NBA League Offices Review the Final Play of game 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Just_Osmo
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts

I just heard in the Celtics game the League office has reviewed the final play and announced that the last play should have been called a 2 shot foul.

Pretty much the end of this argument.

No Link ATM, can't find one. but they talked about it a few times so far in the Celtics Pistons game.

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

that's nice. It doesn't matter, the refs have been pretty bad these whole playoffs. Fisher's shot hit the rim on with 5.6 secs left, and the Lakers should've won there.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Just_Osmo

that's nice. It doesn't matter, the refs have been pretty bad these whole playoffs. Fisher's shot hit the rim on with 5.6 secs left, and the Lakers should've won there.

skullkrusher13

I didnt know you automatically win if you have 5.6 seconds left with an inbounds coming in with a full shot clock. new NBA rule?

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 andyboiii
Member since 2006 • 13628 Posts
[QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

Just_Osmo

I didnt know you automatically win if you have 5.6 seconds left with an inbounds coming in with a full shot clock. new NBA rule?

Lakers would have got 2 FT's if the clock reset and most likely lakers would have went up by 4, therefore even if they made a 3 it wouldn't have mattered

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts

skullkrusher13

^^^

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

andyboiii

Lakers would have got 2 FT's if the clock reset and most likely lakers would have went up by 4, therefore even if they made a 3 it wouldn't have mattered

Spurs steal the inbound or force a 5 second violation. Changes hands. Therres to many variables in the "24 second reset" argument. The Fouls on barry has no variables. Down by 2 fisher fouled him he gets 2 shots and has a chance to tie it. No variables there.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 andyboiii
[QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

-Halftime-

^^^

/thread

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="-Halftime-"][QUOTE="skullkrusher13"]

andyboiii

^^^

/thread

How is that the thread? I never said the spurs should have won, I dont even want them to win. But I would liek the refs to run the game with consistancy. This thread isnt about that ball missing the rim, ti is about the NBA announcing it WAS a foul.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Yep, it was a foul. The referees will be the NBA cause of death.
fartgorilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fartgorilla
Member since 2005 • 785 Posts
No, dude, absolutely not. That's sports. It happens all the time. And all the no calls that came before are just as relevant. If you're going to argue that they should ref the game consistently up to the last second, then it's hypocritical to say one missed call had a greater impact on the outcome than another. Barry made a bad play. He should have gone in to Fisher and sold the foul or made the three. Would you be moaning if they had called the foul before the shot and he made the three? What if he missed a free throw?
Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Correyov31
Member since 2005 • 358 Posts
The Spurs didn't lose the game on that one play. They know it and that is why they arent complaining. It was a no call like all the no calls in the game. Isn't anything new. Are you going to tell me that Kobe Bryant doesn't attempt any free throws and took 29 shots? You can't rely on the refs to win you the game. And the chances the inbounds pass got stolen are about as great as Brent Barry missing the free throws he would have gotten.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#12 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It was a really bad call imo, especially with how the game was called up until that point.

The refs have to be consistant imo.

Feel sorry for the spurs a little, although i still think The Spurs will be able to force a game 7.

I want the lakers to win, but if the play was switched and Tony Parker hit Kobe or Sasha on a 3 pointer like that, you Lakers fans would be screaming and moaning i can guarentee. Your kidding yourself if you dont think youd be pissed off as hell if Kobe got hit like that.

Think about it... Kobe shooting a shot just like Barry did, and Bowen or Ginolbi doing what fisher did to Barry, yall would be pissed off i bet.

Espurs117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Espurs117
Member since 2005 • 22817 Posts

Jack Nicholson paid Crawford.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Correyov31

It was a really bad call imo, especially with how the game was called up until that point.

Feel sorry for the spurs a little, although i still think The Spurs will be able to force a game 7.

I want the lakers to win, but if the play was switched and Tony Parker hit Kobe or Sasha on a 3 pointer like that, you Lakers fans would be screaming and moaning i can guarentee. Your kidding yourself if you dont think youd be pissed off as hell if Kobe got hit like that.

Think about it... Kobe shooting a shot just like Barry did, and Bowen or Ginolbi doing what fisher did to Barry, yall would be pissed off i bet.

kozzy1234

You are missing the point. No one is saying they don't have a right to be mad. But it was a no call. It isn't the first time it has happened and wont be the last. Remeber game six of the 1998 finals when Jordan pushed off of Russel. It happens. The main thing is you can't rely on the refs to bail you out of the game. You have to play your best for 48 minutes and not worry about the officiating.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

Correyov31

You are missing the point. No one is saying they don't have a right to be mad. But it was a no call. It isn't the first time it has happened and wont be the last. Remeber game six of the 1998 finals when Jordan pushed off of Russel. It happens. The main thing is you can't rely on the refs to bail you out of the game. You have to play your best for 48 minutes and not worry about the officiating.

Wow.. i cant belive you just compared those two times.. i totally disagree as they are two totally differnt plays. That play with MJ wasnt a foul IMO and the no call on fisher was completly terrible imo.

And i know as much as i would hate to admit it if it happened to my pacers, after awhile i would admit, yes im a little biased because im a die hard fan of the pacers. It should have been a foul no question about it, and it if was a SUPERSTAR player like Kobe, Wade, Lebron or Peirce i think they would have called a foul. (Ive seen tons of late game plays called a foul, especially if its a big name player shooting. Just seems like the players that arnt superstarrs dont get the same calls)

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 andyboiii

^ Kozzy you're telling me Jordan didn't push off with his left hand?

watch that again and tell me he didn't push off, even jordan fans admit it was a good push off. like it was said before can't rely on the refs to bail you out in the end

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Ra9ni9_C7A

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Correyov31
[QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

kozzy1234

Wow.. i cant belive you just compared those two times.. i totally disagree as they are two totally differnt plays. That play with MJ wasnt a foul IMO and the no call on fisher was completly terrible imo.

And i know as much as i would hate to admit it if it happened to my pacers, after awhile i would admit, yes im a little biased because im a die hard fan of the pacers. It should have been a foul no question about it, and it if was a SUPERSTAR player like Kobe, Wade, Lebron or Peirce i think they would have called a foul. (Ive seen tons of late game plays called a foul)

If the Jordan foul which was a push off (Offensive Foul) is called the shot doesn't count. It was a foul but just a no call. Barry made the mistake that you see tons of players make. When a player leaves their feet you need to jump into them. This almost always garauntees that you will get the foul in the act of shooting. And the officiating was terrible throughout the whole game. But no calls will always happen. That is why you cant depend on the ref to blow the whistle.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Correyov31

watch that again and tell me he didn't push off, even jordan fans admit it was a good push off. like it was said before can't rely on the refs to bail you out in the end

andyboiii

Thanks for the video. That is a textbook offensive foul but it is up to the refs if they want to call it or not. In the Spurs case they even realize that "that foul wasn't where the game was lost." Refs don't want to be the deciding factor in games.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="andyboiii"]

Correyov31

Thanks for the video. That is a textbook offensive foul but it is up to the refs if they want to call it or not. In the Spurs case they even realize that "that foul wasn't where the game was lost." Refs don't want to be the deciding factor in games.

Thats why they are there. They are there to be the factor that prevents peopel from fouling all they want. If no calls are going to be how thefinals seconds are played out then whynot change the rules for the final 2 minutes. Because as it is now no player knows what will be called and what wont be called int he finals 2 minutes.

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts

Jack Nicholson paid Crawford.

Espurs117

:lol: I bet

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Correyov31
[QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

Just_Osmo

Thats why they are there. They are there to be the factor that prevents peopel from fouling all they want. If no calls are going to be how thefinals seconds are played out then whynot change the rules for the final 2 minutes. Because as it is now no player knows what will be called and what wont be called int he finals 2 minutes.

Actually they have changed the rules for these types of instances. Haven't you ever heard of the hack a shaq rule? What I was trying to say is that the refs don't want to be the deciding factor in the winning or losing of the game. That is up to the players.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

Correyov31

Actually they have changed the rules for these types of instances. Haven't you ever heard of the hack a shaq rule? What I was trying to say is that the refs don't want to be the deciding factor in the winning or losing of the game. That is up to the players.

Hack a Shaq rule has nothing to do with what I said. All thatrule does is prevent players from just fouling the same player on every posesion when they dont have the ball on purpose. That has nothing to do with the way they dont call fouls the same in the final minutes as they did the entire game.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Correyov31
[QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

Just_Osmo

Hack a Shaq rule has nothing to do with what I said. All thatrule does is prevent players from just fouling the same player on every posesion when they dont have the ball on purpose. That has nothing to do with the way they dont call fouls the same in the final minutes as they did the entire game.

Yes it does b/c that rule only takes effect in the last 2 minutes. Up until 2:01 you can foul all you want without having to give up free throws and possesion.

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

Correyov31

Yes it does b/c that rule only takes effect in the last 2 minutes. Up until 2:01 you can foul all you want without having to give up free throws and possesion.

Yah? but this doesnt address the whole point that Refs change their calls durign the final minutes. They will call one thing a foul all game and then during the final minutes they may or may not call it. We need consistancy. The hack a shaq rule has absolutly nothing to do with this argument lol.

Correyov31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Correyov31
[QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="Just_Osmo"][QUOTE="Correyov31"][QUOTE="andyboiii"]

Just_Osmo

Yah? but this doesnt address the whole point that Refs change their calls durign the final minutes. They will call one thing a foul all game and then during the final minutes they may or may not call it. We need consistancy. The hack a shaq rule has absolutly nothing to do with this argument lol.

I won't continue to argue this with you b/c you aren't going to take it into consideration about how they are similar. Now about the two shot foul. I don't care what Barry's free throw percentage is he could have easily missed those shots. The way you talk it is a sure thing. There have been plenty of 90 % shooters who have missed huge free throws. It isn't a certain thing just like fisher's shot hitting the rim wasn't certain to seal the game for the Lakers.

BobC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BobC
Member since 2003 • 6259 Posts

1. Tim Duncan's 4step to the basket dunk

2. Kobe getting ZERO FTA the whole game. Yea right.

3. Odom's goaltend on Parker in the final minute was actually a clean block. Watch it again

4. Fisher's shot hit the rim.

5. Odom, Fish, Farmar, and Vujacic all got in early foul trouble on touch fouls

6. Barry traveled (he shuffles feet) on the last shot before getting fouled.

If anyone got shafted in this game by the refs, it was the Lakers. Justice was served. Eat it Laker haters.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kozzy1234

andyboiii

Ive seen the play many many times and not nearly as obvious as the fisher/barry one. Not even close imo.

Im neither a laker or spurs fan, and i want the lakers to win, but im just giving my honest opinion on the situation from an unbiased point of view, take it as that.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kozzy1234

3. Odom's goaltend on Parker in the final minute was actually a clean block. Watch it again

If anyone got shafted in this game by the refs, it was the Lakers. Justice was served. Eat it Laker haters.

BobC

Im not a fan of either team, but i would like to see the lakers win. Not a laker hater and far from it, Gasol is one of my fav players along with Lamar Odom. But imo that was a terrible call.

If the same play happened to kobe at the end of a game you would be saying the exactly opposite and pissed off that kobe didnt get the obvious call on the foul (like Barry)

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

BobC

Exactly, it's like Phil said at the end of the second half when the commentator asked him what happened for the Spurs to get back in the game after the Lakers had such a demanding lead: "The guys with the whistle!" I don't know what Just_Osmo deal is.

X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Spurs had no business winning that game or even taking it into OT, they didn't get "jobbed", they lost. Just so happens this is the first "call" or "no call" that makes a big impact, but there are plenty of bad calls, play the game.
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
Man, let it go the refs haven't officiated good for the whole series. Kobe did not even go the the free throw line?
waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts

BobC
We Have a Winner.
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 balindos
Member since 2003 • 2424 Posts
[QUOTE="BobC"]

waynehead895

We Have a Winner.

Welcome to the NBA and the REFS DOING WHATEVER THEY WANT. Welcome to WWEs version of Basketball. Duncan 4 step is no excuse, Just cause a player didnt go to the free throw doesnt mean anything, Odom's goaltend too close for the human eye, Early foul trouble = refs call the game however they want, and Barry travels? ? ? ? How did he travel when he took a dribble after the pump fake?????

I did not need that NBA to approve my opinion that it was a foul on fisher at the end of the game. The sad thing is that the only way Barry could of got that call is by flopping, instead he played through it not counting on the refs, Good Job Barry. That was a good game ruined just like the Spurs and Suns series last year. Refs have destroyed the NBA.

goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
Regardless, the refs have done a bad job all post season. This is basically a war between Lakers and Spurs fans, so it's pretty useless.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

Terrible call but it's the Spurs' fault for not playing better.

balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 balindos

Terrible call but it's the Spurs' fault for not playing better.

UssjTrunks

Doesnt mean that cause you played bad you shouldnt get the obvious call. Yeah spurs had way too many chances but at the end of the game it was a 2 point difference with a 2 free throw foul. Not say it was the only bad doing by the refs but obviously it decided the game.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 andyboiii
to sum this all up. the spurs are done ;)
balindos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 balindos

to sum this all up. the spurs are done ;)andyboiii

Maybe but a make up for the call game might be tonight. I hope not because then it will completely ruin the series.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 andyboiii

[QUOTE="andyboiii"]to sum this all up. the spurs are done ;)balindos

Maybe but a make up for the call game might be tonight. I hope not because then it will completely ruin the series.

I just hope it's a fairly called game. I don't like blaming the refs for a teams loss even if it's my team who lossed. I heard people saying last night on the message boards over on espn, how could kobe go without a FT the whole game? or the spurs got more fts then the lakers and all this bs. I don't look at that stuff to determine who outplayed who the entire night

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Just_Osmo

to sum this all up. the spurs are done ;)andyboiii

Because you said this the spurs will win tonight. Never make predictions it jinxes your team.

andyboiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 andyboiii

[QUOTE="andyboiii"]to sum this all up. the spurs are done ;)Just_Osmo

Because you said this the spurs will win tonight. Never make predictions it jinxes your team.

my prediction stands as correct :P

Just_Osmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Just_Osmo
[QUOTE="Just_Osmo"]

[QUOTE="andyboiii"]to sum this all up. the spurs are done ;)andyboiii

my prediction stands as correct :P

:-) Yah lucky for you :-P

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
The Lakers got screwed the entire series. It's ridiculous how few free throws Kobe took in the last 3 games, so I have no sympathy. Those fouls shouldn't be called to decide a game, anyway.