Mavs have already passed there team single-sesaon record for wins with

This topic is locked from further discussion.

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts

Nice they have 61 wins and there are 10 games left. Any way did any of ya'll see the Knicks vs Mavs game it was crazy. Heres the summary of the last 7 seconds

Okay the mavs are tied with the knicks the mavs get fouled. So they go to the line and make 2 free throws. and there up by 2 so the knicks pass it a littile over mid-Court and drive it to the net. So the Knick player jumps and from behind Jason Terry jumps out from behind and blocks with out a foul. he lands on the ground with the ball but not in his fully in his possestion with 3 seconds left and the ball pops out. the knicks jump on it but Terry gets it and claims the game.

Also lets not for get dirk now has 15,000 points  he's almost a half way to MJ's number

twopic58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 twopic58
Member since 2007 • 3710 Posts
Screw Dirk.
re-tart356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 re-tart356
Member since 2007 • 284 Posts
good for mavs
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
$@#%@# mavs although I love Dirk. I want to see the kings win that much games. To bad they suck this year. Hopefully they get Greg Oden in the draft (not a good chance though)
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 d12malu
Member since 2002 • 1023 Posts
The Mavs will be the first to tell you it doesn't mean a thing. And unlike other teams who just say that, the Mavs really mean it. Bring on the playoffs already!
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
I can taste the first round out from here. Raptors are bringing the championship back where it belongs.
familyguy77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 familyguy77
Member since 2005 • 2238 Posts

If Dallas does not win the trophy this year, the season is a flop even if they went undefeated during the regular season.roulettethedog

Very true. Ain't no denyin' the regular season has been very impressive, but it doesn't mean anything if you don't win the whole thing.

dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
Does it matter? Mavs are going to choke in the playoffs like last year.
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Honestly, what team DOESN'T mean it when they say the regular season means nothing? That's a terribly misguided and inaccurate statement d12malu... I've never seen a team truly act like (and not be joking around) they were hotsh*t because of the regular season... just because they're jocks doesn't mean they're dumb ;). They know what counts, and what the Mavs have accomplished this year, I congratulate them on, but at the end of the year, the last laugh will go to the winner, aka, the team that WASN'T the MAVS last finals despite them winning big during the regular season last year...
SilverArmor82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SilverArmor82
Member since 2005 • 1609 Posts
Does it matter? Mavs are going to choke in the playoffs like last year.dkhw
At least they got to the Finals, even getting that far is comendable. Instead of calling it "choking", how about saying they lost to a better team.
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
That game was a joke compared to the Raptors/Wizards game that was on.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dkhw

[QUOTE="dkhw"]Does it matter? Mavs are going to choke in the playoffs like last year.SilverArmor82
At least they got to the Finals, even getting that far is comendable. Instead of calling it "choking", how about saying they lost to a better team.

It was pretty much a choke on part of the entire Dallas team including Avery. They had the Heat all wrapped up, but Dirk and the rest of the team let the championship get away from them. Also, Heat weren't that great during the championship games except D.Wade who pratically shot more FTs than both of the team combined.  

d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 d12malu
Honestly, what team DOESN'T mean it when they say the regular season means nothing? That's a terribly misguided and inaccurate statement d12malu... I've never seen a team truly act like (and not be joking around) they were hotsh*t because of the regular season... just because they're jocks doesn't mean they're dumb ;). They know what counts, and what the Mavs have accomplished this year, I congratulate them on, but at the end of the year, the last laugh will go to the winner, aka, the team that WASN'T the MAVS last finals despite them winning big during the regular season last year...ScoopyMcScoop
When a team makes it to the Finals or wins the championship, the regular season becomes meaningless from there on out. If the franchise has never gone deep in the playoffs, and you are on a record setting pace in the regular season, then I guarantee you players will buy into the hype they are the best and favorites to win it all. To the Mavs, they would gladly trade it all for another chance. Before, it was all about progress. Now that they have reached the Finals, nothing matters but the championship. Misguided and inaccurate? Lots of teams would be proud of what they accomplished during the regular season, especially if they have a chance to become the 2nd team in history with 70+ wins. To the Mavs, it would be utter failure if they lose. They would not feel better when they reflect back on the regular season. End of story.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 d12malu
I can taste the first round out from here. The Raptors are bringing the championship back where it belongs.pundog
I like the Raptors, but championship?!? Oh come on!!
UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts
[QUOTE="pundog"]I can taste the first round out from here. The Raptors are bringing the championship back where it belongs.d12malu

I say they'll be contendors in two seasons.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dkhw

[QUOTE="d12malu"][QUOTE="pundog"]I can taste the first round out from here. The Raptors are bringing the championship back where it belongs.UssjTrunks

I say they'll be contendors in two seasons.

It all depends on Bryan, but knowing him, he won't let Raptors down. 

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 pundog
[QUOTE="pundog"]I can taste the first round out from here. The Raptors are bringing the championship back where it belongs.d12malu

Don't worry, I was joking. But I can still see them coming out of the East, a long shot but possible.
d12malu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 d12malu
[QUOTE="d12malu"][QUOTE="pundog"]I can taste the first round out from here. The Raptors are bringing the championship back where it belongs.pundog

Don't worry, I was joking. But I can still see them coming out of the East, a long shot but possible.

hehe, must have been an early April Fools joke. Give them a couple more years and it won't be.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 pundog
[QUOTE="pundog"][QUOTE="d12malu"][QUOTE="pundog"]I can taste the first round out from here. The Raptors are bringing the championship back where it belongs.d12malu

hehe, must have been an early April Fools joke. Give them a couple more years and it won't be.

They are going to be scary good. The oldest player in their core (Bosh, Ford, Bargnani) is 23. They are going to be contenders for a long time.
ScoopyMcScoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ScoopyMcScoop
Member since 2005 • 1191 Posts
Look pundog, you're very obviously a Raps fanboy, and you oughta use a little more discretion before you go around, even on April Fools day no less, saying the Raps can win a ship or even make it outta the East. That's garbage talk. I'll stick my foot in my mouth if it happens, but I don't worry about being flexible enough, because it quite simply won't happen. True, they will be a good team in the years to come, but they will not challenge for a title this year or next. Not with Detroit, Cleveland, and especially Chicago coming on the way they are. Hell, the Heat are STILL a GREAT darkhorse pick, and they're the defending NBA champs. The East may have clearly inferior records up top, but in general, they have just about as good a chance as the West to churn out a champion... and there are just too many teams in front of the Raps coming and going to have them be a realistic chance to be contenders any time soon (again, your definition of soon could vary from mine)... I will agree that they'll be very fun to watch though. More fun than Vince's Raps.
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pundog
[QUOTE="ScoopyMcScoop"]Look pundog, you're very obviously a Raps fanboy, and you oughta use a little more discretion before you go around, even on April Fools day no less, saying the Raps can win a ship or even make it outta the East. That's garbage talk. I'll stick my foot in my mouth if it happens, but I don't worry about being flexible enough, because it quite simply won't happen. True, they will be a good team in the years to come, but they will not challenge for a title this year or next. Not with Detroit, Cleveland, and especially Chicago coming on the way they are. Hell, the Heat are STILL a GREAT darkhorse pick, and they're the defending NBA champs. The East may have clearly inferior records up top, but in general, they have just about as good a chance as the West to churn out a champion... and there are just too many teams in front of the Raps coming and going to have them be a realistic chance to be contenders any time soon (again, your definition of soon could vary from mine)... I will agree that they'll be very fun to watch though. More fun than Vince's Raps.

You're right. I didn't make myself very clear, I'm not saying the raptors are a lock to win like the Pistons or anything, but they are a very good dark horse pick, which is what I was trying to say. I am not expecting them to get past the 2nd round or anything along those lines, but if they did I would not be surprised.
nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

Screw Dirk.twopic58

WOW! That was an intelligent post! Dirk owns and you know it! I think the Mavs are going to get back to the Finals and get what they should have got last year, NBA TITLE BABY!!!

StarFoxCOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 StarFoxCOM
Member since 2006 • 5605 Posts
Damn they got there asses handed to them by the suns