My Wish: What has ESPN come to?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaBears45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 DaBears45
Member since 2003 • 162 Posts
Seriously, is this the Lifetime channel? I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I care about, you know, sports? Who really cares if some kid gets to play with some sports star who is only going on there to improve is PR status? And having Chris Connely, the king of cheese reporting doing this makes it all the more unwatchable. Am I the only one who completely sees through this BS?
JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
They did this last year, too. I think it's just a way to fill time during the summer months, which is basically nothing but baseball.
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
i'd rather watch that than nascar highlights.
-Dionysus-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Dionysus-
Member since 2006 • 1276 Posts

i'd rather watch that than nascar highlights.romocop33

Agreed.

NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NetYankEagle
Member since 2007 • 11090 Posts

[QUOTE="romocop33"]i'd rather watch that than nascar highlights.-Dionysus-

Agreed.

skullkrusher13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 skullkrusher13
Member since 2004 • 8629 Posts
easy solution: turn on ESPNEWS
lunney523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lunney523
Member since 2006 • 174 Posts

easy solution: turn on ESPNEWSskullkrusher13

I hate watching ESPNEWS.. 10 second highlights and too many commercials

Spedmunds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spedmunds
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
C'mon guys lighten up, These kids love theirsports and have some type of disability that makes them not as good as they would have been.I think its a great thing and i love watching them.
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Seriously, is this the Lifetime channel? I don't mean to sound insensitive, but I care about, you know, sports? Who really cares if some kid gets to play with some sports star who is only going on there to improve is PR status? And having Chris Connely, the king of cheese reporting doing this makes it all the more unwatchable. Am I the only one who completely sees through this BS?DaBears45

Meh, I love Chris Connely...

mrgab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 1

#10 mrgab
Member since 2005 • 23329 Posts
Rather see some happy kid get a wish than boring nascar or golf highlights.
Tking1293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 Tking1293
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts
It's cool that they do it, but I wish instead of dragging out what's wrong with the kid they just tell you and get on to the sports star. And it's better than golf and tennis.
yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts
It's alright.
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NetYankEagle
I find it kinda ironic that the next"My Wish" is with Jimmie Johnson so i guess we cant escape teh nascar:o
VERS1ON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 VERS1ON
Member since 2003 • 1188 Posts

I find it kinda ironic that the next"My Wish" is with Jimmie Johnson so i guess we cant escape teh nascar:oNetYankEagle

Reading the previous posts, I was thinking the same thing. I have no problem with My Wish at all. These months are very slow sports-wise, and it makes decent filler, if nothing else. Plus, Chris Connelly, from MTV to ESPN after all these years...who would've figured?

Avatar image for schoolisnotkool
schoolisnotkool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 schoolisnotkool
Member since 2004 • 1973 Posts
Rather see some happy kid get a wish than boring nascar or golf highlights.mrgab
Hell yes. Amen to that. I hate nascar highlights and I hate golf highlights. The only people who like nascar are hicks down south and the only people who like golf are rich people. The majority of america doesn't like golf and nascar, the majority of america likes soccer over golf and nascar.
MFCocca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 MFCocca
Member since 2006 • 240 Posts
I'm a sucker for the MyWish segments, I make sure to sit down and watch every one of them. I will now place my man card on the table and walk away.
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts
i like it,my eyes get warm wheni see the joy that these little kids get from seeing their favorite sports stars
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NetYankEagle
yea its good to see these kids ge there wish and all but the kid who was with D-Wade his sickness was when he was a baby so why he getting a wish liek 10 years later? I was like wtf is this why is he getting a wish to see d-wade when his problem happened during birth. I had a life threathning surgery when i was liek 3 months old so am i owed a Wish to see The whole yankee team or what?
cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts

it's not that bad, turn the darn channel when that comes on, and nascar is pretty cool whats wrong with that?

I used to love nascar, then I hated it, now I like it again, its gotten better

cwalters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 cwalters
Member since 2003 • 2317 Posts

[QUOTE="mrgab"]Rather see some happy kid get a wish than boring nascar or golf highlights.schoolisnotkool
Hell yes. Amen to that. I hate nascar highlights and I hate golf highlights. The only people who like nascar are hicks down south and the only people who like golf are rich people. The majority of america doesn't like golf and nascar, the majority of america likes soccer over golf and nascar.

you really have no idea do you?

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
All sports programs I watch have retarted stories, except TheScore (Canadian program), it has the least.
jdub1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jdub1993
Member since 2005 • 644 Posts

Well all they show is baseball highlights and I hate baseball. so I don't mind it.

murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
I agree completely. I change the channel everytime that crap comes on. ESPN is becoming like MTV.
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BeanTownBrown86
i duno how a lot of you people can knock this, you dont feel happy for these children ?
NetYankEagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 NetYankEagle
I agree completely. I change the channel everytime that crap comes on. ESPN is becoming like MTV.murlow12
well ESPN is now owned by disney
yellbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 yellbell
Member since 2006 • 694 Posts

yea its good to see these kids ge there wish and all but the kid who was with D-Wade his sickness was when he was a baby so why he getting a wish liek 10 years later? I was like wtf is this why is he getting a wish to see d-wade when his problem happened during birth. I had a life threathning surgery when i was liek 3 months old so am i owed a Wish to see The whole yankee team or what?NetYankEagle

Yeah i should be in my wish because I had a heart problem when I was Born.

browniemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 browniemix
Member since 2005 • 257 Posts
i'm happy to see these kids get their wish of meeting there fav sports star i like watching them i know what these kids feel with there disability i myselef is disable i'v had 2 kidney transplants and now i find out friday if i got cancer or not so for espn to show my wish things is great cause its really a warmth thing to watch and it brings joy to me seeing a kid with all these problems with their health have so much fun and these kids prob love to see themselves on tv now if it was you that got to meet you fav sports star from the my wish thing wouldn't you like to see yourselef on tv
murlow12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 murlow12
Member since 2005 • 11109 Posts
i duno how a lot of you people can knock this, you dont feel happy for these children ?BeanTownBrown86
Nope, not in the least. I just feel sorry for the other millions of children that don't have clean clothes or food to eat. This is just a publicity gimmick.
NaturalDeezism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NaturalDeezism
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts

[QUOTE="BeanTownBrown86"]i duno how a lot of you people can knock this, you dont feel happy for these children ?murlow12
Nope, not in the least. I just feel sorry for the other millions of children that don't have clean clothes or food to eat. This is just a publicity gimmick.

You must not like alot of things then since you dont like MyWish cause its a publicity gimmick.

Your proud to be American, yet hate the way majority of Americans are.

anklebreakr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anklebreakr
Member since 2007 • 254 Posts

yeah those stories are bs. i switch the channel then switch back after like 15 mins after that crap is done.

i wish they expanded my fave show pti to one hour though. good night canada!

BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BeanTownBrown86
[QUOTE="BeanTownBrown86"]i duno how a lot of you people can knock this, you dont feel happy for these children ?murlow12

hmm, thats probably the coldest **** ive heard in a long time, but i do feel more sorry for children in poor countries that have absolutely nothing, but i wouldnt put down these children on espn, its sad that you cant do it for every child but atleast there doing something