NBA Predictions: Which team win the Eastern Conference? Heat, Celtics or Magic?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

So who you got? Remember, anything you say may be use months from, so be careful!

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#2 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts

So who you got? Remember, anything you say may be use months from, so be careful!

Master_Live
Like the infamous "The series is rigged, if LA wins I will purposely get banned." Then later, "I always knew LA was the better team." Classic.
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
The Heat. As much as I hate to admit it, they're probably going to be damn good.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Master_Live
[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

monkeytoes61
Like the infamous "The series is rigged, if LA wins I will purposely get banned." Then later, "I always knew LA was the better team." Classic.

You know it.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

It's between a very unbalanced Heat team or the Celtics and their aged roster

This is tough, I mean the last 3 years the Celtics have been the best team in the NBA but they only have one championship for it because they break down sometime during the season. Even in the finals the Celtics were easily the better team until the guy who's only 25 blows out a knee.

I'm going to go with the Heat because they have age and experience in their favor, not the experience of playing in the league but the experience of playing on teams where if they don't have a big night they lose.

I mean look what happened when the Celtics paired up their three with various FA's and rookies

Yeah, hard choice but it's the Heat

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts

Heat will probably get the number 1 seed but I see the Celtics representing the East again in the finals.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts

Orlando

with Nelson back and Howard who has been working with Hakeem in the offseason I see no reason why they won't come out on top

Avatar image for No_Hablo_Ingles
No_Hablo_Ingles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 No_Hablo_Ingles
Member since 2009 • 8448 Posts

Heat will probably get the number 1 seed but I see the Celtics representing the East again in the finals.

SaintBlaze
^This A team like the Heat are built for the regular season. The Celtics on the other hand are built for the post season. I expect Doc to rest his starters after the all star break and the Celtics end up with a 3-5 seed.
bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

[QUOTE="Master_Live"]

monkeytoes61

Don't forget: "Bostons gonna win this series thanks to the refs for sure. If they lose I'll give up my account" The user who said this still posts here lol. No offense to that user of course, I doubt he'll bet on his account anymore though :P

Anyways by record, Heat first, Magic 2nd, and then Boston.

But that's the regular season. Playoffs I expect Boston to make conference finals.

qwertywater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 qwertywater
Member since 2010 • 276 Posts

Boston isn't a team to care for the regular season all that much. Last year, they just hoped to get everyone healthy before coming into the playoffs and I expect them to do the same this year.

That said, I say Miami is #1 seed

rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Heat win the East.
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"][QUOTE="Master_Live"]

bobcheeseball

Don't forget: "Bostons gonna win this series thanks to the refs for sure. If they lose I'll give up my account" The user who said this still posts here lol. No offense to that user of course, I doubt he'll bet on his account anymore though :P

But that's the regular season. Playoffs I expect Boston to make conference finals.

That was MoonMarvel right? Good times, good times.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I got the Heat winning the East. Just too much talent.
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

As much as I hate to say it, the Celtics.

I think the Heat will have that "learning" season this year. I can see them winning it all next season though. They'll still be a great team this year and should make the ECF, but I just think the Celtics will outplay them.

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
[QUOTE="bobcheeseball"]

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"] Like the infamous "The series is rigged, if LA wins I will purposely get banned." Then later, "I always knew LA was the better team." Classic.NoobisMaxcimus

That was MoonMarvel right? Good times, good times.

Yea, it was him -_- i have a theory that he jynxed it for us! Anyways, no surprise but I got the Celtics coming out the East, but the Heat will have the best record.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Master_Live
I agree with the consensus, Heat get best record but Celtics come out of the East.
nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
I agree with the consensus, Heat get best record but Celtics come out of the East. Master_Live
Based on your poll results, I don't think that the Celtics winning the East is the consensus view. Edit: At time of this post, 6 votes for Heat winning the East to 4 for the Celtics.
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
The Heat win the East.
flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
Though I want to see the Heat win the East I'll give the slight edge to the C's. They've improved their frontcourt from last year by adding the two O'Neals and I'm certain they'll make another postseason run like always and as long as they stay healthy and play Celtic defense then I wouldn't see why they couldn't win the East. The Magic also have a good chance of winning the East as well but I don't see them taking out the C's.
BlazedBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BlazedBoy
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
Celtics are my team..soooo.
Major_Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Major_Snake
Member since 2007 • 5271 Posts

I'm rooting for Dwight Howard and the Magic. I'd love to see him get a championship before Lebron.

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
The Bucks.
Liltorchic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Liltorchic
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts

The Cleveland Cavaliers.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Master_Live

The Cleveland Cavaliers.

Liltorchic
Fact.
Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

The Washington Wizards. :P

But seriously, the Heat I think will get the #1 seed. I would pick the Celtics but I doubt they can stay healthy all season. If they can stay healthy at the right time I think they can go to the Finals like they did last season. The Magic can be dangerous but I'm not to sure if they can go to the finals. They will however, challenge the Heat for not only the SE divison but the conference as well.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

i don't hop on bandwagons.....so im stayn wit tha pistons

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SaintBlaze

youngmurk911

This doesn't make any sense.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 youngmurk911

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"]

SaintBlaze

it means exactly what it said, im a fan of the pistons.......i was a fan before the 04 championship, [when they was terrible] i'm a fan now.....i hope they win it, will they? its a high chance they won't, i'm not blind to that. but im not gonna hop on tha celtics bandwagon, nor the heat, not even the magic, they are better than my team....yes, i just hope for an upset......its called common sense brotha use it.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"]

youngmurk911

it means exactly what it said, im a fan of the pistons.......i was a fan before the 04 championship, [when they was terrible] i'm a fan now.....i hope they win it, will they? its a high chance they won't, i'm not blind to that. but im not gonna hop on tha celtics bandwagon, nor the heat, not even the magic, they are better than my team....yes, i just hope for an upset......its called common sense brotha use it.

That doesn't make any sense

The thread isn't who do you hope will win the East, it's who do you think will make it as in you look at the teams and say "this team has the best shot of coming out of the East"

What do you see in the Pistons to choose them?

GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

It's going to be my Bulls. I'm sure of that. People don't ever respect them, all anyone ever talks about is that dude that carries Dwayne Wade's equipment. Thank you for putting the Bulls up there.:D

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"]

youngmurk911

So you hope the Pistons win. Awesome. But that's not what the TC is asking. Who you think will win it =/= who you WANT to win it

Also: Acknowledging that a superior team will win the East doesn't make a person a bandwagoner. Common sense "brotha", use it. :|

CleanPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 CleanPlayer
Member since 2008 • 9822 Posts
I expect the Celtics to win the coference. Rivers came back for a reason.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SaintBlaze

It's going to be my Bulls. I'm sure of that. People don't ever respect them, all anyone ever talks about is that dude that carries Dwayne Wade's equipment. Thank you for putting the Bulls up there.:D

GD-1369211121

What are you talking about? Up until the Boozer injury, nearly every NBA TV and ESPN analyst had the Bulls as a top 4 team in the East.

monkeytoes61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#34 monkeytoes61
Member since 2005 • 8399 Posts
Are people ignoring the Heat because they hate Lebron or something? I don't know a ton about Basketball, but a Wade James Bosh seems pretty unstoppable.
mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

Probably the Celtics. But I really don't wanna see another Celtics/Lakers final. Seen it before and know how it will go....hard faught, defensive, low scoring, ugly basketball, no matter who wins. I'd rather see the Lakers and whoever in the finals.

SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SaintBlaze

Are people ignoring the Heat because they hate Lebron or something? I don't know a ton about Basketball, but a Wade James Bosh seems pretty unstoppable. monkeytoes61

Who's ignoring the Heat? Most people here are saying they'll get the #1 seed, and that it'll probably be them or the Celtics representing the East in the Finals. How's that "ignoring" them?

mont13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mont13
Member since 2006 • 1468 Posts

Definitely not ignoring the Heat, just think the front line size of the Celtics and Magic will be a problem for them. Despite having Wade, James and Bosh only one of them can have the ball at one time. Boston could care less about their outside shooting, they will be trying to stop penetration, and they are very good at that. All this is barring injury, of course.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts

Are people ignoring the Heat because they hate Lebron or something? I don't know a ton about Basketball, but a Wade James Bosh seems pretty unstoppable. monkeytoes61

I remember people saying the same thing about Kobe/Shaq/Malone/Payton and that combination won nothing. Something that looks great on paper doesn't always translate to the court.

(I think the Heat will win multiple titles, but they're definitely not a lock for this year)

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 flowersjf

[QUOTE="monkeytoes61"]Are people ignoring the Heat because they hate Lebron or something? I don't know a ton about Basketball, but a Wade James Bosh seems pretty unstoppable. SaintBlaze

Who's ignoring the Heat? Most people here are saying they'll get the #1 seed, and that it'll probably be them or the Celtics representing the East in the Finals. How's that "ignoring" them?

That explains a lot.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 youngmurk911

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"]

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

SaintBlaze

So you hope the Pistons win. Awesome. But that's not what the TC is asking. Who you think will win it =/= who you WANT to win it

Also: Acknowledging that a superior team will win the East doesn't make a person a bandwagoner. Common sense "brotha", use it. :|

i never said that was being a "bandwagoner" since tha question asked who will win? THE HEAT THEN [is that what u wanna hear?]......which i read pretty clearly, then the selections of the poll, which clearly says OTHERS SPECIFY......I SELECTED MY OTHER AND SPECIFIED WAY......so like i said, u can take back that common sense brotha....
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SaintBlaze

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"]

youngmurk911

i never said that was being a "bandwagoner" since tha question asked who will win? THE HEAT THEN [is that what u wanna hear?]......which i read pretty clearly, then the selections of the poll, which clearly says OTHERS SPECIFY......I SELECTED MY OTHER AND SPECIFIED WAY......so like i said, u can take back that common sense brotha....

...you just flip-flopped entirely from the premise of your very first post. :|

I'm just going to end this little debate right now because it's clear that you're a little lost. You can have the last word though. ;)

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 flowersjf

[QUOTE="SaintBlaze"]

[QUOTE="youngmurk911"]

youngmurk911

fudger2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 fudger2
Member since 2004 • 2315 Posts

I think its heat or magic.

The Heats one weakness is inside defense, and with Dwight Howard doing all that extra offseason work he can do wonders.

Bosh cant guard Howard, and Illgauskas will do better but still cant guard Howard, So if Howard can control the paint (like i think he will, with ease) the magic can definitely beat the heat