hill 20 ppg

**Big Dog Glenn Robinson 21.9 ppg**

These guys didn't improve their teams drastically, but they sure as hell scored a lot of points in their rookie season. Glenn Robinson is similar to Durant in the sense that they were college scoring machines. Robinson in his freshman year was a 24/9 guy and then followed up with a 30/10 year.

C'mon, Durant can shoot from anywhere and has a knack for putting the ball in the hoop. That Seattle team we'll definitely have him as the #1 option, you should expect him to attempt a lot of shots.

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts
[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="KabalCage"]

NetYankEagle

what valid point? that the franchise is handed to him? I wonder is the franchise is handed to LeBRON hmmmm

The point he was making was that Durant has mad talent and is going to be able to run the offense of the Sonics to which you seemed to laugh at the thought that he would have a better rookie season that LeBron... Your response just seemed odd especially when Durant is a straight up baller and is going to have a great opportunity to have a huge year.

Gamer556

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gamer556
Member since 2006 • 3846 Posts
I like Oden better in the long run, but Durant is going to have a more explosive rookie season.
BrokenJaws219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#18 BrokenJaws219
Member since 2005 • 990 Posts

With Allen gone, you're gonna imagine Durant will get tons of touches and possible average in the 20's.

Oden will be good but Portland does have Aldridge AND Frye to share the workload, his number won't be as good as Durant and as shown last year, for ROY, all you need it good numbers. Fact that Bargnani contributed more to his team and help them make playoff didn't matter, it's all about the avg. in the end and Durant will still grab close to 5-8 boards per game.

NYBoricua33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NYBoricua33
Member since 2007 • 200 Posts

Oden. Durant doesn't seem as 'NBA-ready', physically atleast.UssjTrunks

Neither did Iverson, um he won rookie of the year in a great draft. Oh he's also third all time in points per game.

ROY is gonna be Corey Brewer or Mike Conley.

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
Obviously it depends on the kind of minutes the rookies get, but all things equal I'd say Oden. Durant looks like he'll be a fantastic player, but he needs to bulk up first.
Ryoco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ryoco
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
Oden is going to be the better player down the road. Durant is going to win rookie of the year because he is the best scorer on his team without Allen or Lewis. Oden is a great defensive presense, that is something that won't show up on the box score.
yrag31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 yrag31
Member since 2004 • 1478 Posts

Oden might be the no. 1 this year but Durant will win the ROY award because of his offesive moves he can pull 20+ ppgand can shoot 3's while Oden can put some points but not sa many as Durant he's a good defender in the paint and still can improve on his offense...

KD is my choice...

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
[QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="KabalCage"]

nickdastick

except for the whole he can't bench 185 :lol:

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
Definitely not Durant or Oden. Oden will take 3-4 years to be ready, and Durant won't be able to handle the pressure. They will both flop (relatively speaking) their first year.
360wishlist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 360wishlist
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts
do that rant is gonna win it
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
[QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="KabalCage"]

Magna_Man109

Brandon Wright is the one who can only bench 185....

Ngamer05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ngamer05
Member since 2003 • 11577 Posts
[QUOTE="Magna_Man109"][QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="KabalCage"]

goodlay

Who cares? The only thing you lift in the NBA is a basketball and besides, Brandan is going to be a stud in the league for many years...

Mark My Words 8)

Magna_Man109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Magna_Man109
Member since 2005 • 5527 Posts
[QUOTE="Magna_Man109"][QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="KabalCage"]

goodlay

No it was Kevin Durant...

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2007/06/on_kevin_durant_and_the_bench.html

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/06/04/kevin-durant-cant-bench-185/

fax555241

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 fax555241
Member since 2007 • 4067 Posts
I think it will be Durant
KabalCage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KabalCage

Not that it really matters, but some time ago Durant and Oden faced off in the McDonald's All-American game. Guess who won MVP?

McDonald's All-American 2006 Game Recap

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
[QUOTE="goodlay"][QUOTE="Magna_Man109"][QUOTE="nickdastick"][QUOTE="NetYankEagle"][QUOTE="KabalCage"]

Ngamer05

Who cares? The only thing you lift in the NBA is a basketball and besides, Brandan is going to be a stud in the league for many years...

Mark My Words 8)

I never said he was gonna be a bad player, I think Wright will fit in well with the Warriors. However, I think the Bobcats made the right move, he wouldnt have helped the Bobcats as much as say a Jason Richardson would. Of course, as long as we keep Gerald Wallace, then the trade will have seemed pointless

nyr6830

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nyr6830
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts

Al Horford

Orlando_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Orlando_Magic
Member since 2002 • 37448 Posts
Kevin Durant since he'll be the main option in Seattle... while no other rookie will have that load.
Ghost_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 Ghost_Warrior
Member since 2003 • 9002 Posts

Oden. No question. Not only is Oden gonna put up near double double numbers in his rookie season. But Portland will make the playoffs.RR88

Maybe if they were in the eastern conference. Sure Oden is a big plus for them but they are looking to buy out Steve Francis' contract (god knows why). There lineup is going to be Jarret Jack, Brandon Roy, LeMarcus Aldridge, Travis Outlaw? and Greg Oden, a good starting lineup but can it compete with the likes of the Spurs, Suns, Mavs, and Jazz? Not all year. The Blazers are definately better but a playoff team? Not in the west.

Avatar image for 206461861543079188321160707076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 206461861543079188321160707076
Member since 2005 • 1256 Posts

nick young